Annoyances

Anything non-motor racing related.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
User avatar
Rachie_D
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Rachie_D »

Seriously think everybody should have to put a disclaimer of who they support in their signatures. That way when people claim to not be biased we can just see the truth.
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image

User avatar
huggybear
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by huggybear »

What's really swimming pool me off is people that I'm subsiding on bills (because we are family and live together) telling me that it's only X amount for certain things I can't afford to pay for because I'm spending 3/4 of my pay on the bills they should be paying for.
If they actually got off their bum and contributed to the household, I'd be able to afford the things my parents somehow feel obliged to buy for them.

User avatar
cm97
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am
Location: Australia

Re: Annoyances

Post by cm97 »

I think some Australians will relate to this part

KEVIN RUDD

Creates a mess in this country and then pretends he is a new man and is back to save Australia from the baddies that are the Liberals who kept this country going strong for so long. Makes up a heap of BS and spreads them over TV and the media. Plus he has seemed to have brainwashed many young people to vote for him and other students at school are telling me about what a hero he is and how the opposition will destroy this country

The current music industry.
Didn't realise how far the music industry had slipped until I went on YouTube for about an hour last night. Listened to Green Day, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Queen and some other music and it made me think; What has happend to the music industry?

People at my school
It's term 3 now, and we have had the same timetable schedule since Jan 31. So don't ask me what class we have next every 5 mins. How hard can it be to remember for crying out loud!

Also, I don't like my name been shortened. Sorry, if I wanted to be called a shorter name, I will tell you. However until then please call me by my full name.

First World problems
People who can't respect our teachers and have their phones out complaining that someone unliked their photo or how the internet is slow. Seriously get real and SHUT UP!

The fact I miss out on so much stuff without Facebook. I know I should get it blah blah but ain't nobody got time for that. I guess I'm better of without it, but still it makes life hard sometimes especially with the ladies.

The school swim team
They come into the school weight room on 2 of the 3 times I'm there per week. The gym is small as it is (because we have to have a dance room next door even though it is hardly used) and then when I'm working with my PT, they come up to him and ask him the stupidest questions. He then loses concentration on my workout even though I'm paying him, which isn't his fault because it is his duty of care. Also they don't understand personal space or that when I'm lifting and doing a circuit please don't get in my way. Also they make so much noise, whine and just be negative in general, it frustrates me so much. I'd rather listen to the music playing before they walked in thanks. Also they steal the weights I'm using, because and I quote "we are high performance athletes, and we got priority in this school gym". No sorry you are not high performance, you bench only 30kgs and eat McDonalds and other rubbish and also the only reason you are in the swim team is because you have to pay for all these special lessons and blah blah blah before you are even considered. So don't tell me you are a high performance athlete when you spend half your time talking rubbish and that even though I'm not part of the swim team, I can out swim them.

This ends my rant for now. I try not to complain to much, its not a nice quality but I'm seriously fired up ATM.
#Keep Fighting Michael

DrG
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Annoyances

Post by DrG »

Rachie_D wrote:Seriously think everybody should have to put a disclaimer of who they support in their signatures. That way when people claim to not be biased we can just see the truth.

:thumbup: I so agree. There are some posters in the main forum that go all out in support of a particular F1 driver & seem to have a lot of hate for another F1 driver &, when that is pointed out, they then come out & say they don't actually support the driver they are carrying on about. It is so frustrating cause you know it's not true :D

DrG
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Annoyances

Post by DrG »

cm97 wrote:I think some Australians will relate to this part

KEVIN RUDD

Creates a mess in this country and then pretends he is a new man and is back to save Australia from the baddies that are the Liberals who kept this country going strong for so long. Makes up a heap of BS and spreads them over TV and the media. Plus he has seemed to have brainwashed many young people to vote for him and other students at school are telling me about what a hero he is and how the opposition will destroy this country

:thumbup: Thank you, my faith in the younger generation has been restored :D

User avatar
Kimi 2012
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Kimi 2012 »

cm97 wrote:I think some Australians will relate to this part

KEVIN RUDD

Creates a mess in this country and then pretends he is a new man and is back to save Australia from the baddies that are the Liberals who kept this country going strong for so long. Makes up a heap of BS and spreads them over TV and the media. Plus he has seemed to have brainwashed many young people to vote for him and other students at school are telling me about what a hero he is and how the opposition will destroy this country

The current music industry.
Didn't realise how far the music industry had slipped until I went on YouTube for about an hour last night. Listened to Green Day, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi, Queen and some other music and it made me think; What has happend to the music industry?

