Ferrari team orders? ;)

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
DeeSee2

Ferrari team orders? ;)

Post by DeeSee2 »

Do you think Perez was told to slow down? I mean who delivers engines to Sauber? ;)

Jayman

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

Post by Jayman »

Alonso is faster than you!

Seriously though. Looked like a genuine mistake.

Fat Albert

Post by Fat Albert »

Is there a person on this planet who thinks there weren't INTER team orders?
Sebastien Vettel, the youngest driver ever to have the fastest car in F1 for four consecutive years

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

Perez went wide and risked spinning out or damaging his car. That's not how you give a race to someone if you want to do it on purpose.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

Yes they did. Exactly how McLaren told Vettel to spin last year in Canada. Really.
Apparently religious people didn't like my signature, hah! Don't read it if you are so offended by it.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

diego

Post by diego »

That was DEF an engine supplyee team order! Perez should be the winner today!

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Ferrari haters are pathetic. Fact.
eeee

Volantary

Post by Volantary »

I think delivering the message made his head drop, he was faultless before that and after.
Official Kamui Kobayashi Fanboy

kilik2010

Post by kilik2010 »

Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it?

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

kilik2010 wrote:Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it?

What some of us failed to hear over the radio was the bit when he was told to do it to ensure they let Ferrari win.....

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

kilik2010 wrote:Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it?

Yes you were.

He was told that Sauber would "like the points for second place".
Apparently religious people didn't like my signature, hah! Don't read it if you are so offended by it.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

Looked like team orders for me...

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

Asphalt_World wrote:

What some of us failed to hear over the radio was the bit when he was told to do it to ensure they let Ferrari win.....

I think thats the only thing we can conclude with what was said...he had the fuel and the tires and the speed, why not go for it? Team orders IMO

kilik2010

Post by kilik2010 »

ofcourse it was team orders. He was told over the radio, Ferrari pressured them

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

I think thats the only thing we can conclude with what was said...he had the fuel and the tires and the speed, why not go for it? Team orders IMO

Wrong. Thats the only thing Ferrari haters can conclude. Others, even none Ferrari fans can conclude very differently.

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Was I watching a different race? Perez was banging in fastest sectors before and after the mistake. Why do you say that he wasn't going for it?

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

Asphalt_World wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Wrong. Thats the only thing Ferrari haters can conclude. Others, even none Ferrari fans can conclude very differently.

So what is your conclusion?

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

sultanofhyd wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Was I watching a different race? Perez was banging in fastest sectors before and after the mistake. Why do you say that he wasn't going for it?

He wasnt going for it cuz the team told him to, I bet he made the mistake cuz he gut distracted by this

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

So what is your conclusion?

That a second place for Sauber is incredibly valuable from the point of view of sponsorship coverage and possible prize money come the end of the season.

I repeat yet again, if Perez wanted to drop back from FA on purpose then why dis he risk finishing the race at all by running wide? Answer that.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

sultanofhyd wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Beacuse he could pull off a "Maldonado" during last lap and crash from very good position in race.
eeee

stiesfro

Post by stiesfro »

Yes. Because when you're told not to overtake the car in front and just take a safe 2nd place, you drive over the slippery white line and almost hit the gravel trap. It's so obvious.

RLKD

Post by RLKD »

This threat is pathetic.

kimisdabest

Post by kimisdabest »

Asphalt_World wrote:
That a second place for Sauber is incredibly valuable from the point of view of sponsorship coverage and possible prize money come the end of the season.

I repeat yet again, if Perez wanted to drop back from FA on purpose then why dis he risk finishing the race at all by running wide? Answer that.

He wanted not to be so close to Fernando thats why he made the mistake, then the time sheet comes out im gonna check his partials before the mistake

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

kimisdabest wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

He wasnt going for it cuz the team told him to, I bet he made the mistake cuz he gut distracted by this

Define "not going for it". For me atleast it is not banging in fastest laps 1 second faster than everyone else, to me that means he had thrown caution to the wind. He might have made a mistake because he might have got distracted, but the message could also have been that his tyres were fine, but in the end, he made a mistake.

He continued lapping a second faster than Alonso after the mistake, so how wasn't he "going for it"?

AFCTUJacko

Post by AFCTUJacko »

I do think it played a part. Engine suppliers plus Perez essentially being a Ferrari driver....how can it not.

However I don't think Perez would go wide where he did (he ended up 3 feet from the gravel trap) to gift Ferrari the win. That would be the exact opposite of playing safe and maintaining 2nd.

