Official 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Nxet_DK

Official 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix thread

Post by Nxet_DK »

I thought we could use this thread to discuss the Bahrain Grand Prix indcluding pactices, qualifying and race etc.

Lets race! :)

speedster_sid

Re: Official 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix thread

Post by speedster_sid »

FP underway..

speedster_sid

Post by speedster_sid »

Finally a laptime...

speedster_sid

Post by speedster_sid »

Just two laps and the track temperature has already gone up...This is going to be one hot Grand Prix...

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

Pretty uneventful first practice with not a great deal to take from it. Hopefully more action in practice 2.
If...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

That Ferrari looks worse than it has in the first three races (obviously not Malaysia though), Alonso constantly making big adjustments with the wheel, granted he was using a older set of tires but still looked a handful.
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

F1_Bird

Post by F1_Bird »

Not many people in the grandstands for FP1. Wonder what quali and the race will be like? 8O

The_Fish

Post by The_Fish »

BBC Sport's chief F1 writer Andrew Benson:
- BREAKING NEWS
"I'm hearing from reliable sources that Force India are going to skip second practice because their staff are refusing to travel in the dark - hence running soft tyres now. Force India say they 'wouldn't want to comment on that' for now."

That's not ideal for the organisers.

nexus

Post by nexus »

andrewbensonf1 Re Force India and FP2 - I'm told Ecclestone and the Bahrainis want to avoid the embarrassment, so expect negotiations between now and FP2

nobleF1 Force India firm 'no comment' on speculation it may withdraw from FP2, but looks like discussions are taking place right now.

jamesallenonf1 Body language at Force India suggests something's up. Will they miss FP2? Quite a bit of pressure not to. Situation ongoing

The_Fish

Post by The_Fish »

You can't blame them really. The people who have been caught up in it know they came close to death - they don't want to risk it needlessly again.

Schuttelberg

Post by Schuttelberg »

I have a very strong feeling that this will be a McLaren weekend, challenged at best, by the RedBull's. I don't get practice coverage here in India, but I saw a few stills of the Mercedes, and it really seems to be munching those tires. Not a good sign if you're a Mercedes fan, but then, I read a bit about Ferrari's troubles and realized life isn't so bad, yet.

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

Niels M

Post by Niels M »

Force India confirm they will start FP2 but not finish it so they can go back to hotel in daylight #BBCF1 @andrewbensonf1

ozrevhead

Post by ozrevhead »

The_Fish wrote:
- BREAKING NEWS
"I'm hearing from reliable sources that Force India are going to skip second practice because their staff are refusing to travel in the dark - hence running soft tyres now. Force India say they 'wouldn't want to comment on that' for now."

I dont really give a **** about them or Bernie quite frankly

Sad thing to be so scared that you have to do that :(

The_Fish

Post by The_Fish »

ozrevhead wrote:
The_Fish wrote:
- BREAKING NEWS

I dont really give a **** about them or Bernie quite frankly

Sad thing to be so scared that you have to do that :(

I never said I think they shouldn't do it or that I care about the organisers.

I think FI are doing the right thing.

remster2

Post by remster2 »

BBC: 17 MPs have signed a motion to call off the GP

SDLRob

Post by SDLRob »

Bit late by the MPs isn't it?

Have to wonder if FI will only pull a couple of laps in Q1 tomorrow, which will mean they Qualify in the 107% (or purposely not) and not make the cut to Q2, meanign they can leave the track early tomorrow.... then on Sunday take part in the Parade Lap, then park the cars in the pits (ala the USGP FUBAR with the michelin cars)
[Space for rent]

matzy

Post by matzy »

Dr Lee wrote:Bit late by the MPs isn't it?

Yes indeed ... Actually, I was surprised there wasn't more of an issue made about the Bahrain GP leading up to the race.

SDLRob

Post by SDLRob »

matzy wrote:
Dr Lee wrote:Bit late by the MPs isn't it?

Yes indeed ... Actually, I was surprised there wasn't more of an issue made about the Bahrain GP leading up to the race.

they've been on holiday... :thumbdown:
[Space for rent]

SDLRob

Post by SDLRob »

From the Sky News Political Correspondent's personal twitter account -

PM's spokeswoman on Bahrain: "It's not for Gvt to dictate what sporting events should or should not happen"
[Space for rent]

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

Its being said force india is not going to take part in this practice 8O

ozrevhead

Post by ozrevhead »

I wonder what will happen with force India will do race day?

speedster_sid

Post by speedster_sid »

It looks to be between Mclaren and Red Bull and vettel does look to be back on pace here..

schumi7

Post by schumi7 »

Vettel just went quickest. Merc look strong in S1 and S3, but 2 tenths off in S2.
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Ciao Jules

mac_d

Post by mac_d »

BBC are saying on their text updates for practise (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17770630) the following:

BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan in Bahrain on Twitter: "F1 team Sauber also involved in an incident here in Bahrain last night."

