2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

I’ve got Sky on but wasn’t watching properly. Why did George Russell just count back from 100 in 3s?

JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

Always thought Norris and Sainz are pretty even :D

JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

Speaking of Sainz, what was he saying about impeding? Didn’t look like anyone got close to impeding him to me.

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Russell going well again. Mercedes look a class apart, though RB (well... Max) are closer than I thought they would be so far. We shall see if thats the case in Q3.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Go on Hulk, really hoping he goes well this weekend.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

Good old F1, red flag for gravel :lol:
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

To be fair, I dont think id fancy a face full of that being kicked at me doing 70mph.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

F1_Ernie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Good old F1, red flag for gravel :lol:
I don’t have a huge issue with the red flag but is there a need for them big truck sweeper things?

User avatar
tootsie323
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by tootsie323 »

JN23 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm
F1_Ernie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Good old F1, red flag for gravel :lol:
I don’t have a huge issue with the red flag but is there a need for them big truck sweeper things?
I thought that was a support race.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

JN23 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 pm
F1_Ernie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Good old F1, red flag for gravel :lol:
I don’t have a huge issue with the red flag but is there a need for them big truck sweeper things?
Its pathetic, next thing qe will see is a SC tomorrow for abit of gravel.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

Schumacher forever#1
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Albon out in Q2 again!
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Oh dear Albon. He's going to get the spanish violin at this rate. Racing Point bitterly disappointing too.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

TheGiantHogweed
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

Well, i can't hide the fact that I'm impressed by wll Hulkenberg did. His tyres may have been a lot quicker that Stroll's, but his time was almost identicle. And it has to be said, Stroll was lucky that Albon didn't improve. Racing point don't look as stong here. I think Red Bull are certainly the 2nd best car this time out.

TheGiantHogweed
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

Flash2k11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm
Oh dear Albon. He's going to get the spanish violin at this rate. Racing Point bitterly disappointing too.
Horner will defend him and say he did a fine job probably!

Schumacher forever#1
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:50 pm
Flash2k11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm
Oh dear Albon. He's going to get the spanish violin at this rate. Racing Point bitterly disappointing too.
Horner will defend him and say he did a fine job probably!
He's playing a smart game in fairness. Alex needs the support, and Red Bull and Horner gain nothing from any negative criticism. I'm sure behind the scenes Horner is thinking more harshly about the situation and will be keeping an eye on other drivers.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

Bottas for pole
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

lucifers
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by lucifers »

F1_Ernie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm
Bottas for pole
its looking that way

Fiki
Posts: 7973
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Belgium

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Fiki »

Strange to realize that by going too fast, Hamilton may have ruined the very slim chances of others who don't have a guaranteed place in the next part of qualifying. I don't know which drivers would have been on an attempt when the red flag was shown, but it is something that doesn't make sense to me.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

mikeyg123
Posts: 17177
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Well, i can't hide the fact that I'm impressed by wll Hulkenberg did. His tyres may have been a lot quicker that Stroll's, but his time was almost identicle. And it has to be said, Stroll was lucky that Albon didn't improve. Racing point don't look as stong here. I think Red Bull are certainly the 2nd best car this time out.

I disagree. I think the Red Bulls and the Racing Points are pretty well matched. Racing Point simply don't have the drivers to capitalize. I think when comparing these teams it's a lot more useful to compare Stroll/Albon than Stroll/Verstappen.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17177
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Both Ferrari drivers doing an incredible job.

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Mercedes finally open the taps. Stupidly fast, Monza is going to be an absolute bloodbath.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

kleefton
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by kleefton »

Every track will be a blood bath. The Redbull ring is one of Redbulls best track and they could only get within 8 tenths. Merc might run the tables this year barring reliability issues. Unbelievable.

kleefton
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by kleefton »

lucifers wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:56 pm
F1_Ernie wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:53 pm
Bottas for pole
its looking that way
Lewis has other ideas lol

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3612
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

Hamilton surprises me there, looked like Bottas had him this quali but great lap, I love being wrong :thumbup:
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

lucifers
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by lucifers »

well done hamilton 91 poles, 9 more and his in the 3 digits

mikeyg123
Posts: 17177
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

What a job by Leclerc. I don't think that car should be in the top 10 let alone 4th. Really shows what a difference great drivers can make in a tight midfield.

TheGiantHogweed
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

Vettel simply must have issues. Based on Vettel's driving style, he never seems to have weekends where he is well off the pace. He's either fast, slightly of or either of these two with loads of mistakes. But his pace is never this far off. He missed a great deal of practice and both yesterday and today has been reporting trouble of loose parts around the breaks. That is not an easy area to access with the time allowed. I don't think his time is reperesentetive of what he's capable of this time out at all.

Schumacher forever#1
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Hamilton like, it doesn't matter there's such a gap between us and third cos Bottas is pushing me. Like bro, it kind of does lol
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

kleefton
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by kleefton »

I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.

JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

Impressive from Hamilton after being behind in the early sessions.

