The Race as One Initiative

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
User avatar
Tufty
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales

The Race as One Initiative

Post by Tufty »

wire2004 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:52 pm
I still dont get this we race as one rubbish.
F1 is one of the most inclusive sports. For anyone who has the ability to get into the sport. And has been from day 1.
So has every sport I watch. Football. Rugby league.
Your treated as a equal and you get there on merits.

It's not a sporting issue. Just get on with the sport and forget the politics
Fans will start turning on these movements when they are in the stands because they want to watch the sport. Just look at football in england. Nascar in the usa. Fans turned on it and they dont do it now.
It's partly a sporting issue. That's why the FIA and Hamilton (I believe separately, though I'm sure they'll be in contact with one another) are looking into the disparity between genders and races in motorsports. Publicly standing against discrimination is a part of this, albeit also something designed to make a wider point. But remember there have been racist incidents at Grands Prix, this is a far more overt way of making it clear that such behaviour won't be tolerated at the track.

And no, motorsport isn't a meritocracy. If it was, we wouldn't have so many pay drivers littering the past and current grids.
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

User avatar
Tufty
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Tufty »

Thanks for moving my post and letting us continue the discussion.
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Banana Man »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Most likely that they’re sick of being patronised and lectured on their morals and they find it increasingly frustrating.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Most likely that they’re sick of being patronised and lectured on their morals and they find it increasingly frustrating.
If you have the moral compass to agree with equality, you shouldn't feel patronised but pleased that they are making a point to those with a poor moral compass. That's the point.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Banana Man »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Most likely that they’re sick of being patronised and lectured on their morals and they find it increasingly frustrating.
If you have the moral compass to agree with equality, you shouldn't feel patronised but pleased that they are making a point to those with a poor moral compass. That's the point.
However you try to dress it up, this kind of moral grand standing clearly isn’t working. It’s been going on ferociously across all sports and media platforms for years now and it’s not had any effect.

The point has been made, ad nauseum, the issue is not that people haven’t heard the message. Changing attitudes takes a bit more than endlessly shouting slogans at people.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Most likely that they’re sick of being patronised and lectured on their morals and they find it increasingly frustrating.
If you have the moral compass to agree with equality, you shouldn't feel patronised but pleased that they are making a point to those with a poor moral compass. That's the point.
However you try to dress it up, this kind of moral grand standing clearly isn’t working. It’s been going on ferociously across all sports and media platforms for years now and it’s not had any effect.

The point has been made, ad nauseum, the issue is not that people haven’t heard the message. Changing attitudes takes a bit more than endlessly shouting slogans at people.
So, your solution would be?
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Tufty
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Tufty »

I wonder if it's really aimed at the established bigots? Providing an inclusive message to the next generation may just help dilute the older generations' outdated views as they get passed on.
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Tufty wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:52 pm
I wonder if it's really aimed at the established bigots? Providing an inclusive message to the next generation may just help dilute the older generations' outdated views as they get passed on.
I work in a Primary school and I can tell you that from my experience, children are much more knowledgeable and interested in equality. It comes up in PSHE each year anyway, but they see their heroes in sport, music and other areas talking about it so they are more interested. It's not about a quick fix; it's more a generational thing.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Tufty
Posts: 2315
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Colwyn Bay, North Wales

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Tufty »

That's great to hear AW, thank you!
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

mikeyg123
Posts: 19031
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by mikeyg123 »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:50 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:48 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:32 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:31 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:11 pm
Even if the issue isn't too big in F1 at the moment, it shows the world that equality should exist full stop. It's not simply an F1 issue. If you're not interested, fine, but I can't see how so many people, especially on Twitter, are so offended by it. Probably speaks volumes about them!
Most likely that they’re sick of being patronised and lectured on their morals and they find it increasingly frustrating.
If you have the moral compass to agree with equality, you shouldn't feel patronised but pleased that they are making a point to those with a poor moral compass. That's the point.
However you try to dress it up, this kind of moral grand standing clearly isn’t working. It’s been going on ferociously across all sports and media platforms for years now and it’s not had any effect.

