The Question that will Split the Forum

Anything non-motor racing related.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules

Cats or Dogs?

Cats
22
41%
Dogs
25
46%
Both
7
13%
 
Total votes: 54

Khazrak134
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 am
Location: Canada

The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Khazrak134 »

Cats or Dogs?
Last edited by Khazrak134 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MrMuttley
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by MrMuttley »

That's easy. Cats. Dog are fine but cats are definitely the superior animal. I find the dogs loyalty to a fault more off putting than cats rather mercenary approach to things.

User avatar
MrMuttley
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by MrMuttley »

MrMuttley wrote:That's easy. Cats. Dog are fine but cats are definitely the superior animal. I find the dogs loyalty to a fault more off putting than cats rather mercenary approach to things.


Image

User avatar
sinstorm
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:39 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by sinstorm »

Cats!
Cats were once hailed as Gods and as such expect the same courtesy today. Dogs are eaten.
"Go forth a conqueror and win great victories"
-Virgil.

User avatar
Covalent
Posts: 10218
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Covalent »

As I read this thread, one of our cats brought a rodent to my feet and started chewing on its head. I voted dogs.

fatsi
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by fatsi »

Dogs :nod:

sinstorm wrote:Cats!
Cats were once hailed as Gods and as such expect the same courtesy today. Dogs are eaten.


No chance, not from me anyway!
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2012 Championship : =9th :)
2013 Championship : 35th :(
2014 Championship : 5th :)

PF1 2014 Castrol GP Predictor
2014 Fantasy League : 1st :D

Adaemus
Posts: 1010
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Adaemus »

You own a dog, cats own you.

Cats. :lol:
Image

mac_d
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by mac_d »

Neither

Mr-E
Posts: 2567
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Mr-E »

Dogs for sure!

Image
Image

User avatar
Leesa
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:58 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Leesa »

Caaaaaaatssss
"Jesus had a Honda. John 12:49: For I did not speak of my own Accord."

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Banana Man »

Try leaving a cat, a dog and a girlfriend lockled in your car for an afternoon. When you get back to the car, only one of them will be pleased to see you.

I voted dogs. Cats are w**kers.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Megamoss
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Megamoss »

Banana Man wrote:Try leaving a cat, a dog and a girlfriend lockled in your car for an afternoon. When you get back to the car, only one of them will be pleased to see you.


You must have a very forgiving girlfriend, especially as you've just killed both your pets... ;)

SDLRob
Posts: 2098
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by SDLRob »

was attacked by a dog when i was younger, so they're out of the equation.... and cats just never interested me at all
[Space for rent]

User avatar
lunatic
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:41 pm
Location: Worthing England.

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by lunatic »

Can't vote, i have 3 cats (floyd mandu lammy) but if i had the space i'd have a dog too, i kinda of grew up with both.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
2fast
Posts: 634
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:46 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by 2fast »

dog!
too fast to slow down

Angel De La Muerte
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Angel De La Muerte »

Rescue DOGS, Police DOGS, Search DOGS, Guide DOGS... need I say anymore?

User avatar
MrMuttley
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by MrMuttley »

Angel De La Muerte wrote:Rescue DOGS, Police DOGS, Search DOGS, Guide DOGS... need I say anymore?


Cats are too intelligent for that. Did you ever see 6 cats towing a sled in 3 feet of snow? Nope didnt think so. :lol: :lol:

j man
Posts: 3575
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by j man »

Neither. In the words of Winston Churchill:

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals"

And I'm not one to disagree with Sir Winston

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Banana Man »

Whatever your persuasion, you will laugh your tits off at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNmLuNdiL8
I remember when this website was all fields.

NeverCryWolf

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by NeverCryWolf »

No question about it - Dogs!!!!

No offence to cat-owners and cat-lovers but the ones I know can be a pain sometimes. Try looking through 150 photos of the precious and one and only cat while the owner is looking at you and expecting you to comment on the photos...

After a while you run out of things to say, it's the same freaking cat in every photo and I'm expected to comment on how fabulous the cat looks :uhoh:

Nowadays I quickly leave the table when a cat-owner digs up their photos from their bag, can't take it anymore :lol:

j man
Posts: 3575
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:48 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by j man »

Banana Man wrote:Whatever your persuasion, you will laugh your tits off at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUNmLuNdiL8


:lol:

I've changed my mind! Cats are awesome!

User avatar
Alienturnedhuman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

NeverCryWolf wrote:No question about it - Dogs!!!!

No offence to cat-owners and cat-lovers but the ones I know can be a pain sometimes. Try looking through 150 photos of the precious and one and only cat while the owner is looking at you and expecting you to comment on the photos...

