The Official Sir Lewis Hamilton thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
fieldstvl
Posts: 1371
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 am

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by fieldstvl »

Bottas is the gift that keeps on giving.

User avatar
Blinky McSquinty
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.

User avatar
mcdo
Posts: 10289
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by mcdo »

Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
Rosberg
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Asphalt_World »

mcdo wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
Rosberg
I pick Johnny Herbert. He's currently doing the rounds of annoying current F1 drivers!
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

User avatar
Covalent
Posts: 10202
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Covalent »

mcdo wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
Rosberg
:lol: :thumbup:

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Asphalt_World »

OK mister. Are you related to Rosberg or Bottas?

No comment. Now put um up!

Image
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

User avatar
Flash2k11
Posts: 2940
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Flash2k11 »

Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
You've been back less than 2 weeks and you're already on this shtick..... take it back to Autosport, far more people who are taken with this sort of nonsense over there.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

Asphalt_World wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ob1kenobi.23 wrote:Lewis to take a 5 place grid penalty due to a gear box change at the Chinese GP.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-motor- ... KKCN0XB01R
I wonder if it got damaged when Bottas hit him?
Sorry to spoil you Christmas....

Mercedes also revealed that the damage to the gearbox was not the result of his accident with Valtteri Bottas at Turn 1.
I find that to be actually better otherwise it would have been a double insult sort to speak.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
Rosberg
:lol: :thumbup:
Is there no safe haven for us Hamiltonites? :( ;)
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

lamo

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by lamo »

It's turning into 2014 again, which would be more interesting than 2015. Rosberg has one hand of his sixth straight win, incredible.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Asphalt_World »

Flash2k11 wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:So if the gear box was damaged during the Bahrain race, and Bottas was not the reason, then who else can we blame for this terrible injustice?
You've been back less than 2 weeks and you're already on this shtick..... take it back to Autosport, far more people who are taken with this sort of nonsense over there.
Sorry, but are you being serious?

EDIT: Because I've just read your reply to him in the Alonso Herbert thread. You're not joking!
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

aice
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by aice »

lamo wrote:It's turning into 2014 again, which would be more interesting than 2015. Rosberg has one hand of his sixth straight win, incredible.
Well if Rosberg achieves this, that's one stat he will have over Hamilton. Hamilton's best is 5---albeit in a single season. I love Hamilton's response to this : "I couldn’t care less if Nico won the last five – it’s the last two.There’s only been two in the season. It doesn’t count.” :lol: :lol:
You just need to be accepted for who you are and be proud of who you are and that is what I'm trying to do.
Lewis Hamilton

P-F1 Mod
Posts: 4357
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Just to clarify, unless anyone can tell me what's wrong with wondering who is responsible for Lewis' gearbox failing, the post will not be removed. If tiredness has crept up on me and I'm missing something glaringly obvious, drop me a PM and I'm happy to reconsider.

User avatar
Blinky McSquinty
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

Just asking, no finger pointing or unfounded accusations involved.
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

Blinky McSquinty wrote:Just asking, no finger pointing or unfounded accusations involved.
Like it was a serious question? :lol:
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

User avatar
Blinky McSquinty
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

pokerman wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:Just asking, no finger pointing or unfounded accusations involved.
Like it was a serious question? :lol:
So who is to blame, is responsible for the gear box?
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.

f1newbie
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by f1newbie »

I have no doubts in my mind Hamilton is the better driver than Rosberg but IMO if he doesn't get his head in game Rosberg is going to anialate him this year. Yeah he's had bad luck but I just don't think his mind is in the game right now. People who say his celebrity lifestyle doesn't effect him are wrong. Rosberg seems like he works for his wins, Hamilton just shows up and thinks he's the best and won't get Beaton. Really frustrating me now :( (and this is coming from a Hamilton fan)

cmax
Posts: 478
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:43 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by cmax »

f1newbie wrote:I have no doubts in my mind Hamilton is the better driver than Rosberg but IMO if he doesn't get his head in game Rosberg is going to anialate him this year. Yeah he's had bad luck but I just don't think his mind is in the game right now. People who say his celebrity lifestyle doesn't effect him are wrong. Rosberg seems like he works for his wins, Hamilton just shows up and thinks he's the best and won't get Beaton. Really frustrating me now :( (and this is coming from a Hamilton fan)
Agree with you there. Hamilton was poor all race long. His wits for racing seems to have left him today as hr should have anticipated kimi coming back on the track and the Sauber taking avoiding action as he had a wide track to his right.