The point has been made, ad nauseum, the issue is not that people haven’t heard the message. Changing attitudes takes a bit more than endlessly shouting slogans at people.
So, your solution would be?
Do good things instead of saying good things?

I don't think the we race as one message does any harm but corporations bagging woke brownie points whilst still being happy to take cash from regimes like Saudi Arabia does pis$ me off, because it's hypocritical but more importantly than that, it's a lie.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Children will only do things if people say good things to them first. That's the basics of education.

I'm not defending F1, especially going to SA this year, but the fundamental message is a good one.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Jezza13
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Far side of Koozebane

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Jezza13 »

So what exactly is the "We Race as One" initiative?

What does it mean? Is there a mission statement? A plan? F1 driven programs? Other than throwing on a T-Shirt & standing in a line each race, what is F1 doing to combat racism?

I've looked on the F1 website & couldn't find a single reference regarding this initiative let alone an entire statement & this to me is the problem, all fluff & no substance.

I will tell you what F1 does do though. What they do is while they're putting signs in grandstands, & stickers on cars & people like Chase Carey & Jean Todt stand in line with the drivers, they continue to hold a race in China where the government has an ongoing program of genocide against the Uyghur Muslim population of China, not to mention it's hostile actions regarding Taiwan, Hong Kong, India & it's illegal claims in the South China Sea.

Then of course there's the much celebrated upcoming race in Saudi Arabia, which as we all know is the international standard bearer when it comes to supporting inclusivity, diversity & progressiveness.

It seems to be the same old story with things like this. It's all well & good for everyone to talk the talk but when it comes time to walk the walk & actually sacrifice something tangible for the cause all we here is crickets.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

mikeyg123
Posts: 19031
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by mikeyg123 »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm
Children will only do things if people say good things to them first. That's the basics of education.

I'm not defending F1, especially going to SA this year, but the fundamental message is a good one.
But surely F1's do what I say not what I do attitude is a terrible lesson to teach children?

Basically do what you want, just make sure you look good doing it.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:09 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:03 pm
Children will only do things if people say good things to them first. That's the basics of education.

I'm not defending F1, especially going to SA this year, but the fundamental message is a good one.
But surely F1's do what I say not what I do attitude is a terrible lesson to teach children?

Basically do what you want, just make sure you look good doing it.
Again, I'm not defending the way F1 run their sport, but from my experience at work, this and the efforts in football and other areas, are seeming to be noticed by the young and easily influenced. Not saying it will work but I don't see any problems with it aside from those constantly bashing each and every attempt. If today's young see and read more bashing of it than those praising any attempt to improve things, however small they may be, then we have no hope.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Banana Man »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:54 pm
Tufty wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:52 pm
I wonder if it's really aimed at the established bigots? Providing an inclusive message to the next generation may just help dilute the older generations' outdated views as they get passed on.
I work in a Primary school and I can tell you that from my experience, children are much more knowledgeable and interested in equality. It comes up in PSHE each year anyway, but they see their heroes in sport, music and other areas talking about it so they are more interested. It's not about a quick fix; it's more a generational thing.
I don’t think they should be interested. I think the world would be much better if children saw all these sporting icons and didn’t give a flying fork what colour they were. Many of the things society regards as ‘diverse’, I don’t personally. I reject the suggestion that a group of people is ‘diverse’ because they have different skin pigmentations. Some of the most diverse groups I’ve been in happen to be all white people, albeit with different backgrounds, careers and personalities.

Working in a school you’ll be familiar with the concept of children misbehaving for attention. All we’re doing at the moment is showing the world just how much attention they can get from sending a few tweets.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

I agree, If course it would be much better for children to not give a damn, and THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT of campaigns. It's not to draw attention to people being different but to realise they aren't.

