So, did the USA "fall in love with F1" today ?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
ashley313

Re: So, did the USA "fall in love with F1" today ?

Post by ashley313 »

If you can't wake up for the 1-5am sessions, you just aren't a real fan ;)

Z3RoadstarTXF1

Post by Z3RoadstarTXF1 »

With Tivo, those early AM races 'start' about 5 minutes after the coffee goes on Sunday morning whatever time that is... Works well for me.

That's why I hate when the few races are shifted to the FOX affiliates and shown in delayed broadcast. Making it to mid-day, early afternoon without knowing the result is near impossible. But watching it first thing in the morning off Tivo, its very easy to watch without having the outcomes spoiled.

The one part that does make me nervous about the switch is that NBC Sports could opt to only show the races. I haven't read any plans other than the announcing team, so there are no clues what changes for the positive or negative the switch might mean. But carrying full qualifying is basically mandatory IMO, and preferably at least whichever Practice Session is closest to Qualifying and Race time because it will most likely approximate track conditions for those. Any more and I'll consider myself lucky given F1's low profile here.

ashley313

Post by ashley313 »

Im pretty sure I've read that NBC plans to show all on track sessions.

Placid

Post by Placid »

If they can get support races such as Star Mazda and the Indy Lights - definite.

If they can get an Indy Car race - Also definite.

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

i agree with someone above posting about the race starts when the coffee is made. dvr is a great thing!
i was concerned nbc sports channel would not show practice/qualy and not show races live. i am looking forward to them taking over now with matchett/hobbs coming back. also read they will show all practice/qualy and all races will be streamed live, and all but a couple races will be shown live. after sunday i get to cancel the extra package i have to pay for to get speed...so i save a couple bucks too