Female Racing Drivers

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

typaH4okc wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Battle Far wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 pm
Irina Sidorkova placed 18th while Amna Al Qubaisi retired with collision damage in race 12 of the F3 Asia series, the race was won by Chovet further extending his lead in the championship.

Neither Sidorkova nor Al Qubaisi have recorded a lap time within 2s of the fastest in any of their 12 races, contrast their performance with that of 16 year debutant Alex Connor who recorded both 6th place and 6th fastest lap in his second ever F3 race. On this basis neither of these ladies are going much further in the sport.

Hamda Al Qubaisi on the other hand, with 4 race wins and 3 fastest laps from her 20 starts, would appear to be more competitive.
been thinking the same but that doesn't factor in the fact that Hamda is in F4 as opposed to F3 spec , and I don't know enough about the grids to the know the relative strength of the field. What are your thoughts? Would Hamda have got better results in F3 Asia than the other 2 managed do you think?
F3 competition is pretty stiff. Sidorkova is still only 17 so she has some time to improve. I'd say she can make it to F2 on merit, maybe around the level of Calderon, but that's about it me thinks.

Thanks for that. It's an interesting point. I always assume series like these are filled with 16/17 year olds fres out of karts but that's not always the case.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

typaH4okc
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by typaH4okc »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:50 am
typaH4okc wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Battle Far wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 pm
Irina Sidorkova placed 18th while Amna Al Qubaisi retired with collision damage in race 12 of the F3 Asia series, the race was won by Chovet further extending his lead in the championship.

Neither Sidorkova nor Al Qubaisi have recorded a lap time within 2s of the fastest in any of their 12 races, contrast their performance with that of 16 year debutant Alex Connor who recorded both 6th place and 6th fastest lap in his second ever F3 race. On this basis neither of these ladies are going much further in the sport.

Hamda Al Qubaisi on the other hand, with 4 race wins and 3 fastest laps from her 20 starts, would appear to be more competitive.
been thinking the same but that doesn't factor in the fact that Hamda is in F4 as opposed to F3 spec , and I don't know enough about the grids to the know the relative strength of the field. What are your thoughts? Would Hamda have got better results in F3 Asia than the other 2 managed do you think?
F3 competition is pretty stiff. Sidorkova is still only 17 so she has some time to improve. I'd say she can make it to F2 on merit, maybe around the level of Calderon, but that's about it me thinks.

Thanks for that. It's an interesting point. I always assume series like these are filled with 16/17 year olds fres out of karts but that's not always the case.
here is the list of drivers - https://www.f3asia.com/news/4421.html
Guanyu Zhou, Jehan Daruvala, Dino Beganovic, Roy Nissany. they're there for super license points I'm guessing.

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Dolo, the race winners in Asian F3 2021 come from 2020 F2 or FIA F3, the next rank includes a bunch of youngsters along with more F2 & FIA F3 drivers.

Dino Beganovic turned 17 in January,
3rd in Italian F4 in 2020
3 podiums in F3 Asia 2021
Average finish 3.5 from 6 finishes

Isack Hadjar is 16
3rd in French F4 in 2020, won 3 races
5 podiums in F3 Asia 2021
Average finish 6 from 8 finishes

Ayumu Iwasa is 19
1st in French F4 2020, won 8 races
1 podium in F3 Asia 2021
Average finish 9.5 from 10 finishes

And I maligned her, on checking Amna Al Qubaisi did record a best lap just 1.7s (sic) behind the fastest in one race.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Canadian Amber Balcaen racing in NASCAR as well but I can't figure out exactly which series, NASCAR covers so many.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Meanwhile not a great start for the ladies in ARCA Menards with collision for Grace Trotter, a retirement for Brittney Zamora and P18 for Toni Breidinger.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Amber Balcaen to race with Bill McAnally
Bill McAnally Racing has released the 40-race schedule for the inaugural BMR Drivers Academy, beginning March 26 at All American Speedway in Roseville and spanning five NASCAR National and Weekly Series tracks in California. The series encompasses 16 two-day events. Oval tracks in the program include All American Speedway, Irwindale Speedway in Irwindale and Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield. Road courses will feature Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma and Thunderhill Raceway near Willows.

