Female Racing Drivers

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Battle Far

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Chadwick qualified 6th for the first Euro Regional F3 race (around 0.5s off the pace of her team mates) but crashed out spectacularly when she drove over the back of Konta Lappalainen after he appeared to slow in the middle of a corner on the first lap. The race was won by Chadwick's teammate Gianluca Petecof.

She starts from the back in race 2 and 7th in race 3

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

The third Danish F4 race was held in wet conditions and saw Will Wulf and JuJu Noda both make mistakes while leading gifting the win to title leading Conrad Laursen. Mads Hoe finished 3rd, for info both Wulf and Hoe drive F5 cars which, on some tracks, as as fast or faster than the F4 competitors.

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Battle Far wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:20 pm
The third Danish F4 race was held in wet conditions and saw Will Wulf and JuJu Noda both make mistakes while leading gifting the win to title leading Conrad Laursen. Mads Hoe finished 3rd, for info both Wulf and Hoe drive F5 cars which, on some tracks, as as fast or faster than the F4 competitors.
I admit I don't know much about the F4 series (or indeed any series other than F1) - so how impressive are Noda's performances? It looks like she has speed, and I assume mistakes are something to expect from lower formula drivers, as that's where they learn and gain experience - but at the same time, presumably there is also a much more diluted talent pool.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

ATH

It's not the most competitive series, there are only 12 or so cars competing and half of those are F5 cars, essentially similar chassis & engines but with H pattern gearboxes and a lower minimum weight, on some tracks the F5 cars are as fast or faster.

On the other hand, the Danish F4 championship is one of only 2 whose regulations allow 14 year olds to compete so Noda didn't have much choice.

Noda is clearly fast, she has started from pole in several races and is racing against guys who have extensive international kart experience. It would seem that she suffers, by comparison, from a lack of racecraft. For example, race 3 at Padborg was the first time she has ever raced in the wet! Leading when she locked up and went off she dropped to last climbing back to 6th by the flag and setting fastest lap on the way.

Her biggest problem would appear to be overtaking direct rivals, when in front they can't catch her unless she makes a mistake, however, when behind she can't pass them. Given that she won extensively in karts and has also been blindingly fast in F3 & F4cars she's used to being front.

It's very early, let's give her some time

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Chadwick finished 10th in the 2nd race in Austria, having started last after her team rebuilt her car following race one, she finished a long way behind and was well off the pace, given her much more competitve showing in the 3rd race I'd surmise that there was still an issue with her car.

In race 3 where she started 7th she finished 5th 5s back from the winner, right on the tail of the car in front and well ahead of the car in 6th. There were a number of safety car interludes but that was a better result.

Badgeronimous

Post by Badgeronimous »

Noda is fast and has talent. However she was winning in karts when she weighed less than 30kg. Even carrying ballast, it's just such a huge advantage being that light.

Even now, she is still sub 40kg, 150cm tall (ie 6 and a bit stone, and 5'). She is tiny - at nearly 15, she isn't growing much more - I question if she will ever be physically strong enough to do F1.

Being small is a big advantage in motorsport, but you can be too small. She would need to do a lot of physical work IMO.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Badgeronimous wrote:Noda is fast and has talent. However she was winning in karts when she weighed less than 30kg. Even carrying ballast, it's just such a huge advantage being that light.
From the FIA F4 Technical Regulations 2020 (https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... ations.pdf)...

1.8 Weight: Is the weight of the car with the driver, wearing his complete racing apparel, at all times
during the event.

1.9 Racing weight: Is the weight of the car in running order with the driver aboard and all fuel tanks full.

4.1 Minimum weight: The weight of the car must not be less than 570 kg.
I question if she will ever be physically strong enough to do F1.
She would need to do a lot of physical work IMO.
She herself lists her stature as her biggest disadvantage stating she needs to work harder than the boys. Good attitude.

More Noda news, in July she carried out a 2 day test at Paul Ricard on the circuit layout used by the Italian & French F4 championships in the company of some of the French series competitors.

