Rosberg 1st ever P1 Qualifying

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Peter77

Rosberg 1st ever P1 Qualifying

Post by Peter77 »

Congrats to rosberg and his first P1 Qualifying position. Dam he nailed that time half a second quicker than anybody.
Im thinking though in the race he wont have that much advantage. Is the W duct what is giving them such an advantage in qualifying as you can use the DRS throughout the lap. Well shall see tomorrow. He is such a happy humble guy he definately deserves hes first win.
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

cmax

Re: Rosberg 1st ever P1 Qualifying

Post by cmax »

Peter77 wrote:Congrats to rosberg and his first P1 Qualifying position. Dam he nailed that time half a second quicker than anybody.
Im thinking though in the race he wont have that much advantage. Is the W duct what is giving them such an advantage in qualifying as you can use the DRS throughout the lap. Well shall see tomorrow. He is such a happy humble guy he definately deserves hes first win.

Yes many congrtulations to Nico, what an amazing lap.

PS: The forever 7th thread should be removed 8) .

Xasthur

Post by Xasthur »

an amazing lap, totally deserved it. i think they swapped the bonus straight line speed they have for extra downforce which has given them the performance boost they needed.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Yup well done, that could be the best lap he's ever driven. If it's cool tomorrow I believe he has a genuine chance for also his first win.

phazblade

Post by phazblade »

cmax wrote:PS: The forever 7th thread should be removed 8) .

Nah, lets leave it for time being.

It should be an epic seeing how Rosberg manages to race a Pole Position to a 14th place ;)
I'm not slowing down for Nico ........

specdecible

Post by specdecible »

It's a good day to be a Rosberg fan, but I feel tomorrow it won't be.
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

mac_d

Post by mac_d »

Very good performance from him. Kobi in 3rd now too. Tomorrow will be interesting.

M.Nader -DODZ-

Post by M.Nader -DODZ- »

mac_d wrote:Very good performance from him. Kobi in 3rd now too. Tomorrow will be interesting.

I am usually scared by Kobi :D, Hamilton may end up in front after the first corner if Kobi gets his way :D

GB-fan

Post by GB-fan »

Very pleased for Rosberg - that was a belting lap...

Looks like a great race tommorrow...

All the ingredients are there for excitement - fast cars further back and out of place, Mercedes being a potential tyre eater, Kobi near the front, Vettel tiddled off, Lewis fired up...

Can't wait!

FaceLOL

Post by FaceLOL »

Damn, I was rooting for him to be 7th. But when I saw his time pop up I was like "uh oh, there better be a penalty for him". Anyway, congrats to him, too bad for me and my thread. :(

Volantary

Post by Volantary »

His lap was something else, I think they were a bit unfair on sky calling it a "decent benchmark". Croft did try to accelerate it to a "thronemark" or something silly like that but neither of them seemed to clock how quick it was until everyone else did their laps.

Same with Kobayashi popping up into 4th, hardly got a mention.
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

That was a long time coming; having scored fastest lap in his very first Grand Prix. I hope his first win may come soon too, though I have this feeling his team isn't really behind him.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi