2021 Pre-season news / Car launch dates (Updated)

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
UnlikeUday

2021 Pre-season news / Car launch dates (Updated)

Post by UnlikeUday »

Car launch dates:

McLaren - 15th Feb
AlphaTauri - 19th Feb
Alfa Romeo - 22nd Feb
Red Bull - 23rd Feb
Mercedes / Alpine - 2nd Mar
Aston Martin - 3rd Mar
Haas - 4th Mar
Williams - 5th Mar
Ferrari - 10th Mar
Last edited by UnlikeUday on Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:36 am, edited 10 times in total.
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Re: 2021 Pre-season news / Car launch dates!

Post by UnlikeUday »

Here is the 2021 calendar:

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Aston Martin F1 has been reborn. A good hint showing us the color in of their F1 cars.

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Feel The Fourth

K.F.

Post by K.F. »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:48 am
Car launch dates:
What about this? I know only Ferrari SF 21-before first 2021 Barcelona test.
PF1 Pick10 - 2019-CHAMP 2020-15 th
Wins 2 Podiums 8

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

K.F. wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:27 pm
UnlikeUday wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:48 am
Car launch dates:
What about this? I know only Ferrari SF 21-before first 2021 Barcelona test.
I've left that space empty as I'll be editing there whenever a definite date is announced for a team.
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

If the Australian Grand prix will get postponed, the pre-season test schedule too will get postponed. It would shift to Bahrain & would possibly be held between March 12-14 before the season gets underway on 28th March. Nothing is official yet though.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/01/ ... o-bahrain/
Feel The Fourth

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Williams expanding its collaboration with Mercedes.
Simon Roberts, Team Principal, commented: “I’m pleased to see our great relationship with Mercedes extend beyond the supply of engines. Williams is an independent team, but Formula One is always evolving, and as a team we must be agile to react to the current climate in order to put the team in the best position to be competitive on track. This long-term agreement with Mercedes is a positive step and forms part of our strategic objectives for the future whilst we will still retain our design and manufacturing capabilities in-house.”
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:55 pm
If the Australian Grand prix will get postponed, the pre-season test schedule too will get postponed. It would shift to Bahrain & would possibly be held between March 12-14 before the season gets underway on 28th March. Nothing is official yet though.

The Australian Grand Prix will almost certainly get postponed. The rules in Australia are very strict. The country is almost COVID-free due to strict lockdowns, frequent internal border closures and a very intense focus on clamping down on any outbreaks.

I cannot see an event like the AGP being allowed to go ahead. Victoria had the worst outbreak of any state only a matter of months ago and Melbourne residents endured months of strict lockdown to bring that under control. I don't see the Victorian Govt allowing the risk.

Most teams are based in the UK and we know the unfortunate situation there. And the new strain which is causing concern.

I also don't see F1 teams willing to comply with two weeks of hotel quarantine for all personnel. It wouldn't be feasible.

Unfortunately this is an extremely low chance of going ahead.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Possibly a testing livery if not the actual livery teased for Alpine F1:

Source - Imgur

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Cognizant (as predicted) is the new title sponsor for Aston Martin!

Source - Imgur

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15448 ... le-sponsor
Feel The Fourth

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Lawrence Stroll talking about his ambitions with Aston Martin (BBC Sport). One comment that interested me is Lance's performance in Turkey. According to Stroll Snr, Lance suffered from a broken front wing, which may explain why he tailed off during he latter part of the race.
...leading the race for 30 laps until part of the front wing broke...
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 pm
Well, I personally wasn't cognizant of that prediction, so it's news to me.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Aston Martin for 2021 will be losing out on many current sponsors but gaining on a big brand.

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Source - Imgur

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15448 ... le-sponsor
like most of the f1 sponsors these days, i have no idea what this company does. i wish beer and smoke companies could advertise in racing again. all series could use the money

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Interesting stuff by Will Buxton:

Feel The Fourth

Schermerhorn

Post by Schermerhorn »

oz_karter wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:39 am
UnlikeUday wrote:

The Australian Grand Prix will almost certainly get postponed. The rules in Australia are very strict. The country is almost COVID-free due to strict lockdowns, frequent internal border closures and a very intense focus on clamping down on any outbreaks.

I cannot see an event like the AGP being allowed to go ahead. Victoria had the worst outbreak of any state only a matter of months ago and Melbourne residents endured months of strict lockdown to bring that under control. I don't see the Victorian Govt allowing the risk.

