2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Locked
Option or Prime
Posts: 1936
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Location: UK

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Option or Prime »

Well not really he did two laps before boxing, expecting to have his attachment secured when he pitted.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
There has been some OTT posts on this.

Should he get a race ban? NO
Should he get away scott free? ABSOLUTLEY NOT

Its a safety issue which SHOULD NOT be ignored but it looks like it has.
Literally nobody on this thread has suggested he should get away scott free.

User avatar
Clarky
Posts: 4588
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm
Location: LONDON...!

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Clarky »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 am
Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
There has been some OTT posts on this.

Should he get a race ban? NO
Should he get away scott free? ABSOLUTLEY NOT

Its a safety issue which SHOULD NOT be ignored but it looks like it has.
Literally nobody on this thread has suggested he should get away scott free.
Was referring to the race ban.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

.

Whether or not he should get a race ban should be an FIA decision - I think he should as he knowingly broke the regulations (harness) and drove recklessly (of his safety). How anyone can dismiss the severe safety lightly is beyond me.

The fact that the FIA seem to be ignoring such a serious safety issue gives rise in my mind to the alternative meaning of "FIA".

.

Siao7
Posts: 8649
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 am
Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:47 am
https://youtu.be/nTuTcvf-4LQ

He knew what he was doing and he knew it was undone. He wasn't poodling around either.

1:46
LeClerc - "What position are we?"
Engineer - "We are P20, switch radio off"
LeClerc - "Guys we need to box, we need to box. When I went for the button to switch the car on again my seat belts are off now so when I brake Im moving quite a bit. I dont mind but Im sure someone wont be happy."
Engineer - "Copy, box now".

Its mind boggling how he can even think this is ok and the fact there has been no talk from the FIA about is astonishing.
We know this. He boxed at the end of that lap as instructed by the team.
Cant defend the indefensible.
No one is defending Leclerc. Even Ferrari should be held accountable to a point, I think that they should have told him to just park it and get out asap. Although, not knowing his exact position on the track, they may have instructed him to box as he was very close to the pits for all we know.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 am
Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
There has been some OTT posts on this.

Should he get a race ban? NO
Should he get away scott free? ABSOLUTLEY NOT

Its a safety issue which SHOULD NOT be ignored but it looks like it has.
Literally nobody on this thread has suggested he should get away scott free.
.

You suggest a "fine" for a multi-millionaire who is paid over 10 million per year !

What is the highest fine a driver has been fined ? About 10,000 Euros IF I remember correctly, which is nothing to Leclerc. And you are the one who believes in "precedence". Would you support a 1 million, or 2 million fine ?

.

Siao7
Posts: 8649
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am
.

Whether or not he should get a race ban should be an FIA decision - I think he should as he knowingly broke the regulations (harness) and drove recklessly (of his safety). How anyone can dismiss the severe safety lightly is beyond me.

The fact that the FIA seem to be ignoring such a serious safety issue gives rise in my mind to the alternative meaning of "FIA".

.
You have made your point clear enough. I (and others in here) just happen to think that comments like "lunacy, FIA, etc." don''t help your case. You seems rather upset with this issue for some reason.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="Siao7

No one is defending Leclerc. Even Ferrari should be held accountable to a point, I think that they should have told him to just park it and get out asap. Although, not knowing his exact position on the track, they may have instructed him to box as he was very close to the pits for all we know.
[/quote]

.

From what little we know he had just started a new lap (inferred, not known) that is why Ferrari are due a lesser punishment.

.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:26 am

You have made your point clear enough. I (and others in here) just happen to think that comments like "lunacy, FIA, etc." don''t help your case. You seems rather upset with this issue for some reason.
.

The trouble is that you keep ignoring the facts and just want a rather meaningless fine.

"Lunacy" is a perfectly apt term, and I'm afraid that after all of last year's engine oddities (borne out by this year's performance issues) that the possibility of the using the old meaning of "FIA" seems quite possible.

.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:32 am
Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:26 am

You have made your point clear enough. I (and others in here) just happen to think that comments like "lunacy, FIA, etc." don''t help your case. You seems rather upset with this issue for some reason.
.

The trouble is that you keep ignoring the facts and just want a rather meaningless fine.

"Lunacy" is a perfectly apt term, and I'm afraid that after all of last year's engine oddities (borne out by this year's performance issues) that the possibility of the using the old meaning of "FIA" seems quite possible.

.
You seem to have great difficulty with the concept of "facts".

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:09 am
Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
There has been some OTT posts on this.

Should he get a race ban? NO
Should he get away scott free? ABSOLUTLEY NOT

Its a safety issue which SHOULD NOT be ignored but it looks like it has.
Literally nobody on this thread has suggested he should get away scott free.
.