People at my school
It's term 3 now, and we have had the same timetable schedule since Jan 31. So don't ask me what class we have next every 5 mins. How hard can it be to remember for crying out loud!

Also, I don't like my name been shortened. Sorry, if I wanted to be called a shorter name, I will tell you. However until then please call me by my full name.

First World problems
People who can't respect our teachers and have their phones out complaining that someone unliked their photo or how the internet is slow. Seriously get real and SHUT UP!

The fact I miss out on so much stuff without Facebook. I know I should get it blah blah but ain't nobody got time for that. I guess I'm better of without it, but still it makes life hard sometimes especially with the ladies.

The school swim team
They come into the school weight room on 2 of the 3 times I'm there per week. The gym is small as it is (because we have to have a dance room next door even though it is hardly used) and then when I'm working with my PT, they come up to him and ask him the stupidest questions. He then loses concentration on my workout even though I'm paying him, which isn't his fault because it is his duty of care. Also they don't understand personal space or that when I'm lifting and doing a circuit please don't get in my way. Also they make so much noise, whine and just be negative in general, it frustrates me so much. I'd rather listen to the music playing before they walked in thanks. Also they steal the weights I'm using, because and I quote "we are high performance athletes, and we got priority in this school gym". No sorry you are not high performance, you bench only 30kgs and eat McDonalds and other rubbish and also the only reason you are in the swim team is because you have to pay for all these special lessons and blah blah blah before you are even considered. So don't tell me you are a high performance athlete when you spend half your time talking rubbish and that even though I'm not part of the swim team, I can out swim them.

This ends my rant for now. I try not to complain to much, its not a nice quality but I'm seriously fired up ATM.


I sympathise with you about the gym thing. The place I go to isn't the largest place in the world but it is the most annoying thing when these prats walk into the place and do nothing but talk sh*t while staring in the mirror doing bicep curls with 10kg dumbbells. I mean seriously their back does more of a workout than there arms and they think they're the next Arnie!! Oh and they're untidy louts!! They use a weight, then leave it on the floor for somebody else to tidy, inconsiderate morons!! I got extreme pleasure watching one of them trying to bench press 50kg and they could barely lift the bar! I have no problem with people who come in, use the stuff properly, clean up after themselves and leave in peace but I have no time whatsoever for these wee sh*ts!!!!!! Rant over
F1 fan since 97...
Kimi Raikkonen
Fernando Alonso :D
Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

User avatar
tootsie323
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by tootsie323 »

cm97 wrote:... I don't like my name been shortened. Sorry, if I wanted to be called a shorter name, I will tell you. However until then please call me by my full name...
Just how would one shorten cm97?
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

painless
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by painless »

tootsie323 wrote:Just how would one shorten cm97?

cm96?

User avatar
huggybear
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by huggybear »

I keep getting NSIS errors on my desktop whenever I try to download and run any .exe files on that machine. It will install .exe files downloaded from other computers and copied across, which is weird. No idea how or why it's doing it, and it's really annoying me.

SDLRob
Posts: 2098
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by SDLRob »

Been involved in a debate for the last few days over Gibraltar with some Spainish members of another forum... These guys happily admit they'd like to see 'all measures' used to resolve the issue... Aka, the military brought in..