After a while you run out of things to say, it's the same freaking cat in every photo and I'm expected to comment on how fabulous the cat looks :uhoh:

Nowadays I quickly leave the table when a cat-owner digs up their photos from their bag, can't take it anymore :lol:

Surely that is the owners being the pain, not the cats? There is no doubt, there are plenty of very strange, very eccentric, very irritating cat owners out there.

User avatar
Blake
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Blake »

Covalent wrote:As I read this thread, one of our cats brought a rodent to my feet and started chewing on its head. I voted dogs.

:lol:
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

User avatar
Blake
Posts: 6820
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Blake »

I love both dogs and cats... but I share my home with a cat... or should I say my cat shares my home with me.

While I have had both, now that I am single again, I just have a cat as I can leave on a trip (I love to travel) and can leave the cat at home, whereas I would be paying $30+/day to put a dog in the kennel while I am gone. Besides, the cat can use the litter box! Better than doggie messes on the floor or taking the dog out for a walk at 1am.
8)
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

User avatar
specdecible
Posts: 2904
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:06 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by specdecible »

BIRDS!
Image
They are so much more awesome in every way.
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

User avatar
MrMuttley
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:12 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by MrMuttley »

Whatever your preference, given that this is a motorsport forum. the remember this. On a hard surface suck as polished woods floors etc. Dogs understeer and cats oversteer.

NeverCryWolf

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by NeverCryWolf »

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
NeverCryWolf wrote:No question about it - Dogs!!!!

No offence to cat-owners and cat-lovers but the ones I know can be a pain sometimes. Try looking through 150 photos of the precious and one and only cat while the owner is looking at you and expecting you to comment on the photos...

After a while you run out of things to say, it's the same freaking cat in every photo and I'm expected to comment on how fabulous the cat looks :uhoh:

Nowadays I quickly leave the table when a cat-owner digs up their photos from their bag, can't take it anymore :lol:

Surely that is the owners being the pain, not the cats? There is no doubt, there are plenty of very strange, very eccentric, very irritating cat owners out there.


Well, cats too :blush:

We have the same dilemma, my twinsister and I, some weird horror for cats. We both freeze when a cat comes in the room, if the cat jumps in the lap then it gets even more worse since people don't take the fear seriously when hearing 'take it away, take it away' - they say 'it's only a cat'. Only a cat :uhoh:

We are those kind of people who never visit anyone who has a cat. Once I was forced to spend the night in a house with a cat and begged my friend to close the door to the bedroom. She said that she has to hear when her father wakes her up in the morning and besides... the cat has never set foot upstairs in her bedroom.

Trusting her I fell asleep. And woke up in the middle of the night to see that the cat was on my chest staring at me one centimeter away from the face!

Her family just laughed when the cat climbed up the back of the sofa where I sat on - using claws. 'A cat can't stand another cat' ha ha ha :uhoh:

Only logical explanation for our fear is when a girl showed up at school with her face in bandage. They said that she had been attacked by a cat. It has to be that specific thing that put horror in us.

People see cats differently. I see them as unpredictable and ambushing animals who can anytime decide to attack you. Sure, they smell the fear, but huge and aggressive dogs are something completely different, those are easy to calm down and I have never feared a dog for showing teeth and growling.

Anyway, from my experiences even the cat-owners are sometimes afraid of their cat. Often the cat dominates their owner's life in some way. Like if a cat wakes you up every night then you get up and play with it, stories like these. Not everybody of course.

This tells it all: A woman went to the butcher to buy herrings and the finest beef they had. The butcher said: ah, you have a cat! The woman replied: yes I have, the herrings are for me and the beef is for the cat :lol:

Anyone else here afraid of cats by the way?

NeverCryWolf

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by NeverCryWolf »

Blake wrote:I love both dogs and cats... but I share my home with a cat... or should I say my cat shares my home with me.

While I have had both, now that I am single again, I just have a cat as I can leave on a trip (I love to travel) and can leave the cat at home, whereas I would be paying $30+/day to put a dog in the kennel while I am gone. Besides, the cat can use the litter box! Better than doggie messes on the floor or taking the dog out for a walk at 1am.
8)


My point exactly :lol:

Fiki
Posts: 8139
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:06 am
Location: Belgium

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Fiki »

Oi! Banana Man! I want my tits back! :twisted:

Edit: Apparently I never had them in the first place, so you're off the hook. But don't let it happen again, your hear! :lol:
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

User avatar
Sarhan
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: Kashyyyk

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Sarhan »

No "both" option. I'm outta here :-|

User avatar
ManicOversteer
Posts: 284
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:46 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by ManicOversteer »

NeverCryWolf wrote:Well, cats too :blush:

We have the same dilemma, my twinsister and I, some weird horror for cats. We both freeze when a cat comes in the room, if the cat jumps in the lap then it gets even more worse since people don't take the fear seriously when hearing 'take it away, take it away' - they say 'it's only a cat'. Only a cat :uhoh:

We are those kind of people who never visit anyone who has a cat. Once I was forced to spend the night in a house with a cat and begged my friend to close the door to the bedroom. She said that she has to hear when her father wakes her up in the morning and besides... the cat has never set foot upstairs in her bedroom.

