2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Post Reply
overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

I will go with Verstappen.

If the odds on are Russell 100:1 I'll throw down a few quid on Russell.

User avatar
Invade
Posts: 3412
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Invade »

overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:43 pm
I will go with Verstappen.

If the odds on are Russell 100:1 I'll throw down a few quid on Russell.
With Verstappen, it's 90% driver 10% car, so it does make sense to back him over whoever Mercedes field next season.

Would you bet your house on it?

overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

Invade wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 pm
overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:43 pm
I will go with Verstappen.

If the odds on are Russell 100:1 I'll throw down a few quid on Russell.
With Verstappen, it's 90% driver 10% car, so it does make sense to back him over whoever Mercedes field next season.

Would you bet your house on it?
Would you bet your house on Hamilton in a Williams? I mean it is 90% driver.

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Banana Man »

It will be Lewis Hamilton, you'd be a fool to bet on anything else. He will have the best car and comfortably have the beating of Bottas.
I remember when this website was all fields.

User avatar
Exediron
Posts: 8494
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Exediron »

Banana Man wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 pm
It will be Lewis Hamilton, you'd be a fool to bet on anything else. He will have the best car and comfortably have the beating of Bottas.
:thumbup:
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

Banana Man wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 pm
It will be Lewis Hamilton, you'd be a fool to bet on anything else. He will have the best car and comfortably have the beating of Bottas.
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.

User avatar
Banana Man
Posts: 2585
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Banana Man »

overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
Banana Man wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:56 pm
It will be Lewis Hamilton, you'd be a fool to bet on anything else. He will have the best car and comfortably have the beating of Bottas.
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.
Lewis will be in that car. Lewis wants to win, they want Lewis, it’s a no brainier. This is two negotiators playing hard ball, there will be a deal sooner or later.
I remember when this website was all fields.

pokerman
Posts: 36355
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by pokerman »

overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:43 pm
I will go with Verstappen.

If the odds on are Russell 100:1 I'll throw down a few quid on Russell.
If Mercedes don't need Hamilton to win then why are you predicting Verstappen?
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

I am predicting Verstappen over Hamilton or Russell.

But right now, today, Russell is in a Williams. So if he has super long odds I'd throw 100 on him in the remote chance he goes to Merc and wins the title.

With your screen name you should be the one to get that bet on Russell.

A.J.
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:37 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by A.J. »

overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.
There is no chance of anyone except Hamilton in that other Mercedes - he isn't giving up on those free WDCs for a few million $$$. ZERO chance.

Hamilton to drive and beat Bottas to collect another useless WDC in 2021 - hopefully 2022 we see more cars being competitive at the front.

Siao7
Posts: 8966
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Siao7 »

A.J. wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm
overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.
There is no chance of anyone except Hamilton in that other Mercedes - he isn't giving up on those free WDCs for a few million $$$. ZERO chance.

Hamilton to drive and beat Bottas to collect another useless WDC in 2021 - hopefully 2022 we see more cars being competitive at the front.
Yeah, unfortunately this is how it looks

overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

A.J. wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm
overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.
There is no chance of anyone except Hamilton in that other Mercedes - he isn't giving up on those free WDCs for a few million $$$. ZERO chance.

Hamilton to drive and beat Bottas to collect another useless WDC in 2021 - hopefully 2022 we see more cars being competitive at the front.
If they only. offer him 5 million he may not take it. Not saying thats how low they are going but you know Russell will do it for 2 mil.

pokerman
Posts: 36355
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by pokerman »

overgeared wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm
I am predicting Verstappen over Hamilton or Russell.

But right now, today, Russell is in a Williams. So if he has super long odds I'd throw 100 on him in the remote chance he goes to Merc and wins the title.

With your screen name you should be the one to get that bet on Russell.
Russell is presently 33-1, despite the screen name I'm actually not a gambler, I see poker as a game of skill and avoid the slot machines and roulette wheels.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

overgeared
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:59 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by overgeared »

pokerman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 am
overgeared wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm
I am predicting Verstappen over Hamilton or Russell.

But right now, today, Russell is in a Williams. So if he has super long odds I'd throw 100 on him in the remote chance he goes to Merc and wins the title.

With your screen name you should be the one to get that bet on Russell.
Russell is presently 33-1, despite the screen name I'm actually not a gambler, I see poker as a game of skill and avoid the slot machines and roulette wheels.
So at 33 to 1 you wouldn't throw 100 on Russell?

User avatar
Badgeronimous
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 am
Location: North East

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Badgeronimous »

Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.

mikeyg123
Posts: 18469
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

overgeared wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 am
pokerman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 am
overgeared wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm
I am predicting Verstappen over Hamilton or Russell.

But right now, today, Russell is in a Williams. So if he has super long odds I'd throw 100 on him in the remote chance he goes to Merc and wins the title.