Yet they call the UK warmongers for the fact a naval task group is pausing in Gibraltar while passing through to an annual exercise...
[Space for rent]

User avatar
huggybear
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by huggybear »

BBC Athletics coverage. I've had to listen to 15 years worth of them going on about poor sprinters being good talents while running 10.5, and James Dasaolu is our fastest sprinter for 20 years, and he barely gets a mention because they are too busy getting into a frenzy over Usain Bolt

User avatar
cm97
Posts: 761
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:45 am
Location: Australia

Re: Annoyances

Post by cm97 »

Kimi 2012 wrote:

I sympathise with you about the gym thing. The place I go to isn't the largest place in the world but it is the most annoying thing when these prats walk into the place and do nothing but talk sh*t while staring in the mirror doing bicep curls with 10kg dumbbells. I mean seriously their back does more of a workout than there arms and they think they're the next Arnie!! Oh and they're untidy louts!! They use a weight, then leave it on the floor for somebody else to tidy, inconsiderate morons!! I got extreme pleasure watching one of them trying to bench press 50kg and they could barely lift the bar! I have no problem with people who come in, use the stuff properly, clean up after themselves and leave in peace but I have no time whatsoever for these wee sh*ts!!!!!! Rant over


Oh yes, especially the Arnie no hopers. I agree with you completely about those who come in and do the right thing, but unfortunately they are now the minority.

.
painless wrote:
tootsie323 wrote:Just how would one shorten cm97?

cm96?


Haha nah, my comment was in relation to the discussion on the previous page about shortening names. I don't mind if my username gets shortened here, but IRL, I don't like my name shortened.
#Keep Fighting Michael

User avatar
Rachie_D
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Rachie_D »

People that read half a thread and then make rash assumptions. I mean c'mon, it's still on its first page!
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image

User avatar
Water
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Location: The Finnish forests

Re: Annoyances

Post by Water »

This is one that I've found in F1 forums, but it appears elsewhere as well.

Calling drivers, or other widely known people, by their first name. I see no issue in doing so in fan threads and in lighter subjects concerning the driver in question (I do sometimes use "Kimi" in the driver-specific thread), but if you're trying to make a point in a discussion, calling a driver by their first name makes you look incredibly biased, no matter how valid your point may actually be. This is found more often with some drivers than others (and outside F1, it's the same trend with certain people).

I find this especially amusing in political discussions, but as I read F1 forums more than political ones things like these have really started to annoy me. It's just that using first names often goes hand in hand with heavy bias, but when that's not the case, the person making a good point may find him-/herself being taken less serious than usual - or am I the only one? Call me overreacting, but it's the little things, such as this and your/you're, that can make or break a point.

Using first names of F1 drivers is especially annoying if the poster, in the very same post, uses last names of other drivers thus creating a contrast. For example "Petey has done very well in turn 95, whereas Johnson-da Silva has really messed up his braking points"...
Abbreviating drivers' names (Said Johnson-da Silva being SJS or SJdS) is fine to some extent, as long as it isn't done without exception.

My apologies if there actually is a racing driver called Said Johnson-da Silva. :blush:

User avatar
minchy
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by minchy »

I think you could be reading a bit much into it!

As you said Kimi is often used, as is Seb, but it's not just first names you should be looking at and nit taking a post seriously. You do need to read the entire post and see if the poster is using first names for every driver mentioned or just for a certain one, that's when you can tell bias, otherwise it's just the posters style of writing.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

pubpokerplayer
Posts: 3124
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by pubpokerplayer »

I disagree completely. I use Seb Lewis and Kimi. But Grosjean Hulkenberg and Perez.

I dislike Seb and Kimi. Love Lewis and am a big fan of the other 3 mentioned. The reason I use Seb Kimi and Lewis is because we so often hear them referred to as that and many others on the forum use it so it's just become natural I don't think it's any sign of bias-ness.

Gothalamide
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by Gothalamide »

I think most people probably use: Seb, Lewis, Kimi, Fred...

For the rest it's either last name of a mix of either first or last (e.g. Jenson or maybe Button...)

:D :D :D

User avatar
Rachie_D
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Rachie_D »

Gothalamide wrote:I think most people probably use: Seb, Lewis, Kimi, Fred...