The Academy season will culminate with opportunities in ARCA and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for race winners and series points leaders.

The first three signees for a planned roster of 14 full-time drivers have been confirmed as well. Cole Moore of Granite Bay, Calif., David Smith of Sidney, British Columbia, Canada, and Amber Balcaen of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada are set to join a roster of drivers that includes standouts from grassroots motorsports across North America.
Looks like this is an initiative run by McNally to give multiple drivers a race opportunity in closed entry races, kind of like Skip Barber school races.
Last edited by Battle Far on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Lena Buhler has become the first driver to take advantage of the FREC F3 championship concession to allow one team to run a 4th car in the series if driven by a female.

Buhler graduated from Swiss karting to race in Spanish F4 last year, her first in cars, where she finished 15th in the championship with top 10 race results.

She drives for R-ace GP who won the FREC championship twice in the past three years where she joins 5 time podium finisher in Asian F3 Isack Hadjar and 2019 French F4 champion Hadrien David who both represent strong benchmarks.

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Megan Gilkes will drive for Kevin Mills Racing in BRSCC National Formula Ford 1600 this year.

Gilkes, 2nd in Canada's FF1600 series, won the non championship W-Series race at Assen in 2019.

Last year she competed in the FF Festival placing 20th and raced to the final of Walter Hayes Trophy.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 am
Amber Balcaen to race with Bill McAnally
Bill McAnally Racing has released the 40-race schedule for the inaugural BMR Drivers Academy, beginning March 26 at All American Speedway in Roseville and spanning five NASCAR National and Weekly Series tracks in California. The series encompasses 16 two-day events. Oval tracks in the program include All American Speedway, Irwindale Speedway in Irwindale and Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield. Road courses will feature Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma and Thunderhill Raceway near Willows.

The Academy season will culminate with opportunities in ARCA and the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series for race winners and series points leaders.

The first three signees for a planned roster of 14 full-time drivers have been confirmed as well. Cole Moore of Granite Bay, Calif., David Smith of Sidney, British Columbia, Canada, and Amber Balcaen of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada are set to join a roster of drivers that includes standouts from grassroots motorsports across North America.
Looks like this is an initiative run by McNally to give multiple drivers a race opportunity in closed entry races, kind of like Skip Barber school races.
So this series is just for drivers within the academey as opposed to the fill NASCAR events?
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

pokerman
Posts: 37218
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by pokerman »

typaH4okc wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:48 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:50 am
typaH4okc wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:26 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Battle Far wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:24 pm
Irina Sidorkova placed 18th while Amna Al Qubaisi retired with collision damage in race 12 of the F3 Asia series, the race was won by Chovet further extending his lead in the championship.

Neither Sidorkova nor Al Qubaisi have recorded a lap time within 2s of the fastest in any of their 12 races, contrast their performance with that of 16 year debutant Alex Connor who recorded both 6th place and 6th fastest lap in his second ever F3 race. On this basis neither of these ladies are going much further in the sport.

Hamda Al Qubaisi on the other hand, with 4 race wins and 3 fastest laps from her 20 starts, would appear to be more competitive.
been thinking the same but that doesn't factor in the fact that Hamda is in F4 as opposed to F3 spec , and I don't know enough about the grids to the know the relative strength of the field. What are your thoughts? Would Hamda have got better results in F3 Asia than the other 2 managed do you think?
F3 competition is pretty stiff. Sidorkova is still only 17 so she has some time to improve. I'd say she can make it to F2 on merit, maybe around the level of Calderon, but that's about it me thinks.

Thanks for that. It's an interesting point. I always assume series like these are filled with 16/17 year olds fres out of karts but that's not always the case.
here is the list of drivers - https://www.f3asia.com/news/4421.html
Guanyu Zhou, Jehan Daruvala, Dino Beganovic, Roy Nissany. they're there for super license points I'm guessing.
Yep back door super license point for the more wealthy drivers. :thumbdown:
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 98 (1st)
Pole Positions: 100 (1st)
Podiums: 169 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

So, outside of W Series, looks like only 10 confirmed single-seat drives currently taken by female drivers. Still time yet for some more to be announced, but I wish Id kept a track of this since I started the thread to see if the numbers are on the increase. My gut feel is that they are not.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Tidied up Page 1 a bit , fixed some broken links.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Dolo

Couldn't find Maya Weug on page 1, shouldn't she be in the F4 section?

