Unknown Olympic Hopefuls

Anything non-motor racing related.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Jimbox01

Unknown Olympic Hopefuls

Post by Jimbox01 »

In coxless pairs the Scots, Ben Dover and Phil McAvity will be up against stiff competition from the South Koreans, Mai T Dhong and Yu Suk Wang.

Meanwhile, the Welsh 49er duo, Ivor Bigun and Justin Case are hoping to go head to head in the final race with the South Africans, Al Bino and Hugh Janus.

Ulsterman Paddy O’Doors looks promising for the men’s 2907m steeplechase, although the American newcomer, Brock Lee may well clinch the title by completing the full 3000m.

Wanda Zukyatitz, the Polish pole-vaulter, hopes to stay on form but the Russian, Ketcha Nikersov could spoil the party.

In the long jump the strongest challenger for the former German barber, Herr Kutz, may well be his own teammate, Hertz van Hayer.

The Australian 800m runner, Hugh Jorgan will be attempting to beat the record set by the famous Israeli, Yubin Van King, but if recent form is any guide, the title could go to the first time Olympian from Rumania, Zukya Boloksov.

Are there any other Olympic hopefuls that you know of?

mac_d

Re: Unknown Olympic Hopefuls

Post by mac_d »

:lol:

painless

Post by painless »

Always risking disqualification for dirty tactics Romania's female wrestler Nora Nearoff and in the boxing ring Yusma Kim from Korea could shine.
I'm sure we'll all look forward to seeing Ronnie Knoes in the paralympic 100m dribble and of course "Bubbles" in the underwater polo at the same meeting.

fatsi

Post by fatsi »

Brilliant :lol: :lol:
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2012 Championship : =9th :)
2013 Championship : 35th :(
2014 Championship : 5th :)

PF1 2014 Castrol GP Predictor
2014 Fantasy League : 1st :D

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I'll just pretend this was in the jokes thread :wink:

Jimbox01

Post by Jimbox01 »

Mo di Rator, the Italian 500m freestyle duck wrangler and part-time internet forum geek, has been sent home in disgrace after it was discovered she was behind a twitter hate campaign against a fellow competitor from the USA, Chris P Duck.

Sum Yung Ho from China has been promoted to the finals.

Herr Ebals, German IOC representative, confirmed the decision but refused to comment further.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Jimbox01 wrote:Mo di Rator, the Italian 500m freestyle duck wrangler and part-time internet forum geek, has been sent home in disgrace after it was discovered she was behind a twitter hate campaign against a fellow competitor from the USA, Chris P Duck.

:lol: I guess I asked for that :lol:

Nakojo

Post by Nakojo »

Jimbox01 wrote:In coxless pairs the Scots, Ben Dover and Phil McAvity will be up against stiff competition from the South Koreans, Mai T Dhong and Yu Suk Wang.

Don't discount the Irish duo Michael Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzmichael.
Could be a shot in the dark...
"Too often we take for granted what our collective dream tells us is possible or impossible, acceptable or unacceptable."
The Four Insights by Alberto Villoldo

minchy

Post by minchy »

No jesting needed, when the Bahraini pulled out of the mens 10,000m the BBC commentator said 'and look at that, Mahboob's just dropped out'
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

Blake

Post by Blake »

I submit the name Michael Phelps....

I read a post elsewhere that said we Americans are so arrogant that we think the rest of the world knows or cares who he is, when the truth is the rest of the countries only know about their own countrymen and that is all they care to know.

So, I thought Phelps name should be noted.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Nakojo

Post by Nakojo »

Blake wrote:I submit the name Michael Phelps....

I read a post elsewhere that said we Americans are so arrogant that we think the rest of the world knows or cares who he is, when the truth is the rest of the countries only know about their own countrymen and that is all they care to know.

So, I thought Phelps name should be noted.

As he's done, you're a bit late...
"Too often we take for granted what our collective dream tells us is possible or impossible, acceptable or unacceptable."
The Four Insights by Alberto Villoldo

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

I don't know which sport he's competing in but there is the Serbian former brothel owner, Sloberdon Minobyerbitch

Jimbox01

Post by Jimbox01 »

minchy wrote:No jesting needed, when the Bahraini pulled out of the mens 10,000m the BBC commentator said 'and look at that, Mahboob's just dropped out'

That made me chortle.

I also liked it last night when Gary whatsit said "the Ogogo's go later...". Now of course the headline should read "Ogogo's go for gold!"

SnakeSVT2003

Post by SnakeSVT2003 »

No mention of Smee, the peg-legged footballer with the wicked swerve?
"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."
Jean-Pierre Sarti

specdecible

Post by specdecible »

It was amazing how the Russian team dominated the high jump, Iva Upanova breaking the world record was a real highlight.
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

Argentum

Post by Argentum »

In British weightlifting, Jack Oliver wasn't too clever with his Clean and Jerk. OTOH, Zoe Smith has a nice Snatch.