Turning nasty at HRT

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
User avatar
Balibari
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Balibari »

'Drunken brawl' at HRT factory as laid off workers try to collect redundancy. The owners can go &^%$ up a wall but I feel so sorry for the mechanics and staff.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/drunk ... t-factory/
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

becker
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by becker »

Reports emerging that the directors tried to flee the factory in the HRT F112 but the mechanics caught up with them on foot.

User avatar
jammin78
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Location: Wrexham, UK

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by jammin78 »

Ouch, it's all gone pete tong!
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."

User avatar
Covalent
Posts: 10175
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Covalent »

Way to market yourselves to other employers.

User avatar
Lojik
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Lojik »

Really sad state of affairs, though perhaps not entirely surprising.

mikeyg123
Posts: 18104
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by mikeyg123 »

Covalent wrote:Way to market yourselves to other employers.


:thumbup:

potter84
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Location: Derby

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by potter84 »

I can understand their frustration, execs and drivers aren't as hard hit as the mechanics and logistic workers and such, its their lively hood, execs can move on to something else drivers plenty of other motorsports to take part in especially with backing behind them, spains economy as it is must be quite frightening for some there

AngreetRoll
Posts: 475
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by AngreetRoll »

becker wrote:Reports emerging that the directors tried to flee the factory in the HRT F112 but the mechanics caught up with them on foot.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

User avatar
mcdo
Posts: 10289
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by mcdo »

8O

The best and worst thing I've read all week.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Robbo-92
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Robbo-92 »

I wonder given the teams financial woes all season whether the mechanics have even been paid.
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

User avatar
Balibari
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Balibari »

Robbo-92 wrote:I wonder given the teams financial woes all season whether the mechanics have even been paid.

Exactly. They still owe Toyota money too. And if Lotus can't pay Kimi you have to wonder how HRT can pay the staff. I find this sort of thing so depressing, so much sympathy for them.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

Robbo-92
Posts: 2033
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Robbo-92 »

Balibari wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I wonder given the teams financial woes all season whether the mechanics have even been paid.

Exactly. They still owe Toyota money too. And if Lotus can't pay Kimi you have to wonder how HRT can pay the staff. I find this sort of thing so depressing, so much sympathy for them.


If they haven't been paid and from the article it sounds like they are not going to get any compensation for being made redundant I can see why they would go to the owners with a bad attitude and cause a drunken brawl
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

Eva09
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Eva09 »

becker wrote:Reports emerging that the directors tried to flee the factory in the HRT F112 but the mechanics caught up with them on foot.


jammin78 wrote:Ouch, it's all gone pete tong!


:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by moby »

Just read this at Sewards blog (wordpress)

There are reports today that when the team members returned to Madrid after the race there was a confrontation with one of the management and that the police were called. No-one was arrested, but reports were published suggesting that the team members were drunk.

I am told that this was not the case at all and that the team members became irate when they were not allowed to leave the premises until they agreed to sign a contract termination document; and that personal effects, such as car keys, were withheld.

I guess you can believe whichever story you like but whatever the case, it is a sad end to a story that involved a lot of people doing a lot of work in an effort to keep the team alive.

User avatar
Balibari
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Balibari »

moby wrote:Just read this at Sewards blog (wordpress)

There are reports today that when the team members returned to Madrid after the race there was a confrontation with one of the management and that the police were called. No-one was arrested, but reports were published suggesting that the team members were drunk.

I am told that this was not the case at all and that the team members became irate when they were not allowed to leave the premises until they agreed to sign a contract termination document; and that personal effects, such as car keys, were withheld.

I guess you can believe whichever story you like but whatever the case, it is a sad end to a story that involved a lot of people doing a lot of work in an effort to keep the team alive.

This is almost exactly what I assumed the truth to be, it's just a little more severe! It didn't add up that a rowdy gang of mechanics drunkenly assaulted the management. HRT's upper echelons have always seemed like absolute scum to me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

User avatar
jimmyj
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by jimmyj »

Sad story.

At the same time i just picture Benny Hill being chased by a bunch of mechanics.

User avatar
H-Holloway
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by H-Holloway »

Narian was the ringleader probably, that scamp.
Jenson Button
Kimi Raikkonen
Romain Grosjean
Nico Hulkenburg

User avatar
RickM
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Location: Herts, UK

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by RickM »

I have a mental picture of a bunch of mechanics chasing a fat spanish guy in a suit (who kinda looks like the go compare guy), all wielding cucumbers.
Image

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by moby »

RickM wrote:I have a mental picture of a bunch of mechanics chasing a fat spanish guy in a suit (who kinda looks like the go compare guy), all wielding cucumbers.


Somewhere along the line my education has failed me. What is it with the cucumbers?

Sonic4liv3
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Sonic4liv3 »

vettel called Kartikyan a cucumber after vettel hit him in Malaysia i think it was.

http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorsport/story/74313.html

Mister Hotshot
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Mister Hotshot »

The workers were trying to collect compensation? I thought their jobs at HRT were volunteer since they have no money.

becker wrote:Reports emerging that the directors tried to flee the factory in the HRT F112 but the mechanics caught up with them on foot.


:lol:

User avatar
Lojik
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:58 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Lojik »

moby wrote:Just read this at Sewards blog (wordpress)

There are reports today that when the team members returned to Madrid after the race there was a confrontation with one of the management and that the police were called. No-one was arrested, but reports were published suggesting that the team members were drunk.