You suggest a "fine" for a multi-millionaire who is paid over 10 million per year !

What is the highest fine a driver has been fined ? About 10,000 Euros IF I remember correctly, which is nothing to Leclerc. And you are the one who believes in "precedence". Would you support a 1 million, or 2 million fine ?

.
What are you on about. The only time I have spoken of precedence is when discussing if inaction here shows bias toward Ferrari.

And who doesn't believe in precedence? It is a concept which exists. Who disputes that. As I said previously there isn't really one to be applied here. I find myself increasingly puzzled with your posts.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

.
Last edited by Greenman on Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="mikeyg123

You seem to have great difficulty with the concept of "facts".
[/quote]

.

Not me, you seem to have made some claims that were in error.

.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 am
[quote="mikeyg123

You seem to have great difficulty with the concept of "facts".
.

Not me, you seem to have made some claims that were in error.

.
[/quote]

Please provide details.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="mikeyg123
[/quote]

.

You suggest a "fine" for a multi-millionaire who is paid over 10 million per year !

What is the highest fine a driver has been fined ? About 10,000 Euros IF I remember correctly, which is nothing to Leclerc. And you are the one who believes in "precedence". Would you support a 1 million, or 2 million fine ?

.

[/quote]

What are you on about. The only time I have spoken of precedence is when discussing if inaction here shows bias toward Ferrari.

And who doesn't believe in precedence? It is a concept which exists. Who disputes that. As I said previously there isn't really one to be applied here. I find myself increasingly puzzled with your posts.
[/quote]

.

It seems that you want to avoid your suggestion that imposing a minute fine on a multi-millionaire is any sort of punishment for a serious safety volition.

.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

A fine is obviously a form of punishment. I have also suggested points on his licence. The fact (this is an actual fact) that a fine and points on the licence is a punishment is not something I feel I need to defend.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:47 am
Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 am
[quote="mikeyg123

You seem to have great difficulty with the concept of "facts".
.

Not me, you seem to have made some claims that were in error.

.
Please provide details.
[/quote]

What a joke - are you trying to troll ?

How about ;

"But he didn't attempt to continue did he? When he realised his belts were undone he said over the radio and returned to the pits. Had he ignored it and finished then obviously a DSQ would be required."

1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false

.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:50 am
A fine is obviously a form of punishment. I have also suggested points on his licence. The fact (this is an actual fact) that a fine and points on the licence is a punishment is not something I feel I need to defend.
Again, why the pointless post ?

Would you refer me to your post regarding points on his licence.

So what is your defence for a minute fine for a multi-millionaire for a severe safety violation ?

.

Siao7
Posts: 8649
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:32 am
Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:26 am

You have made your point clear enough. I (and others in here) just happen to think that comments like "lunacy, FIA, etc." don''t help your case. You seems rather upset with this issue for some reason.
.

The trouble is that you keep ignoring the facts and just want a rather meaningless fine.

"Lunacy" is a perfectly apt term, and I'm afraid that after all of last year's engine oddities (borne out by this year's performance issues) that the possibility of the using the old meaning of "FIA" seems quite possible.

.
I am ignoring the facts? Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone else posting here?

Siao7
Posts: 8649
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Siao7 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:57 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:50 am
A fine is obviously a form of punishment. I have also suggested points on his licence. The fact (this is an actual fact) that a fine and points on the licence is a punishment is not something I feel I need to defend.
Again, why the pointless post ?

Would you refer me to your post regarding points on his licence.

So what is your defence for a minute fine for a multi-millionaire for a severe safety violation ?

.
His personal wealth bares little significance in the fines stipulated within the rule book.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:54 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:47 am
Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:46 am
[quote="mikeyg123

You seem to have great difficulty with the concept of "facts".
.

Not me, you seem to have made some claims that were in error.

.
Please provide details.
What a joke - are you trying to troll ?

How about ;

"But he didn't attempt to continue did he? When he realised his belts were undone he said over the radio and returned to the pits. Had he ignored it and finished then obviously a DSQ would be required."

1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false

.
[/quote]

I don't believe what I said there to be untrue. He pitted on the lap he reported to Ferrari his belts were undone.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="mikeyg123

I don't believe what I said there to be untrue. He pitted on the lap he reported to Ferrari his belts were undone.
[/quote]

.

Again, are you trolling ?

I showed that each of your points was untrue ;
1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false
All you said was untrue.

.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:57 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:50 am
A fine is obviously a form of punishment. I have also suggested points on his licence. The fact (this is an actual fact) that a fine and points on the licence is a punishment is not something I feel I need to defend.
Again, why the pointless post ?

