Massa says he is going all out attack!

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
f1diablo

Massa says he is going all out attack!

Post by f1diablo »

If he beats Alonso for his last races for ferrari this is going to be so funny :lol:

http://www.rtl.de/cms/sport/formel-1/ne ... 31450.html

(google translate)

Fiki

Re: Massa says he is going all out attack!

Post by Fiki »

Interesting news.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

slide

Post by slide »

wasn't he trying before then? too late unfortunatly

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Hmm.

I wonder if we'll suddenly see Massa unable to get near Alonso on pace again if he's genuinely serious about this. Ferrari won't have him hampering Alonso's title shot.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Pedrosa_4_Ever

Post by Pedrosa_4_Ever »

All out attack for Massa means twice as many "for sures" in the interviews he gives...
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

z06mike

Post by z06mike »

LOL, he must forget that he has to be close to the front to have any chance of winning! I really wish Massa had this attitude a long time ago. He could've actually taken points off of rivals and ACTUALLY REALLY HELPED Alonso in his bid for titles.

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

slide wrote:wasn't he trying before then? too late unfortunatly

I think its fair to say he often gets hampered in races for the betterment of Alonso
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Porsan

Post by Porsan »

When he signed a new contract for 2013, he perfectly knew how things were and what he could expect. He chose to sign and to enjoy everything with goes with being a Ferrari driver, including a hefty salary. Now it's too late for complaining.
I'm a racing driver. Always was, always will be.

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Porsan wrote:When he signed a new contract for 2013, he perfectly knew how things were and what he could expect. He chose to sign and to enjoy everything with goes with being a Ferrari driver, including a hefty salary. Now it's too late for complaining.

Without being able to read the article i have seen little complaining from him, that tends to be Alonso's forte
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan »

So he wasn't going all out before to try and save his job and maybe career?
Winter is Coming

keenf1fan

Post by keenf1fan »

Massa needs to stop talking and needs to walk the talk, otherwise he wont have a drive for next year.

Porsan

Post by Porsan »

pokerman wrote:
Porsan wrote:When he signed a new contract for 2013, he perfectly knew how things were and what he could expect. He chose to sign and to enjoy everything with goes with being a Ferrari driver, including a hefty salary. Now it's too late for complaining.

Without being able to read the article i have seen little complaining from him, that tends to be Alonso's forte

Complaining, changing of opinion, changing of attitude or whatever expression you prefer. The thing is that, if he didn't like how things were done at Ferrari, he shouldn't have signed a new contract one year ago. It's not that his #2 role has come as a surprise...
I'm a racing driver. Always was, always will be.

Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Maybe if he'd thought of doing this sooner he wouldn't be in this situation.
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.

keenf1fan

Post by keenf1fan »

I dont know if he genuinly believed at the start of every year if he had a chance. And finds the chance quickly disappears into the first few races

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

pokerman wrote:

I have read the article, and I didn't see any complaining.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

RacingFan1

Post by RacingFan1 »

LOL yeah right Felipe. You weren't trying for those 3 and a half years, you just were backing off to make alonso look good and you will start trying right now...

I can see this as a smart move for him to try to get a decent seat when he leaves though.

A2jdl

Post by A2jdl »

Does this mean he finish in 8th instead of 9th now in races :lol:

Kimi_Raikkonen

Post by Kimi_Raikkonen »

Well i for once wish him all the best as it will only be an added advantage to Fred as he would take points off rivals and in fact increases his chances for a competitive seat

Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand.

Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Kimi_Raikkonen wrote:Well i for once wish him all the best as it will only be an added advantage to Fred as he would take points off rivals and in fact increases his chances for a competitive seat

If Alonso's rivals are both Force Indias and a Torro Rosso, then yes he will.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Kimi_Raikkonen wrote:Well i for once wish him all the best as it will only be an added advantage to Fred as he would take points off rivals and in fact increases his chances for a competitive seat

Alonso can't even take points off Vettel himself at the moment, never mind Massa.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

RacingFan1

Post by RacingFan1 »

Laura23 wrote:

Alonso can't even take points off Vettel himself at the moment, never mind Massa.