For the rest it's either last name of a mix of either first or last (e.g. Jenson or maybe Button...)

:D :D :D


After once calling Grosjean RoGro in my dad's company all the drivers are now shortened that way. SeVe, LeHa, JeBu, FeAl. All kinds of fun!
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by moby »

I do it out of pure laziness. :D

Seb is 3 key strokes, Kimi 4, which on a blackberry is a considerable saving.

User avatar
Black_Flag_11
Posts: 8080
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

I think the use of first names can lighten the discussion a bit. Admittedly I do it myself but the one thing I do dislike, and try to cut out of my posts, is saying a first name for one driver accompanied by a last name for another.

For example, Mark beat Vettel. Or Seb beat Webber.

Other than that its all good IMO.

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by moby »

Loud kids.

Kids between 4 and 10 who have to shout everything as loud as they can when it is a silent place.
I dont mean when they need to be heard, just when talking to another kid a foot away

You can add screamers to this too

painless
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by painless »

moby wrote:Loud kids.


Moby, don't move North! The closer you get to the Arctic Circle the closer you get to twenty four hour daylight in summer. Ask me how many kids are out playing in the streets at 3 am. in my neck of the woods.

You can add loud adults and loud adolescents to the annoying list also!

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by moby »

painless wrote:
moby wrote:Loud kids.


Moby, don't move North! The closer you get to the Arctic Circle the closer you get to twenty four hour daylight in summer. Ask me how many kids are out playing in the streets at 3 am. in my neck of the woods.

You can add loud adults and loud adolescents to the annoying list also!


LOL I can imagine :o My mum always said be home by dark, would have loved it.

TBH, I have no problem with kids playing, 99% are fine, its just the one who has a foghorn for a mouth and it is stuck on full volume.

Moore
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 pm
Location: England

Re: Annoyances

Post by Moore »

Water wrote:This is one that I've found in F1 forums, but it appears elsewhere as well.

Calling drivers, or other widely known people, by their first name. I see no issue in doing so in fan threads and in lighter subjects concerning the driver in question (I do sometimes use "Kimi" in the driver-specific thread), but if you're trying to make a point in a discussion, calling a driver by their first name makes you look incredibly biased, no matter how valid your point may actually be. This is found more often with some drivers than others (and outside F1, it's the same trend with certain people).

I find this especially amusing in political discussions, but as I read F1 forums more than political ones things like these have really started to annoy me. It's just that using first names often goes hand in hand with heavy bias, but when that's not the case, the person making a good point may find him-/herself being taken less serious than usual - or am I the only one? Call me overreacting, but it's the little things, such as this and your/you're, that can make or break a point.

Using first names of F1 drivers is especially annoying if the poster, in the very same post, uses last names of other drivers thus creating a contrast. For example "Petey has done very well in turn 95, whereas Johnson-da Silva has really messed up his braking points"...
Abbreviating drivers' names (Said Johnson-da Silva being SJS or SJdS) is fine to some extent, as long as it isn't done without exception.

My apologies if there actually is a racing driver called Said Johnson-da Silva. :blush:


I end up mixing it up when discussing. One moment I'll call them by their first name (All drivers), next I'll use their initials and then I'll use their surnames. I have no idea why I do it.

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by moby »

Got a new one (Again)

Idiot kids who tare through town centers on motorcycles as fast as they can and completely disregard traffic rules or pedestrians. Part one.

Part two
Coppers who flag ME down and proceed to lecture ME on what they have just seen irrespective of the fact that
A I have no idea who the kid is

B they are on a 'scrambler' that sounds like a mad chainsaw, while I am on a BMW touring doing 30mph and you can not hear it when you stand next to it.

C they were far closer to the idiot than I was and it is their job to stop idiots who are probably not old enough to even get a license, let alone insurance, not mine as I have both.