JohnnyGuitar
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:37 am

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by JohnnyGuitar »

f1newbie wrote:I have no doubts in my mind Hamilton is the better driver than Rosberg but IMO if he doesn't get his head in game Rosberg is going to anialate him this year. Yeah he's had bad luck but I just don't think his mind is in the game right now. People who say his celebrity lifestyle doesn't effect him are wrong. Rosberg seems like he works for his wins, Hamilton just shows up and thinks he's the best and won't get Beaton. Really frustrating me now :( (and this is coming from a Hamilton fan)
That might have been valid criticism in Bahrain or Australia but I don't think you can fault him at all for this weekend.

First his gearbox penalty, then the PU issue in qualifying, then getting swiped into at turn 1, then the team messing up his tyre strategy.

Out of all that he was fully on it during the race - until his tyres ran out of life towards the end.

stevey
Posts: 1616
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:31 am

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by stevey »

You also got to take into account that they moved some of Hamiltons engineers into rosbergs team and vice versa. Unfortunately for Lewis he seems to of picked up the duds from Nicos team while nico has inherited some good engineers.

User avatar
Black_Flag_11
Posts: 8069
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

stevey wrote:You also got to take into account that they moved some of Hamiltons engineers into rosbergs team and vice versa. Unfortunately for Lewis he seems to of picked up the duds from Nicos team while nico has inherited some good engineers.
So Hamilton has had better engineers than Rosberg before now? ;)

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

babararacucudada
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by babararacucudada »

Hamilton_Jar wrote:At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
Bad starts aren't necessarily bad luck. Nico has the same clutch and has had 3 good starts (I'm calling China good because he was on harder tyres). It's more down to the driver now.

The biggest question mark over Lewis is can he handle pressure. Niki Lauda said that Nico has to put him under pressure. It is 6 wins in a row now, and though Hamilton denies it affects him, we will see in the races to come how that pans out.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 19977.html

On the plus side for Hamilton, he brought an end to Rosberg's 6 poles in a row in the first 2 races. On the down side, Rosberg seems to have improved his ability to compete in the race.

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

I'm sure I read somewhere someone said Rosberg got a poor start but I thought it was a good start. It's true Lewis has had 2 bad starts but in the races there's no prove Nico has any pace advantage over Lewis and in the last 2 races Nico has had no opposition and in Aus it was over when the red flag came out.
Bad luck is in the sense of Bottas hitting you on the first corner or Nico pushing you wide and clipping your front wing which I think was fair by the way. Bad luck is also getting hit by a sauber which yes is a risk starting from the back of the grid but still bad luck.

I have been reading on other forums how Nico has been superb and smashing Lewis which simply isn't true, there never on the same part of the circuit let alone in competition.

Saying Nico has been gifted these victories is a little harsh but they have been easy victories. Just look at the Ferraris these first 3 races and Hamilton, I want to see how Nico deals with the pressure when squeeky bum time arrives.
.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

lamo

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by lamo »

Rosberg improved his ability to compete?

I love the drivel we get, purely based on results. The fact is they have gone head to head in 2 sessions and Lewis is 2-0 up. The last 3 races of 2015 were 6-0 to Nico and he looked untouchable, there is no evidence of that this season yet. The opposite.

There isn't any evidence Nico is any better than he was at the start of 2015 were people were calling for his head that he was so poor. Lets see how they go together in a clean race. Lewis has been 7th, 8th and 20th after the first corner. Nico has been P2, P1, P1. They have not raced each other yet.

The pleasing thing is Hamiltons return to form over 1 lap. Same story as ever though, over 90% of the time the Mercedes driver ahead after lap 1 finishes ahead (when reliability doesn't strike). That is a fact...

