A heads up for the Asian fans

sultanofhyd

A heads up for the Asian fans

Post by sultanofhyd »

Well this is really more relevant to us Indian viewers, but anyways.

Apparently most of the races are going to be telecast on ESPN in India, with Star Sports and the newly launched Star Sports 2 completely dedicated to the Premier League. In the past Star Sports did all the races so you guys might want to check if your cable operator/DTH provides ESPN.

Also all practice sessions are going to be shown live this season.

And most importantly, NO MORE STEVE SLATER! We are going to get Sky commentary this season, so Brundle and Crofty.

I also suggest our Asian friends to double check the TV listings, what with all the FOX sports rebranding and stuff.
Apparently religious people didn't like my signature, hah! Don't read it if you are so offended by it.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

Race2win

Re: A heads up for the Asian fans

Post by Race2win »

I know the Quali is gonna be shown on ESPN. Havent check the race timings yet. But the practice is on star sports at 6:00 am. Too bad Slater is gone... I liked him... Brundle is good too. Where have they started Star Sports 2, im on Tata Sky, havent seen it yet.
PS: I hope they've kept Paula Malai Ali. Shes good eye candy.
[b LOADING KILL LIST.......[/b]
--------------------

robins13

Post by robins13 »

Thank you very much SOH.
I didn't know that they are going to show practice this season.

Ev0lutionz

Post by Ev0lutionz »

ESPN no more advertisements?

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

robins13 wrote:Thank you very much SOH.

They started showing all the practice session since the Indian GP on Star Sports last year.
--------------------

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

sultanofhyd wrote:Well this is really more relevant to us Indian viewers, but anyways.

Apparently most of the races are going to be telecast on ESPN in India, with Star Sports and the newly launched Star Sports 2 completely dedicated to the Premier League. In the past Star Sports did all the races so you guys might want to check if your cable operator/DTH provides ESPN.

And most importantly, NO MORE STEVE SLATER! We are going to get Sky commentary this season, so Brundle and Crofty.

I also suggest our Asian friends to double check the TV listings, what with all the FOX sports rebranding and stuff.

I've always enjoyed the practice sessions even on live timing but now that they will show live, it's more the merrier.

I liked Steve Slater & enjoyed his commentary along Chris Goodwin.
Feel The Fourth

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

Race2win wrote:I know the Quali is gonna be shown on ESPN. Havent check the race timings yet. But the practice is on star sports at 6:00 am. Too bad Slater is gone... I liked him... Brundle is good too. Where have they started Star Sports 2, im on Tata Sky, havent seen it yet.
PS: I hope they've kept Paula Malai Ali. Shes good eye candy.

Everybody to their own... I disliked Paula Malai as she seemed to be nothing more than "eye candy" - her on-location reports (i.e. attending the parties) were particularly pointless and annoying :( .

Steve Slater is a good presenter - well-informed and with no irritating quirks that I noticed, but Brundle is good so I will be v happy if we get his commentary.

Living in Thailand, my TV guide has recently been cut-down, so I've no idea whether F1 will be shown on ESPN as it only lists Star Sports.

vas_04614

Post by vas_04614 »

I am very Happy. all sessions live and commentary from Sky sports(?). That is good, i can keep my laptop aside and watch race on TV with F1 timing App in my hand(with all driver tracker etc.,)

ReservoirDog

Post by ReservoirDog »

sultanofhyd wrote:Well this is really more relevant to us Indian viewers, but anyways.

Thanks! BTW, what's the deal with Fox rebranding? How does that affect Asia?

sv_godspeed

Post by sv_godspeed »

thanks a ton, buddy. i just moved back to india..and had to flip through a million channels this morning to find the practice sessions!
Image go Felipe, baby!

ManojHS

Post by ManojHS »

NO MORE STEVE SLATER

Great!! that is all i care about. Finally!

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

ReservoirDog wrote:

Thanks! BTW, what's the deal with Fox rebranding? How does that affect Asia?

ESPN is now Fox Sports in almost all Asian countries outside the subcontinent. Their website is now foxsportsasia.com, no longer espnstar.com.

http://www.foxsportsasia.com
Apparently religious people didn't like my signature, hah! Don't read it if you are so offended by it.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

robins13

Post by robins13 »

Race2win wrote:

They started showing all the practice session since the Indian GP on Star Sports last year.

