It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 4:50 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Posts: 878
Zero wrote:
Arsenal nearly pulled it off. Can't believe Van persie missed basically an open goal in the 2nd half. Still overall very well played Arsenal, especially since no one gave them half a chance..

Theo Walcott is useless 95% of the time!


Think you were out by about 5%

Really good first half, really boring second half. Was really willing Arsenal to get that fourth goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
Argentum wrote:
Zero wrote:
Arsenal nearly pulled it off. Can't believe Van persie missed basically an open goal in the 2nd half. Still overall very well played Arsenal, especially since no one gave them half a chance..

Theo Walcott is useless 95% of the time!


Think you were out by about 5%

Really good first half, really boring second half. Was really willing Arsenal to get that fourth goal.

:lol: :lol:
I was trying to be nice.. But to be fair to him he does have moments where he looks like he can play..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 am
Posts: 1308
Zero wrote:
Argentum wrote:
Zero wrote:
Arsenal nearly pulled it off. Can't believe Van persie missed basically an open goal in the 2nd half. Still overall very well played Arsenal, especially since no one gave them half a chance..

Theo Walcott is useless 95% of the time!


Think you were out by about 5%

Really good first half, really boring second half. Was really willing Arsenal to get that fourth goal.

:lol: :lol:
I was trying to be nice.. But to be fair to him he does have moments where he looks like he can play..

i think Theo Walcott is amazing,i just think he needs to be moved to the centre but that won't happen and rightfully so too....good game today,if only we scored one in Milan then we'd be winners but hey it was good while it lasted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Well played arsenals, did themselves and their fans proud last night, so unlucky, but they practically had it in the bag!! 3-0 up at half time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 656
vikz22 wrote:
Well played arsenals, did themselves and their fans proud last night, so unlucky, but they practically had it in the bag!! 3-0 up at half time


Great performance from the Gunners. Shame they couldn't repeat the 1st half goal bonanza.
Ok they're out of Champions League, but a significant turnaround in their performance in last few matches :thumbup:

_________________
RHCP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7IupYmj ... ure=relmfu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
ToughGuy wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Well played arsenals, did themselves and their fans proud last night, so unlucky, but they practically had it in the bag!! 3-0 up at half time


Great performance from the Gunners. Shame they couldn't repeat the 1st half goal bonanza.
Ok they're out of Champions League, but a significant turnaround in their performance in last few matches :thumbup:



:thumbup:


with Chelsea playing poor and spurs stumbling at the moment, 3rd place is a reasonable goal i think


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/71 ... epicfa.png

:lol: :lol:

PS - The image tags wont work for me :( It just says image where the image should be!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Zero wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/zlatanibrahimovicepicfa.png

:lol: :lol:

PS - The image tags wont work for me :( It just says image where the image should be!

Image





Image


fixed for you ;)

no idea what i did though :? loads of clicking and deleting and then a coffee break


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/zlatanibrahimovicepicfa.png

:lol: :lol:

PS - The image tags wont work for me :( It just says image where the image should be!

Image





Image


fixed for you ;)

no idea what i did though :? loads of clicking and deleting and then a coffee break

You my friend are a genius!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Zero:

Barcelona V Leverkusen tonight

3-1 lead, with away goals as well, we need to be careful though, a scoreline like yday (arsenal 3-0) will see us out!

hopefully we'll see a fantastic performance


Barcelona 8-0 :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
vikz22 wrote:
Zero:

Barcelona V Leverkusen tonight

3-1 lead, with away goals as well, we need to be careful though, a scoreline like yday (arsenal 3-0) will see us out!

hopefully we'll see a fantastic performance


Barcelona 8-0 :P

It's been a weird CL this season with good teams (Manchester United/Man City) getting eliminated fairly early.

A little worried with Puyol and Abidal both being injured. The injuries just never stop do they? Sanchez is out for 2 weeks and Villa is out for an eternity.

I'd take 8-0 though :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
Zero:

Barcelona V Leverkusen tonight

3-1 lead, with away goals as well, we need to be careful though, a scoreline like yday (arsenal 3-0) will see us out!

hopefully we'll see a fantastic performance


Barcelona 8-0 :P

It's been a weird CL this season with good teams (Manchester United/Man City) getting eliminated fairly early.

A little worried with Puyol and Abidal both being injured. The injuries just never stop do they? Sanchez is out for 2 weeks and Villa is out for an eternity.

I'd take 8-0 though :lol:



:D


i guess it will be mascherano and pique in defense (unless he brings busquet there) and maybe adriano at left back? or one of the young lads maybe

this cuenca kid looks pretty decent though, only 20 as well,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
Barca :D :)

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
dizlexik wrote:
Barca :D :)


:proud: :proud: :proud:

the boys did well!!!


Zero :: my prediction of 8-0 wasn;t too far off!!!!! :lol:

sublime, nuff said,

there is a religion thread up and running on the off topic, i think i might join the church of Lionel Messi!!

