Anyone still on here from 9 years ago?!

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Donington93

Re: Anyone still on here from 9 years ago?!

Post by Donington93 »

Taffer used to be one of the more entertaining of the Disiples...you could wind him up and he would twist himself into a pretzel, rather than admit Schumacher had ever done anything wrong or could even lose a race.

Anyone know what happened to Taffer?

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Donington93 wrote:Taffer used to be one of the more entertaining of the Disiples...you could wind him up and he would twist himself into a pretzel, rather than admit Schumacher had ever done anything wrong or could even lose a race.

Anyone know what happened to Taffer?
Permanent ban from before my time. I don't recognise the name so I'd assume at the latest it was one of Eury's earlier bans. Sadly this system doesn't register dates of bans from the old forum.

DrG

Post by DrG »

sultanofhyd wrote:
Fiki wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:Does anyone remember Sacre Bleu? :-P
I do! But I don't remember much more than his nickname and that he once got into trouble. :?
It was a she (I think) and the most hardcore Hamilton fan you'd ever come across. Anything bad that happened to him was because he was black, and it was back in 2007 with the Alonso rivalry. 8O
Yep, Sacre Bleu was a she & in her eyes, Hamilton could do no wrong, no matter what. Some of her posts did give me a good laugh though :D

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

DrG wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Fiki wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:Does anyone remember Sacre Bleu? :-P
I do! But I don't remember much more than his nickname and that he once got into trouble. :?
It was a she (I think) and the most hardcore Hamilton fan you'd ever come across. Anything bad that happened to him was because he was black, and it was back in 2007 with the Alonso rivalry. 8O
Yep, Sacre Bleu was a she & in her eyes, Hamilton could do no wrong, no matter what. Some of her posts did give me a good laugh though :D
A common mistake, Sacre was male from the information I have.

Guia

Post by Guia »

Fiki wrote:
Blake wrote:
ReservoirDog wrote:Another one I remember is a Dutch guy with a drinking problem. Calais' buddy and the biggest anti.u

I think he ended every post with I love Schumacher.
I think you are thinking of Lex...
I think you're correct!

And goodness, Oetzi!
So what became of Oetzi. Was he... frozen out?

F1Oz

Post by F1Oz »

Lex was good value - as was Calais and many others - even with the 'cough' occasional argument.

I don't go to many GP, but remember catching up with Wuzak here in Melbourne for the 2004 Oz GP (I believe) - used to correspond occasionally with Blake - but not for many years - and with a former name as I changed it.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Guia wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Blake wrote:
ReservoirDog wrote:Another one I remember is a Dutch guy with a drinking problem. Calais' buddy and the biggest anti.u

I think you're correct!

And goodness, Oetzi!
Wasn't he banned at some point? I can't help thinking that quite a few who were, must have thought it wasn't worth the bother of fighting back.

I just remembered that h_nair47 (I believe it was), was going to lend me his copy of a Schumacher biography, as I refused to spend money on it. Still do... :D
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

ReservoirDog

Post by ReservoirDog »

Blake wrote:

I think you are thinking of Lex... who despite how he ended his posts with love of Schumi... very much tongue-in-cheek, was a great guy and on of my favorite PF1 for United ever. However, the drinking problem part throws me... I don't recall that. What I do remember is a very nice and generous man, who was also a very successful businessman.
:D
Yup, Lex. Great guy. I remember the drinking problem because he once started a thread how he got severe liver damage and any drink could be his last. He got a lot of support from the forum.

Argentum

Post by Argentum »

Guia wrote:
Fiki wrote:
Blake wrote:

I think you're correct!

And goodness, Oetzi!

:)

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Yes, Guia, he was. h_nair and Lex also.

Pretty much everyone from those days were banned I think, which in some ways is a great shame. Characters like that give a forum a more individual feel. We may still have a lot of characters on here but there's definitely something missing from the old days.

Donington93

Post by Donington93 »

I've never been clear on what merits a permanent ban versus a temporary one. I guess I should read up on it sometime.

I remember the debates being much more heated back in the day-perhaps that was part of it.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I can't say how previous teams did it but for us the second strike against a member gives a temp ban, the third a permanent. Although certain circumstances will see us skip the temp ban and sometimes even the warning.

edgar jessop

Post by edgar jessop »

Did I used to be a member here? 8O

That was a mistake, wasn't it!! :-P

... It was actually! ...

Eoin Young died last Friday morning! ESY was Bruce McLaren's mate and secretary in the early 1960s who went on to write his "From The Grid" column in The Autocar for 30 years from 1966. Once upon a time his column was required weekly reading for most of the important people in motor racing and his writing was infinitely more intelligent and interesting than most modern motor sport journalism that fills up the internet's bandwidth. However, he's also the reason why I'm here now!

When I first went online in 2000, I soon Googled Eoin Young and found that he was writing for a website called Planet F1 under the editorship of a man called Chris Balfe. And I discovered that Planet F1 had a chat forum. I didn't know that every other website had one too so that when in 2002 I thought I'd join an online community, Planet-F1 forum was the only one I knew existed. Wlthin weeks I'd found others but it was too late! Never mind! Of such is life's accidents and vicissitudes!

