FEEDBACK THREAD

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Covalent

Re: FEEDBACK THREAD

Post by Covalent »

Haven't been able to get in the forum for the past day or so, is it just me?
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

Right, so i've made a topic about restyling this place over on Off Topic. Suggestions/Critique/Help is much appreciated people.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13760

@Covalent, i've had no issues since I last mentioned the white screens.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Would there be a way for the forum software to automatically remove the first quote when they exceed the maximum allowed? Would save some time, effort and effed up quotes.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Will ask, but I can't promise anything.
Forum rules: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14979

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

:thumbup:

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

Its a giant ballache even if you have access to the underlying code, still a ballache if you are able to install mods to phpBB and if you can't do that (and I don't imagine you guys can) then it's a nigh on impossibility.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2141992

It's on old post but its the right idea, I just don't know if you guys have the power to implement it.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I'll pass that on to the techies but I make no promises.

Please report forum problems to us, via PM/Feedback Thread. Screenshots will also help.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Is anybody else being constantly logged out? Have had to sign in a good half a dozen times today already

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Zoue wrote:Is anybody else being constantly logged out? Have had to sign in a good half a dozen times today already

Possibly an issue with cookies. I've not had any problems, but if others have I'll chase it up.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

P-F1 Mod wrote:
Zoue wrote:Is anybody else being constantly logged out? Have had to sign in a good half a dozen times today already

Possibly an issue with cookies. I've not had any problems, but if others have I'll chase it up.

Ok cheers :thumbup:

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

It logged me out a few times earlier, but once I made sure to tick the 'stay logged in' box thing i've been signed in since.... been a good few hours.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Sounds like a cookies thing to me then, but it could be that the forum needs a clean. Will check that before the race if possible.

Blake

Post by Blake »

I'd like to recommend that the word "haters" go the way of "fanboy". It serves exactly the same kind of purpose from the opposite end of the spectrum.. a way of negatively classifying a person you disagree with. Haters also carries with it an even more harmful misrepresentation... that a person has a very personal and extreme dislike of another individual. Being a critic of another does not necessarily equate with HATE.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Agreed, Blake.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Getting a number of "HTTP error 500 - the forum.planet-f1.com page isn't working" messages today

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Sorry, been travelling all day. Not had any problems so far - if they persist I'll let the techies know.

Blake

Post by Blake »

I have been dealing with this for the past 2 weeks on my PC, my tablet is working OK as far as staying logged in. Today I have been numerous "forum is not responding" pages, only be able to refresh and have it come right back???
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Still getting that Error 500 message a lot

Blake

Post by Blake »

I am no having to refresh the virtually every page, rewrite posts as when I hit send, it says the page is not responding.... what is going on???
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Working now as far as I can tell. Techies have looked at it today I think.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

...Or maybe it's still broken. Will give the techies 24 hours and go from there.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Just to let you know, haven't had it for a few days now

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Re: Rightio, who's it gunna be

Mercedes has made the decision, and the discussion that followed on from there about the process is now a well and truly beaten horse. About time to move on and let that thread die.
{Insert clever sig line here}

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

...Made it back into the forum.

Zoue - sorry I only just saw your message, I've been trying to get into the thread since you posted.

RM - will lock when the servers let me.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

...and we're back to the 500 ERROR message

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Yeah same. It seems to start with a few days of constantly logging me out even though I select keep me logged in and after a few days of that I start getting the white error page.

Same thing as last time. Strange.
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Techies have been notified, not a lot else I can do in the meantime I'm afraid. I did find it ironic though that I've been browsing the forum for an hour or so with no problems, then I checked in here and hit an error wall.

Blake

Post by Blake »

Lotus49 wrote:Yeah same. It seems to start with a few days of constantly logging me out even though I select keep me logged in and after a few days of that I start getting the white error page.

It has been logging me out for over a month now, but no error pages... yet. If i dont post for a couple of hours, i have to log in again.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Blake wrote:
Lotus49 wrote:Yeah same. It seems to start with a few days of constantly logging me out even though I select keep me logged in and after a few days of that I start getting the white error page.

It has been logging me out for over a month now, but no error pages... yet. If i dont post for a couple of hours, i have to log in again.

It's a bit strange indeed. It's now stopped logging me out over the past 24-48hrs so fingers crossed it's behaving now!.
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Try ticking "keep me logged in" - that way it should only log you out when you do so manually.

In theory.

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

P-F1 Mod wrote:Try ticking "keep me logged in" - that way it should only log you out when you do so manually.

In theory.

Yeah I've been doing that but it's been pretty determined to keep me logged out. Hasn't been an issue for the last couple of days though so hopefully it's all good now.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Let us know if it happens again, hopefully it was related to the forum errors which seem to have vanished.

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

:thumbup:

St00rt

Post by St00rt »

First post here. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the dates on the planetf1.com site are all Mondays. Please note that the GP is one day before. The season starts on the 19th of March and not the 20th as shown on the calendar down the left hand side of the site. I did speak to a mod about this but I guess they haven't got around to rectifying.

P.S. Apologies if this has been raised :)

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

I told management, if they haven't acted on it that's not something I can do on their behalf I'm afraid.

Herb

Post by Herb »

I know its the off-season, but can we try to keep the testing thread on-topic to testing?

I'd rather not read through rehashes off arguments that have happened many times on the forum before.

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Hadn't actually looked at it yet to be honest. Will put a reminder in there now.

Herb

Post by Herb »

Forum is being a bit flakey again for me - anyone else?

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Herb wrote:Forum is being a bit flakey again for me - anyone else?

Yes me too:
The forum.planet-f1.com page isn’t working

forum.planet-f1.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Sorry for the slow reply, i couldn't get onto the forum. Have reported it.