Not only do I see children acting up because they want attention, but I also witness first hand, many parents saying truly horrible things in front of their children. I've lost count of how many children I've witnessed reacted dreadfully, either verbally or physically, because that's how their parents have told them to behave.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Jezza13
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Far side of Koozebane

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Jezza13 »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm
I agree, If course it would be much better for children to not give a damn, and THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT of campaigns. It's not to draw attention to people being different but to realise they aren't.
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.

So the sport is ostensibly saying to children that the colour of a persons skin shouldn't be important while at the same time saying that having people with different colour skin in the sport is important.

Weird.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm
I agree, If course it would be much better for children to not give a damn, and THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT of campaigns. It's not to draw attention to people being different but to realise they aren't.
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.

So the sport is ostensibly saying to children that the colour of a persons skin shouldn't be important while at the same time saying that having people with different colour skin in the sport is important.

Weird.
I see what you're saying, but whilst it's important to not judge people based on their race and everyone should be given equal opportunities and respect in life, at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that there are different races and that these, along with their traditions, should be celebrated. Celebrated, but not a reason to reduce someone's opportunities in life.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
F1Tyrant
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by F1Tyrant »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

User avatar
Jezza13
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Far side of Koozebane

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Jezza13 »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm
I agree, If course it would be much better for children to not give a damn, and THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT of campaigns. It's not to draw attention to people being different but to realise they aren't.
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.

So the sport is ostensibly saying to children that the colour of a persons skin shouldn't be important while at the same time saying that having people with different colour skin in the sport is important.

Weird.
I see what you're saying, but whilst it's important to not judge people based on their race and everyone should be given equal opportunities and respect in life, at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that there are different races and that these, along with their traditions, should be celebrated. Celebrated, but not a reason to reduce someone's opportunities in life.
I agree with that.

If someone from a different culture with different traditions can add something to an organisation or sport etc then I've no problem but that's not the entire narrative here.

I've lost count of how many times i've listened to the likes of Hamilton or those interviewing him ask about the lack of black people in the sport.

I fail to see how, excluding all other variables, a black person from lets say London can add anything more to the sport than a white person from London, or vica versa, just based on a different level of Melanine in their skin.

That's pure racism.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:09 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:18 pm
I agree, If course it would be much better for children to not give a damn, and THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT of campaigns. It's not to draw attention to people being different but to realise they aren't.
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.

So the sport is ostensibly saying to children that the colour of a persons skin shouldn't be important while at the same time saying that having people with different colour skin in the sport is important.

Weird.
I see what you're saying, but whilst it's important to not judge people based on their race and everyone should be given equal opportunities and respect in life, at the same time we shouldn't ignore the fact that there are different races and that these, along with their traditions, should be celebrated. Celebrated, but not a reason to reduce someone's opportunities in life.
I agree with that.

If someone from a different culture with different traditions can add something to an organisation or sport etc then I've no problem but that's not the entire narrative here.

I've lost count of how many times i've listened to the likes of Hamilton or those interviewing him ask about the lack of black people in the sport.

I fail to see how, excluding all other variables, a black person from lets say London can add anything more to the sport than a white person from London, or vica versa, just based on a different level of Melanine in their skin.

That's pure racism.
Talking about a lack of black people in a sport or anything else for that matter is not claiming they should be in it because they would be better. It's saying that they should be given equal chance. Now, it's easy for me to think that they do. I'm white and have never knowingly been treated poorly based on my race and I sincerely hope I've never judged or given anyone less of a chance in life due to their race. The thing is, we know that racism is still very much alive and well. If anyone claims that racists would give someone from another race equal chances, then they're simply talking trash. So, do I know that none-white people have been singled out and ignored in F1? No. Could Lewis know more than me about this? Absolutely.

I believe it was Suzi Perry who quit working in F1 due to negative comments she received behind the scenes in F1. Now, I've no evidence to suggest this was true, but we all know sexism is still very much alive and well in the world. This is a very similar situation to racism.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

User avatar
Jezza13
Posts: 2497
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Far side of Koozebane

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Jezza13 »

F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
MLK would be rolling in his grave.