Tello, 2 goals in 10 minutes, scored within a minute of coming on, almost scored a hat trick, but for a great save by the keeper!!!!

Barcelona played well, glad to be through to the next round!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:27 pm
Posts: 90
Anybody watch that game? 7-1, ouch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 pm
Posts: 269
Location: In my kingdom cold
Who cares about Barca? :-P
Apoel(ara) is in the quarter-finals!!!!!!! 8O :D :proud: :proud: :nod:

Image

I still can't believe it :o

_________________
Image
“What does that expression mean, ‘friends with benefits’?
Does he provide her with health insurance?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Posts: 179
Apoel, my god. :lol:

Let's hope they don't have to play against Barca or Real next. Imagine something like Basel - Apoel for quarter finals! :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 108
vikz22 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Barca :D :)


:proud: :proud: :proud:

the boys did well!!!


Zero :: my prediction of 8-0 wasn;t too far off!!!!! :lol:

sublime, nuff said,

there is a religion thread up and running on the off topic, i think i might join the church of Lionel Messi!!

Tello, 2 goals in 10 minutes, scored within a minute of coming on, almost scored a hat trick, but for a great save by the keeper!!!!

Barcelona played well, glad to be through to the next round!



:lol: :lol: Good call! It was an absolutely mental game.. Messi is just so good, its almost unfair!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Barca :D :)


:proud: :proud: :proud:

the boys did well!!!


Zero :: my prediction of 8-0 wasn;t too far off!!!!! :lol:

sublime, nuff said,

there is a religion thread up and running on the off topic, i think i might join the church of Lionel Messi!!

Tello, 2 goals in 10 minutes, scored within a minute of coming on, almost scored a hat trick, but for a great save by the keeper!!!!

Barcelona played well, glad to be through to the next round!



:lol: :lol: Good call! It was an absolutely mental game.. Messi is just so good, its almost unfair!

Image

:proud: :proud: :proud:

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
dizlexik wrote:
Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Barca :D :)


:proud: :proud: :proud:

the boys did well!!!


Zero :: my prediction of 8-0 wasn;t too far off!!!!! :lol:

sublime, nuff said,

there is a religion thread up and running on the off topic, i think i might join the church of Lionel Messi!!

Tello, 2 goals in 10 minutes, scored within a minute of coming on, almost scored a hat trick, but for a great save by the keeper!!!!

Barcelona played well, glad to be through to the next round!



:lol: :lol: Good call! It was an absolutely mental game.. Messi is just so good, its almost unfair!

Image

:proud: :proud: :proud:



:]

there aren't enough words in the english language or superlatives to describe Messi, he just ticks all the right boxes,

Epic player
sound lad, doesn't get into trouble, on or off the field
model footballer
barcelona player ( :] )

but, without players like Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Cesc, etc, he wouldn't appear as great, the team effort yday was amazing, did the footballing world proud.

two lobs, i still don't know how he got his third goal in,

first player in champ league to get 5 goals in a game!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
well....... *Curses & naughty words* That didn't go to plan did it?

Hernandez failed to take ANY chances in the 2nd half... We let them just run all over our back four & we had their 2nd be offside & their third come from one of the stupidest Free Kick awards i have ever seen.....


on the plus side, David De Gea had a corker of a game, even with the 3 goals he conceded.... without him we'd be about 8-2 down atm

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
vikz22 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Zero wrote:
vikz22 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Barca :D :)


:proud: :proud: :proud:

the boys did well!!!


Zero :: my prediction of 8-0 wasn;t too far off!!!!! :lol:

sublime, nuff said,

there is a religion thread up and running on the off topic, i think i might join the church of Lionel Messi!!

Tello, 2 goals in 10 minutes, scored within a minute of coming on, almost scored a hat trick, but for a great save by the keeper!!!!

Barcelona played well, glad to be through to the next round!



:lol: :lol: Good call! It was an absolutely mental game.. Messi is just so good, its almost unfair!

Image

:proud: :proud: :proud:



:]

there aren't enough words in the english language or superlatives to describe Messi, he just ticks all the right boxes,

Epic player
sound lad, doesn't get into trouble, on or off the field
model footballer
barcelona player ( :] )

but, without players like Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Cesc, etc, he wouldn't appear as great, the team effort yday was amazing, did the footballing world proud.

two lobs, i still don't know how he got his third goal in,

first player in champ league to get 5 goals in a game!!!!!!


+1 :) :)

the guy is simply amazing, we really hit the jackpot when we brought him with just 12 years... well, and with Xavi and Iniesta :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 1807
Location: Sheffield, S. Yorks
UTO!! sheff wednesday 3-0 bournemouth after 10mins :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
rife_hypocricy wrote:
UTO!! sheff wednesday 3-0 bournemouth after 10mins :D



Leicester losing 1-0 to reading :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm
Posts: 622
Asa city fan all I can say is 'awww crap'.

_________________
http://rachie-d18.deviantart.com/ - Where I do drawings and such.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Posts: 2098
Image

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!