Are you sure about it?
I thought only the Indian GP(may be Singapore too) practice sessions were shown last year on Star Sports.
At least in India that was the case, I believe.

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

robins13 wrote:
Race2win wrote:

Are you sure about it?
I thought only the Indian GP(may be Singapore too) practice sessions were shown last year on Star Sports.

Yep Im sure because I watched all the practice sessions since the Indian GP.
--------------------

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

Race2win wrote:
robins13 wrote:
Race2win wrote:

Are you sure about it?

Yep Im sure because I watched all the practice sessions since the Indian GP.

Then you didn't do it legally. America, Korea, Abu Dhabi and Brazil practices were never shown.

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

@SOH: I didnt know star sport showed illegal broadcasts. But I can assure you that I did watch India, America, Abu Dhabi I dont remember them showing Brazil. But those 3 definitely I did watch them on SS. I tried looking for the tv schedule on espn star site but looks like they changed the whole site to Fiox sports. So I cant find it. They used to have an option to check the previous schedule. If i do find it i'll post it.
--------------------

speedster_sid

Post by speedster_sid »

Great news..Even i checked today that the practise sessions are being shown on ESPN.

Great that we would get commentary by martin...

beyamei

Post by beyamei »

This is great news. I used to watch the practice sessions it other "sources" with low video quality so it's exciting to finally
be able to see all sessions live and hd! And yeah, thank god they got rid of Steve Slater.
VettelRaikkonenNasr

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

YES! Watching quali on the Star Sports channel, but it is obviously showing ESPN/Fox as Martin Brundle is commentating!

I was confusing Steve Slater with the guy who presents the programme. Now I realise my mistake, I'm over the moon to have Brundle commentating rather than Slater who, with the best will in the world was an appalling commentator.

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

Am I the oly one whos missing Steve Slater right now? It may be just quali or maybe I need to get used to it. But Slater enthusiam was infectious for quali and raceday
--------------------

ReservoirDog

Post by ReservoirDog »

beyamei wrote:This is great news. I used to watch the practice sessions it other "sources" with low video quality so it's exciting to finally
be able to see all sessions live and hd! And yeah, thank god they got rid of Steve Slater.

You get ESPN in HD?

Ev0lutionz

Post by Ev0lutionz »

Anyone living in Singappre here?

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

Race2win wrote:Am I the oly one whos missing Steve Slater right now? It may be just quali or maybe I need to get used to it. But Slater enthusiam was infectious for quali and raceday

You are the only one.

phyz

Post by phyz »

sultanofhyd wrote:
Race2win wrote:Am I the oly one whos missing Steve Slater right now? It may be just quali or maybe I need to get used to it. But Slater enthusiam was infectious for quali and raceday

You are the only one.

:lol:

Kolby

Post by Kolby »

No you're not the only one, honestly I was surprised when I watched F1 just now and it was Martin and Ted that was commentating and not him.. I'm starting to miss him already :(
Even the best of drivers crash, stay safe and be responsible!

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

ReservoirDog wrote:
beyamei wrote:This is great news. I used to watch the practice sessions it other "sources" with low video quality so it's exciting to finally

You get ESPN in HD?

There is a different ESPN HD channel. In India we have to pay the DTH provider separately for HD channels, I don't know how you can get it on the other side of the border.

sgt_hippo

Post by sgt_hippo »

Steve slator is the biggest Jabroni in the world of F1!!!

Good Riddance!!!!

:evil:

Anupam

Post by Anupam »

No more Steve Slater!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!

Seriously, nothing personal against the guy - but boy, was he clueless or what!

Race2win

Post by Race2win »

Anupam wrote:No more Steve Slater!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Seriously, nothing personal against the guy - but boy, was he clueless or what!

I disagree. He is a very knowledgeble person. He is a Motorsport journalist who writes articles for Autosport, Times and on the Espnstar site. Ive heard him and Chandok recall some obscure events which they related to some races which was impressive. But yes while commentating you dont always remember all the events and the dates and the rules on the go. (If that what you mean by clueless) take todays case, Brundle and Ted didnt know that there is a rule that says if qualifying doesnt happen at all, The grid will be lined up numerically. So thats that. But if you compare today commentary of Brundle and Ted to Slaters and Chandhok, then Slaters was much more lively. Although all 4 are pretty knowledgeble.
--------------------