If only the Barcelona tyres had been kept...

mds

Post by mds »

RacingFan1 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

then maybe he would have suffered a tyre blowout just like Massa did, crashed heavily, got injured and be out for the rest of the season?

If, if, if, ...
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

F1creep

Post by F1creep »

RacingFan1 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Couldn't have made much of a difference. Maybe Vettel's lead would be a bit smaller. But ultimately the Red Bull is such a good car at its core that it never has to sustain a disadvantage for long. From the middle of '09 its generally been the best car. That's 4 years now. It has had some minor setbacks with some rule changes, clarifications and new tires. But eventually it ends up spending the majority of the season as the best car. And of course Vettel is Alonso's match.

There's not much Massa can do about Vettel. He is really the only "rival" of Alonso, or the other way around. But my point is that taking points off the rest won't really help Alonso. Kimi and Hamilton are out of it.

Seanie

Post by Seanie »

That's been his job for 5 years, he's failed, why would be suddenly find some speed?
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.

f1diablo

Post by f1diablo »

F1creep wrote:
RacingFan1 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Couldn't have made much of a difference. Maybe Vettel's lead would be a bit smaller. But ultimately the Red Bull is such a good car at its core that it never has to sustain a disadvantage for long. From the middle of '09 its generally been the best car. That's 4 years now. It has had some minor setbacks with some rule changes, clarifications and new tires. But eventually it ends up spending the majority of the season as the best car. And of course Vettel is Alonso's match.

There's not much Massa can do about Vettel. He is really the only "rival" of Alonso, or the other way around. But my point is that taking points off the rest won't really help Alonso. Kimi and Hamilton are out of it.

I think he meant taking points of hamilton and kimi that way alonso cements 2nd place wdc

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Massa will never get a new contract anywhere if he does not keep his contract obligations - or even if he does not help his teammate. He certainly won't be first driver to work against a team that couldn't find any job further afterwards. I think Montezemolo will have a word with him and things will be just like before.
The end is near

Mr.Wojo

Post by Mr.Wojo »

Whooowwwwww Massa is going to "attack" .. too little to late no?

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

massa says himself what Alonso fans have been trying to deny.

so massa is NoT a #2 ... right?

kappa

Post by kappa »

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:All out attack for Massa means twice as many "for sures" in the interviews he gives...

And a quite a few more "fantastics" :twisted:

Blake

Post by Blake »

Laura23 wrote:Hmm.

I wonder if we'll suddenly see Massa unable to get near Alonso on pace again if he's genuinely serious about this. Ferrari won't have him hampering Alonso's title shot.

Laura, send back the "Old" Laura....

As for Massa being unable to get near Alonso on pace, he hasn't been for a couple of years now, so why does it mean that Ferrari his going to keep him from it? What if Alonso is just that much better than today's Massa?
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Blake

Post by Blake »

Laura, send back the "Old" Laura....

As for Massa being unable to get near Alonso on pace, he hasn't been for a couple of years now, so why does it mean that Ferrari his going to keep him from it? What if Alonso is just that much better than today's Massa?
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Lt. Drebin wrote:Massa will never get a new contract anywhere if he does not keep his contract obligations - or even if he does not help his teammate. He certainly won't be first driver to work against a team that couldn't find any job further afterwards. I think Montezemolo will have a word with him and things will be just like before.
The interesting seats have been taken, and Felipe knows it. Ferrari have left their decision very late indeed. So I think he is primarily going to enjoy himself from now on. And who knows whether that might help him find a seat in another series.

James14

Post by James14 »

Massa is trying to infer that he has been under performing playing the 'submissive' No.2 role.
You can't blame the lad for trying to spin it that way when he is trying to land a decent seat. But of course it is rubbish. If he was able even to stay in touch with Alonso he'd be signing a new deal with Ferrari. If he was able to match or out perform Alonso he would not be asked to play the No.2 role.

I like Massa but Ferrari have shown more than enough loyalty since his career changing accident. I hope he gets a decent seat and a change of scenery gives him a renewed vigour.

