Re: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread

Post by Jezick »

Get that thing off you chin :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

scaramoosh wrote:1. Perez connected to Ferrari
2. Sauber using Ferrari engines
3. On the Radio a message to be careful, they need the points.... was this a sly message?

After Ferrari's history I do not think it is stupid to believe something could be up. We all know what Alonso is prepared to do, like him at McLaren with the leaked details, in Renault with Nelson Piquet, Jr told to spin to bring out a safety car.
:? The problem is that it is now impossible not to suspect something.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

SilverPower

Post by SilverPower »

Dellik wrote:Hammi now closing on Perez, i'm just baffled. It's not like he's bad in the wet as he was going round 2 secs faster than everyone else before the SC came out.

Mclaren Pitwall said this before the restart: "Lewis has taken out a hole of front wing." This info was relayed to Button, in case he wanted to do so. That might explain why he wasn't driving as well in the wet as before the red flag.

ozrevhead

Post by ozrevhead »

purchville wrote:
ozrevhead wrote:If only Redbull didn't stuff up Mark's pitstop :x

Agreed...but Vettel's pitstop is always more important..should have been a podium

yeah well...

it cost Mark a podium too - and besides he was catching Vettel when the puncture happened

phazblade

Post by phazblade »

Dellik wrote:
Dejay wrote:I bet someone had to pop down the shops for that Mexican flag ;)

At this rate they'll re-claim the Alamo! :lol:

Only if Ferrari say its ok ....... :blush:
I'm not slowing down for Nico ........

purchville

Post by purchville »

schumi7 wrote:
3. On the Radio a message to be careful, they need the points.... was this a sly message?

After Ferrari's history I do not think it is stupid to believe something could be up. We all know what Alonso is prepared to do, like him at McLaren with the leaked details, in Renault with Nelson Piquet, Jr told to spin to bring out a safety car.

Oh come on what a load of rubbish. Perez pushed and made a mistake. For God's sake Alonso won and Perez finished second. Get over it.

I think you are right...but people will wonder forever, given Ferrari's record on these things
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 6 victories (Germany '20, Italy '19, Mexico '18, Singapore '18, USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 7 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position

Dejay

Post by Dejay »

That trophy is pretty crappy compared to some around today.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Asphalt_World wrote:Get over the Ferrari conspiracies please!!!!!
I'll see what I can do. :D

Welcome back, by the way. I was starting to get worried.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

scaramoosh

Post by scaramoosh »

purchville wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

Oh come on what a load of rubbish. Perez pushed and made a mistake. For God's sake Alonso won and Perez finished second. Get over it.

I think you are right...but people will wonder forever, given Ferrari's record on these things

Well Perez wasn't catching Alonso after the "mistake" at the same rate he was before hand.........

Lotus38

Post by Lotus38 »

4. He wasn't catching him after the "mistake" at the same rate he was before......

*sigh*
2012 Interlagos 3rd
2015 China 2nd
2015 Monza 1st

purchville

Post by purchville »

ozrevhead wrote:
purchville wrote:

Agreed...but Vettel's pitstop is always more important..should have been a podium

yeah well...

it cost Mark a podium too - and besides he was catching Vettel when the puncture happened

Hey I was agreeing with you...I meant it cost Mark a podium...yes, Mark was quicker than Vettel this weekend!
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 6 victories (Germany '20, Italy '19, Mexico '18, Singapore '18, USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 7 podiums

SilverPower

Post by SilverPower »

This was a terrible race for Mclaren: Button was awful, Hamilton average, pitstops terrible, especially Hamilton's.

Dejay

Post by Dejay »

scaramoosh wrote:
purchville wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

Well Perez wasn't catching Alonso after the "mistake" at the same rate he was before hand.........

Probably knocked his confidence.

Dellik

Post by Dellik »

SilverPower wrote:
Dellik wrote:Hammi now closing on Perez, i'm just baffled. It's not like he's bad in the wet as he was going round 2 secs faster than everyone else before the SC came out.

Mclaren Pitwall said this before the restart: "Lewis has taken out a hole of front wing." This info was relayed to Button, in case he wanted to do so. That might explain why he wasn't driving as well in the wet as before the red flag.

Cheers... was thinking Hammi must have hit a bit that fell off Buttons car.

JohnnyGuitar

Post by JohnnyGuitar »

The correct term for this win as far as Ferrari is concerned is "Papering over the cracks"

Pole2Win

Post by Pole2Win »

Alonso the best driver on the grid, bar none.

"Ask any racer, any real racer... It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning." (Dominic Toretto, "The Fast and The Furious")

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

Fiki wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:Get over the Ferrari conspiracies please!!!!!
I'll see what I can do. :D

Welcome back, by the way. I was starting to get worried.

I'm a very busy boy at the moment but it's all good stuff.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

ozrevhead

Post by ozrevhead »

purchville wrote:
ozrevhead wrote:
purchville wrote:

yeah well...

Hey I was agreeing with you...I meant it cost Mark a podium...yes, Mark was quicker than Vettel this weekend!

yeah I know :)
Last edited by ozrevhead on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dellik

Post by Dellik »

phazblade wrote:
Dellik wrote:
Dejay wrote:I bet someone had to pop down the shops for that Mexican flag ;)

At this rate they'll re-claim the Alamo! :lol:

Only if Ferrari say its ok ....... :blush:

Ferrari will have their flag put up there ready for the Austin GP if that ever happens. 8O

purchville

Post by purchville »

Look at the smile on Perez in the press conference!

So good for F1 :D
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 7 podiums

chetan_rao

Post by chetan_rao »

I hope Ferrari don't really start thinking they're back in the mix. The win's great (and won on merit on the day), but they don't have enough pace even to keep off Sauber in the dry.