Would you refer me to your post regarding points on his licence.

So what is your defence for a minute fine for a multi-millionaire for a severe safety violation ?

.

See one post on page three and two on page four.

I don't have to defend it. I've not given it and as such a fine is not even proposed we can't comment on it's minuteness of vast immensity.

One thing I do know though is Leclerc's wealth shouldn't be a consideration in any punishment.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 am
Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:57 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:50 am
A fine is obviously a form of punishment. I have also suggested points on his licence. The fact (this is an actual fact) that a fine and points on the licence is a punishment is not something I feel I need to defend.
Again, why the pointless post ?

Would you refer me to your post regarding points on his licence.

So what is your defence for a minute fine for a multi-millionaire for a severe safety violation ?

.
His personal wealth bares little significance in the fines stipulated within the rule book.
I was querying mikeyg123 's somehow believing that an insignificant fine is any sort of suitable fine for such a serious safety violation.

Driving without an operating safety harness is a very serious offence.


.

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am
[quote="mikeyg123

I don't believe what I said there to be untrue. He pitted on the lap he reported to Ferrari his belts were undone.
.

Again, are you trolling ?

I showed that each of your points was untrue ;
1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false
All you said was untrue.

.
[/quote]

LMAO you've given an example of ONE thing I said that you believe to be untrue.

Why so much hyperbole?

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="mikeyg123

See one post on page three and two on page four.


[/quote]

Please cut and paste (as I did)

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I would expect some form of statement and sanction to come out in due course. As stated, there is no specific precedence for this. What does surprise me is that we have not yet heard anything from the relevant authority along the lines of we are looking into this etc etc...
I'm very interested to see what the driver's representative, Grosjean, has to say on the matter, the guy who thought it was dangerous for Hamilton to undo his seat belts so he could wave to the crowd after a win.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:54 am
Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:47 am
https://youtu.be/nTuTcvf-4LQ

He knew what he was doing and he knew it was undone. He wasn't poodling around either.

1:46
LeClerc - "What position are we?"
Engineer - "We are P20, switch radio off"
LeClerc - "Guys we need to box, we need to box. When I went for the button to switch the car on again my seat belts are off now so when I brake Im moving quite a bit. I dont mind but Im sure someone wont be happy."
Engineer - "Copy, box now".

Its mind boggling how he can even think this is ok and the fact there has been no talk from the FIA about is astonishing.
We know this. He boxed at the end of that lap as instructed by the team.
After he had already passed the pit lane entry twice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

Clarky wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:06 am
There has been some OTT posts on this.

Should he get a race ban? NO
Should he get away scott free? ABSOLUTLEY NOT

Its a safety issue which SHOULD NOT be ignored but it looks like it has.
FIA President Jean Todt who loves to have road car safety campaigns is good friends with Leclerc, I mean we are not even talking about the need for a race ban, but to totally ignore it beggars belief.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am
[quote="mikeyg123

I don't believe what I said there to be untrue. He pitted on the lap he reported to Ferrari his belts were undone.
.

Again, are you trolling ?

I showed that each of your points was untrue ;
1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false
All you said was untrue.

.
LMAO you've given an example of ONE thing I said that you believe to be untrue.

Why so much hyperbole?
[/quote]
.

Just that one post shows that you claimed three things that were incorrect. So, yet again you make an incorrect claim.

You have continuously kept claiming things that are wrong (mostly repetitions of those three items) despite people pointing out your errors.

That is why I keep asking whether you are just trolling - repetitive false claims does seem to fall under that term.

.

Siao7
Posts: 8649
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Siao7 »

pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am
tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I would expect some form of statement and sanction to come out in due course. As stated, there is no specific precedence for this. What does surprise me is that we have not yet heard anything from the relevant authority along the lines of we are looking into this etc etc...
I'm very interested to see what the driver's representative, Grosjean, has to say on the matter, the guy who thought it was dangerous for Hamilton to undo his seat belts so he could wave to the crowd after a win.
Watch the video again, he was asking for clarification, not having a go at Hamilton

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:21 am
.

Whether or not he should get a race ban should be an FIA decision - I think he should as he knowingly broke the regulations (harness) and drove recklessly (of his safety). How anyone can dismiss the severe safety lightly is beyond me.

The fact that the FIA seem to be ignoring such a serious safety issue gives rise in my mind to the alternative meaning of "FIA".

.
Well in respect to that it's been noticeable post Canada 2019.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="pokerman
FIA President Jean Todt who loves to have road car safety campaigns is good friends with Leclerc, I mean we are not even talking about the need for a race ban, but to totally ignore it beggars belief.
[/quote]

Extremely depressing if that proves to be an accurate forecast.