You know for about 45 years I was a guy who was taught by all & sundry to see a person for who they are & not what they are & for about 45 yrs that stood me in good stead.

Apparently, because of that very same philosophy, I'm now a white supremacist racist, misogynist homophobe.

Hmm.... go figure.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

User avatar
F1Tyrant
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by F1Tyrant »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm
MLK would be rolling in his grave.
Not true. His image has been co-opted by the conservative movement in the culture war and his very radical beliefs watered down to meaninglessness. To say 'I have a dream.' is his most palatable speech to a mainstream audience is a understatement. The man campaigned for medicare for all in the 1960s.
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm
You know for about 45 years I was a guy who was taught by all & sundry to see a person for who they are & not what they are & for about 45 yrs that stood me in good stead.
Everything you say above still matters, it just that people are being asked to give people a break for oppression they have suffered on account of their identity characteristics. It's a nuanced framework but some people find it untenable because they are blind to the hypothetical barriers they could but haven't faced.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

User avatar
myattitude
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 7:36 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by myattitude »

The no politics in sport philosophy has been well and truly overthrown by this globalist Harpist coup and not just in F1 but football and just wait for the Olympics.

The reason this is particularly unopposed so far is because the Chicism is clothed in words like equality and other buzzwords the sheep fall for, and anti-Grouchos don't accept that.

The reason this should be removed from F1 are two-layered:

1) People may not agree this movement has equality as it's intention, or may think we're equal enough, or may think it is unequal in favour of BLM style politics.

2) We're now arguing about the politics of the initiative, with people saying it's Harpist and others like some on this thread saying those who oppose it are bad people, which has shattered "no politics in sport."

It isn't just the "we race as one", there is very clear propaganda at play with presenters and drivers wearing masks on camera when they don't even need to be wearing one outside. There is something very politicised about it all.

So how about this, Messrs "We race as one"... NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
Last edited by myattitude on Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rockie
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Rockie »

F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:02 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm
MLK would be rolling in his grave.
Not true. His image has been co-opted by the conservative movement in the culture war and his very radical beliefs watered down to meaninglessness. To say 'I have a dream.' is his most palatable speech to a mainstream audience is a understatement. The man campaigned for medicare for all in the 1960s.
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:27 pm
You know for about 45 years I was a guy who was taught by all & sundry to see a person for who they are & not what they are & for about 45 yrs that stood me in good stead.
Everything you say above still matters, it just that people are being asked to give people a break for oppression they have suffered on account of their identity characteristics. It's a nuanced framework but some people find it untenable because they are blind to the hypothetical barriers they could but haven't faced.
You hit the nail on the head here with regards MLK, it annoys me when people quote him out of context or twist his words.
MLK was assassinated fighting for civil rights et all, MLK at the time of his death was voted the most hated man on earth yet the conservative and evangelical movement are quick to quote him today, funny part if he was alive today this folks would still hate him.

I mean he marched in the 60's to be allowed to vote let that sink in for a minute.

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Banana Man »

F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
They’ve been recognised. There’s barely anyone alive who would deny the North Atlantic slave trade was bad for black people. I don’t know what more people expect in that regard.

I don’t have the experience working with children that asphalt has but what I’m seeing a lot of is reinforcing negative stereotypes. The message to younger black children almost seems to be that you can’t succeed because the world is against you. There aren’t more black drivers because of their colour, black people cant succeed because of some statues, the world is biased against you because of a centuries old slave trade. These are negative inferences which need to be discarded, not dwelled upon.

At the risk of going Godwin’s law, there’s no animosity between Brits and Germans over a brutal conflict which happened far more recently. We forgive, we move on, we don’t talk about it and the world much the better for that.
I remember when this website was all fields.

BMWSauber84
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by BMWSauber84 »

myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
The no politics in sport philosophy has been well and truly overthrown by this globalist Harpist coup and not just in F1 but football and just wait for the Olympics.

The reason this is particularly unopposed so far is because the Chicism is clothed in words like equality and other buzzwords the sheep fall for, and anti-Grouchos don't accept that.

