So, is Hamilton Racing this Weekend?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
DFWdude

Re: So, is Hamilton Racing this Weekend?

Post by DFWdude »

pokerman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:26 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 pm
tootsie323 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm
pokerman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 am
F1Tyrant wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:31 pm
When even a veteran Hamilton supporter wants Russell in the car, surely Mercedes should take the hint from the worldwide audience and just make the call for Russell to drive?
Given that Hamilton is fit to race then why not stand down Bottas for Russell, what's the difference?

Let's not being joining the brigade that simply would like to see Hamilton out of F1.
I think the original comment was specific to this weekend.
Don't spoil it for him! It's the world against Hamilton again...

I'm glad Hamilton is back, above all I'm glad he is healthy; I'm just worried that he is pushing it just to make it for this race as a great finish to a record year. But it is obviously down to him, if he feels ok, then it's his seat.
I appreciate that some might not be aware of the increased hate there has been on the internet towards Hamilton post Sakhir.
I'm not aware of "increased hate" towards Hamilton, and frankly I couldn't give a damn. It's Hamilton's seat and apparently he's fit enough to drive, so the haters can go pound sand.

It's not Mercedes' job to jumble the driver line-up so you folks with Attention Deficit Disorder can titilate yourselves with something different.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

pokerman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:26 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:15 pm
tootsie323 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:02 pm
pokerman wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:53 am
F1Tyrant wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:31 pm
When even a veteran Hamilton supporter wants Russell in the car, surely Mercedes should take the hint from the worldwide audience and just make the call for Russell to drive?
Given that Hamilton is fit to race then why not stand down Bottas for Russell, what's the difference?

Let's not being joining the brigade that simply would like to see Hamilton out of F1.
I think the original comment was specific to this weekend.
Don't spoil it for him! It's the world against Hamilton again...

I'm glad Hamilton is back, above all I'm glad he is healthy; I'm just worried that he is pushing it just to make it for this race as a great finish to a record year. But it is obviously down to him, if he feels ok, then it's his seat.
I appreciate that some might not be aware of the increased hate there has been on the internet towards Hamilton post Sakhir.
Absolute rubbish people are just bored watching the same person win every time. Would be the same whoever was doing the winning.

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Is t's not hate. It largely a desire to see Russell prove himself again, on a more 'normal' circuit and (hopefully) without any mishap.
Hamilton has the WDC tied up, Mercedes has the WCC tied up - if he is recovering from mild Covid symptoms, it would not hurt anyone if he were to take another weekend off.
His desire to race is totally understandable but it's also understandable that, in the wake of last weekend, people would like to see Russell have another go.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

tootsie323 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:29 am
Is t's not hate. It largely a desire to see Russell prove himself again, on a more 'normal' circuit and (hopefully) without any mishap.
Hamilton has the WDC tied up, Mercedes has the WCC tied up - if he is recovering from mild Covid symptoms, it would not hurt anyone if he were to take another weekend off.
His desire to race is totally understandable but it's also understandable that, in the wake of last weekend, people would like to see Russell have another go.
No, it's hatred towards Hamilton who valiantly fights against the haters...

Or what you just said. Some people just love the drama

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

There's nothing to hate about Hamilton, one might question his selflessness given his comments post Abu Dhabi regarding his lack of fitness...

Option or Prime

Post by Option or Prime »

In what is basically an all white highly privileged F1 racing club to say there is not 'veiled racism' is frankly naive. You can easily wear a T shirt that say "end racism' and still be racist!

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Battle Far wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:53 am
There's nothing to hate about Hamilton, one might question his selflessness given his comments post Abu Dhabi regarding his lack of fitness...
What did he say if you don't mind?

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Option or Prime wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:05 am
In what is basically an all white highly privileged F1 racing club to say there is not 'veiled racism' is frankly naive. You can easily wear a T shirt that say "end racism' and still be racist!
Who talked about racism? It was about hatred towards Hamilton post Sakhir and giving Russel another opportunity in the car, I am not sure racism had anything to do with this conversation

Option or Prime

Post by Option or Prime »

Are we sure Siao? Hatred is a very very strong emotion, how many other sports have hatred towards their superstars? Is Pele hated, Is Federer hated?

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Option or Prime wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:19 am
Are we sure Siao? Hatred is a very very strong emotion, how many other sports have hatred towards their superstars? Is Pele hated, Is Federer hated?
Hamilton isn't hated either.