I'm ignorant to most of the troubles, and I leant toward the side of not going to Bahrain because it is political, even if F1 itself is not the Grand Prix in Bahrain is. If the teams are being targetted this is bad. If the teams are not being targetted, it's worse (the situation for the people). I'm really beginning to think this is a mistake.

That said, I will watch the race anyway.

Rosberg, Schumi and Webber all within 7 thousanths, I really hope the field is bunched together like China, made the end pretty damn entertaining,.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

remster2 wrote:BBC: 17 MPs have signed a motion to call off the GP

what's got to do with them? It's not even in the UK.

remster2

Post by remster2 »

mac_d wrote:BBC are saying on their text updates for practise (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17770630) the following:

BBC sports news correspondent Dan Roan in Bahrain on Twitter: "F1 team Sauber also involved in an incident here in Bahrain last night."

I'm ignorant to most of the troubles, and I leant toward the side of not going to Bahrain because it is political, even if F1 itself is not the Grand Prix in Bahrain is. If the teams are being targetted this is bad. If the teams are not being targetted, it's worse (the situation for the people). I'm really beginning to think this is a mistake.

That said, I will watch the race anyway.

Rosberg, Schumi and Webber all within 7 thousanths, I really hope the field is bunched together like China, made the end pretty damn entertaining,.

Yep, Sauber statement confirms a minibus full of mechanics last night came across a burning fire in the middle of the road and masked people.

mac_d

Post by mac_d »

remster2 wrote:
Yep, Sauber statement confirms a minibus full of mechanics last night came across a burning fire in the middle of the road and masked people.

For those who want the statement: BREAKING NEWS

Sauber have released this statement: "Yesterday (Thursday) night at 2030 (local time) a minibus of the Sauber F1 Team had left the circuit to go back to the Novotel in Manama. At 2050 (local time) the 12 mechanics being on that bus noticed fire on the medial strip of the highway. The traffic was slow, cars had their hazard flashers on. On the opposite lane there was no traffic. The team members saw a few masked people running from there over to their lane where a bottle was burning as well. The mini bus moved to the very right side of the highway and went passed the situation. No one from the Sauber F1 Team was hurt."

On BBC live update service, probably elsewhere too.

pitstop

Post by pitstop »

Omg, the Sauber team as well 8O

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

Surely the Sauber team just drove past a group of Pikey's who had set up camp for the night :lol:
If...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

PzR Slim wrote:Surely the Sauber team just drove past a group of Pikey's who had set up camp for the night :lol:

:lol:
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Apparently Bernie is shortly going to make a statement to the press from Bahrain (on 5 live).

Cheers

Formula1Fan.

Post by Formula1Fan. »

The Crown Prince of Bahrain tells BBC Sport: "I absolutely can guarantee that any problems that may or may not happen are not directed at Formula 1."

how reassuring :?
Last edited by Formula1Fan. on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa

spooky

Post by spooky »

Biffa wrote:Apparently Bernie is shortly going to make a statement to the press from Bahrain (on 5 live).

Cheers

I have leaked documentation for the speech he will make....

"good afternon people. I am a dick. That is all"

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

Is this proof that we definitely shouldn't be there?

Bahrain Crown Prince insists the race should go on. "It is a very big event for this country, it is important politically & socially"
If...

pitstop

Post by pitstop »

Andrew Benson‏@andrewbensonf1
Bernie Ecclestone: "Nothing to do with us what happens in this country, we have people in our country who don’t agree, that’s how world is"

wow, Bernie and his insightful input

sgt.hartman

Post by sgt.hartman »

pitstop wrote:
Andrew Benson‏@andrewbensonf1
Bernie Ecclestone: "Nothing to do with us what happens in this country, we have people in our country who don’t agree, that’s how world is"

wow, Bernie and his insightful input

I think a lot of people misunderstand Bernie. I'm sure the way he sees it, he has no obligation to explain things to the media. When he wants to make an announcement, he's often very forthcoming.
PLAY A RECORD KARL COS I'M GUNNA KNOCK YOU OUT!!!

Nxet_DK

Post by Nxet_DK »

Mercedes seems to be a competitive team this year. Their car looks like a good qualifying car which will surely give them more podiums in the coming season. However, I am not sure if they will do good in the final race in Bahrain, due to the fact that their car is wearing the tyres. And with the high temperature in Bahrain which is located in a dessert, they will properly be struggling
Last edited by Nxet_DK on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schumi7

Post by schumi7 »

Formula1Fan. wrote:
The Crown Prince of Bahrain tells BBC Sport: "I absolutely can guarantee that any problems that may or may not happen are not directed at Formula 1."

Wow thank God for that :uhoh:
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Ciao Jules

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

I think Merc will be okay actually, before i said that their tyre wear will be bad, but actually i dont think their wear will be any worse than any others

After 10 laps on the options Alonso's tyres were dead, so don't really see how Merc could be any worse, and they have a lot of speed by the looks of it i reckon, i reckon pole #2 for Rosberg on saturday, really don't know about the race though, think it could be win #2 as well if i'm honest

Schuttelberg

Post by Schuttelberg »

Schumacher more than a second off Rosberg. :frown:

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion