Massa says he is going all out attack!

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Porsan

Re: Massa says he is going all out attack!

Post by Porsan »

EverestBaseCamp wrote:
keenf1fan wrote:Massa needs to stop talking and needs to walk the talk, otherwise he wont have a drive for next year.

Massa was ahead of Alonso as recently as MONZA 2013!!

He did the walk the talk over Alonso instantly.
-Beat Alonso in Qualifying (MAN to MAN)
-Beat Alonso in the Race (Alonso needed his assist).

Monza 2013- checked by Massa. Now the ball is in Alonso's court. The only way for Massa is UP.... while Alonso needs to protect his slide. It'll be interesting and people dissing Massa may need to revise their opinion about Alonso by season end.

I can't see why the Alonso / Massa relationship is any different to Räikkönen / Grosjean.
I'm a racing driver. Always was, always will be.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Good for him.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Porsan wrote:
EverestBaseCamp wrote:
keenf1fan wrote:Massa needs to stop talking and needs to walk the talk, otherwise he wont have a drive for next year.

Massa was ahead of Alonso as recently as MONZA 2013!!

He did the walk the talk over Alonso instantly.
-Beat Alonso in Qualifying (MAN to MAN)
-Beat Alonso in the Race (Alonso needed his assist).

Monza 2013- checked by Massa. Now the ball is in Alonso's court. The only way for Massa is UP.... while Alonso needs to protect his slide. It'll be interesting and people dissing Massa may need to revise their opinion about Alonso by season end.

I can't see why the Alonso / Massa relationship is any different to Räikkönen / Grosjean.

I was wondering when someone would include Kimi in the debate :lol:

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

3 years too late Massa!
Feel The Fourth

Harpo

Post by Harpo »

It's about time...
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".

Mizanthropic

Post by Mizanthropic »

I think he's just trying to put himself into a better position for organising a drive. At the end of the day, if he starts acting out the Ferrari mechanics will start misplacing wheels, tools or his car for him :P After all it wouldn't be the first time.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
Best Result: 2nd Korea (2013)
Best Overall: 67th (2013)
Top Three Overall: 5th (2013)

phyz

Post by phyz »

A2jdl wrote:Does this mean he finish in 8th instead of 9th now in races :lol:

Cruel but true...

Lotus38

Post by Lotus38 »

As much as I like the guy that's a load of bs...

So Massa has not been giving his 'best' and 'all out' attack since the start of the season??

Ferrari have shown that they will back their leading driver sooner than later, so I find it highly unlikely that Massa has not been giving it his best since the season started. Obviously he only has himself to blame for his lack of performance in the early stages, he has been forced into playing 2nd because he did not come up with the goods to challenge for anything else. End of.
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

Eva09

Post by Eva09 »

Laura23 wrote:Hmm.

I wonder if we'll suddenly see Massa unable to get near Alonso on pace again if he's genuinely serious about this. Ferrari won't have him hampering Alonso's title shot.

I beg your pardon, title shot?

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Eva09 wrote:

I wonder if we'll suddenly see Massa unable to get near Alonso on pace again if he's genuinely serious about this. Ferrari won't have him hampering Alonso's title shot.

Mathematically Alonso can still win this title. If Vettel non scores in Singapore it'll look much more doable.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

nelore

Post by nelore »

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:All out attack for Massa means twice as many "for sures" in the interviews he gives...

For sure, you are correct..I noticed that too...lol

nelore

Post by nelore »

If Massa is planning to mount this "storming of the beaches" in the last 7 races, Montezemolo might just pull the pin from the flux capacitor, at which time the Ferrari II will not achieve the 2.2 gigawatts it need to beat Alonso.It is so obvious that Massa should have kept his mouth shut.

Eva09

Post by Eva09 »

Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:

Mathematically Alonso can still win this title. If Vettel non scores in Singapore it'll look much more doable.

Okay but personally I think Vettel wins 5 out of 7 of this years races. The cars are not going to change much, the others will probably be Merc, perhaps Alonso/Raikkonen.

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:

Okay but personally I think Vettel wins 5 out of 7 of this years races. The cars are not going to change much, the others will probably be Merc, perhaps Alonso/Raikkonen.

Yes but you don't know that he will. Anything can happen.

Formula1Fan.

Post by Formula1Fan. »

Massa shouldn't have said anything publicly. They'll just turn down his engine or something now.
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa

slide

Post by slide »

too much talk - best to keep quiet and show ya form in times

Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Formula1Fan. wrote:Massa shouldn't have said anything publicly. They'll just turn down his engine or something now.

Yeah,that'll be why he still doesn't beat Fernando .... :o
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.

Bentrovato

Post by Bentrovato »

I would like to see Massa go all out and what that looks like. Hopefully his performance increases.

DrG

Post by DrG »

Well, Massa might be going for an all out attack but according to Luca it will only be to help Alonso & Ferrari:

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/8927716/-Massa-Will-Give-Alonso-A-Hand-

:D

Andres125sx

Post by Andres125sx »

WDC standings:

1- Vettel 222
2- Alonso 169
7- Massa 79

A bit too late I´m afraid, if now he doesn´t play a team role, that could actually be counter-productive for his chances to get another F1 wheel...

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

Andres125sx wrote:WDC standings:

1- Vettel 222
2- Alonso 169
7- Massa 79

A bit too late I´m afraid, if now he doesn´t play a team role, that could actually be counter-productive for his chances to get another F1 wheel...

