What did Vettel say on the radio after the race?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
tylerzaath

What did Vettel say on the radio after the race?

Post by tylerzaath »

I have seen a few mentions of Vettel getting worked up at the team over the radio after the race. Does anybody know what he said or was this just heresay?

ainscowpaul

Re: What did Vettel say on the radio after the race?

Post by ainscowpaul »

Ive only heard a small amount of it, but he complained that their speed was terrible, cars were pulling away on the straight, and he finished with 'its absolutely ridiculous guys'.

His attitude is terrible when he isnt winning

bob_1001

Post by bob_1001 »

Here's what he said (from Sky Sports):

Vettel wrote: "Shame [about the] last five laps, I had nothing left in the tyres. And we had absolutely no straight-line speed whatsoever the whole race. Unbelievable. People pulling away...ridiculous."

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Is it really any worse than Buttons "I've got know front grip!!!" or Alonso's "I give up" or Hamilton's "This is a terrible strategy" Or Barrichello's "bla bla bla"?

Schuttelberg

Post by Schuttelberg »

mikeyg123 wrote:Is it really any worse than Buttons "I've got know front grip!!!" or Alonso's "I give up" or Hamilton's "This is a terrible strategy" Or Barrichello's "bla bla bla"?

It's just a Sebastian Vettel bash. Enjoy!

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

davidb23

Post by davidb23 »

Not sure why he expected the tyres to be any better at the end, you can't do one stop less than most others and expect them to be in a similar condition! Might have a point with the straight line speed though. Unless it's a fundamental weakness of the car that they can't unplug enough df/drag to achieve it. In which case he should just man up and wait for the higher df tracks.

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

mikeyg123 wrote:Is it really any worse than Buttons "I've got know front grip!!!" or Alonso's "I give up" or Hamilton's "This is a terrible strategy" Or Barrichello's "bla bla bla"?

It is when the facts prove that he was one of the quickest at the three timing places and at the speed trap he was not really that far down on the rest of the field. Only five drivers were more than 2km/h quicker than him and the podium sitters were .9, .7 & .4 km/h quicker than him respectively. Seb seems to always look to blame others when he doesn't perform to a standard that is acceptable to him.

Where was the, 'Sorry guys I got a terrible start, but with your good strategy calls I was able to drive a good race and maximise our result.'?

Look at Schumacher, he did really have something to blame the team for but instead he said he'd be giving the offending mechanic a hug.
If...

Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

When Vettel wins due to 95% being the car doing all the work the index finger to the worlds press comes out.

When he loses he goes straight to the garage and the middle finger comes out to his mechanics.

Either way 1 of his fingers will make an apperance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMz69lVUYk
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

In contrast this man is all class. Look how he treats his team after an engine blow up. Or a pit mistake as he said yesterday
He is ruthless in his driving but he is respectfull and pre class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrrH0VTqnUU
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

Seanie

Post by Seanie »

He's still a young driver, this is his first year where he's not been winning (excluding the climb up through torro rosso) so he's not had to deal with chasing the pack as much as say, Button, Rosberg, Alonso has.

It'll be whether he can get over it and do the best with what he has or just publicly bitch and sulk about it .......
Warning: The above post may contain sarcasm.

domdonald

Post by domdonald »

yeah, I thought his comments on the radio were bad form. Yes, I've heard other drivers complain.. but questioning a strategy call in the face of facts is a bit different than a blanket blaming of the team for being "ridiculous". What is ridiculous is qualifying lower than his team-mate, making a bad start and blaming the team despite them gifting him 5 places through good strategy calls (according to Vettel's post-race interviews, he didn't think there was much overtaking in the race!).

He really is a sore "loser".. worse than I thought he'd be. It's funnier that Webber is out-qualifying and beating him and that Adrian Newey is suddenly not such a genius after all :)

Johnston

Post by Johnston »

Things like front grip are relaying info to the team. He is their link from the car to them what the car physically feels like.

They can take that info and look at the telemetry and decide on things like different tyre pressures adjust the wing etc at the next stop.

The give up by Alonso I reckoned was a bluff on the hope it would be broadcast. Mainly because he kept posting good times.

If the strategy nerfed him I would understand his whinging but the strategy IMO saved his bacon or the car was genuinely slower but the stats say different.

I reckon his speed thing comes from the fact that was really the first time he's had to really defend from DRS, he's just realising what everyone else did last year.

As a point of comparision look at Webber last year a few times the car didn't have enough, think it was in Abu against Jensen and Korea with Lewis. No bitching about the car not being fast enough their.
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

whoelse

Post by whoelse »

People forget how young he still is. I think most of Vettels apparent attitude is to do with his age, which fuels his frustration of not being in the fastest car after taking all those wins for the last two seasons in a dominant car.

lonix2011

Post by lonix2011 »

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Considering we have seen enough threads about everyone in that post I think its fair to have Vettel involved as well.

Button actually gives back feedback though as stated by Maca, if there is anything even slightly wrong with the car he will say it over radio. Even just a vibration which he had back in Australia, big difference to a cry about how bad the car was.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Nothing will ever beat the "blah blah blah"!

Petrov's outburst last season could be a close 2nd in terms of stupidity.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

cmax

Post by cmax »

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

I am amazed with the forum lately that anyone who is not doing well is attacked. Last year it was Hamilton
and now its Vettel's turn. Poor guy.

Leen26

Post by Leen26 »

Or Kimi's "where's the rain?!" :lol: :lol:
Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

fieldstvl

Post by fieldstvl »

Human being in getting-irritated-when-things-don't-go-his-own-way shocker!

