Following Singapore, which team will win the most races?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules

Poll ended at Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Ferrari
20%
Mercedes
75%
Red Bull
5%
All other teams combined
No votes

Total votes: 20

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Singapore appeared to turn the form book upside down. Of the remaining races, which team do we now expect to win the most of them?

kleefton

Re: Following Singapore, which team will win the most races?

Post by kleefton »

I’m not convinced of the Ferrari newfound pace yet. I just think that Singapore is a weird track on which Mercedes has struggled in recent years except last year because Lewis had an otherworldly qualifying lap. So I expect normal service to resume in Russia with Merc as the fastest car. Don’t think Ferrari will win another race. Think Redbull will win one and merc will win the rest.

But if I’m wrong and Ferrari wins Russia then I expect them to win quite a few more as their newfound pace in Singapore would be validated. But like I said I believe it was an outlier.

Vettel Fan

Post by Vettel Fan »

Mercedes is still the team to beat

JN23

Post by JN23 »

kleefton wrote:I’m not convinced of the Ferrari newfound pace yet. I just think that Singapore is a weird track on which Mercedes has struggled in recent years except last year because Lewis had an otherworldly qualifying lap. So I expect normal service to resume in Russia with Merc as the fastest car. Don’t think Ferrari will win another race. Think Redbull will win one and merc will win the rest.

But if I’m wrong and Ferrari wins Russia then I expect them to win quite a few more as their newfound pace in Singapore would be validated. But like I said I believe it was an outlier.
This is a good point and something that had crossed my mind.

Looking forward to the rest of the season as it could be really close. Shame it's come too late for a close title race.

KingVoid

Post by KingVoid »

Ferrari wins Russia and Abu Dhabi

Verstappen wins Mexico

Mercedes win Japan, USA and Brazil.

Johnson

Post by Johnson »

M : F : RB

10:3:2 current ratio

8:5:2 if Ferrari held on in Canada/Bahrain

Ferrari could end up with the fastest car over the year still, although it’s reliability what will still likely drag it behind Mercedes overall (unless they become very unreliable).

Yellowbin74

Post by Yellowbin74 »

Voted Merc.

The slow lap times to allow Ferrari to stretch the stop, coupled with multiple late safety cars meant they didn't suffer the tyre deg they often get.

Spa - one more lap Lewis probably would have won.
Italy - if the stewards hadn't bottled it Lewis probably would have won (or at least a Merc)

I think it will be normal service resumed at Russia.

Even as a Lewis fan, I'm very much enjoying seeing the Mercs pushed.
Should I grow a beard?

F1 MERCENARY

Post by F1 MERCENARY »

I think at this point they're pretty equal and it will come down to the drivers themselves and in that regard Ferrari's tandem is better than Mercedes because Bottas is hit or miss at times. He's excellent overall, but can struggle at times to be close enough to win races or help Lewis.

And I agree Yellowbin74, while I am a Lewis fan, I love the sport in general and I'd rather see close battles for wins and the more teams in the mix the better.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the pressure Ferrari is applying as well as their inter-team war being raged currently. Personally I like Vettel as well and would love to see him find his top form and proceed to show Leclerc he's no pushover.
HAMILTON :: VERSTAPPEN :: LECLERC :: BOTTAS :: VETTEL :: SAINZ :: NORRIS
KVYAT :: RAIKKONEN :: RUSSEL :: ALBON :: RICCIARDO :: HULKENBURG :: PEREZ
STROLL :: MAGNUSSEN :: GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: GIOVANAZZI :: KUBICA