The reason this should be removed from F1 are two-layered:

1) People may not agree this movement has equality as it's intention, or may think we're equal enough, or may think it is unequal in favour of BLM style politics.

2) We're now arguing about the politics of the initiative, with people saying it's Harpist and others like some on this thread saying those who oppose it are bad people, which has shattered "no politics in sport."

It isn't just the "we race as one", there is very clear propaganda at play with presenters and drivers wearing masks on camera when they don't even need to be wearing one outside. There is something very politicised about it all.

So how about this, Messrs "We race as one"... NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
Wake up sheeple. To borrow a quote from Bottles, : “Sorry, I lost my aluminium foil hat somewhere. It's quite a theory".

Rockie
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Rockie »

myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
The no politics in sport philosophy has been well and truly overthrown by this globalist Harpist coup and not just in F1 but football and just wait for the Olympics.

The reason this is particularly unopposed so far is because the Chicism is clothed in words like equality and other buzzwords the sheep fall for, and anti-Grouchos don't accept that.

The reason this should be removed from F1 are two-layered:

1) People may not agree this movement has equality as it's intention, or may think we're equal enough, or may think it is unequal in favour of BLM style politics.

2) We're now arguing about the politics of the initiative, with people saying it's Harpist and others like some on this thread saying those who oppose it are bad people, which has shattered "no politics in sport."

So how about this, Messrs "We race as one"... NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
Racism has never been and would never be politics.

You have put together above a ridiculous word salad that has to place outside of fringe, deranged and conspiracy news outlets.

You have got no idea what Chicism is, which actually makes it sad to read this drivel.

Asphalt_World
Posts: 5686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Asphalt_World »

Globalist Harpist coup!

That's made my day. Hillarious.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

Rockie
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Rockie »

Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:35 pm
F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
They’ve been recognised. There’s barely anyone alive who would deny the North Atlantic slave trade was bad for black people. I don’t know what more people expect in that regard.

I don’t have the experience working with children that asphalt has but what I’m seeing a lot of is reinforcing negative stereotypes. The message to younger black children almost seems to be that you can’t succeed because the world is against you. There aren’t more black drivers because of their colour, black people cant succeed because of some statues, the world is biased against you because of a centuries old slave trade. These are negative inferences which need to be discarded, not dwelled upon.

At the risk of going Godwin’s law, there’s no animosity between Brits and Germans over a brutal conflict which happened far more recently. We forgive, we move on, we don’t talk about it and the world much the better for that.
Good lord where does one start with this?

Imagine thinking fighting the Nazi was a british thing, the ignorance is shocking.

In 2020 a policeman knelt on a mans neck even after him being in handcuffs and remained on his neck for 2mins 44secs after he had passed away that it was the paramedics that told him to get up.

It is still legal to lynch a black person in America as of today.

In Georgia a man black man jogging was hunted like an animal and killed the killers were not arrested until there was a protest.

Underfunding of black communities, Tulsa Oklahoma where the black wall street as it was dubbed was burnt down whilst the police stood back.

They need to keep banging on this to educate people like you as to avoid this kind of mentality passing on to the next generation.

BMWSauber84
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by BMWSauber84 »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:37 pm
Globalist Harpist coup!

That's made my day. Hillarious.
The business practices of Formula One and those competing in it are about as far as it gets from the values of Karl Marx.

User avatar
myattitude
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 7:36 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by myattitude »

Rockie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm
myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
The no politics in sport philosophy has been well and truly overthrown by this globalist Harpist coup and not just in F1 but football and just wait for the Olympics.

The reason this is particularly unopposed so far is because the Chicism is clothed in words like equality and other buzzwords the sheep fall for, and anti-Grouchos don't accept that.

The reason this should be removed from F1 are two-layered:

1) People may not agree this movement has equality as it's intention, or may think we're equal enough, or may think it is unequal in favour of BLM style politics.

2) We're now arguing about the politics of the initiative, with people saying it's Harpist and others like some on this thread saying those who oppose it are bad people, which has shattered "no politics in sport."