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

cmax wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

I am amazed with the forum lately that anyone who is not doing well is attacked. Last year it was Hamilton
and now its Vettel's turn. Poor guy.

Rubbish, he's had it for what... 2 races? Hamilton had it for pretty much a whole Season, everywhere too, off track he was constantly questioned about his mistakes, on track he was blamed for everything, e.g. Some blamed him for the Maldonado incident in Spa

Poor Vettel, loses his rag with someone, both cases were his own fault and he had a go at his team even though if it weren't for their decisions he would have finished about 8th at best

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Relax people. This is what he said after his poor quali:

"After qualifying 11th the Red Bull driver said: "I don't want to blame the result on [car] packaging.
"Mark was faster, full stop. I was convinced on the current package."

To some people's surprise, yes, he can own up to him being worse than his team-mate.

He just gets frustrated like everyone. He is human afterall

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

SchumieRules wrote:Relax people. This is what he said after his poor quali:

"After qualifying 11th the Red Bull driver said: "I don't want to blame the result on [car] packaging.

To some people's surprise, yes, he can own up to him being worse than his team-mate.

didn't he also say that he made no mistakes the car just wasn't quick enough? or something like that

Formula1Fan.

Post by Formula1Fan. »

whoelse wrote:People forget how young he still is. I think most of Vettels apparent attitude is to do with his age, which fuels his frustration of not being in the fastest car after taking all those wins for the last two seasons in a dominant car.

I think any attitude (and it's not that bad) he has comes from Red Bull making him No.1 driver so early in his career. They have treated him like the golden boy, given him preference over a much more experienced driver and the two WDC wins will also have fed into his ego and sense of entitlement. In time he will learn and accept that he won't always be in the fastest car and some seasons will not even pick up a single win. C'est la vie.
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa

the incubus

Post by the incubus »

FormulaFun wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:Relax people. This is what he said after his poor quali:

didn't he also say that he made no mistakes the car just wasn't quick enough? or something like that

I don't see anything wrong in saying the car just wasn't quick enough.

Remember, that although the cars are made using identical parts, every chassis will vary slightly. Even the slightest variance can make a car noticeably slower and the driver will feel it. For instance, a month or so back I was running at a local Karting event and I was easily one of the best 3 in the field during practice. However, in the first heat race my car was sliding considerably more and as a result I spun it twice ensuring I would start outside the top 3 positions. When I went to the pits to see what the issue was I couldn't find anything and after breaking our heads for a good 10 minutes, it finally hit me to check the tire pressures. Wouldn't you know my Brother-In-Law (my teammate) mistakenly put his wheels and tires on my chassis and his Chassis is at its best when the tires are just under 13psi whereas my chassis hooks up best with hair over 12psi. We quickly dropped the pressure to the correct PSI just before the next heat race and instantly my car felt like it was glued to the track and as a result I came in first place by almost 4 seconds.

There are so many things that factor into the equation and Vettel may have felt a considerable lack in performance when trying to whip his car arounds the turns. As for the straight line speed, the Red Bull was dominating the last year and a half despite being one of the slowest cars through the speed trap. Their advantage was completely in the technical sections of the track because their car offered superior grip for Vettel's driving style. That same setup wasn't as comfortable for Webber and he subsequently suffered with much poorer results. Now the feel of the car suits Mark's tastes and we're seeing him best Vettel consistently the first 3 events of the year.

Vettel's advantage in all of this is his age. He's young enough and for his sake, hopefully good enough to adapt to the car to at least get up to speed with his teammate. The last time they were faced with this scenario, the team backed Vettel after his ill advised maneuver where he crashed into Mark, and from there, in an unprecedented move, the team began to support Vettel over Webber who was leading the championship. I fear for Mark that if Vettel finds form in this new car, the team simply shift all support away from Mark. It was a terrible thing to witness in 2010 and would be even worse if they did that again to Mark this year. That would be enough for me to never wish the team any success.
Second place is the first loser!

DangerMouse11

Post by DangerMouse11 »

DangerMouse™ Inappropriate post removed®

the incubus

Post by the incubus »

^^^ LOL!!
Second place is the first loser!

raceman

Post by raceman »

Uhh guys...we saw in 2010 that Vettel is pretty petulant when he doesn't win. This is nothing new.

flavio81

Post by flavio81 »

PzR Slim wrote:Look at Schumacher, he did really have something to blame the team for but instead he said he'd be giving the offending mechanic a hug.

+2 for Schumi !

Hakkattack

Post by Hakkattack »

quite right

I swear it does not matter what Alonso ever says, he is simply loved...

mac_d

Post by mac_d »

The Alonso one is a different. I actually believe it was him playing a game outside the car.

Anyway, driver's get angry when **** goes wrong. Like the middle finger thing it's all heat of the moment thing. If he comes out after the race and is trash talking them in the press etc, that's the real bad thing.

infi24r

Post by infi24r »

Seb only has himself to blame. Marks Q2 time was top of the charts and ultimately would have been good enough for a front row start.

thehabsonice

Post by thehabsonice »

very very well put mate!

pear-shaped pete

Post by pear-shaped pete »

DangerMouse11 wrote:Image

....................................................... TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS TOYS

chucked them all out of the pram.....

Not really, I think he's been ok, ... couldn't help myself though

pear-shaped pete

Venomal

Post by Venomal »

DangerMouseF1 saved me some time to lookup a Gif :D

Once Mark masters the new exhaust and the latest upgrades .... Seb will improve by simply copying his track settings..
Its down to who can fine tune the car in FP1/2/3...this year, and by the looks of it..mark's doing a good job.
--Veno--