Get working guys, the championship would be more interesting with Fred at the sharp end. :thumbup:

kilik2010

Post by kilik2010 »

telling him to secure 2nd place when hamilton was over 14 seconds behind at the time? Cmon ferrari fanboys just admit perez was basically told to not pass alonso

Cool_Citrus

Post by Cool_Citrus »

Well done Checo, We're extremly proud of you here in mexico. Long Long over due
Sauber Mclaren

schumi7

Post by schumi7 »

Dejay wrote:
scaramoosh wrote:
purchville wrote:
schumi7 wrote:

Probably knocked his confidence.

And he probably realized that if he makes another mistake he could've cost him finishing.
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Ciao Jules

tissot

Post by tissot »

kilik2010 wrote:telling him to secure 2nd place when hamilton was over 14 seconds behind at the time? Cmon ferrari fanboys just admit perez was basically told to not pass alonso

I see very little Ferrari fans here. I certainly am not one.

I'm more amazed where all that bitterness comes from.

NeverCryWolf

Post by NeverCryWolf »

Fiki wrote:

Hoi Fiki :D

Perez should have won, the first thing that came to mind was that Perez is going to replace Massa and if that will happen, then I will draw my own conclusions of the happenings :x

Whilst congratulating Alonso it's good to remember that Massa helped him massively by stalling Hamilton in the pitstop :thumbup:

I won't be suprised over news of Perez going to Ferrari :?

Webber had a good race so I'm happy for him after all the problems he had last year :thumbup:

And of course I'm happy to see Kimi improving his position from Australia and bringing in some valuable points to Lotus :D :D :D

So sorry for Grosjean :(

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

NeverCryWolf wrote:
Fiki wrote:

Perez should have won, the first thing that came to mind was that Perez is going to replace Massa and if that will happen, then I will draw my own conclusions of the happenings :x

Whilst congratulating Alonso it's good to remember that Massa helped him massively by stalling Hamilton in the pitstop :thumbup:

Webber had a good race so I'm happy for him after all the problems he had last year :thumbup:

And of course I'm happy to see Kimi improving his position from Australia and bringing in some valuable points to Lotus :D :D :D

If Perez accepted to go to Ferrari, I would be massively surprised. Surely he has people to put things into context for him?

NeverCryWolf

Post by NeverCryWolf »

Fiki wrote:
NeverCryWolf wrote:
Fiki wrote:

If Perez accepted to go to Ferrari, I would be massively surprised. Surely he has people to put things into context for him?

Dunno, did you see Alonso talking to Perez during the red flag? I wouldn't be surprised :?

NeverCryWolf

Post by NeverCryWolf »

tissot wrote:
kilik2010 wrote:telling him to secure 2nd place when hamilton was over 14 seconds behind at the time? Cmon ferrari fanboys just admit perez was basically told to not pass alonso

It's not bitterness, it's the question marks hanging in the air ;)

N1SM032

Post by N1SM032 »

tissot wrote:

Iam a fan, and agreed there is alot of dislike for ferrari on these forums

qczhao

Post by qczhao »

Congratulations for Perez for a great drive.

I am bitterly disappointed for Button and Kobayashi, my two favourite drivers who both had terrible race :(.

Mr-E

Post by Mr-E »

pjv1990 wrote:Williams are an absolute joke, their drivers are going to cost them big time this season.

Really?

Eva09

Post by Eva09 »

Alonso wins! A bit more brains and less brawn from Perez and he would have won. Using KERS at the beginning of the lap, then having to push too hard to get back at Alonso for the DRS zone.

Raifosa

Post by Raifosa »

2nd race in a row from pole to 3rd...well done McLaren. So why did Button pitted first again? Somethings are getting clear now.
“What does that expression mean, ‘friends with benefits’?
Does he provide her with health insurance?”

NeverCryWolf

Post by NeverCryWolf »

N1SM032 wrote:
tissot wrote:

Iam a fan, and agreed there is alot of dislike for ferrari on these forums

Really 8O

I must start reading this forum closer :?

Johnston

Post by Johnston »

Raifosa wrote:2nd race in a row from pole to 3rd...well done McLaren. So why did Button pitted first again? Somethings are getting clear now.

Because Lewis wanted to stay out.
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

EmpressJo

Post by EmpressJo »

Fantastic race! Love the wet, it's such a leveller.

Don't think there's much behind Perez going off - he was probably pushing so hard that he had a moment. It happens. But I think Massa is going to have Mexican nightmares for little while. ;)

Glad to see Webber get fourth but think he could have made it on to the podium. And WTF was that with Vettel at the end? First retire, then stay out, then it's an emergency, stop the car? Sounds like his car was in imminent danger of blowing up!

XploZiV

Post by XploZiV »

Mr-E wrote:
pjv1990 wrote:Williams are an absolute joke, their drivers are going to cost them big time this season.

Really?

Lol, Bruno did great, you can't deny this. He got knocked out at the first lap by his teammate and battled his way up, lapping amongst the fastest in the wet, to finish 6th. I remember after Melbourne, someone called him a turtle. Turtles swim well when it's wet ;-)
-Ayrton Senna fan-

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

SilverPower

Post by SilverPower »

That was the team trying to make sure Perez doesn't throw away a sure 18 points. The information we have now does not indicate any collusion between Ferrari and Sauber. Having said that, I do think Perez would have won had it not been that message from the team.

Raifosa

Post by Raifosa »

Johnston wrote:
Raifosa wrote:2nd race in a row from pole to 3rd...well done McLaren. So why did Button pitted first again? Somethings are getting clear now.

Because Lewis wanted to stay out.

source?
“What does that expression mean, ‘friends with benefits’?
Does he provide her with health insurance?”