Max Mosley - The Press Strike Back

Anything non-motor racing related.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Flash2k11

Max Mosley - The Press Strike Back

Post by Flash2k11 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... trial.html

Yeah, I know, the Fail etc, but they've gone pretty much all in with this article. It's been a few years but it was obvious that the fleet street boys were never going to let this row lie.....

..... what do we reckon? It's taken 5 years for that pamphlet to appear, and it's half a century old to boot. Seems like a revenge hatchet job with the added bonus of taking a shot at Tom Watson, but the stuff in that pamphlet is rather vile and it's very existence does cast doubt on the honesty of Mosley's testimony at his trial.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Black_Flag_11

Re: Max Mosley - The Press Strike Back

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

[quote] Among thousands of documents we have unearthed from his past is a vile pamphlet saying 'coloured immigrants' spread 'tuberculosis, VD and other terrible diseases like leprosy'.

It says they should be sent 'home' because 'coloured immigration threatens your children's health'. [/quote]

Imagine their embarrassment when they find out it was actually just a clipping from the Mail. Couldn't resist ;)

I don't know how much to believe him when he says his political views have changed. On the one hand we can pretty much all say that our political views alter in various ways over time, especially when you consider influence of family/friends. But for someone who was that proactive in racist causes I struggle to believe that he could have dropped those thoughts and opinions entirely.

TLDR: He still sounds like a nasty piece of work to me.

minchy

Post by minchy »

Oddly, the arguments he put forth in the pamphlet are scarily similar to some of those used in both Trump's presidential campaign and in the leave side of the brexit campaign.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

minchy wrote:Oddly, the arguments he put forth in the pamphlet are scarily similar to some of those used in both Trump's presidential campaign and in the leave side of the brexit campaign.
Yes, same arguments are still being made today, even if the language has changed.

I really don't see it as a big deal. Someone barely important had some racist views two decades before "love thy neighbour."