My thoughts after first race
1) Definite "reality TV" angle at the start at least
2) Lack of experience in single-seaters of that performance was notable for many - and understandable
3) Not sure about commentator (didn't catch her name) yet but give it time
4) Chadwick at this stage look well ahead of the rest
5) Garcia could be one to watch
6) What was going on with Gilkes' accident where she t-boned Kimilainnen?
7) The 3 car liveries is confusing as they represent neither team nor driver.
They are swapping cars throughout the season!
Overall I enjoyed it more than I was expecting which was good. What I'm left with though is that once the flag drops, it's simply a one-make single seater race series. Outside of that though I still find it confusing as to what it's trying to be.
1) Reality TV series?
2) Legit racing series where winning drivers progress to bigger better things?
3) Showcase for female talent?
4) A PR to exercise to raise awareness amongst girls who may pick up on it and be more inclined to then go and have a go themselves?
5) Opportunity for drivers who otherwise wouldn't have one?
I'm leaning more towards 4 in which case I think it's good. But if it's 2/3 then it will be undermined if the successful drivers then don't progress any further. If it's 5 (as some words in the opening coverage suggested*) I'm not so convinced. They have all had some level of opportunity.
Anyway I'll definitely be watching it with interest.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".