.

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am
pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am
tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I would expect some form of statement and sanction to come out in due course. As stated, there is no specific precedence for this. What does surprise me is that we have not yet heard anything from the relevant authority along the lines of we are looking into this etc etc...
I'm very interested to see what the driver's representative, Grosjean, has to say on the matter, the guy who thought it was dangerous for Hamilton to undo his seat belts so he could wave to the crowd after a win.
Watch the video again, he was asking for clarification, not having a go at Hamilton
Out of interest then what was the clarification.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am
mikeyg123 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:47 am
Greenman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:41 am
[quote="mikeyg123

I don't believe what I said there to be untrue. He pitted on the lap he reported to Ferrari his belts were undone.
.

Again, are you trolling ?

I showed that each of your points was untrue ;
1: He did continue.

2: He KNEW his harness was undone when he started off.

3: He only informed Ferrari after he had started a new lap

All your claims shown to be false
All you said was untrue.

.
LMAO you've given an example of ONE thing I said that you believe to be untrue.

Why so much hyperbole?
.

Just that one post shows that you claimed three things that were incorrect. So, yet again you make an incorrect claim.

You have continuously kept claiming things that are wrong (mostly repetitions of those three items) despite people pointing out your errors.

That is why I keep asking whether you are just trolling - repetitive false claims does seem to fall under that term.

.
[/quote]

I think you mean repetitive claims that you don't agree with.

Greenman
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by Greenman »

[quote="mikeyg123

I think you mean repetitive claims that you don't agree with.
[/quote]

So you are trolling.

Your claims have been shown to be false.

.

User avatar
tootsie323
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by tootsie323 »

pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:08 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am
pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am
tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I would expect some form of statement and sanction to come out in due course. As stated, there is no specific precedence for this. What does surprise me is that we have not yet heard anything from the relevant authority along the lines of we are looking into this etc etc...
I'm very interested to see what the driver's representative, Grosjean, has to say on the matter, the guy who thought it was dangerous for Hamilton to undo his seat belts so he could wave to the crowd after a win.
Watch the video again, he was asking for clarification, not having a go at Hamilton
Out of interest then what was the clarification.
Wasn't Grosjean simply asking whether it was OK to undo belts after the race (on the cool-down lap)? After some (rather ambiguous, in my view) discussion, Charlie Whiting implied that such a practice shouldn't continue.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

pokerman
Posts: 35421
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by pokerman »

tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:21 pm
pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:08 pm
Siao7 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:58 am
pokerman wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:48 am
tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am
I would expect some form of statement and sanction to come out in due course. As stated, there is no specific precedence for this. What does surprise me is that we have not yet heard anything from the relevant authority along the lines of we are looking into this etc etc...
I'm very interested to see what the driver's representative, Grosjean, has to say on the matter, the guy who thought it was dangerous for Hamilton to undo his seat belts so he could wave to the crowd after a win.
Watch the video again, he was asking for clarification, not having a go at Hamilton
Out of interest then what was the clarification.
Wasn't Grosjean simply asking whether it was OK to undo belts after the race (on the cool-down lap)? After some (rather ambiguous, in my view) discussion, Charlie Whiting implied that such a practice shouldn't continue.
Given that then I have to ask how you stop a driver from doing it if there is no penalty?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

User avatar
tootsie323
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by tootsie323 »

With all this to-ing and fro-ing about so-called facts and who is claiming what, can't we just keep it simple?
Leclerc drove around the circuit, under race conditions, with his safety harness undone. This should be indisputable.
Whether he know it was undone at the time he pulled off (having re-started the engine) is not so clear. In the heat of the moment, it is possible to argue that he may not have noticed until he was up and running.
Having said that, isn't it largely academic? Ignorance is not a defence against a safety-related issue. I do not recall any driver using an I-did-not-see-those-yellow-flags argument against any related sanction.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

mikeyg123
Posts: 17902
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by mikeyg123 »

tootsie323 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:30 pm
With all this to-ing and fro-ing about so-called facts and who is claiming what, can't we just keep it simple?
Leclerc drove around the circuit, under race conditions, with his safety harness undone. This should be indisputable.
Whether he know it was undone at the time he pulled off (having re-started the engine) is not so clear. In the heat of the moment, it is possible to argue that he may not have noticed until he was up and running.
Having said that, isn't it largely academic? Ignorance is not a defence against a safety-related issue. I do not recall any driver using an I-did-not-see-those-yellow-flags argument against any related sanction.
Hamilton used that exact defence only a few races ago in Austria didn't he? It worked as well until Red Bull proved there was one perfectly visible and the penalty was given just before the race.

Locked