Mugello (and Sochi) races to be confirmed imminently.

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Alienturnedhuman

Mugello (and Sochi) races to be confirmed imminently.

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Joe Saward is reporting that Mugello and Sochi are to be confirmed shortly, with Mugello forming a triple header with Spa and Monza.

https://www.joeblogsf1.com/joesaward/id/00773

Siao7

Re: Mugello (and Sochi) races to be confirmed imminently.

Post by Siao7 »

I'm happy with this, I remember drivers being sad for not having it in the calendar, it is supposed to be quite a good circuit. Along with Spa and Monza it will be a good few weekends for us!

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Siao7 wrote:I'm happy with this, I remember drivers being sad for not having it in the calendar, it is supposed to be quite a good circuit. Along with Spa and Monza it will be a good few weekends for us!
I'd say it would be a good drivers circuit, I cant see any obvious overtaking spot though, so depending on what fans want they may be a little disappointed.

Cold Gin

Post by Cold Gin »

I really, REALLY hope that these jokers in F1 don't butcher the lovely gravel traps that this track has with tarmac run-off. Obviously they won't do it this year, but someone will start squawking about it if they keep coming back here.

Mugello is one of the most majestic and beautiful tracks on the MotoGP calendar, which is where it belongs. I hope F1's race here is a one-off and they never come back.

I'm mostly joking, I hope F1 stages a good race here, but it really would be terrible if they butchered this track, it's such an awesome spectacle for motorcycles.
I'd rather die than be overtaken.

Zazu

Post by Zazu »

Sochi selling tickets and insist spectators will be there

Mugello is a great circuit in great setting but barring the main straight F1 cars won't be able to pass or get near each other for the rest of the lap

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Cold Gin wrote:I really, REALLY hope that these jokers in F1 don't butcher the lovely gravel traps that this track has with tarmac run-off. Obviously they won't do it this year, but someone will start squawking about it if they keep coming back here.

Mugello is one of the most majestic and beautiful tracks on the MotoGP calendar, which is where it belongs. I hope F1's race here is a one-off and they never come back.

I'm mostly joking, I hope F1 stages a good race here, but it really would be terrible if they butchered this track, it's such an awesome spectacle for motorcycles.
I suspect it will be a one-off. Under the current design, these cars will have trouble following each other through those sweeping bends. I think that it wil be a great circuit to drive, less so to watch. Leave it to the bikes!
Where I'm going, I don't need roads