The official lap record is 2m14.3, unofficially she broke that record on day 1 reducing it on day 2 to 2m12.1 comfortably faster than the other F4 cars testing. Of course it was testing and she may have been underweight...

Anybody know if F4 cars have been updated for 2020?

Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Fingers crossed for Noda, she seems to be the brightest female talent out there for quite some time. It’s a shame Floersch’ career seems to have plateaued at F3 level, I remember her being quite well regarded at a similar level.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Badgeronimous

Post by Badgeronimous »

Battle Far wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:04 pm
Badgeronimous wrote:Noda is fast and has talent. However she was winning in karts when she weighed less than 30kg. Even carrying ballast, it's just such a huge advantage being that light.
From the FIA F4 Technical Regulations 2020 (https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... ations.pdf)...

1.8 Weight: Is the weight of the car with the driver, wearing his complete racing apparel, at all times
during the event.

1.9 Racing weight: Is the weight of the car in running order with the driver aboard and all fuel tanks full.

4.1 Minimum weight: The weight of the car must not be less than 570 kg.
I question if she will ever be physically strong enough to do F1.
She would need to do a lot of physical work IMO.
She herself lists her stature as her biggest disadvantage stating she needs to work harder than the boys. Good attitude.

More Noda news, in July she carried out a 2 day test at Paul Ricard on the circuit layout used by the Italian & French F4 championships in the company of some of the French series competitors.

The official lap record is 2m14.3, unofficially she broke that record on day 1 reducing it on day 2 to 2m12.1 comfortably faster than the other F4 cars testing. Of course it was testing and she may have been underweight...

Anybody know if F4 cars have been updated for 2020?
It's still a sizable advantage as you can put ballast where you want, get the car corner weighted and balanced, move ballast about to suit. Nobody is carrying 10kg of ballast at shoulder height.

Minimum weight only lessens the advantage smaller drivers have versus heavier/taller drivers. As you move up the classes that advantage is lessens - certainly at kart and junior formula it's significant.

Lord Crc

Post by Lord Crc »

Badgeronimous wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:38 pm
It's still a sizable advantage as you can put ballast where you want, get the car corner weighted and balanced, move ballast about to suit.
On the other hand, F1 cars have heavy breaks, and rely on the g-forces making the leg heavy enough for the drivers to be able to apply full break pressure. Seems like that could be an issue for someone with very little mass. Of course building muscle would mean more mass so would help much more than normal, so maybe it won't be an issue with a bit of extra leg work.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Banana Man wrote:Fingers crossed for Noda, she seems to be the brightest female talent out there for quite some time. It’s a shame Floersch’ career seems to have plateaued at F3 level, I remember her being quite well regarded at a similar level.
On Noda, it was Jan Lammers who first drew the western world's attention to her, when, aged 13, she unofficially broke the F3 lap record in testing at Suzuka. In particular he commented on her smooth style while being impressed with the body language of the car.

I agree about Floersch, I watched her race in Ginetta Juniors where she dusted the pants off the boys on more than one occasion. Admittedly Campos is not the best F3 team, Peroni, their fastest driver, is typically on the fringes of the top 10 and never closer than 0.5s to the pace. Perhaps she needs another year.

Alienturnedhuman

Battle Far wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:26 am
ATH

It's not the most competitive series, there are only 12 or so cars competing and half of those are F5 cars, essentially similar chassis & engines but with H pattern gearboxes and a lower minimum weight, on some tracks the F5 cars are as fast or faster.

On the other hand, the Danish F4 championship is one of only 2 whose regulations allow 14 year olds to compete so Noda didn't have much choice.

Noda is clearly fast, she has started from pole in several races and is racing against guys who have extensive international kart experience. It would seem that she suffers, by comparison, from a lack of racecraft. For example, race 3 at Padborg was the first time she has ever raced in the wet! Leading when she locked up and went off she dropped to last climbing back to 6th by the flag and setting fastest lap on the way.