More than likely, but other teams aren't going to be overly impressed with the way he's allowed Ferrari to walk all over him either. It doesn't show much of a competitive spirit.

A2jdl

Post by A2jdl »

LKS1 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:WDC standings:

1- Vettel 222
2- Alonso 169
7- Massa 79

More than likely, but other teams aren't going to be overly impressed with the way he's allowed Ferrari to walk all over him either. It doesn't show much of a competitive spirit.

Teams like drivers to obey Multi12 and they like fast drivers. Massa falls into one of the categories

aryaputhra

Post by aryaputhra »

There are ways in making Massa's car less competitive if *that* happens.

Ahem :|

Andres125sx

Post by Andres125sx »

So now Ferrari need to make Massa´s car less competitive....

That must be the reason he scored less than a half the points Alonso scored since 2010... :] :lol: :lol:

I´d be really surprised if Massa gets another F1 wheel

junaidfiaz

Post by junaidfiaz »

Lotus38 wrote:As much as I like the guy that's a load of bs...

So Massa has not been giving his 'best' and 'all out' attack since the start of the season??

Ferrari have shown that they will back their leading driver sooner than later, so I find it highly unlikely that Massa has not been giving it his best since the season started. Obviously he only has himself to blame for his lack of performance in the early stages, he has been forced into playing 2nd because he did not come up with the goods to challenge for anything else. End of.

Motivation lacked since "Alonso is faster then you" incident .Since then he's struggling .Sometimes changes bring fortunes .If he goes to lotus ,No doubt he will match top dogs .Ferrari was the worst treating him like No.2 .I expect him to give alonso tough time in Singapore .
Schumacher Is Best

TheThirdTenor

Post by TheThirdTenor »

junaidfiaz wrote:

Motivation lacked since "Alonso is faster then you" incident .Since then he's struggling .Sometimes changes bring fortunes .If he goes to lotus ,No doubt he will match top dogs .Ferrari was the worst treating him like No.2 .I expect him to give alonso tough time in Singapore .

Keep on dreaming !

junaidfiaz

Post by junaidfiaz »

TheThirdTenor wrote:
junaidfiaz wrote:

Keep on dreaming !

Yup . time will tell .see you on sunday
Schumacher Is Best

TheThirdTenor

Post by TheThirdTenor »

Alonso has never been beaten at Singapore.

Robot

Post by Robot »

This is Massa, with this actitude, I wonder if he will really do any better, or maybe worse. Monaco was quite memorable.

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

TheThirdTenor wrote:Alonso has never been beaten at Singapore.

Erm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Singapore_Grand_Prix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Singapore_Grand_Prix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Singapore_Grand_Prix

Not forgetting 2008 when Alonso only won because his team fixed for his team mate to deliberately crash on a certain lap at a certain corner thereby giving Alonso the win on a plate thanks to the SC. He would have won that one either without his team cheating.

So he's been beaten in three of the five Singapore Grand Prix fair and square, won one of the others fair and square and won the other one thanks to some of the worst cheating the sport has ever seen.

Lotus38

Post by Lotus38 »

Laura23 wrote:

Erm...

Not forgetting 2008 when Alonso only won because his team fixed for his team mate to deliberately crash on a certain lap at a certain corner thereby giving Alonso the win on a plate thanks to the SC. He would have won that one either without his team cheating.

So he's been beaten in three of the five Singapore Grand Prix fair and square, won one of the others fair and square and won the other one thanks to some of the worst cheating the sport has ever seen.

I suppose TTT means beaten by Massa or by his team-mate for that matter. Not even in qualy... ?
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

TheThirdTenor

Post by TheThirdTenor »

Lotus38 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Erm...

I suppose TTT means beaten by Massa or by his team-mate for that matter. Not even in qualy... ?

:thumbup: that is what I meant.

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Lotus38 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Erm...

Needed to be more specific then.

Given his team mates at Singapore have been Piquet Jr in the 2008 cheatathon, a rookie Grosjean in 2009 and Massa since 2010 it still isn't much to shout home about.

Guia

Post by Guia »

Another Massa story that promises more than it - or he - can deliver.

johnp

Post by johnp »

Massa says he is going all out attack! so what exactly has he been doing this year? going for a Sunday drive

johnp

Post by johnp »

Massa says he is going all out attack! so what exactly has he been doing this year? going for a Sunday drive

Lotus38

Post by Lotus38 »

Laura23 wrote:
Lotus38 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Erm...

Needed to be more specific then.

Given his team mates at Singapore have been Piquet Jr in the 2008 cheatathon, a rookie Grosjean in 2009 and Massa since 2010 it still isn't much to shout home about.

Of course it isn't, but that's not the issue. This has come about because some post mentioned Massa was going to give FA a hard time at Singapore, to which TTT simply highlights that Massa has been nowhere near Alonso the last three years, so it's unlikely to happen now.
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

Guia

Post by Guia »

johnp wrote:Massa says he is going all out attack! so what exactly has he been doing this year? going for a Sunday drive

Well quite.

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Guia wrote:
johnp wrote:Massa says he is going all out attack! so what exactly has he been doing this year? going for a Sunday drive

Well quite.

And I ordered crash protectors for my bike the day after I binned it (not sure why I'm reminded of this :twisted: )

junaidfiaz

Post by junaidfiaz »

FA starts to cry and bash his own team when unable to beat SV.He's not going to win a single champ .will remain 2 time champ till end of his carrier .
Schumacher Is Best