So how about this, Messrs "We race as one"... NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
Racism has never been and would never be politics.

You have put together above a ridiculous word salad that has to place outside of fringe, deranged and conspiracy news outlets.

You have got no idea what Chicism is, which actually makes it sad to read this drivel.
Question: Do you know what your post is compared to mine?

Answer: A difference in political opinion.

Better you talk about what qualifies as racism in your opinion on political platforms instead of let the infiltrated FIA divide us sports fans with this poisonous initiative. Can you now start to see where breaking the no politics in sport rule leads from our exchange alone? It leads nowhere good.

User avatar
F1Tyrant
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by F1Tyrant »

myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
A literal re-hash of cultural bolshivism.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2683
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Banana Man »

Rockie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:35 pm
F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
They’ve been recognised. There’s barely anyone alive who would deny the North Atlantic slave trade was bad for black people. I don’t know what more people expect in that regard.

I don’t have the experience working with children that asphalt has but what I’m seeing a lot of is reinforcing negative stereotypes. The message to younger black children almost seems to be that you can’t succeed because the world is against you. There aren’t more black drivers because of their colour, black people cant succeed because of some statues, the world is biased against you because of a centuries old slave trade. These are negative inferences which need to be discarded, not dwelled upon.

At the risk of going Godwin’s law, there’s no animosity between Brits and Germans over a brutal conflict which happened far more recently. We forgive, we move on, we don’t talk about it and the world much the better for that.
Good lord where does one start with this?

Imagine thinking fighting the Nazi was a british thing, the ignorance is shocking.

In 2020 a policeman knelt on a mans neck even after him being in handcuffs and remained on his neck for 2mins 44secs after he had passed away that it was the paramedics that told him to get up.

It is still legal to lynch a black person in America as of today.

In Georgia a man black man jogging was hunted like an animal and killed the killers were not arrested until there was a protest.

Underfunding of black communities, Tulsa Oklahoma where the black wall street as it was dubbed was burnt down whilst the police stood back.

They need to keep banging on this to educate people like you as to avoid this kind of mentality passing on to the next generation.
Exactly the kind of needless, sanctimonious faux-outrage which prevents any kind of meaningful dialogue and progress on these issues. Too many people want nothing more to be seen as righteous and talk down to others.
I remember when this website was all fields.

User avatar
Mod Yellow
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Mod Yellow »

It's getting a bit heated people, probably time to take a deep breath.

I understand this is a seriously emotive issue for a lot of people and I have absolutely no desire to shut down debate when it comes to such a subject, but at the same time I don't want any of you falling foul of the forum rules. Keep it clean and talk it out.... if you feel the need to resort to personal insults or generalisations.... count to 10.

This is an adult forum for the most part and i'd like to think I can treat you all as such.

User avatar
myattitude
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 7:36 pm

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by myattitude »

F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:56 pm
myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
A literal re-hash of cultural bolshivism.
How do you know that's not what Grouchos would want you to believe in order to deflect attention from all the Chicism?

Are you starting to see already how divisive breaking the no politics in sport barrier is yet? You've already equated me with Nazism (I'm Asian and supposedly oppressed by pseudo-Nazis according to our Harpist overlords), I've denounced the movement as Chicism, and it's all going down a very toxic rabbit hole, isn't it? Isn't it much nicer when we're explaining why Michael Schumacher is better than Lewis Hamilton? Why not just stick to that?

Rockie
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Rockie »

myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:55 pm
Rockie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:36 pm
myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:30 pm
The no politics in sport philosophy has been well and truly overthrown by this globalist Harpist coup and not just in F1 but football and just wait for the Olympics.

The reason this is particularly unopposed so far is because the Chicism is clothed in words like equality and other buzzwords the sheep fall for, and anti-Grouchos don't accept that.

The reason this should be removed from F1 are two-layered:

1) People may not agree this movement has equality as it's intention, or may think we're equal enough, or may think it is unequal in favour of BLM style politics.