Her biggest problem would appear to be overtaking direct rivals, when in front they can't catch her unless she makes a mistake, however, when behind she can't pass them. Given that she won extensively in karts and has also been blindingly fast in F3 & F4cars she's used to being front.

It's very early, let's give her some time
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

While on one hand she does have the advantage of being the daughter of an F1 driver, on the flip side Japan does have a particularly tough glass ceiling for girls to break through into what are seen as male roles. I think though she clearly has the support of her father which will go a long way (as the pressure to conform often comes from the family) but if she didn't have the talent I doubt it would have got this far.

Of course, speed is only part of the equation, and there will be a lot of hurdles on the way, particularly when it comes to race craft as that can only be gained going wheel to wheel.

It does seem the buzz around her and the lap times that get report suggest she is one of the most promising future female racing drivers, but it's still a long way to go...

typaH4okc

Post by typaH4okc »

Ira Sidorkova won her first race in adult category in Russian touring cars champ.

http://raf-rcrs.ru/media/gallery/img/Gr ... ow_100.jpg

(couldn't embed the image, it's too big)

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Don't know how I missed Abbi Pulling but the 17 year old, in her first season in British F4, has improved her competitiveness with every round culminating in a 2nd place finish in the 3rd race at Thruxton yesterday following a 5th and & 6th in races 1 & 2.

Qualifying 2nd she followed teammate James Hedley closely initially before dropping into the clutches of Caspar Stevenson, currently third in the championship, who she fought to the line to finish 2nd, her best race result so far.

Abbi lies 6th equal in the championship after a series of incidents have marred the first part of her season.

Abbi has extensive experience in karts having been British National champion in Junior TKM in 2017 & 2018, she also won the Junior TKM festival both years. She has also raced in Ginetta Juniors.

The next round (3 races) is this weekend at Silverstone on the National circuit.

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm
Don't know how I missed Abbi Pulling but the 17 year old, in her first season in British F4, has improved her competitiveness with every round culminating in a 2nd place finish in the 3rd race at Thruxton yesterday following a 5th and & 6th in races 1 & 2.

Qualifying 2nd she followed teammate James Hedley closely initially before dropping into the clutches of Caspar Stevenson, currently third in the championship, who she fought to the line to finish 2nd, her best race result so far.

Abbi lies 6th equal in the championship after a series of incidents have marred the first part of her season.

Abbi has extensive experience in karts having been British National champion in Junior TKM in 2017 & 2018, she also won the Junior TKM festival both years. She has also raced in Ginetta Juniors.

The next round (3 races) is this weekend at Silverstone on the National circuit.
Nice one Battle. I missed that she'd gone to F4. Those are impressive results for single seater debut. I need to go check up on the drivers generally as with Covid many series didn't actually get started and I lost track.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Herb

Post by Herb »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/54167928

Interesting article about Hailie Deegan, who is racing in the 3rd tier of NASCAR - might be one to watch?

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 am
Battle Far wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Nice one Battle. I missed that she'd gone to F4. Those are impressive results for single seater debut. I need to go check up on the drivers generally as with Covid many series didn't actually get started and I lost track.
Yes I'd already heard of Abbi Pulling, didn't realise she was doing F4, however as for her results like has been said she's getting beat by her teammate, he has 4 wins, Pulling has none, and it's also her teammates first season in F4.

It's still early days for her but she's getting beat, if she had the results of her teammate then yes I would be taking notice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Abbi set 4th fastest time in the British F4 test at Silverstone on the National circuit this week, just 5 one hundredths slower than team mate James Hedley she was 0.171s off the pace set by Caspar Stevenson but ahead of both championship leader Luke Browning & second placed Zac O'Sullivan.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Abbi Pulling qualified 6th for race 1 and 5th for race 3 at Silverstone,her teammate James Hedley, occupying row 3 alongside her both times. She was around 0.2s off pole secured by Alex Connor with Championship leaders Caspar Stevenson, Zak O'Sullivan and Luke Browning occupied 2nd through 4th for both races.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Abbi Pulling recorded a DNF in race 16 at Silverstone won by Alex Connor from pole.