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Dolo

Couldn't find Maya Weug on page 1, shouldn't she be in the F4 section?
yes, but as far as I know they haven't confirmed exactly which series she will be competing in, do you know?
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:58 pm
Battle Far wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Dolo

Couldn't find Maya Weug on page 1, shouldn't she be in the F4 section?
yes, but as far as I know they haven't confirmed exactly which series she will be competing in, do you know?
No, but it will be F4 - probably Italy or ADAC (or both where no conflict and as others have committed)
Last edited by Battle Far on Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Irina Sidorkova finished 14th & Amna Al Qubaisi 16th (and last finisher) in round 13 of the F3 Asia series at Yas Marina.

The race was won by Pasma from Zhou who closed the gap in the championship to Chovet (6th) to 22pts with 2 races to go.

Zhou also recorded fastest lap which gives him pole position for race 14 in which Chovet starts from 8th.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:22 pm
DOLOMITE wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:58 pm
Battle Far wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Dolo

Couldn't find Maya Weug on page 1, shouldn't she be in the F4 section?
yes, but as far as I know they haven't confirmed exactly which series she will be competing in, do you know?
No, but it will be F4 - probably Italy or ADAC (or both where no conflict and as others have committed)
Yeah they've said F4 but not which series, I've added her as tbc for now.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Irina Sidorkova came 12th in Race 14 of the F3 Asia series at Yas Marina while Amna Al Qubaisi retired. Pasma won from Guangyu (I always forget that chinese names have the surname first) while championship leader Chovet crashed out on lap 1.

Heading to the final round Guangyu (on pole) leads Chovet (6th) by 1pt in the championship

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Amna Al Qubaisi finished 16th with Irina Sidorkova 17th (some 9s behind after an on track incident), both girls failed to record a lap within 2s of of the winner.

Gunagyu won the race and the championship as Chovet, who finished 5th, got stuck behind Stanek who he was reluctant to challenge as it was the race 14 collision with Stanek which caused his retirement and loss of the championship lead.

Frankly, the racing at Yas Marina was more boringly processional than a typical F1 race, as overtaking appeared pretty impossible, even if the car behind was more than 1s faster per lap.

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Reema Juffali (29) is to join Douglas Motorsport for a British F3 campaign in 2021.

Saudi Arabian Reema, who raced in British F4 for the past 2 seasons with a best finish of 8th, also competed in the one make Jaguar iPace series.

She may not be the fastest driver in the field but don't under estimate the significance, after all, it's only a few years ago that Saudi women were allowed to legally drive at all,

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:38 am
Reema Juffali (29) is to join Douglas Motorsport for a British F3 campaign in 2021.

Saudi Arabian Reema, who raced in British F4 for the past 2 seasons with a best finish of 8th, also competed in the one make Jaguar iPace series.

She may not be the fastest driver in the field but don't under estimate the significance, after all, it's only a few years ago that Saudi women were allowed to legally drive at all,
wow, didn't see that one coming , I thought she's picked up a Formula E seat!

I've watched a few interviews with her, she's great, but I think British F3 will be tough based on what's she's achieved so far. She was pretty much last of the full-time runners in F4 UAE.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

User avatar
Exediron
Posts: 8777
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Exediron »

This may have been covered somewhere, but does anyone know a breakdown of the female drivers racing in Extreme E and what their career achievements have been like? I'm familiar with some of them (Jamie Chadwick and Molly Taylor) but I've never heard of the rest.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 20 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Exediron wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:53 pm
This may have been covered somewhere, but does anyone know a breakdown of the female drivers racing in Extreme E and what their career achievements have been like? I'm familiar with some of them (Jamie Chadwick and Molly Taylor) but I've never heard of the rest.
The confirmed ones are on Page 1 of the thread but for bio's

https://www.extreme-e.com/en/teams

then click the Team Info link

Who do you think has the strongest line up?
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