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

I also don't understand how people can say Nico has improved in races, he has won plenty before and won 3 at the end of the last year under more pressure than this year. Just because someone has won races from out in front which he has done many times before doesn't mean he has suddenly upped his game.
Maybe if Lewis was right behind or Nico was quicker than Lewis and overtaken for the lead but Christmas has come early this year for Nico.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

lamo

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by lamo »

Hamilton_Jar wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere someone said Rosberg got a poor start but I thought it was a good start. It's true Lewis has had 2 bad starts but in the races there's no prove Nico has any pace advantage over Lewis and in the last 2 races Nico has had no opposition and in Aus it was over when the red flag came out.
Bad luck is in the sense of Bottas hitting you on the first corner or Nico pushing you wide and clipping your front wing which I think was fair by the way. Bad luck is also getting hit by a sauber which yes is a risk starting from the back of the grid but still bad luck.

I have been reading on other forums how Nico has been superb and smashing Lewis which simply isn't true, there never on the same part of the circuit let alone in competition.

Saying Nico has been gifted these victories is a little harsh but they have been easy victories. Just look at the Ferraris these first 3 races and Hamilton, I want to see how Nico deals with the pressure when squeeky bum time arrives.
.
I agree.

Nico on untouchable form and better than Hamilton - last 3 races on 2015
Nico not having to fight anybody really and taking 3 unchallenged wins with all other decent cars hindered - first 3 races on 2016

Nico will get his, just like Singapore 14 and Silverstone 14...

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

lamo wrote:Rosberg improved his ability to compete?

I love the drivel we get, purely based on results. The fact is they have gone head to head in 2 sessions and Lewis is 2-0 up. The last 3 races of 2015 were 6-0 to Nico and he looked untouchable, there is no evidence of that this season yet. The opposite.

There isn't any evidence Nico is any better than he was at the start of 2015 were people were calling for his head that he was so poor. Lets see how they go together in a clean race. Lewis has been 7th, 8th and 20th after the first corner. Nico has been P2, P1, P1. They have not raced each other yet.

The pleasing thing is Hamiltons return to form over 1 lap. Same story as ever though, over 90% of the time the Mercedes driver ahead after lap 1 finishes ahead (when reliability doesn't strike). That is a fact...
:thumbup: Rosbergs cars only just got warmed up lol
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

babararacucudada
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by babararacucudada »

lamo wrote:Rosberg improved his ability to compete?

I love the drivel we get, purely based on results. The fact is they have gone head to head in 2 sessions and Lewis is 2-0 up. The last 3 races of 2015 were 6-0 to Nico and he looked untouchable, there is no evidence of that this season yet. The opposite.

There isn't any evidence Nico is any better than he was at the start of 2015 were people were calling for his head that he was so poor. Lets see how they go together in a clean race. Lewis has been 7th, 8th and 20th after the first corner. Nico has been P2, P1, P1. They have not raced each other yet.

The pleasing thing is Hamiltons return to form over 1 lap. Same story as ever though, over 90% of the time the Mercedes driver ahead after lap 1 finishes ahead (when reliability doesn't strike). That is a fact...
Nico used the whole track - as he was entitled to do, in Australia. It was stupid of Lewis to not back off enough to avoid contact.

Nico slowed down in the first corner to defend against the undercut in Bahrain. Another good race move.

On both occasions, with the same clutch and on the clean side of the track, Lewis made a worse start.

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

babararacucudada wrote:
lamo wrote:Rosberg improved his ability to compete?

I love the drivel we get, purely based on results. The fact is they have gone head to head in 2 sessions and Lewis is 2-0 up. The last 3 races of 2015 were 6-0 to Nico and he looked untouchable, there is no evidence of that this season yet. The opposite.

There isn't any evidence Nico is any better than he was at the start of 2015 were people were calling for his head that he was so poor. Lets see how they go together in a clean race. Lewis has been 7th, 8th and 20th after the first corner. Nico has been P2, P1, P1. They have not raced each other yet.

The pleasing thing is Hamiltons return to form over 1 lap. Same story as ever though, over 90% of the time the Mercedes driver ahead after lap 1 finishes ahead (when reliability doesn't strike). That is a fact...
Nico used the whole track - as he was entitled to do, in Australia. It was stupid of Lewis to not back off enough to avoid contact.