In changeable, becoming increasingly wet conditions she and teammate Hedley fought each other changing places several times before Pulling spun as they attempted to round Copse side by side.

Connor won from O'Sullivan ahead of Stevenson and Browning, Hedley claimed 5th.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

JuJu Noda finished out of the points in both the 1st & 2nd Danish F4 races at Ring Djursland

Starting from pole in the 1st she had too much wheelspin and lost out to fellow front row Italian F4 regular Sebastien Ogaard, Mads Hoe's F5 car passed her before closing on and passing Ogaard for the win.

Noda was taken out of 3rd by Ben Frislund on lap 3 with an ambitious lunge losing a lap as a result.

In the 2nd race, starting on the back row Noda, spun on the first lap recovering to 7th but 30s off the pace of winner Ogaard

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Meanwhile, at Silverstone Abbi Pulling finished 8th in the reverse grid race 2 at Silverstone after starting at the back following her DNF in race 1 courtesy of teammate Hedley.

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

JuJu Noda completed a miserable weekend by crashing out after colliding with the F5 car driven by William Wulf when disputing 3rd place.

Noda, quicker than Wulf, was frustrated being unable to pass. The colision occurred as she got her front wheels alongside Wulf's rears at the final corner. Wulf took his normal line, resulting in both hitting the barriers on the outside.

With both cars embedded the race director threw a red flag leaving Ogaard as the winner.

Three races, 3 accidents/spins involving other drivers, either Noda is being exposed as having not enough experience or her competitors treat her on track the same way that some contributors treat her with their keyboard...

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Jade Edwards finished 23rd in the 1st BTCC race at Silverstone following up with 21st in the 2nd race some 25s behind race winner Colin Turkington.

Some controversy in race 1 when returning from a commuted driving standards ban Andy Neate took Edwards out as she passed him incurring the wrath of some competitors.

The races are being streamed live on ITV2 on All 4, the last F4 race is coming up

There is also a GPS driven graphic of all the races, visible in all countries, here

https://livetiming.tsl-timing.com/203903

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Abbi Pulling, after a poor start, paid back teammate Hedley who had knocked her out of race 1 with a punt on lap 2 when fighting for 5th place, unfortunately it put them both at the back of the field.

Pulling then failed to impress being unable to set up a pass on those in front without the help of a late safety car despite climbing to 7th at the flag.

Hedley, meanwhile, was very clearly much quicker than her after the incident, perhaps her car was compromised but it was not an impressive performance.

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:29 pm
JuJu Noda completed a miserable weekend by crashing out after colliding with the F5 car driven by William Wulf when disputing 3rd place.

Noda, quicker than Wulf, was frustrated being unable to pass. The colision occurred as she got her front wheels alongside Wulf's rears at the final corner. Wulf took his normal line, resulting in both hitting the barriers on the outside.

With both cars embedded the race director threw a red flag leaving Ogaard as the winner.

Three races, 3 accidents/spins involving other drivers, either Noda is being exposed as having not enough experience or her competitors treat her on track the same way that some contributors treat her with their keyboard...
Oh dear. That sounds like the lack of racing experience kicking in. She'll need to learn from it.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Jade Edwards finished 23rd in the 1st BTCC race at Silverstone following up with 21st in the 2nd race some 25s behind race winner Colin Turkington.

Some controversy in race 1 when returning from a commuted driving standards ban Andy Neate took Edwards out as she passed him incurring the wrath of some competitors.

The races are being streamed live on ITV2 on All 4, the last F4 race is coming up

There is also a GPS driven graphic of all the races, visible in all countries, here

https://livetiming.tsl-timing.com/203903
Have to be honest I'm not expecting much of Edwards. She's achieved no results of note and at age 29 I don't see her making much of an impression in the ultra-competitive BTCC.
-Stirling Moss

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm
Abbi Pulling, after a poor start, paid back teammate Hedley who had knocked her out of race 1 with a punt on lap 2 when fighting for 5th place, unfortunately it put them both at the back of the field.