I am told that this was not the case at all and that the team members became irate when they were not allowed to leave the premises until they agreed to sign a contract termination document; and that personal effects, such as car keys, were withheld.

I guess you can believe whichever story you like but whatever the case, it is a sad end to a story that involved a lot of people doing a lot of work in an effort to keep the team alive.


Surely withholding personal belongings and not allowing people to leave is illegal? Disgusting behaviour by the management if true.

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by moby »

Sonic4liv3 wrote:vettel called Kartikyan a cucumber after vettel hit him in Malaysia i think it was.

http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorsport/story/74313.html


Ah thanks

Davidbl
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Davidbl »

To be fair no one works for nothing. If my company, were expecting me to work in a multi million pound industry around the world for the majority of the year, the least I would expect is to get paid.

Davidbl
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Davidbl »

Covalent wrote:Way to market yourselves to other employers.


Surely they should get paid for what they have done though?

User avatar
slide
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by slide »

unless they are paid by results

G1n
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by G1n »

Lojik wrote:
Surely withholding personal belongings and not allowing people to leave is illegal? Disgusting behaviour by the management if true.


I don't believe it, probably lies, just like them being drunk.

User avatar
moby
Posts: 8072
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by moby »

G1n wrote:
Lojik wrote:
Surely withholding personal belongings and not allowing people to leave is illegal? Disgusting behaviour by the management if true.


I don't believe it, probably lies, just like them being drunk.


Locked locker rooms?

User avatar
REPLICATE
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 6:21 am
Location: Bernies Water Sprinkler Factory.

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by REPLICATE »

annnnnd everyone at RedBull gets 10k.

User avatar
ManojHS
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 am

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by ManojHS »

Not the first time a team that hired Karthikeyan for the whole season sold out at the end of the year

Smus
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Smus »

Maybe if they showed the same passion for setting up their cars they would have done better.

Smus
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Smus »

Maybe if they showed the same passion for setting up their cars they would have done better.

User avatar
Covalent
Posts: 10175
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Covalent »

Davidbl wrote:
Covalent wrote:Way to market yourselves to other employers.


Surely they should get paid for what they have done though?

And assault the management if they don't?

maninblack
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by maninblack »

Smus wrote:Maybe if they showed the same passion for setting up their cars they would have done better.


How in the world does "passion" equate with "budget" and "competency"?

Bobafett
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Bobafett »

MY question is how can they afford to get drunk? :D

User avatar
Jo_
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Jo_ »

Whatever the reality of the situation, I am quite appalled by HRT Management.

My understanding is that they were hiring people not that long ago with attractive packages despite the fact that they already knew that there was not much chance of the team surviving and were merely hiring like crazy to look attractive to potential investors.

People made choices to take those jobs over others and move their lives in good faith. The approach by HRT Management has actually damaged lives and I hope they are properly held accountable for it, though I doubt they will be.
Twitter @Jo_Soucek

User avatar
Maky
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:29 am
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Maky »

kai_ wrote:Whatever the reality of the situation, I am quite appalled by HRT Management.

My understanding is that they were hiring people not that long ago with attractive packages despite the fact that they already knew that there was not much chance of the team surviving and were merely hiring like crazy to look attractive to potential investors.

People made choices to take those jobs over others and move their lives in good faith. The approach by HRT Management has actually damaged lives and I hope they are properly held accountable for it, though I doubt they will be.

That is a positive way to go about saying it but I think these people chose positions at HRT as they were unable to get jobs at better teams for the same reason a better qualified individual works/gets job at a better firm than the other guy. I guess they knew full well the risks of working at a small team especially given the history of F1 where many teams have folded over the years. This is not in defence of HRT higher-ups mind you, They are cocks.

User avatar
Balibari
Posts: 3226
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Balibari »

Smus wrote:Maybe if they showed the same passion for setting up their cars they would have done better.

Nice.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

User avatar
Jo_
Posts: 2069
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Jo_ »

Maky wrote:
kai_ wrote:Whatever the reality of the situation, I am quite appalled by HRT Management.

My understanding is that they were hiring people not that long ago with attractive packages despite the fact that they already knew that there was not much chance of the team surviving and were merely hiring like crazy to look attractive to potential investors.

People made choices to take those jobs over others and move their lives in good faith. The approach by HRT Management has actually damaged lives and I hope they are properly held accountable for it, though I doubt they will be.

That is a positive way to go about saying it but I think these people chose positions at HRT as they were unable to get jobs at better teams for the same reason a better qualified individual works/gets job at a better firm than the other guy. I guess they knew full well the risks of working at a small team especially given the history of F1 where many teams have folded over the years. This is not in defence of HRT higher-ups mind you, They are cocks.

I think it's a bit disingenuous to assume that people went to HRT because they were unable to get a job at a better team. People have varying motivations for why they take up positions - lifestyle, salary, promotion to a better position even though it's not as well-regarded an organisation to get the experience, working environment.
Twitter @Jo_Soucek

User avatar
Amon
Posts: 3479
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Turning nasty at HRT

Post by Amon »

I think HRT going down the slump has also to do with a lot of bad management decisions. The move of the base to Spain, not really a cradle of motorsport and a weak economy seemed like a death pit. Colin made significant progression with them in their second season but that was all wiped of this season. I expected them to struggle this year but not this bad. I don't think it's a good idea for anyone to buy this team not as long as the base is in Spain. I hope for 1 or 2 new teams to enter F1 for 2014.
F1 fan since 1989
Image

Post Reply