Mega lap from Leclerc.

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm
Hamilton like, it doesn't matter there's such a gap between us and third cos Bottas is pushing me. Like bro, it kind of does lol
To us, sure. For him, it means someone is still breathing down his neck if he even drops off 1% from maximum performance. I'm honestly at the point now where I have to start pointing the finger at the other teams for not doing a good enough job. Red Bull and Ferrari both have enough money to directly challenge Mercedes on that front yet one team chose to develop their engine down a less than legitimate path to compete while the other are still chasing the high rake concept when the regulations have definitely shifted towards the Mercedes concept.

Ferrari have really annoyed me, you've only got to look at where Leclerc is today to see just how good that chassis must be with an engine that is probably 2 years down on development compared to the rest.... The reason Merc are walking it is because the others continue to drop the ball.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Schumacher forever#1
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Flash2k11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:25 pm
Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm
Hamilton like, it doesn't matter there's such a gap between us and third cos Bottas is pushing me. Like bro, it kind of does lol
To us, sure. For him, it means someone is still breathing down his neck if he even drops off 1% from maximum performance. I'm honestly at the point now where I have to start pointing the finger at the other teams for not doing a good enough job. Red Bull and Ferrari both have enough money to directly challenge Mercedes on that front yet one team chose to develop their engine down a less than legitimate path to compete while the other are still chasing the high rake concept when the regulations have definitely shifted towards the Mercedes concept.

Ferrari have really annoyed me, you've only got to look at where Leclerc is today to see just how good that chassis must be with an engine that is probably 2 years down on development compared to the rest.... The reason Merc are walking it is because the others continue to drop the ball.
I definitely agree. Red Bull and Ferrari haven't stepped up. Hamilton and Mercedes are dominating it at the moment, and there's no point in downplaying it.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

mpls2
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:11 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by mpls2 »

kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.
Let's wait and see, in fact let;s look at the facts until now..

Let's look at the facts

Gasly in RBR:-
Autsraila Gasly finishes on previous lap
Bahrain 52 sec behind Max
China 62 secs behind Max
Azerbaijanan previous lap
Spain 12 secs behond Max
Monaco 4 secs behind Max
canada Gasly finishes on previous lap
Franxe - Gasly finishes on prevous lap
Austria Gasly Finishes on previous lap
Great Britain Gasly in front


Albon in RBR
Germany 2 sec behond Max
hungary Finishes on previous lap to Max
Belgium 8 secs behind Max
Italy - 15secs behind Max
Sungapire 8 secs behind Max
Russia 24 secs Behind Max
Japan Albon in Front
Mex 47 secs behind Max
USA 73 secs behind Max
Brazil - spun out by Lewis, was due for 2nd
Abu dahbi 48 secs behind Max

Austrian - On for a win - agaon spun out by Lewis..
styrian finishe 11 secs behind max
Hungary finishe 70 secs behind Max

Paolo_Lasardi
Posts: 2408
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Paolo_Lasardi »

mpls2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.
Let's wait and see, in fact let;s look at the facts until now..

Let's look at the facts

Gasly in RBR:-
Autsraila Gasly finishes on previous lap
Bahrain 52 sec behind Max
China 62 secs behind Max
Azerbaijanan previous lap
Spain 12 secs behond Max
Monaco 4 secs behind Max
canada Gasly finishes on previous lap
Franxe - Gasly finishes on prevous lap
Austria Gasly Finishes on previous lap
Great Britain Gasly in front


Albon in RBR
Germany 2 sec behond Max
hungary Finishes on previous lap to Max
Belgium 8 secs behind Max
Italy - 15secs behind Max
Sungapire 8 secs behind Max
Russia 24 secs Behind Max
Japan Albon in Front
Mex 47 secs behind Max
USA 73 secs behind Max
Brazil - spun out by Lewis, was due for 2nd
Abu dahbi 48 secs behind Max

Austrian - On for a win - agaon spun out by Lewis..
styrian finishe 11 secs behind max
Hungary finishe 70 secs behind Max
Clearly shows that none of the two is up for the job.

kleefton
Posts: 3929
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by kleefton »

mpls2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.
Let's wait and see, in fact let;s look at the facts until now..

Let's look at the facts

Gasly in RBR:-
Autsraila Gasly finishes on previous lap
Bahrain 52 sec behind Max
China 62 secs behind Max
Azerbaijanan previous lap
Spain 12 secs behond Max
Monaco 4 secs behind Max
canada Gasly finishes on previous lap
Franxe - Gasly finishes on prevous lap
Austria Gasly Finishes on previous lap
Great Britain Gasly in front


Albon in RBR
Germany 2 sec behond Max
hungary Finishes on previous lap to Max
Belgium 8 secs behind Max
Italy - 15secs behind Max
Sungapire 8 secs behind Max
Russia 24 secs Behind Max
Japan Albon in Front
Mex 47 secs behind Max
USA 73 secs behind Max
Brazil - spun out by Lewis, was due for 2nd
Abu dahbi 48 secs behind Max

Austrian - On for a win - agaon spun out by Lewis..
styrian finishe 11 secs behind max
Hungary finishe 70 secs behind Max
You can’t just look at the end results and make a decision on that imo. The Austrian gp was only going to be an Albon win because of all those safety cars. If you just focus on pace, he was destroyed by Max. The reason I believe he is slower than Gasly is because of his relative speed to kvyatt. Albon was really as fast as kvyatt at TR. Gasly is clearly quicker. The reason Albon seems to be performing better is that he is a superior oVertaker an he takes more chances. But he’s too slow unfortunately and the lack of experience is another problem.