2) We're now arguing about the politics of the initiative, with people saying it's Harpist and others like some on this thread saying those who oppose it are bad people, which has shattered "no politics in sport."

So how about this, Messrs "We race as one"... NO POLITICS IN SPORT AND TAKE YOUR DIVISIVE Harpist POISON AWAY FROM HERE.
Racism has never been and would never be politics.

You have put together above a ridiculous word salad that has to place outside of fringe, deranged and conspiracy news outlets.

You have got no idea what Chicism is, which actually makes it sad to read this drivel.
Question: Do you know what your post is compared to mine?

Answer: A difference in political opinion.

Better you talk about what qualifies as racism in your opinion on political platforms instead of let the infiltrated FIA divide us sports fans with this poisonous initiative. Can you now start to see where breaking the no politics in sport rule leads from our exchange alone? It leads nowhere good.
I don't have a difference of political opinion with you, I have no business with politics.

You have come on here to regurgitate right wing talking points with no thought of your own which needs to be pointed out for the nonsense it is.

If you see equality or equity as political, you have a lot to learn about life in general.

Rockie
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:13 am

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by Rockie »

Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:58 pm
Rockie wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:48 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:35 pm
F1Tyrant wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:58 pm
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:44 pm
It's a strange situation we have here in F1 because oddly we have the campaign to end racism running alongside the diversity campaign. which by definition is racist.
The times have moved on a bit, Jezza. The ideal of colour-blind being anti-racist is done. The newer initiatives want racial discrimination taken into account because ethnicity was tied to nationality for so long. History has been a trauma conga for any country that isn't a technologically advanced, imperialist country.

The legacy of those horrific atrocities need to be recognised if we are ever going to create a world where people reach their fullest potential.
They’ve been recognised. There’s barely anyone alive who would deny the North Atlantic slave trade was bad for black people. I don’t know what more people expect in that regard.

I don’t have the experience working with children that asphalt has but what I’m seeing a lot of is reinforcing negative stereotypes. The message to younger black children almost seems to be that you can’t succeed because the world is against you. There aren’t more black drivers because of their colour, black people cant succeed because of some statues, the world is biased against you because of a centuries old slave trade. These are negative inferences which need to be discarded, not dwelled upon.

At the risk of going Godwin’s law, there’s no animosity between Brits and Germans over a brutal conflict which happened far more recently. We forgive, we move on, we don’t talk about it and the world much the better for that.
Good lord where does one start with this?

Imagine thinking fighting the Nazi was a british thing, the ignorance is shocking.

In 2020 a policeman knelt on a mans neck even after him being in handcuffs and remained on his neck for 2mins 44secs after he had passed away that it was the paramedics that told him to get up.

It is still legal to lynch a black person in America as of today.

In Georgia a man black man jogging was hunted like an animal and killed the killers were not arrested until there was a protest.

Underfunding of black communities, Tulsa Oklahoma where the black wall street as it was dubbed was burnt down whilst the police stood back.

They need to keep banging on this to educate people like you as to avoid this kind of mentality passing on to the next generation.
Exactly the kind of needless, sanctimonious faux-outrage which prevents any kind of meaningful dialogue and progress on these issues. Too many people want nothing more to be seen as righteous and talk down to others.
I have listed instances of the struggle of black people above, not one did you address out of it.

But the one that has a culture war response you latched onto it, not surprised.

User avatar
F1Tyrant
Posts: 2324
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Race as One Initiative

Post by F1Tyrant »

myattitude wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:07 pm
You've already equated me with Nazism (I'm Asian and supposedly oppressed by pseudo-Nazis according to our Harpist overlords), I've denounced the movement as Chicism, and it's all going down a very toxic rabbit hole, isn't it?
I've pointed out you used a rhetorical device used by Nazis to persecute Jews. It's a silly narrative to push and repeating it doesn't make you a Nazi either.

Unless your an ethnic minority, Asian peoples are perfectly capable of persecuting minority groups.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

Locked