_________________
[Space for rent]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
Dr Lee wrote:
Image

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!

:lol:
I'm glad the are on top :proud:

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 pm
Posts: 2567
So off to London on wednesday to see Chelsea try to turn it around against Napoli.. It's going to be difficult, but not impossible.
UTC!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
Is Premier League in crisis? The average is 2.83 goals per match. If Chelsea don't win against Napoli it will the worst Champions League season since 1995/6. All teams have still 10 matches to play, but top 4 already lost more goals than the teams like MU, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool used usually to lose during whole seasons. What do you think?

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 8767
Location: London
dizlexik wrote:
Is Premier League in crisis? The average is 2.83 goals per match. If Chelsea don't win against Napoli it will the worst Champions League season since 1995/6. All teams have still 10 matches to play, but top 4 already lost more goals than the teams like MU, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool used usually to lose during whole seasons. What do you think?

One bad season does not a crisis make. It's just been a poor quality year for a lot of teams. Next year could be the best they've ever had. Consistency isn't something English football has ever really held dear with the odd exception.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 pm
Posts: 1836
dizlexik wrote:
Is Premier League in crisis? The average is 2.83 goals per match. If Chelsea don't win against Napoli it will the worst Champions League season since 1995/6. All teams have still 10 matches to play, but top 4 already lost more goals than the teams like MU, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool used usually to lose during whole seasons. What do you think?


It's just been sloppy from the big teams. Says a lot about the quality of the rest of the league though that Spurs' best season for about 20 years has them only just third, and Chelsea are having their worst league run for about 12 years.

Man Utd have been bedding in a new inexperienced keeper with a reputation for being a bit dodgy, as well as two inexperienced cbs, and with a midfield sorely needing a playmaker.

Chelsea haven't really recovered since Wilkins left, the players have more power than the manager, and the squad is full of egos that think they don't have to work hard because they'll just get the manager sacked if they don't like how he plays.

Arsenal are over reliant on Robin Van Persie. If he gets injured, our striking options are Marouane Chamakh (1 goal in 16 starts this season), or Ju Young Park (0 goals in 0 appearances this season). We've missed Wilshere in midfield, haven't named an unchanged defence for months (haven't named an unchanged side for over 2 years) and they are a bit ropey at times when fully fit anyway. We have half a left back, and only one right back that should be starting. A formation built around Fabregas and RVP only, which doesn't accommodate the rest of our squad very well, and a lack of a plan B is killing us. Even Barcelona play ugly when needed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 am
Posts: 1308
"there are only two types of players(teams),those who can keep their nerves in control and win championships and those who can't".

yes Man City oops mean't imposters,am talking about you..can they come back? i doubt it.
they have a tougher hill to climb compared to Man Utd.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
Dr Lee wrote:
TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!


:lol:

congrast for that! now keep it up !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 97
Location: Barcelona
Mr-E wrote:
So off to London on wednesday to see Chelsea try to turn it around against Napoli.. It's going to be difficult, but not impossible.
UTC!


+1 gl !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
Mr-E wrote:
So off to London on wednesday to see Chelsea try to turn it around against Napoli.. It's going to be difficult, but not impossible.
UTC!



your biggest test is on sunday, LCFC for the win!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 pm
Posts: 12
vikz22 wrote:
Zero wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/zlatanibrahimovicepicfa.png

:lol: :lol:

PS - The image tags wont work for me :( It just says image where the image should be!

Image





Image


fixed for you ;)

no idea what i did though :? loads of clicking and deleting and then a coffee break

Why would he have stayed when he did not fit into Barcelona's style of play? He was slow, ponderous and his technique on the ball wasn’t up to Barcelona standards. The Catalans couldn’t wait to get rid of him. He even took up Messi's space in the 3-1 defeat at Inter which saw them going out the CL. Its a case of a huge tactical miscalculation on Guardiola’s part. It’s understandable that La porta couldn’t wait to get rid of Eto’o after their fall-out but replacing him with the Zlatan was a mistake colossal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
Laura23 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Is Premier League in crisis? The average is 2.83 goals per match. If Chelsea don't win against Napoli it will the worst Champions League season since 1995/6. All teams have still 10 matches to play, but top 4 already lost more goals than the teams like MU, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool used usually to lose during whole seasons. What do you think?

One bad season does not a crisis make. It's just been a poor quality year for a lot of teams. Next year could be the best they've ever had. Consistency isn't something English football has ever really held dear with the odd exception.

Semantics. I didn't mean deep crisis, but for me this is clear regression since last season and before.

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Posts: 477
All of Messi's 50 goals this season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR_cktNr ... AAAAAAAIAA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:07 pm
Posts: 7796
nexus wrote:

Amazing 8)

_________________
eeee


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Posts: 1297
dizlexik wrote:
nexus wrote:

Amazing 8)



only 3 penalties, in 50!!!

i lost count the number of lobs, and taking it around the keeper!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group