If there was a chance for Ricciardo or Vergne to step into the Red Bull at the back end of 2013 people would have wanted Vettel to stay at home as well. It's just more interesting.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Siao7 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 am
Battle Far wrote:
https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham ... id-impact/
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Fiki wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am
Siao7 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:
Thanks Fiki

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Option or Prime wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:19 am
How can I talk on behalf of others? All I am saying is that it was a comment about hatred towards Hamilton. Reading who the poster was though should have given you an idea.

For the rest, please refer to Mikey's post, it's a fairly easy explanation, why go to defacto racism (this doesn't mean that such people don't exist of course)?

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

The anti-Hamilton sentiment is not something I've overly witnessed myself just something that's been commented on by others who peruse multiple sites, I wouldn't want to be singling out this site from my own experience.

Onto to the thread topic and in hindsight I wish he hadn't raced, rather a fully fit Russell than a half fit Hamilton.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 96 (1st)
Pole Positions: 99 (1st)
Podiums: 166 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

Harpo

Post by Harpo »

pokerman wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:34 pm
Onto to the thread topic and in hindsight I wish he hadn't raced, rather a fully fit Russell than a half fit Hamilton.
I would have liked to see Russell in the Mercedes again, but only because I think the Shakir unorthodox track doesn't tell us much about Russell.
Hamilton was fit enough to get back to the office. And I'm not sure Russell would have done better than him, as he didn't do better than Latifi.
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

pokerman wrote:
This

Invade

Post by Invade »

Russell drives, Verstappen wins again finally, Hamilton would have kept pace with him etc. etc. ... It would have perhaps been a useful race to skip for Hamilton for his upcoming contract negotiations! :twisted:

Ahhh - I can hear it now...: "It's NOT the car; it's Hamilton!"

j man

Post by j man »

Fiki wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:
It could perhaps be questioned whether he will be back to 100% by the start of next season, or even at all. I've been hearing stories of some people struggling for months with the after-effects.

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

j man wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:09 pm
Fiki wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:
It could perhaps be questioned whether he will be back to 100% by the start of next season, or even at all. I've been hearing stories of some people struggling for months with the after-effects.
Whilst nothing is guaranteed, I'd expect someone with his level of physical fitness to have a very very high chance of having little future issues.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

WHoff78

Post by WHoff78 »

I would have much more enjoyed to see Russell in the Mercedes at the weekend but Hamilton finished one place behind Bottas, and right behind him on the track? He was clearly more than fit enough to be back in the car and understandable that he'd want to see out his record breaking season on the track.

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Harpo wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:06 pm
pokerman wrote:
I would have liked to see Russell in the Mercedes again, but only because I think the Shakir unorthodox track doesn't tell us much about Russell.
Hamilton was fit enough to get back to the office. And I'm not sure Russell would have done better than him, as he didn't do better than Latifi.
Yeah I can understand that but if Russell had raced and done as well as Hamilton or slightly worse we would have been saying he did a good race but would Hamilton have made the race for the lead more interesting because it looked quite easy for Verstappen.
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Invade wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:05 pm
Russell drives, Verstappen wins again finally, Hamilton would have kept pace with him etc. etc. ... It would have perhaps been a useful race to skip for Hamilton for his upcoming contract negotiations! :twisted:

Ahhh - I can hear it now...: "It's NOT the car; it's Hamilton!"
Yeah it would have worked out quite well for him. :)
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

WHoff78 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:01 am
I would have much more enjoyed to see Russell in the Mercedes at the weekend but Hamilton finished one place behind Bottas, and right behind him on the track? He was clearly more than fit enough to be back in the car and understandable that he'd want to see out his record breaking season on the track.
I'm not sure Hamilton finishing not that far behind Bottas indicates he was back at his best, it was also noticeable how he fell away the last few laps.
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Asphalt_World wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:32 pm
j man wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:09 pm
Fiki wrote:
Siao7 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:
Whilst nothing is guaranteed, I'd expect someone with his level of physical fitness to have a very very high chance of having little future issues.
Thinking about this, I started wondering how "standard" Hamilton's treatment for Covid-19 was, and whether the medical care he enjoyed since was more or less the same as "ordinary" patients.
I thought his performance was just fine; and although we might see what he said after the race as indicating he shouldn't have come back as early as he did, he too could only know after the race.

Not that I wouldn't have liked to see Stoffel finally get a car to do him justice, mind you. But Hamilton certainly showed us his fierce fighting spirit, and that is worthy of respect.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi