Tiny Acts of Rebellion

Anything non-motor racing related.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
AngusWolfe

Tiny Acts of Rebellion

Post by AngusWolfe »

What are the little things you do to stick it to the man? Also known as First World Anarchism. (Yes i took this format from various internet sources)

Yesterday, while in ikea, instead of paying for a drink with my (quite frankly awful) food, i grabbed a cup from the... bit bit that sells cups, and filled it from the pump. After finishing said food and stolen unbranded cola, I bought the 50p glass.
IV

Siao7

Re: Tiny Acts of Rebellion

Post by Siao7 »

AngusWolfe wrote:What are the little things you do to stick it to the man? Also known as First World Anarchism. (Yes i took this format from various internet sources)

Yesterday, while in ikea, instead of paying for a drink with my (quite frankly awful) food, i grabbed a cup from the... bit bit that sells cups, and filled it from the pump. After finishing said food and stolen unbranded cola, I bought the 50p glass.

I got an IKEA one. They made me wait for hours in the exchange/return items place, so me and my friend drank a few of the free drinks they had in the coffee machine. Something like 6 coffees and 4 chocolate drinks, take that IKEA!

minchy

Post by minchy »

AngusWolfe wrote:What are the little things you do to stick it to the man? Also known as First World Anarchism. (Yes i took this format from various internet sources)

At least it's a decent price in Ikea, not the normal £5 a sandwich shop cafe!
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Ah Ikea!!! I ignore the arrows and go where I want! No way I'm letting some faceless corporation tell me where I should walk and what I should look at :o

Mind you I usually get lost and can't find anything :blush:

coulthards chin

Post by coulthards chin »

I order cinema tickets online at the student price and collect them from the ticket machine :twisted:

I also buy sweets and drinks from Tesco and smuggle them in

painless

Post by painless »

"Do not fold or staple cheque"

I fold AND staple.

Jimbox01

Post by Jimbox01 »

Saw this on holiday a few years back.

I thought about looking for something to bonk, but when it's -15C and snowing, you soon come to your senses.

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

Sometime back we had a major power outage in our area and the data service on my cell phone was out for about 5-6 days. Now previous when this happened they compensated me for the loss of service, however this time they refused to do it. Now I'm a resonable person, most of the time and I actually spent more money calling them to fix the issue. All I had asked for 10-15% discount like they did the last time. After they refused the 5 time I went to their website and sent a long stinker expressing my dissatisfaction. I also wrote on their facebook page and a handful of blogs.
Exactly 2 days after my online rampage, one of the higher ups called up to tell me that my request has again been reviewed and that I will be compensated. When I enquired how much would that be, they told me they added a 4 months of free rental.
[b LOADING KILL LIST.......[/b]
--------------------

Mr-E

Post by Mr-E »

Sometimes I write the name "Formula 1" without the approval from FOM. Ha! Take that Bernie! :twisted:

Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

I don't always eject my USB devices safely.

F**K THE SYSTEM!!!!!
I remember when this website was all fields.

AngusWolfe

Post by AngusWolfe »

coulthards chin wrote:I order cinema tickets online at the student price and collect them from the ticket machine :twisted:

:o that's genius! I've always smuggled food in, but I'm ashamed that I've never thought of the ticket thing.
IV

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Banana Man wrote:I don't always eject my USB devices safely.

F**K THE SYSTEM!!!!!

I never pay the car park...

For the first minute until I walk to the ticket machine! lots of free minutes there, muehehe

Rachie_D

Post by Rachie_D »

AngusWolfe wrote:
coulthards chin wrote:I order cinema tickets online at the student price and collect them from the ticket machine :twisted:

:o that's genius! I've always smuggled food in, but I'm ashamed that I've never thought of the ticket thing.

LAst time I got them from the machine he ID'd me at the entrance bit. Luckily I still have a student id but c'mon!
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.

LukeMallory

Post by LukeMallory »

I had sex beside a 'No Parking' sign on Sunday.

I'm pretty much using this thread to inform people that I had sex.

AngusWolfe

Post by AngusWolfe »

I call Stella Artois apple based alcoholic beverage "cider".
IV

painless

Post by painless »

Online stores that won't deliver to Post Office Boxes?

I use address like Bocks 1234,
I can even get away with "The EKWII Building" (Everybody Knows Where It Is - it's a small town!)

runningman67

Post by runningman67 »

AngusWolfe wrote:I call Stella Artois apple based alcoholic beverage "cider".

That's not a tiny act of rebellion, it's Cidre. ;)

My act of Rebellion is peeing in the shower. :blush: ;) after several Cidres!

Blinky McSquinty

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

I was once at a disciplinary hearing at work, with union rep, human resources and upper management rep. The boss was really trying to screw me over, trying to make me look like Jack the Ripper. He asked me if I had anything to say, and I asked him why he had not kissed me. There was a real confused look on his face, he said he didn't understand. I said, "I always thought that if you were going to f--k someone, you at least kissed them on the lips".

LukeMallory

Post by LukeMallory »

Blinky McSquinty wrote:I was once at a disciplinary hearing at work, with union rep, human resources and upper management rep. The boss was really trying to screw me over, trying to make me look like Jack the Ripper. He asked me if I had anything to say, and I asked him why he had not kissed me. There was a real confused look on his face, he said he didn't understand. I said, "I always thought that if you were going to f--k someone, you at least kissed them on the lips".

Danny Archer!