Volkswagen end all factory support for non e-racing

Flash2k11

Volkswagen end all factory support for non e-racing

Post by Flash2k11 »

https://racer.com/2019/11/22/vw-to-focu ... otorsport/

The cynic in me thinks this is PR guff post 'diesel-gate', especially as none of the other manufacturers in the VAG group have even suggested similar, but it's a pretty seismic move from one of the major motor manufacturer players either way. Beginning of a chain reaction? I doubt it, but we shall see.

Guess this also means we can finally, finally put the 'will VW enter F1 next year' argument to bed.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

FormulaFun

Re: Volkswagen end all factory support for non e-racing

Post by FormulaFun »

Flash2k11 wrote:https://racer.com/2019/11/22/vw-to-focu ... otorsport/

The cynic in me thinks this is PR guff post 'diesel-gate', especially as none of the other manufacturers in the VAG group have even suggested similar, but it's a pretty seismic move from one of the major motor manufacturer players either way. Beginning of a chain reaction? I doubt it, but we shall see.

Guess this also means we can finally, finally put the 'will VW enter F1 next year' argument to bed.
Exactly this... Pretending now to care about the environment when it's obvious from their actions in the past that they clearly dont. Plus as you say Audi are continuing in ICE motorsports so it's just a PR move, but it'll look good to the general public who wouldnt realise

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

So no more Porsche racing ?

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Greenman wrote:.

So no more Porsche racing ?

Looks like it's only the VW brand, not the whole VW-Audi group.
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!