Most teams are based in the UK and we know the unfortunate situation there. And the new strain which is causing concern.

I also don't see F1 teams willing to comply with two weeks of hotel quarantine for all personnel. It wouldn't be feasible.

h
I've just seen the Australian COVID19 death figures. Wow, they are incredibly low. Hats off to the Australian authorities for their immense response and measures to keep the spread contained and the mortality rates so low.

I am wondering though, have their long hot dry summers and extended warm weather seasons helped in all of this? With other warm(er) nations their death rates are also remarkably low too.

I can't say I blame the Australian authorities for not wanting to risk it.
You’re not in a fight until there’s pressure. Resistance. Overcoming something. Otherwise, it’s just an exhibition.

Schermerhorn

Post by Schermerhorn »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:55 am
Aston Martin for 2021 will be losing out on many current sponsors but gaining on a big brand.

Source - Imgur

Is it confirmed all these companies will be leaving Aston Martin? Seems like a big financial blow to the team.
You’re not in a fight until there’s pressure. Resistance. Overcoming something. Otherwise, it’s just an exhibition.

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Schermerhorn wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:59 pm
Is it confirmed all these companies will be leaving Aston Martin? Seems like a big financial blow to the team.
Several of those are Perez's personal sponsors, and BWT is obviously being replaced by a different title sponsor.

That said, I do assume it's a net loss. It's hard to see Cognizant putting up equal value to 12 other sponsors. I'm sure Stroll himself will have to make up some of the shortfall.
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Exediron wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 pm
Schermerhorn wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:59 pm
Several of those are Perez's personal sponsors, and BWT is obviously being replaced by a different title sponsor.

That said, I do assume it's a net loss. It's hard to see Cognizant putting up equal value to 12 other sponsors. I'm sure Stroll himself will have to make up some of the shortfall.
Presumably a lot of the shortfall comes from Aston Martin's advertising budget?
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Schermerhorn wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:58 pm
oz_karter wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

h
I've just seen the Australian COVID19 death figures. Wow, they are incredibly low. Hats off to the Australian authorities for their immense response and measures to keep the spread contained and the mortality rates so low.

I am wondering though, have their long hot dry summers and extended warm weather seasons helped in all of this? With other warm(er) nations their death rates are also remarkably low too.

The weather might have something to do with it but, if there was going to be a country that was best positioned to deal with the virus, it was going to be Australia

The thing Australia had going for it right from the get go was that it's a non contiguous, 1st world country, miles from anywhere, with an excellent health care system & easily controlled points of entries.

Unlike a lot of other 1st world countries, Australia also has a low population density spread over an enormous land mass so containing any clusters is relatively easy if caught & acted upon quickly. Despite condemnation from certain areas, we were also one of the first countries to close our borders to China following news of the outbreak, quickly closing our borders to other countries as the virus spread.

Another big factor in containing the virus was that our federal government established a national cabinet, comprising of the federal leadership, both government & opposition, as well as all state & territory leaders. This allowed us to pretty much have one unified, nation wide response to the virus. The cabinet did a great job of trying to keep the country functioning as much as possible while doing as much as it could to contain the spread.

Probably the final factor in our good results is the response by the general public. By in large a vast majority of the public did their best to comply with the restrictions. I think most of us realized that if we took a little pain now & complied with government orders, as uncomfortable as they were, it'd save a lot more pain down the track.
Only took 7 yrs, 5 mths & 21 days.

Cooper, Arrows, Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell, Minardi, McLaren, Sauber, Williams,

Remember the garagista's. The heart & soul of F1. They raced to race.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

Schermerhorn

Post by Schermerhorn »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:08 am
Schermerhorn wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

h

The weather might have something to do with it but, if there was going to be a country that was best positioned to deal with the virus, it was going to be Australia

The thing Australia had going for it right from the get go was that it's a non contiguous, 1st world country, miles from anywhere, with an excellent health care system & easily controlled points of entries.

Unlike a lot of other 1st world countries, Australia also has a low population density spread over an enormous land mass so containing any clusters is relatively easy if caught & acted upon quickly. Despite condemnation from certain areas, we were also one of the first countries to close our borders to China following news of the outbreak, quickly closing our borders to other countries as the virus spread.

Another big factor in containing the virus was that our federal government established a national cabinet, comprising of the federal leadership, both government & opposition, as well as all state & territory leaders. This allowed us to pretty much have one unified, nation wide response to the virus. The cabinet did a great job of trying to keep the country functioning as much as possible while doing as much as it could to contain the spread.