Nico slowed down in the first corner to defend against the undercut in Bahrain. Another good race move.

On both occasions, with the same clutch and on the clean side of the track, Lewis made a worse start.
Aus was fair and square by Nico but he was gifted the win by Ferrari.

In Bahrain you say it was a good move but I reckon Hamilton was in a great position for the overtake for the next few corners till Bottas hit him, so yes you could say it was a good move lol but if Bottas wasn't there would it of been a good move? Who knows.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

babararacucudada
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by babararacucudada »

Hamilton_Jar wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
lamo wrote:Rosberg improved his ability to compete?

I love the drivel we get, purely based on results. The fact is they have gone head to head in 2 sessions and Lewis is 2-0 up. The last 3 races of 2015 were 6-0 to Nico and he looked untouchable, there is no evidence of that this season yet. The opposite.

There isn't any evidence Nico is any better than he was at the start of 2015 were people were calling for his head that he was so poor. Lets see how they go together in a clean race. Lewis has been 7th, 8th and 20th after the first corner. Nico has been P2, P1, P1. They have not raced each other yet.

The pleasing thing is Hamiltons return to form over 1 lap. Same story as ever though, over 90% of the time the Mercedes driver ahead after lap 1 finishes ahead (when reliability doesn't strike). That is a fact...
Nico used the whole track - as he was entitled to do, in Australia. It was stupid of Lewis to not back off enough to avoid contact.

Nico slowed down in the first corner to defend against the undercut in Bahrain. Another good race move.

On both occasions, with the same clutch and on the clean side of the track, Lewis made a worse start.
Aus was fair and square by Nico but he was gifted the win by Ferrari.

In Bahrain you say it was a good move but I reckon Hamilton was in a great position for the overtake for the next few corners till Bottas hit him, so yes you could say it was a good move lol but if Bottas wasn't there would it of been a good move? Who knows.
BIB
Hamilton would have been but Nico eliminated that by slowing - causing Hamilton to back off and lose speed. Then Rosberg could accelerate away and pull a gap.
Bottas' move was unfortunate and you could say bad luck for Hamilton, but Rosberg already had Hamilton under control by then.

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

Just difference of opinion. Still not sure how that shows Nico is better this year once his car is in cruise control after 10 laps.

At the end of the day and this is not putting Nico down but I reckon the only was he can beat Lewis over a season is with luck like this involved. People will think it's being harsh on Nico but fair play to him for picking up the wins, but who would of thought every time Hamilton is down after one lap the Ferraris are having a disaster too. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

f1newbie wrote:I have no doubts in my mind Hamilton is the better driver than Rosberg but IMO if he doesn't get his head in game Rosberg is going to anialate him this year. Yeah he's had bad luck but I just don't think his mind is in the game right now. People who say his celebrity lifestyle doesn't effect him are wrong. Rosberg seems like he works for his wins, Hamilton just shows up and thinks he's the best and won't get Beaton. Really frustrating me now :( (and this is coming from a Hamilton fan)
Was it Hamilton's fault that he couldn't take part in qualifying and had to start at the back?

Was it Hamilton's fault that when Kimi came back on the track Nasr took avoiding action and drove into his car?
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

babararacucudada wrote:
Hamilton_Jar wrote:At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
Bad starts aren't necessarily bad luck. Nico has the same clutch and has had 3 good starts (I'm calling China good because he was on harder tyres). It's more down to the driver now.

The biggest question mark over Lewis is can he handle pressure. Niki Lauda said that Nico has to put him under pressure. It is 6 wins in a row now, and though Hamilton denies it affects him, we will see in the races to come how that pans out.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 19977.html

On the plus side for Hamilton, he brought an end to Rosberg's 6 poles in a row in the first 2 races. On the down side, Rosberg seems to have improved his ability to compete in the race.
Rosberg has not had to compete in any of the races against Hamilton, all of Hamilton's races basically have ended after the first corner.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

babararacucudada
Posts: 1681
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:08 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by babararacucudada »

pokerman wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
Hamilton_Jar wrote:At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
Bad starts aren't necessarily bad luck. Nico has the same clutch and has had 3 good starts (I'm calling China good because he was on harder tyres). It's more down to the driver now.