TheGiantHogweed
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

mpls2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.
Let's wait and see, in fact let;s look at the facts until now..

Let's look at the facts

Gasly in RBR:-
Autsraila Gasly finishes on previous lap
Bahrain 52 sec behind Max
China 62 secs behind Max
Azerbaijanan previous lap
Spain 12 secs behond Max
Monaco 4 secs behind Max
canada Gasly finishes on previous lap
Franxe - Gasly finishes on prevous lap
Austria Gasly Finishes on previous lap
Great Britain Gasly in front


Albon in RBR
Germany 2 sec behond Max
hungary Finishes on previous lap to Max
Belgium 8 secs behind Max
Italy - 15secs behind Max
Sungapire 8 secs behind Max
Russia 24 secs Behind Max
Japan Albon in Front
Mex 47 secs behind Max
USA 73 secs behind Max
Brazil - spun out by Lewis, was due for 2nd
Abu dahbi 48 secs behind Max

Austrian - On for a win - agaon spun out by Lewis..
styrian finishe 11 secs behind max
Hungary finishe 70 secs behind Max
Where did this fact come from?

Albon was in a Toro rosso this race and about 10 seconds behind Verstappen. Comparing Verstappen to his team mate, then you can say he took himself out.

TheGiantHogweed
Posts: 2476
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:15 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:43 pm
mpls2 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:31 pm
kleefton wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 pm
I support Albon but I have to admit he is slower than Gasly. Redbull needs to get serious and get some experience in that second seat. Hulkenberg or Perez would both be a sound choice. They need someone to help steer them in the right direction. Right now they’re just going backwards.
I was impressed with the ferraris. TheIr chassis isn’t god awful. They are just lacking a lot of power it seems.
Hulkenberg will be closer to Stroll next race. It likely takes time to get up to speed in a new car, new team and after being out for so long.
Let's wait and see, in fact let;s look at the facts until now..

Let's look at the facts

Gasly in RBR:-
Autsraila Gasly finishes on previous lap
Bahrain 52 sec behind Max
China 62 secs behind Max
Azerbaijanan previous lap
Spain 12 secs behond Max
Monaco 4 secs behind Max
canada Gasly finishes on previous lap
Franxe - Gasly finishes on prevous lap
Austria Gasly Finishes on previous lap
Great Britain Gasly in front


Albon in RBR
Germany 2 sec behond Max
hungary Finishes on previous lap to Max
Belgium 8 secs behind Max
Italy - 15secs behind Max
Sungapire 8 secs behind Max
Russia 24 secs Behind Max
Japan Albon in Front
Mex 47 secs behind Max
USA 73 secs behind Max
Brazil - spun out by Lewis, was due for 2nd
Abu dahbi 48 secs behind Max

Austrian - On for a win - agaon spun out by Lewis..
styrian finishe 11 secs behind max
Hungary finishe 70 secs behind Max
You can’t just look at the end results and make a decision on that imo. The Austrian gp was only going to be an Albon win because of all those safety cars. If you just focus on pace, he was destroyed by Max. The reason I believe he is slower than Gasly is because of his relative speed to kvyatt. Albon was really as fast as kvyatt at TR. Gasly is clearly quicker. The reason Albon seems to be performing better is that he is a superior oVertaker an he takes more chances. But he’s too slow unfortunately and the lack of experience is another problem.
While I don't think it would be a better option, I almost wonder Kvyat going back to Red bull wouldn't be any worse than either of the latest drivers they have had. I myself thought there wasn't really anything to choose between Kvyat and Albon at Toro Rosso. Kvyat with more experience and a 2nd chance may pay off. But they need to stop going for such young and inexperienced drivers and then ruining their careers.

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

I wonder if a certain Spaniard fancies half a season getting reaquainted with an F1 car.....
2018 Pick 10 Champion

JN23
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:14 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by JN23 »

Flash2k11 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:55 pm
I wonder if a certain Spaniard fancies half a season getting reaquainted with an F1 car.....
I'm guessing you're probably joking but I imagine Renault wouldn't allow that.

Zazu
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:08 am

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix Practice And Qualifying Thread

Post by Zazu »

I can't remember F1 being in a worse state of affairs

Cars completely planted round half the track without needing to brake, Mercedes' dominance worse than ever with teammates who are more likely to be seen giving each other a massage than a fight, Albon and Stroll proving passport/marketability and cash is more important than talent

Post Reply