With your screen name you should be the one to get that bet on Russell.
Russell is presently 33-1, despite the screen name I'm actually not a gambler, I see poker as a game of skill and avoid the slot machines and roulette wheels.
So at 33 to 1 you wouldn't throw 100 on Russell?
Only if you've got £100 you don't mind almost certainly losing. a 1in 33 chance of something is still very unlikely.

If I rolled a 33 sided dice would you bet £100 on 27 coming up?

Siao7
Posts: 8966
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am
Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.
I'd say almost like 2020. Almost

A.J.
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:37 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by A.J. »

overgeared wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:08 am
A.J. wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm
overgeared wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm
I will say if Lewis gets a contract at Merc. Yea he will be the favorite.

But he has no contract. I am starting to think Russell will be there.

Then I say Russell or Verstappen. But Verstappen may be able to rattle their cages enough.

Heck Bottas may win.
There is no chance of anyone except Hamilton in that other Mercedes - he isn't giving up on those free WDCs for a few million $$$. ZERO chance.

Hamilton to drive and beat Bottas to collect another useless WDC in 2021 - hopefully 2022 we see more cars being competitive at the front.
If they only. offer him 5 million he may not take it. Not saying thats how low they are going but you know Russell will do it for 2 mil.
You have said here (and in multiple other posts) that Hamilton will not be there at Merc because he doesn't have a contract. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is simply not going to happen. He will drive for free if he has to in order to collect that free WDC that's up for grabs.

pokerman
Posts: 36355
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by pokerman »

overgeared wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 am
pokerman wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:13 am
overgeared wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:46 pm
I am predicting Verstappen over Hamilton or Russell.

But right now, today, Russell is in a Williams. So if he has super long odds I'd throw 100 on him in the remote chance he goes to Merc and wins the title.

With your screen name you should be the one to get that bet on Russell.
Russell is presently 33-1, despite the screen name I'm actually not a gambler, I see poker as a game of skill and avoid the slot machines and roulette wheels.
So at 33 to 1 you wouldn't throw 100 on Russell?
Only if I thought there was a reasonable chance of him being in the car, but I wouldn't even put £10 on him such my confidence he won't be in the car and even that gives a decent return, I'm surprised that's not a bet you might make, £10 is not a lot, put your money were your mouth is sort of bet.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

pokerman
Posts: 36355
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by pokerman »

Siao7 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am
Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am
Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.
I'd say almost like 2020. Almost
Well it's less likely he will get covid with the vaccines now being rushed out plus he himself has probably a certain amount of immunity now.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)


PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

User avatar
Badgeronimous
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:57 am
Location: North East

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Badgeronimous »

Siao7 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am
Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am
Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.
I'd say almost like 2020. Almost
Expect Red Bull to be a bit more of a thorn but it will surely be a bit of a dead rubber season in terms of car development with the big changes for 2022. Cannot see anyone making significant gains on 2020.

Bottas though will need to get his act together to finish 2nd.

Siao7
Posts: 8966
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:28 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am
Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am
Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.
I'd say almost like 2020. Almost
Expect Red Bull to be a bit more of a thorn but it will surely be a bit of a dead rubber season in terms of car development with the big changes for 2022. Cannot see anyone making significant gains on 2020.

Bottas though will need to get his act together to finish 2nd.
Aren't the tyres different for 2021? That, coupled with the DAS omission, may (a very hesitant may) upset the apple cart. Very doubtful though

User avatar
Mort Canard
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Location: Kansas

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by Mort Canard »

Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:28 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:50 am
Badgeronimous wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:18 am
Hamilton if he is in the Merc seat (he will be) - Comfortable but not all his own way.

Unless of course he gets ill, injured or father time suddenly catches him.
I'd say almost like 2020. Almost
Expect Red Bull to be a bit more of a thorn but it will surely be a bit of a dead rubber season in terms of car development with the big changes for 2022. Cannot see anyone making significant gains on 2020.

Bottas though will need to get his act together to finish 2nd.
Yeah, Lewis should cruise to another WDC, but Valtteri will likely have a bit more trouble with the pairing of Max/Checo this year. Mercedes may have to use Valtteri's race strategy to counter the threat from RBR more often. Add to that the fact that Max will likely not have as many DNFs as he racked up in 2020.

I am afraid that Valtteri's last year in the Merc seat will be much more occupied with his role as "Wingman" to Lewis.
Mission WinLater

JensHaglof
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:28 pm

Re: 2021 F1 Champion Prediction Thread

Post by JensHaglof »

Hello everybody!
My first post here. Been interested in F1 for some years. After seeing Drive to Survive I became a huge fan and now I watch every race weekend on F1TV. Really looking forward to the next season with all the driver changes!
I just made this form where you can predict the 2021 season. https://forms.gle/sZex2LcUKggtg9CJ8 Nothing too serious, just fun!

Would be really grateful if you could fill it out! The more answers the better the result. I will post the result in this forum prior to the season start in Bahrain! I will also post after the 2021 season is finished, comparing the prediction with the actual result. This form will be posted to other forums as well, to get more responses.

Have a great day! :)
/Jens

Post Reply