Pulling then failed to impress being unable to set up a pass on those in front without the help of a late safety car despite climbing to 7th at the flag.

Hedley, meanwhile, was very clearly much quicker than her after the incident, perhaps her car was compromised but it was not an impressive performance.
hmm. Reema Juffali was also supposed to be competing. If she is I'm assuming she's not doing so well...
-Stirling Moss

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Battle Far wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:29 pm

I'm not sure anyone has said anything negative about Noda, it's too early I think to pass judgement about her especially with her being so young, she has time on her side.

As for general negative comments I just judge a female driver to the same standard I would judge a male driver.
Last edited by pokerman on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

For the first time JuJu Noda's comments on her facebook page show some frustration with her fellow competitors after the weekend's issues
JuJu wrote:The finals have ended with a disappointing result. I understand what the Danish race is like in many ways. I dare to avoid talking a lot here.

It was a considerable confidence that I was able to get 2 minutes left in the first course of the preliminary pole position, and I was able to win it. Honestly, I felt that the free run was tough for the champion team and the veteran driver with experience. It's good to be able to get used to the machine that hasn't been combined with the course, and it's good to be able to get used to the course, and don't give up to the And so far I was able to protect the 1th place in the whole match preliminaries.

I wonder if the finals are so frustrating to lose to a girl from Japan lol

But I won't lose from now on. When you get hit, you fight back. With the result. It's only good to be faster to the place you can't guess. Competition is fun, isn't it!

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

DOLOMITE wrote:hmm. Reema Juffali was also supposed to be competing. If she is I'm assuming she's not doing so well...
Exposes my ignorance, I didn't know that Reema was a girl :blush:

I watched the race live on ITV2, Juffali was behind Pulling at the start, gaining places when the Pulling/Hedley clash occurred. Pulling caught her quickly but couldn't pass as Juffali drove well defensively, another failed passing attempt saw Hedley pull off a fine double pass on them both on the outside.

Hedley then fell off all on his own while Pulling finally passed Juffali after the safety car restart that followed.

Juffali is no mug

Alienturnedhuman

Battle Far wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:09 pm
For the first time JuJu Noda's comments on her facebook page show some frustration with her fellow competitors after the weekend's issues
JuJu wrote:The finals have ended with a disappointing result. I understand what the Danish race is like in many ways. I dare to avoid talking a lot here.

It was a considerable confidence that I was able to get 2 minutes left in the first course of the preliminary pole position, and I was able to win it. Honestly, I felt that the free run was tough for the champion team and the veteran driver with experience. It's good to be able to get used to the machine that hasn't been combined with the course, and it's good to be able to get used to the course, and don't give up to the And so far I was able to protect the 1th place in the whole match preliminaries.

I wonder if the finals are so frustrating to lose to a girl from Japan lol

But I won't lose from now on. When you get hit, you fight back. With the result. It's only good to be faster to the place you can't guess. Competition is fun, isn't it!
My wife is Japanese, I'll ask her to improve on Facebook's attempt to turn her words into English...

However even the poor translation shows some fire in her belly. I think that it's clear she has the speed, but needs to learn the race craft in terms of going wheel to wheel - which is something she wouldn't have been able to do until now, so it's unsurprising this is where her weakness is.

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

So I've been doing this thread for what looks to be nearly 10 years. The depressing truth is that in that time period, there has been no significant increase in the number of women driving in higher levels. Going back to the first posts, you had Danica's ultra high profile in Indy, we've had Silvestro, de Villota (RIP) and Wolff and Jorda (!) on F1 teams books, initiatives to encourage female participants, W series, female F1 team bosses and still in all honesty there's no real increase in the numbers of female drivers coming through .
-Stirling Moss

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:44 pm
So I've been doing this thread for what looks to be nearly 10 years. The depressing truth is that in that time period, there has been no significant increase in the number of women driving in higher levels. Going back to the first posts, you had Danica's ultra high profile in Indy, we've had Silvestro, de Villota (RIP) and Wolff and Jorda (!) on F1 teams books, initiatives to encourage female participants, W series, female F1 team bosses and still in all honesty there's no real increase in the numbers of female drivers coming through .
I'm interested to know why you find it depressing?