Probably the final factor in our good results is the response by the general public. By in large a vast majority of the public did their best to comply with the restrictions. I think most of us realized that if we took a little pain now & complied with government orders, as uncomfortable as they were, it'd save a lot more pain down the track.
Hats off to you guys. What an example you guys set!

Would love to visit one day!

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Schermerhorn wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 am
Jezza13 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:08 am
Schermerhorn wrote:
oz_karter wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

h

Hats off to you guys. What an example you guys set!

Would love to visit one day!
Nah honestly don't waste your time.

Go to New Zealand instead. Heaps better there ;)

Cooper, Arrows, Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell, Minardi, McLaren, Sauber, Williams,

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Feel The Fourth

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

That is a bit of a shock.

Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

People are already overplaying the Alonso connection on social media. True he had spygate and some unwise words to say about Honda but some people are talking as if he’s Maria Carey. It’s an interesting development for sure though. Maybe Renault are genuinely losing interest in F1 again and he doesn’t want to be associated with a half-baked project.
I remember when this website was all fields.

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Abiteboul was touted late last year for a seat on the Alpine board. I don't know what came of that but the idea that he would stay as TP was a long shot as far as I was aware. I forget the name of the new TP brought over from MotoGP but he was pretty obviously meant to be a replacement.

What this may mean for Red Bull's 2 teams perhaps taking on Renault power again I don't know.
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

Schermerhorn wrote:

I don't think the weather has had a great deal to do with it, we still have cold enough winters to keep people inside and in close quarters.

Melbourne had an outbreak that got away quite quickly (but eventually well under control), so Australia is still very susceptible to spread of the virus.

I think it has mostly been the very strict and rapid response to any outbreak. The state governments haven't tolerated any cases and have been quick to introduce restrictions and lockdowns when any community transmission is detected. As an example, Brisbane just had a 3 day full lockdown despite there only being one case. This is the strain from the UK causing so many issues, so the government were taking no chances.

There is still large debate and politics going on about restrictions and internal border closures, but the overall outcome speaks for itself.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Rescheduled 2021 F1 calendar:

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Jezza13 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:21 pm
Um....yeah

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/76367/yo ... ula-1.html
I'm not totally convinced tbh. In the video itself he never actually says that they will be, he says he is looking forward to it and thanking the fans that have been in contact wanting them to return. The video could just as easily be interpreted as a mission statement as a confirmation of an impending announcement IMO.

I checked their twitter a couple of times yesterday as they had teased an announcement, posting a black/gold picture of the date 11.01.2021. Turned out to be an announcement about a British Superbike support series. Conveniently this came late in the day, while news stories of their return to F1 were circulating the web and the picture teasing an announcement that day was up on their twitter.

Maybe I'm cynical because the entire operation strikes me as crooked and has done since the beginning, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was just a marketing ploy to make it sound like they are coming back without actually saying so, to generate the kinds of headlines in the article you linked.

After all the only realistic candidate is Williams I would have thought, and after the missed payments and bad press they saw in the Haas deal, I'm doubtful even they would sign into anything.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Is it too early for a 2022 season thread?

Report in an Italian newspaper that F1 is considering delaying the new regulations again to 2023, but a spokesperson for F1 has said this is not true.

https://twitter.com/chrismedlandf1/stat ... 77376?s=21

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

JN23 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 am
Is it too early for a 2022 season thread?

Report in an Italian newspaper that F1 is considering delaying the new regulations again to 2023, but a spokesperson for F1 has said this is not true.

https://twitter.com/chrismedlandf1/stat ... 77376?s=21
Glad to hear F1 have denied it. Another year of Mercedes dominance locked in would be a tragedy for F1.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Tomorrow we hopefully will see the reveal of Alpine F1 team's livery. Speculation is it will be predominantly black with French flag colors running across the engine cover section.
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Alpine has revealed an unofficial livery:

Source - Imgur

Source - Imgur
Feel The Fourth

yodasarmpit

Post by yodasarmpit »

UnlikeUday wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 am
Alpine has revealed an unofficial livery:

Source - Imgur

Source - Imgur
I thought that was the HAAS at first.

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

I think we can assume the primary black part is not the final livery. But if the blue-white-red color stripes are real, I think that could be part of a very striking and different livery... if they execute it well.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Mercedes are keeping their black livery.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Leclerc has become the fifth F1 driver to test positive for Covid-19!
Feel The Fourth