Best wishes to Blake, Wuzak and the several other names I remember from those years ago if they remember me too. :D

And a small acknowledgement of the passing of ESY here on PF1 as well!

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

I remember Chris Balfe. It seemed he was the only person who could act as a moderator and tell you off if you did or said anything questionable - before the introduction of all the different coloured mod's ;)

Blake

Post by Blake »

EJ!!!! you old dog, good to see ya again.

I'd catch up with you on Messenger except that once again, my computer at home is down.. (over a month now of dealing with issues on it.) Tell Scatty "hi' for me will ya!
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Ok, nobody's going to top this for an old face for a LONG time. Good to see you again Edgar :)

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

Blake, did you know people called Eagle and MrNwarb?

Blake

Post by Blake »

I knew Nwarb pretty well, but Eagle is not ringing a bell, flyboy. Nwarb "corned" be on a debate big time once, and forced me to do a hell of a lot more research before typing on certain topics! I am actually very grateful, and was much more prepared in future discussions with him. Hope he is doing well, wherever he is.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Retro-Virus

Post by Retro-Virus »

I just signed in. :smug: Anyone here ?
Clark, Senna, Hamilton

JimmiCynic

Post by JimmiCynic »

Retro-Virus wrote:I just signed in. :smug: Anyone here ?
Doesn't appear to be. Sorry.

jimclark

Post by jimclark »

'Don't post much but still pass through....'member since real early 2000s

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Hi Retro-Virus!
eeee

well

Post by well »

Retro-Virus wrote:I just signed in. :smug: Anyone here ?
I think I still have your gmail :smug: and I searched for you as well as some other forumites some months back but didn't seem to find your alias. Now your back, for a good time. :smug:

Blake

Post by Blake »

Hiya, Retro. Good to see you.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

-ZeroGravityToilet-

Post by -ZeroGravityToilet- »

ohwell wrote:Interesting, about Eury! I never suspected he was a mod. Some good times on this forum. Wish a lot of good people hadn't left though. I've been lurking for a tad longer than my profile suggests. Feel old suddenly :)
I did suspect. I wondered how was it possible he was not banned while abusing almost anyone on here... Overtly. And lo and behold, it was me banned a little later. I posted under a different alias then. Tried to change my screen name a little before that so that I could resume posting without having to withstand organized abuse, but couldn't.

Good riddance. He, No-Lim and another guy whose name I don't quite remember...

Retro-Virus

Post by Retro-Virus »

Bump. Any oldies here ? Eurytus, h_nair47, melkor (Awooga), Blake, Well, Zero, FIki, Lucy_lou (Gemma southwood).
Clark, Senna, Hamilton

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Fiki is still around, haven't seen Blake for a while

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

wow, some real blasts from the past there. Might just be me bit feels like we had an older demograpic "back in the day". And I'm still unsure if we even have any female posters these days.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

I think I started here around 2003 (may have been a little later than that) and was SuffolkBen. I then had technical issues and created a new account some years later.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:07 am
wow, some real blasts from the past there. Might just be me bit feels like we had an older demograpic "back in the day". And I'm still unsure if we even have any female posters these days.
I miss Guia. And Laura was quite good and informed

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Siao7 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 am
DOLOMITE wrote:
both great contributors, Guia was unique in her style.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:48 am
Siao7 wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:
Indeed. I do miss them

Harpo

Post by Harpo »

Siao7 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am
DOLOMITE wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:
Indeed. I do miss them
I do too (and also miss Scatty Cat...). Don't know if there are any ladies left. By the style of the posts I would say no, or they are efficiently undercovered.
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Siao7 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am
DOLOMITE wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:
Indeed. I do miss them
Same here. Both Guia & Laura were great value.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

I remember Guia telling off Eury, when he had a go at her. Put him right into his place, it was beautiful.

What happened to Snake? Mcdo? Prema? So many names

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Siao7 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:08 am
I remember Guia telling off Eury, when he had a go at her. Put him right into his place, it was beautiful.

What happened to Snake? Mcdo? Prema? So many names
Guia was about the only person who got away with that. I got 4 bans in a week for standing up to him, although I'm told I contributed to getting his mod powers taken away. I still feel bad for the poor people who had to clean up after him.
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

ob1kenobi.23

Post by ob1kenobi.23 »

Euretus banned me twice, once for telling him he was perverted & obtuse but the new mod team got me sorted.
I haven't been around much due to some family health problems but hope to check in more often now that things have improved.
I miss all the previously mentioned posters.
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

Retro-Virus

Post by Retro-Virus »

Guia always had her style. Anyone remembers abulafia? He was very knowledgeable. Anyone knows where is Eury these days?

Good times for sure.
Clark, Senna, Hamilton

A.J.

Post by A.J. »

This thread is a blast from the past - the disciples vs antis discussions (Eddy Tifosi, Blake, calais, abulafia, scattykat, Captain Proton, Guia, Realmonster with his blind love for Montoya, someone named calass who impersonated calais, Snake, wuzak, Fiki, nixxon, Silverpower, netmonger) were all legendary. Been on the forum since the time of the great crash and beyond - got a new ID later on though.

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Retro-Virus wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:00 am
Anyone knows where is Eury these days?
Hopefully far away :P
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?