RacingFan1

Post by RacingFan1 »

F1yer wrote:massa says himself what Alonso fans have been trying to deny.

so massa is NoT a #2 ... right?

One thing is being a #2, another is being so far off the pace like Massa has been in the 90% of the cases. And now he won't be able to stop being off the pace obviously

EverestBaseCamp

Post by EverestBaseCamp »

keenf1fan wrote:Massa needs to stop talking and needs to walk the talk, otherwise he wont have a drive for next year.

Massa was ahead of Alonso as recently as MONZA 2013!!

He did the walk the talk over Alonso instantly.
-Beat Alonso in Qualifying (MAN to MAN)
-Beat Alonso in the Race (Alonso needed his assist).

Monza 2013- checked by Massa. Now the ball is in Alonso's court. The only way for Massa is UP.... while Alonso needs to protect his slide. It'll be interesting and people dissing Massa may need to revise their opinion about Alonso by season end.

Andres125sx

Post by Andres125sx »

Suddenly???

Where have you been last 4 years?

Now Alonso does need Ferrari to slow down Massa to avoid the brazilian beating him, that´s your funniest reply ever Laura :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andres125sx

Post by Andres125sx »

EverestBaseCamp wrote:
keenf1fan wrote:Massa needs to stop talking and needs to walk the talk, otherwise he wont have a drive for next year.

Monza 2013- checked by Massa. Now the ball is in Alonso's court. The only way for Massa is UP.... while Alonso needs to protect his slide. It'll be interesting and people dissing Massa may need to revise their opinion about Alonso by season end.

Sure, that´s the reason when Alonso passed he lost a lot of space with him in just 2-3 laps instead of keeping close to him, right? :]

It´s so funny watching people defending Massa as if they were their biggest fans, just to try bashing Alonso :lol: :lol:

EverestBaseCamp

Post by EverestBaseCamp »

Andres125sx wrote:
EverestBaseCamp wrote:

Sure, that´s the reason when Alonso passed he lost a lot of space with him in just 2-3 laps instead of keeping close to him, right? :]

It´s so funny watching people defending Massa as if they were their biggest fans, just to try bashing Alonso :lol: :lol:

Massa had Alonso's number on Saturday & Sunday Monza.

It maybe just another 1 off for Massa... but second half of 2012 proves that Massa can continue this onslaught on Alonso for the remainder of this year.

Massa has nothing to lose, so putting up a lot of lol's doesn't help Alonso to up his game now. Alonso & Massa insulters need to be careful and wait & watch the next 7 races & how it unfolds. The only path after all this overhype is a downward spiral if Alonso slacks even a little bit.

klauss

Post by klauss »

EverestBaseCamp wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
EverestBaseCamp wrote:

Massa had Alonso's number on Saturday & Sunday Monza.

It maybe just another 1 off for Massa... but second half of 2012 proves that Massa can continue this onslaught on Alonso for the remainder of this year.

Massa has nothing to lose, so putting up a lot of lol's doesn't help Alonso to up his game now. Alonso & Massa insulters need to be careful and wait & watch the next 7 races & how it unfolds. The only path after all this overhype is a downward spiral if Alonso slacks even a little bit.

unfortunately I don't think Ferrari are going to allow it. and they have the means not to.
remember Germany '10, few ppl know that massa was actually pulling away from alonso when the whole thing was concocted.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the powerful as useful

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

I have no worries that Massa is going to suddenly start beating Alonso - I think Alonso's clearly the better driver.

But he may be slightly less cooperative in compromising his race to help Alonso. Don't forget people have been pointing to the stats to say he hasn't even had a win in the last few years, but if he hadn't had the "Alonso is faster than you" situation then he would have had Germany 2010 at least. I'd be surprised if he doesn't resent that at all.

I'm sure he'll want to show potential teams that he does have what it takes, so will be less focused on being a rear gunner and more on showing what he can do. He was very amenable in Italy, for example, but I expect in the future he will either try harder to stay ahead or at the very least make it completely obvious he's helping by diving dramatically out of the way. I hope the former. It would be good to see him with a bit of fire in his belly