The biggest question mark over Lewis is can he handle pressure. Niki Lauda said that Nico has to put him under pressure. It is 6 wins in a row now, and though Hamilton denies it affects him, we will see in the races to come how that pans out.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 19977.html

On the plus side for Hamilton, he brought an end to Rosberg's 6 poles in a row in the first 2 races. On the down side, Rosberg seems to have improved his ability to compete in the race.
Rosberg has not had to compete in any of the races against Hamilton, all of Hamilton's races basically have ended after the first corner.
The race starts when the lights go out.
Rosberg beat him from the start in the first 2 races.

jrwb6e
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by jrwb6e »

If Rosberg wins the championship the focus is going to be on Hamilton's terrible starts (and I'm not talking about China.).

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

babararacucudada wrote:
pokerman wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
Hamilton_Jar wrote:At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
Bad starts aren't necessarily bad luck. Nico has the same clutch and has had 3 good starts (I'm calling China good because he was on harder tyres). It's more down to the driver now.

The biggest question mark over Lewis is can he handle pressure. Niki Lauda said that Nico has to put him under pressure. It is 6 wins in a row now, and though Hamilton denies it affects him, we will see in the races to come how that pans out.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 19977.html

On the plus side for Hamilton, he brought an end to Rosberg's 6 poles in a row in the first 2 races. On the down side, Rosberg seems to have improved his ability to compete in the race.
Rosberg has not had to compete in any of the races against Hamilton, all of Hamilton's races basically have ended after the first corner.
The race starts when the lights go out.
Rosberg beat him from the start in the first 2 races.
Clutching at straws there, don't even think Nico would say he has had competition from Hamilton this season. Shall we just say Rosberg has been in front for how long? Different driver this year 😉
Last edited by F1_Ernie on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

F1_Ernie
Posts: 3775
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by F1_Ernie »

jrwb6e wrote:If Rosberg wins the championship the focus is going to be on Hamilton's terrible starts (and I'm not talking about China.).
Will it?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

pokerman
Posts: 36348
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by pokerman »

babararacucudada wrote:
pokerman wrote:
babararacucudada wrote:
Hamilton_Jar wrote:At the end of the day Lewis can't be that disappointed this season, just had such bad luck. 2 poles out of 2 and there's no prove Nico has been faster in races.
Just looking forward to when we might actually see a battle at the front with both Mercs and both Ferraris and not just one car running into the distance. Nico has probably forgotten what pressure feels like.
Bad starts aren't necessarily bad luck. Nico has the same clutch and has had 3 good starts (I'm calling China good because he was on harder tyres). It's more down to the driver now.

The biggest question mark over Lewis is can he handle pressure. Niki Lauda said that Nico has to put him under pressure. It is 6 wins in a row now, and though Hamilton denies it affects him, we will see in the races to come how that pans out.
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/m ... 19977.html

On the plus side for Hamilton, he brought an end to Rosberg's 6 poles in a row in the first 2 races. On the down side, Rosberg seems to have improved his ability to compete in the race.
Rosberg has not had to compete in any of the races against Hamilton, all of Hamilton's races basically have ended after the first corner.
The race starts when the lights go out.
Rosberg beat him from the start in the first 2 races.
I can't see how pressure caused his engine to fail in qualifying and he made a perfectly good start today whereas Rosberg got beaten into the first corner by Ricciardo, was this pressure?

By not having to compete I mean it would be nice to see Hamilton in a race without a damaged car, for now it is what it is and all the cards are falling into place for Rosberg.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

sandman1347
Posts: 6977
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: The Official Lewis Hamilton thread

Post by sandman1347 »

Fortunately for Lewis, this season is 21 races long. He has plenty of time to catch up but I think he needs to stop Rosberg's momentum immediately and start winning again.

I also think he needs to generate a greater sense of urgency with his demeanor and comments. I think it's great that he doesn't throw the team under the bus and has kept his composure 100% but I believe that he must guard against complacency and sloppiness on his side of the garage. I scratched my head today when they pulled him in from third to switch from softs to mediums. I don't understand why they did that and there just generally seems to be some sloppiness that I'd want to nip in the bud if I were him. He needs to up his overall level of intensity IMO.

Post Reply