It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:09 pm 

KingVoid wrote:
Germany is an interesting one, it really depends how much you difference you think that Verstappen makes in the rain.

In the wet, Max looked quicker than Bottas (who appeared to be holding him up), significantly quicker than Leclerc on equal tyres (about 1 second per lap), and much quicker than either Vettel or Gasly (by about 2 seconds per lap). Once Max got in the lead of the race, he pulled a gap more rapidly than Hamilton did.

I think that Verstappen is better than either Ferrari drivers in the wet, but I also believe that the Red Bull was probably a better car than the Ferrari in those conditions, so both factors made a difference.

This is actually wrong, I agree the Ferrari was faster, but Max didn't make a difference Vettel started 20th after qualifying problems and finished second which means Leclerc should have been further up the road before he crashed just like both Mercedes drivers.
Also when you are in clear air and whilst moving through the field definitely the lap time difference is going to be different not rocket science.

Discounting the people around him messing up and then praising him after he spun himself during that race about his wet weather skills just because he won.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:07 pm 

Rockie wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Germany is an interesting one, it really depends how much you difference you think that Verstappen makes in the rain.

In the wet, Max looked quicker than Bottas (who appeared to be holding him up), significantly quicker than Leclerc on equal tyres (about 1 second per lap), and much quicker than either Vettel or Gasly (by about 2 seconds per lap). Once Max got in the lead of the race, he pulled a gap more rapidly than Hamilton did.

I think that Verstappen is better than either Ferrari drivers in the wet, but I also believe that the Red Bull was probably a better car than the Ferrari in those conditions, so both factors made a difference.

This is actually wrong, I agree the Ferrari was faster, but Max didn't make a difference Vettel started 20th after qualifying problems and finished second which means Leclerc should have been further up the road before he crashed just like both Mercedes drivers.
Also when you are in clear air and whilst moving through the field definitely the lap time difference is going to be different not rocket science.

Discounting the people around him messing up and then praising him after he spun himself during that race about his wet weather skills just because he won.

Leclerc was further up the road before he crashed given he was lapping faster than Vettel as were all the leading cars, when the track was wet Vettel was actually struggling to keep up with the midfield drivers.

What Vettel did right was not to crash so with the help of SC's was in good position at the end of the race when the track had dried out.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)