If this is indeed an indication that, despite all the attempts, women just simply do not share the natural inclination towards motorsport on the same scale as men, & are not being held back by some global misogynistic social structure that has zero evidence of existence outside of the fact that female participation rates are so low, then shouldn't this be celebrated & not mourned? Does it not show that women may actually indeed be pursuing careers & life paths through choice & not coercion? If this is the case, &, devoid of any new evidence, it seems to be the most logical conclusion to draw, then isn't it a good thing?
Only took 7 yrs, 5 mths & 21 days.

Cooper, Arrows, Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell, Minardi, McLaren, Sauber, Williams,

Remember the garagista's. The heart & soul of F1. They raced to race.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Jezza13 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:

If this is indeed an indication that, despite all the attempts, women just simply do not share the natural inclination towards motorsport on the same scale as men, & are not being held back by some global misogynistic social structure that has zero evidence of existence outside of the fact that female participation rates are so low, then shouldn't this be celebrated & not mourned? Does it not show that women may actually indeed be pursuing careers & life paths through choice & not coercion? If this is the case, &, devoid of any new evidence, it seems to be the most logical conclusion to draw, then isn't it a good thing?
Yeah I worded that poorly. Agree with your comments. The "depressed" part is just because I really want to see women in the top series. I just think it adds another level of interest. You could argue that the whole point of this debate is that it shouldn't make any difference because we shouldn't view them differently to the male drivers. But that's to deny a basic truth that we don't view the opposite sex the same way as our own. We should view them with equal respect and objectivity, but at a chemical level we do react differently. I also want it to happen just to end the debate of whether they can/can't do it!
-Stirling Moss

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:22 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:

Yeah I worded that poorly. Agree with your comments. The "depressed" part is just because I really want to see women in the top series. I just think it adds another level of interest. You could argue that the whole point of this debate is that it shouldn't make any difference because we shouldn't view them differently to the male drivers. But that's to deny a basic truth that we don't view the opposite sex the same way as our own. We should view them with equal respect and objectivity, but at a chemical level we do react differently. I also want it to happen just to end the debate of whether they can/can't do it!
Very good posts. I also wish that we had the next Mouton, but what can we do?

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Hailie Deegan, 19, currently placed 3rd in the ARCA Menards National championship (4th tier of Nascar) after 19 races, is to make her debut in the Gander Truck series (3rd tier) this month in Kansas

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:08 pm
Hailie Deegan, 19, currently placed 3rd in the ARCA Menards National championship (4th tier of Nascar) after 19 races, is to make her debut in the Gander Truck series (3rd tier) this month in Kansas
Thanks, added to the 1st page. I had intended to focus on single-seaters but there's really so few especially with W Series binned for the year.
-Stirling Moss

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Finally got some time to scout round the various series web sites. Look like as far 2020 goes in single seaters we have

British F4
Abbi Pulling (England)
Reema Juffali (Saudi)

Danish F4
Juju Noda (Japan)

Italian Formula 4
Amna Alqubaisi (Saudi)

Formula 3
Sophia Floersch (Germany)

SCCA Formula Enterprise
Sabre Cook (USA)

Spanish F4
Lena Buhler (Switzerland)

Super Formula
Tatiana Calderon (Columbia)

Formula Regional European Championship
Jamie Chadwick (England)
Last edited by DOLOMITE on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

The penultimate round of the Danish F4 championship scheduled for Padborg Park this weekend has been refused a public health license and been cancelled. Denmark is currently suffering a second wave of Covid-19 cases, amongst others the local police objected to the weekend.

There is one round left, at Jyllandsringen in a fortnight which clearly is also subject to potential cancellation.

It is unlikely therefore that JuJu Noda will race again this season.