I like Acciona (Laia Sanz & Carlos Sainz), Carlos the Elder needs no intro, what he might have lost in age he makes up for with experience while Laia has 18 (yup Eighteen, eat my dust Lewis) World Championships to her name, albeit in Bike Trials & Enduros

Dark horse could be Andretti United (Catie Munnings & Timmy Hansen), Timmy is seriously quick in Rallycross having won the FIA world title in 2019 while Cummings is no mug having multiple stage wins in European junior & ladies rallying and made her WRC debut last year

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Agreed the Sainz/Sanz line up looks strong. You'd have to be an idiot to write Loeb off on anything with wheels. Buttons teammate still to be confirmed.

Munnings scrubs OK for a rally driver:

Image

BBC looks to be streaming Extreme E in iPlayer, I'm def going to check it out. The car/location combination should be a visual treat.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Dolo, understated as ever...

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Chadwick staying on with Williams as Development Driver.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

pokerman
Posts: 37218
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by pokerman »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:26 am
Chadwick staying on with Williams as Development Driver.
I guess due reward for finishing 9th in FREC while driving for the best team.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 98 (1st)
Pole Positions: 100 (1st)
Podiums: 169 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Chloe Chambers to F4 US.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Finally announced Abi Pulling back in British F4 for 2021.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Edited because Dolo beat me to it :-(

There was a rumour circulating that Abbi had obtained backing for a move to Eurofomula (F3), clearly that didn't happen.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 am
Edited because Dolo beat me to it :-(

There was a rumour circulating that Abbi had obtained backing for a move to Eurofomula (F3), clearly that didn't happen.
She's still young (18?) so I think another year in F4 is a a good call.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

mikeyg123
Posts: 19077
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by mikeyg123 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:52 am
Battle Far wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:53 am
Edited because Dolo beat me to it :-(

There was a rumour circulating that Abbi had obtained backing for a move to Eurofomula (F3), clearly that didn't happen.
She's still young (18?) so I think another year in F4 is a a good call.
Yes, I think part of the problem that young female drivers have is that when any of them show any potentially they are almost over backed and raced through the divisions to quickly and thus are always at the back. Much better to let them develop and find their level.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Yeah an unsuccessful year in F3 would could kill her career (outside of W Series) so a lower-profile skill building year in F4 is probably better. Hope she does well.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

DOLOMITE wrote:She's still young (18?) so I think another year in F4 is a a good call.
She's 17 and it turns out she tested a FREC F3 car in Spain in February getting down to very competitive times.

She may well benefit from another year in F4 but I suspect the reason the F3 opportunity didn't happen was more about money than ability/career choices, Abbi's family does not have endless financial resources.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Hamda Al Qubaisi to Italian F4
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am
Hamda Al Qubaisi to Italian F4
But with Prema no less, no excuses now

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Battle Far wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:30 am
DOLOMITE wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:26 am
Hamda Al Qubaisi to Italian F4
But with Prema no less, no excuses now
yeah nowhere to hide and I would imagine that the field will be a bit tougher as well, so good car, strong competition, should be interesting.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by Battle Far »

Hamda Al Qubaisi & Toni Kayla Naude recorded the 11th & 23rd fastest times in the official Italian F4 championship test at Paul Ricard held over the past 2 days.

Al Qubaisi was 0.5s slower than Prema team mate Kiril Smal who she raced regularly in the Asian F4 series last month and 0.003s faster than another team mate, Conrad Laursen, winner of the Danish F4 championship last year.

Fresh out of Karts & the FIA #girlsontrack competition Naude (15) and in her first year in cars was some 1.7s slower than Al Qubaisi driving for AS Motorsport having recently tested for 2 days at Vallelunga & 2 days at Monza. She will contest the Italian and ADAC F4 championships.

Fastest lap was recorded by yet another Prema driver, Sebastien Montoya, son of Juan Pablo.

User avatar
DOLOMITE
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:07 am

Re: Female Racing Drivers

Post by DOLOMITE »

Thanks for the heads-up on Toni Naudé , looks like just a test/try-out for now but one to watch.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Post Reply