Trusting her I fell asleep. And woke up in the middle of the night to see that the cat was on my chest staring at me one centimeter away from the face!

Her family just laughed when the cat climbed up the back of the sofa where I sat on - using claws. 'A cat can't stand another cat' ha ha ha :uhoh:

Only logical explanation for our fear is when a girl showed up at school with her face in bandage. They said that she had been attacked by a cat. It has to be that specific thing that put horror in us.

People see cats differently. I see them as unpredictable and ambushing animals who can anytime decide to attack you. Sure, they smell the fear, but huge and aggressive dogs are something completely different, those are easy to calm down and I have never feared a dog for showing teeth and growling.

Anyway, from my experiences even the cat-owners are sometimes afraid of their cat. Often the cat dominates their owner's life in some way. Like if a cat wakes you up every night then you get up and play with it, stories like these. Not everybody of course.

This tells it all: A woman went to the butcher to buy herrings and the finest beef they had. The butcher said: ah, you have a cat! The woman replied: yes I have, the herrings are for me and the beef is for the cat :lol:

Anyone else here afraid of cats by the way?


No but I do have the same fear of dogs! Cats all the way for me.
Vettel Perez Ricciardo Sainz Leclerc

PF1s Pick 10 Competition
Wins: 2 (Malaysia and Singapore 2012)
2011 Rubens Barrichello Trophy Winner (17th)
2012 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)
2013 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)

Tosh
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Tosh »

''Hello. Who are you''?

''Why, I'm treat Galore''.

''Of course you are''.

a great one-liner. But from which film??

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Banana Man »

Goldfinger.

I think they said it in Debbie Does Stockport as well.
I remember when this website was all fields.

User avatar
minchy
Posts: 5307
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by minchy »

Dogs all the wsy for me. This picture says it all

Image

Dogs are cute, stupid and lovable - cats are the spawn of Satan and pure evil!

(must admit, I know a few cats who are ok :blush: )
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Asphalt_World »

Dogs by an infinite distance!

It does annoy me that if one of my dogs simply walks across the front garden of someone else's garden (not something that I actually allow to happen but I am using it as an example) the hose owner has a right to call the police and state that the dog was out of control.

However if a cat comes in to my garden and spends a delightful couple of hours killing birds that I have been feeding in my garden then thats just the way it is. They can also come in to my garden and cr@p all over the place without any problem it would seem. Imagine if I let my dog go to the toilet in someone else's back garden!!!!!

As I own a whippet, a whippet x bedlington plus a German Shepherd x Lab I can safely say that cats are no longer a problem in my garden. This is a good thing as I keep chickens and ducks and the dogs do a great job protecting them especially when we have chicks running round the garden.

Image
Image
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Banana Man »

Asphalt, I agree. Another story that really bugs me is this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ython.html

Essentially a cat went into someone elses garden and was eaten by a python. The cats owners are saying how horrible it is and complaining about how the python needs to be properly housed, but what if the boot was on the other foot? If someone's guinea pig escaped into THEIR garden and the cat ate it, should they then be forced to keep their cat locked up inside?

It's bad enough that cats have humans as slaves, now apparently they own everyone elses garden. :nod:
I remember when this website was all fields.

User avatar
Alienturnedhuman
Posts: 4106
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:39 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Wow, look at all the dog fanboys dishing out their unjustified, subjective cat hate. I never thought I would see behaviour like this on an F1 forum.

User avatar
dizlexik
Posts: 7796
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by dizlexik »

Cats are better!
eeee

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by Asphalt_World »

Alienturnedhuman wrote:Wow, look at all the dog fanboys dishing out their unjustified, subjective cat hate. I never thought I would see behaviour like this on an F1 forum.


;) Very funny.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

User avatar
scouseknight
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:25 pm

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Post by scouseknight »

There is a lot of dislike of animals based on their owner's actions.

Therein lies the root of the problem for dislike of both animals.

Cat owners have (much) less control over what the animal does but this is a known risk when owning a cat - at the end of the day it's a territorial carnivore - neutering them curbs the wandering somewhat but you're never going to curb hunting and fighting - late-night screeching matches anyone!

A cat in a built-up area with dangerous places to investigate and traffic is a not a good idea.

Dogs that are allowed to defecate and are not looked after properly are equally as problematic - it's the owners that take full responsibility for this - a dog needs a lot more care and attention - and this is a known risk when owning one. I'll never understand owning a dog like a pit bull terrier to "look hard" which seems to be a common thing around where I live - the dog has no chance with an owner like that.

Don't hate the animal because of the owners is the moral here.
Forza Ferrari

Post Reply