Official Moto GP 2021 Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Asphalt_World

Re: Official Moto GP 2021 Thread

Post by Asphalt_World »

Another superb race at Le Mans. Rain starting shortly after the start caused mayhem, bike changes, crashes and when it all seemed OK, it basically dried up and they had worn out wet tyres on a dry track for the final 5 or so laps.

As for Moto 3, again Acosta impresses with great race speed. Qualified 21st or 22nd I think, got quickly up to 5th in a wet race, before crashing. He picked the bike up and was back down somewhere around 20th. He finished 8th with his main title rivals either behind him or having crashed out. He, therefore, extended his lead in the championship.
Instagram @italian_car_pictures

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

That was a thoroughly enjoyable MotoGP race. Very impressed with Jack Miller.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm
Another superb race at Le Mans. Rain starting shortly after the start caused mayhem, bike changes, crashes and when it all seemed OK, it basically dried up and they had worn out wet tyres on a dry track for the final 5 or so laps.

As for Moto 3, again Acosta impresses with great race speed. Qualified 21st or 22nd I think, got quickly up to 5th in a wet race, before crashing. He picked the bike up and was back down somewhere around 20th. He finished 8th with his main title rivals either behind him or having crashed out. He, therefore, extended his lead in the championship.
I need to watch it again, but it looked to me like he went 21 to 7th in 2 laps!
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Fiki wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 4:30 pm
That was a thoroughly enjoyable MotoGP race. Very impressed with Jack Miller.
First 5 laps or so were fantastic. I dont like riding in the wet, cant imagine what slicks and all that power must feel like.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Marc Marquez had a great chance of winning the race and then having some kind of a title chance but crashed while leading, fell to the back and was at points 2 seconds quicker than the other riders, he got back up to 11th before crashing again this time out of the race.

It was reminiscent of Jerez last year were he badly injured himself, I guess he will never change but in a way good to see he's not afraid of crashing after what happened to him so no psychological problems, just for now struggling with fitness in dry conditions which was not a problem for him in the wet conditions.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 98 (1st)
Pole Positions: 100 (1st)
Podiums: 169 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Remy Gardner up to MotoGP for 2022 with Tech 3.
-Stirling Moss

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 am
Remy Gardner up to MotoGP for 2022 with Tech 3.
I think he could do well, we have to factor in that he seems to have a weight disadvantage in Moto2 which I believe will not be as big a problem in MotoGP.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 98 (1st)
Pole Positions: 100 (1st)
Podiums: 169 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

F1Tyrant

Post by F1Tyrant »

How is Marquez's return going? Looks bad purely by results. Last three races DNFs.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

A.J.

Post by A.J. »

F1Tyrant wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:14 pm
How is Marquez's return going? Looks bad purely by results. Last three races DNFs.
He's shown some serious glimpses of pace - until he's crashed. The Honda seems to be a handful to ride fast, but we have all seen that over the last few years.

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Quick word on Acosta watch. Looks to be the most promising rookie in Moto3 for a long time. P25 start after seemingly not being able to get any pace from that bike until race day itself. Worked his way into contention by being on the pace with the leaders and wold have been a good bet for a podium finish but for getting quite beaten up into the final lap. Ended up P7 so a pretty decent return given his pre-race woes.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:10 am
Quick word on Acosta watch. Looks to be the most promising rookie in Moto3 for a long time. P25 start after seemingly not being able to get any pace from that bike until race day itself. Worked his way into contention by being on the pace with the leaders and wold have been a good bet for a podium finish but for getting quite beaten up into the final lap. Ended up P7 so a pretty decent return given his pre-race woes.
Yep, early days but I've seen enough to make me think he's a real stand-out talent. Not just the best in in class this year, but a real prospect. With Fernandez and Gardner in Moto2 looking handy too, some of the MotoGP old guard should be worried!
-Stirling Moss

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:10 am
He was actually leading at one brief point going into the first corner of the final lap!
-Stirling Moss