Betting on F1

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
DOLOMITE

Betting on F1

Post by DOLOMITE »

I have no idea if a thread on this topic is OK so mods please feel free to delete if it's deemed inappropriate.

But I was just wondering if anyone bets on F1 and if so is it worth a thread if allowed?

I've just placed a bet on George at 3/1 for the win just for fun really - first I've ever done. Also have Perez at 25/1 each way which if understand the site right is top 2.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

P-F1 Mod

Re: Betting on F1

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I'm going to sticky this, I dare say a few of you will be interested in the odds over these last 2 races of the year. If the mod team want to unsticky it again after I step down that's fair enough, I've just seen a lot of betting conversations recently so it seems reasonable.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

I have the odd bet on F1 but found it difficult to get value this year with the Mercedes dominant.

Don’t know who you’re using Dolomite but SkyBet each way is the top two.

I saw someone on twitter who upon hearing the Hamilton COVID news on Tuesday morning immediately placed a bet on a Russell podium at 1000/1!

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

JN23 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:49 pm
I have the odd bet on F1 but found it difficult to get value this year with the Mercedes dominant.

I saw someone on twitter who upon hearing the Hamilton COVID news on Tuesday morning immediately placed a bet on a Russell podium at 1000/1!
I can well imagine. I tried to put a bet on Norris winning a WDC before he'd even been confirmed in F1 but bookies wouldn't do it! Kind of glad now...

Any wins for you so far?
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

JN23

Post by JN23 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:56 pm
JN23 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:49 pm

I can well imagine. I tried to put a bet on Norris winning a WDC before he'd even been confirmed in F1 but bookies wouldn't do it! Kind of glad now...

Any wins for you so far?
No wins of note. Had bets on Verstappen and Bottas to be WDC before the season started in July as I thought they were decent odds with the shorter season and I thought there was a chance Red Bull would be up there, oh well.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I will just add, after discussion among the mods last night, that links to betting sites aren't to be posted. So far nobody has so this isn't aimed at any specific person, but given the international nature of the forum we'd rather not risk upsetting any of our users or sponsors.

And of course for anyone concerned by the threat of addiction, there are resources available online.

LBET

Post by LBET »

I once asked Arnold Palmer if he ever bet on the golf course. He said to me "Larry, I don't need any of their money and I sure as #### don't want them to have any of mine!".

Though I'm nowhere near as flush as Arnie was at the time I agree. I think I was significantly impacted by The Flintstones S2E16 "The Gambler".

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:47 pm
I have no idea if a thread on this topic is OK so mods please feel free to delete if it's deemed inappropriate.

But I was just wondering if anyone bets on F1 and if so is it worth a thread if allowed?

I've just placed a bet on George at 3/1 for the win just for fun really - first I've ever done. Also have Perez at 25/1 each way which if understand the site right is top 2.
:)
-Stirling Moss

Steve_muzzy

Post by Steve_muzzy »

I found russell on 1000 to 1 to win just after he was announced. I just couldnt log in to the site in time.(Only better using sky bet and this was another broker) Thankful as that would have been one hell of a comedown !!

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Yeah I heard that was possible, shame!

There was a PF1'er a while back who had a bet on Vettel to become world champion with Red Bull and the best was placed before he had even started in F1. She did quite well out of that....
-Stirling Moss

Jenson's Understeer

Post by Jenson's Understeer »

Right before bets were suspended, when the red flag was thrown at Monza this year I got £10 on Lance Stroll to win at 1000/1. All he had to do was not make a mess of the restart. Sigh.
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x5, 3rd x8
'20: 12th | '19: 11th | '18: 5th | '17: 6th | '16: 8th | '15: 2nd | '14: 15th | '13: 17th | '12: 11th

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Tempted to "go big" on last race, but resisted temptation. I have Albon and Ricciardo both at 70/1 each way (1/5 odds).
-Stirling Moss

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

Not really on topic but

I'd have £10 on the Dalai Lama if I were a Tibetan man

a virtual pint if you get that and English is not your first language ;)