I feel particularly annoyed as I was probably as tiddled at the kid as they were, bit I then get the blame for it :blush: :frown: :frown: :frown:

User avatar
Rachie_D
Posts: 622
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Rachie_D »

Thinking I was fairly quick at typing only to discover my typing speed is about 55-60. Ah well, practice makes perfect, huh?
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image

User avatar
Tufty
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales

Re: Annoyances

Post by Tufty »

I can only beat that when I'm typing angry tbh.

Then I make a load of mistamkes.
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!

Siao7
Posts: 9038
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by Siao7 »

Betting ads.

They are everywhere. All the time, every channel/youtube video/you name it.

It's getting very annoying now

User avatar
Amon
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Annoyances

Post by Amon »

Moore wrote:
Water wrote:This is one that I've found in F1 forums, but it appears elsewhere as well.

Calling drivers, or other widely known people, by their first name. I see no issue in doing so in fan threads and in lighter subjects concerning the driver in question (I do sometimes use "Kimi" in the driver-specific thread), but if you're trying to make a point in a discussion, calling a driver by their first name makes you look incredibly biased, no matter how valid your point may actually be. This is found more often with some drivers than others (and outside F1, it's the same trend with certain people).

I find this especially amusing in political discussions, but as I read F1 forums more than political ones things like these have really started to annoy me. It's just that using first names often goes hand in hand with heavy bias, but when that's not the case, the person making a good point may find him-/herself being taken less serious than usual - or am I the only one? Call me overreacting, but it's the little things, such as this and your/you're, that can make or break a point.

Using first names of F1 drivers is especially annoying if the poster, in the very same post, uses last names of other drivers thus creating a contrast. For example "Petey has done very well in turn 95, whereas Johnson-da Silva has really messed up his braking points"...
Abbreviating drivers' names (Said Johnson-da Silva being SJS or SJdS) is fine to some extent, as long as it isn't done without exception.

My apologies if there actually is a racing driver called Said Johnson-da Silva. :blush:


I end up mixing it up when discussing. One moment I'll call them by their first name (All drivers), next I'll use their initials and then I'll use their surnames. I have no idea why I do it.


Yeah I do much of the same, I don't have a certain pattern in using first or surnames or initials. I also think most people who don't refer to a driver with their last name do it because it is easier. I do say Kimi even though I'm no fan and I do say Schumi and I didn't like the guy at all as driver.
But calling someone you don't know personally or is ranked higher by their last name only is actually disrespectful towards that person. We should say Mr or Ms. I would like to be called by my first name too not my last name even if it's a person I don't know really well.
F1 fan since 1989
Image

User avatar
AngusWolfe
Posts: 3796
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by AngusWolfe »

Being sent an email at 3am about a job vacancy only to be told it's gone by 9am :/
IV
Image

User avatar
huggybear
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by huggybear »

My new smart tv required a £25 wifi dongle to access the internet, and now having bought that, the sodding wifi won't connect.
It says that it's connected to the router, the IP, Subnet, Default gateway, DNS, and broadcast addresses are all correct, but it can't ping the update servers.

User avatar
coulthards chin
Posts: 1069
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by coulthards chin »

When your train is delayed and you miss your changing connection - especially when it's not the most popular route.

A journey that should have taken me 1 hour 50 took nearly 4 hours on Saturday night!
Pick 10 Competition:
2013 - 10th
2014 - 9th
2015 - 6th
2019 - 10th

Jimbox01
Posts: 790
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:59 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by Jimbox01 »

Garages that double as mini supermarkets.

You can't get to the pumps because people fill up and then spend ages browsing for bits and bobs.
When you do eventually get your fuel, you then have to spend ages in a queue, standing behind people with full shopping baskets, and there are never enough people on the checkouts anyway.

I go to the garage to buy petrol - I just want to buy it and leave.

mac_d
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by mac_d »

Regarding driver names, I mix and match between first and surnames all the times. I'll call Lewis Hamilton either "Lewis" or "Hamilton" or his full name or "LewLew".
I mostly refer to Kimi and Mika by their first names because my spelling is rather poor and I mess up their names and I'm too lazy to check or learn them properly.

I don't like the Alonso "Fred" one too much so I don't use it. I think I mostly call Alonso by his surname (ignoring the full spannish version obviously). I don't ever call Rosberg or Hulkenberg Nico for obvious reasons. I'd never call Mark Webber "Mark". He's always "Webber".

JB is often JB, sometimes first name, sometime surname, sometime Jenny.

I think as long as it is clear who people are talking about that it is 6 and half a dozen. It can be a little bit fun or silly and I'm all for a little bit of fun or silliness every now and then. Or if I'm in a bad mood I hate you all...

Argentum
Posts: 879
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Argentum »

Jimbox01 wrote:Garages that double as mini supermarkets.

You can't get to the pumps because people fill up and then spend ages browsing for bits and bobs.
When you do eventually get your fuel, you then have to spend ages in a queue, standing behind people with full shopping baskets, and there are never enough people on the checkouts anyway.

I go to the garage to buy petrol - I just want to buy it and leave.


Definitely this.

Along with those who, when they come back to their car with a queue behind waiting to get at the pump, faff around for ages sorting out their hair, then putting lipstick on, rather than just moving off the pump to let others on.

The women are no better.

Siao7
Posts: 9038
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by Siao7 »

Argentum wrote:
Jimbox01 wrote:Garages that double as mini supermarkets.

You can't get to the pumps because people fill up and then spend ages browsing for bits and bobs.
When you do eventually get your fuel, you then have to spend ages in a queue, standing behind people with full shopping baskets, and there are never enough people on the checkouts anyway.

I go to the garage to buy petrol - I just want to buy it and leave.


Definitely this.

Along with those who, when they come back to their car with a queue behind waiting to get at the pump, faff around for ages sorting out their hair, then putting lipstick on, rather than just moving off the pump to let others on.

The women are no better.


Yup. That's why I love the petrol stations back home, the guys put the fuel for you and you go, no stupid delays what-so-ever.

Gothalamide
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 am

Re: Annoyances

Post by Gothalamide »

Rude Self-service tills in supermarkets that don't have any patience...

*click button to finish and start paying*
Till - Choose payment method, have you swiped your nectar card
Me - I'm trying to. While you are bloody asking me, I'm waving it over the scanner repeatedly. If you shut up, you could go beep for me...
Till - ... ... ... ... Beep... Select payment method. *I select cash*
Till - Insert cash, or select pay by card
Me - I'm trying to insert cash. It does take me a few seconds to count out my money.
Till - Insert cash, or select pay by card
Me - I've already started putting bloody money in you. I'm paying by cash. Shut up and give me time to put more money in to complete this
Till - Insert cash, or select pay by card
Me - Look, I'm paying by cash and I'm trying to stick this note in
Till - Insert cash, or select pay by card *I finally get note in the machine
Till - Thank you, please take your change
Me - YOU BLOODY HAVEN'T SPIT IT OUT YET YOU STUPID ******* MACHINE
Till - Thank you, please take your change
Me - Give it to me then!!!!! *It finally gives me my change
Till - Thank you, now please take your goods

I'M TRYING TO PUT MY BLOODY CHANGE IN MY WALLET!!!!! GIVE ME TWO F***ING SECONDS TO DO THAT...

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

:x :x :x

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5292
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by Asphalt_World »

The organised rally's for red headed people annoy the hell out of me.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by moby »

Asphalt_World wrote:The organised rally's for red headed people annoy the hell out of me.


Well dont go to them
:lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Do they do them for baldies? I could go soon.

User avatar
huggybear
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Re: Annoyances

Post by huggybear »

Jimbox01 wrote:Garages that double as mini supermarkets.

You can't get to the pumps because people fill up and then spend ages browsing for bits and bobs.
When you do eventually get your fuel, you then have to spend ages in a queue, standing behind people with full shopping baskets, and there are never enough people on the checkouts anyway.

I go to the garage to buy petrol - I just want to buy it and leave.


My local one just allows people with fuel only to jump the queue if they don't need change. Which is pretty awesome for them.

Post Reply