He MIGHT have turned the engine down and held position had he been right on Alonsos gearbox in the final 3 laps. But we will never actually know because he made a mistake.
Last edited by AFCTUJacko on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me alone.....I know what I'm doing

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

He wanted not to be so close to Fernando thats why he made the mistake, then the time sheet comes out im gonna check his partials before the mistake

Enzo Ferrari used time machine and told Peter Sauber to slow Perez down. :proud: :thumbup:
eeee

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

dizlexik wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

Beacuse he could pull off a "Maldonado" during last lap and crash from very good position in race.

I think you are quoting the wrong person?

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

How sad :lol:

Going slower made the car slide out wide. Yeah that happens all the time.

Don't forget that Hamilton clearly worked out he was not going to catch the 2 in front so will have backed off a little to ensure a safe finish yet he managed this without the slower speeds causing him to run wide :lol: :lol: :lol:

sultanofhyd

Post by sultanofhyd »

AFCTUJacko wrote:I do think it played a part. Engine suppliers plus Perez essentially being a Ferrari driver....how can it not.

However I don't think Perez would go wide where he did (he ended up 3 feet from the gravel trap) to gift Ferrari the win. That would be the exact opposite of playing safe and maintaining 2nd.

If you want to hold position just turnh the engine down....

Exactly. He could so easily have lost control and speared into the wall, or go into the gravel trap and lose positions. It was a genuine mistake.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

sultanofhyd wrote:
I think you are quoting the wrong person?

Oh I don't know what I meant. :-((
eeee

RoadPilgrim

Post by RoadPilgrim »

Here come the tin-foil hat brigade.
Words. Flamable. Inflamable. Anti-inflamable.
...Why are there three? Either the thing flams or it doesn't!

Herbalist

Post by Herbalist »

I think the disease "spontaneous retardation" is spreading quickly across this forum.

Pole2Win

Post by Pole2Win »

It was a racing mistake and this post does nothing but stir up controversy. Alonso did very well defending his position and induced Pérez to make a mistake.

So now Kimi let Webber through because Red Bull is the works-supported team? Bullshit.
Last edited by Pole2Win on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Ask any racer, any real racer... It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning." (Dominic Toretto, "The Fast and The Furious")

Darkarium

Post by Darkarium »

I think Perez fully intended to overtake Alonso until that radio call broke his rhythm and made him doubt whether he should, a few corners later and he bins it. Twice in one race that the Sauber team threw away a sure win - not disappointed for them, but definitely for Perez.

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

dizlexik wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
kimisdabest wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:

HE almost did exactly that didnt he?

Those who think it was Ferrari pulling their weight on Sauber need to take their conspiracy hats off. The message on Radio said His pace is good, he is doing good job, Alonso is on older set of tyres and then they said we need this position.
The only thing that meant is that dont do something stupid.
The mistake he made was almost too costly. He almost went to the edge of tarmac runoff and gravel trap. If you dont want to challange for position, there are easier way to do that by just backing off a bit. He was pushing for the win and made mistake. And I am glad that it wasnt a costly mistake as frankly he deserved a podium. Even with the pace he had, I doubt Alonso would have made it easy for him to pass him. Great result in the end for both of them.

Yellowbin74

Post by Yellowbin74 »

Definite team orders. The order was: Fernando, drive faster, this kid's damn quick!!
Should I grow a beard?

Deadly

Post by Deadly »

Jeez people, to paraphrase Sauber were saying "don't take unecessary risk, remember we need these points." He then made a mistake.

Great drive by both Perez and Alonso. Neither are in great cars and both deserve plaudits. I think people are forgetting how bad the Ferrari is "this year."

Pritchard

Post by Pritchard »

Don't want to get dragged in to any partisan bickering, but I had an awful feeling when I heard that radio transmission, and I'm actually quite relieved in a way that Sergio made a genuine mistake and we weren't forced to witness him defer because I can't help but feel that was the message.

It was clearly a genuine mistake though so crisis averted.

morgana

Post by morgana »

My conclusion from this thread is that some people are sore losers indeed.
Last edited by morgana on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Yellowbin74 wrote:Definite team orders. The order was: Fernando, drive faster, this kid's damn quick!!

Perez was 5 seconds behind after he ran wide. 6 laps later, at the end of race he was only 2.2 behind. Perez was always going for the win.
eeee