Race team face masks....

ozf1nut1972

Race team face masks....

Post by ozf1nut1972 »

Does anyone know where McLaren / Ferrari get their face masks manufactured.....

Asphalt_World

Re: Race team face masks....

Post by Asphalt_World »

No, but there's a fair chance they knock them up themselves.
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

JN23

Post by JN23 »

$45!!!

A_Game_A_Day

Post by A_Game_A_Day »

I'd been wondering since last week & finding it fascinating comparing the teams with bespoke masks vs. standard surgical masks.

I baulked at the cost of the McLaren mask - £35 - but then saw the manufacturer's own shop lists the same for €39 so not the usual markup we see on F1 merchandise!

Mod Titanium

Post by Mod Titanium »

@ Jn23 I expected them to cost more to be honest. As @A_game_A_day mentioned the F1 merch mark up is quite high. A quick google search brought forth many similar variations as well at a more reasonable price.

- Mod Team

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Mod Titanium wrote:@ Jn23 I expected them to cost more to be honest. As @A_game_A_day mentioned the F1 merch mark up is quite high. A quick google search brought forth many similar variations as well at a more reasonable price.

Yeah that's a fair point.

F1 MERCENARY

Post by F1 MERCENARY »

Mod Titanium wrote:@ Jn23 I expected them to cost more to be honest. As @A_game_A_day mentioned the F1 merch mark up is quite high. A quick google search brought forth many similar variations as well at a more reasonable price.

Understatement of the century. That is precisely why F1 costs are so absurdly exorbitantly high… Because people no longer respect money quite like they used to.

Today costs of products are set randomly according to what people THINK they should be priced at rather than assessing cost of materials, production, and overhead, and people give in to their desire for something over practical cost. These masks can't cost more than a couple of dollars to produce yet the markup is insanely high. What F1 people fail to realize is the old adage of the Cow(s), the valley and running down vs walking down.

If they set their price more fairly, they'd likely sell many thousands more units and thus make a greater profit across the board.

I'll stick with my medical grade masks for less than $1 a piece thanks!
HAMILTON :: VERSTAPPEN :: LECLERC :: BOTTAS :: VETTEL :: SAINZ :: NORRIS
KVYAT :: RAIKKONEN :: RUSSEL :: ALBON :: RICCIARDO :: HULKENBURG :: PEREZ
STROLL :: MAGNUSSEN :: GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: GIOVANAZZI :: KUBICA

Biffa

Post by Biffa »

Judging by the frequency the drivers have to adjust them whilst being interviewed would suggest the Macca mask is not one of their finest engineering achievements. Hopefully there are some updates due for next race ;-)

tim3003

Post by tim3003 »

To me, drivers wearing masks all the time - even for the post-race interviews conducted out of doors, at a distance - seems absurd. It is hard to hear what they say and I imagine it's really a pain to take off a hot crash helmet and have to put on a mask! I'm sure F1 think they're setting a good example, but isn't it overkill to wear them on an empty grid? No-one else is advocating having to wear them outside, so why is F1? I don't see footballers or cricketers wearing them on the pitch..

TheGiantHogweed

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

Something I notice is that the masks designed by teams are often overly fashionable and not practical at all. The one on Norris would hardly stay in place. He constantly hat to touch it to get it back on correctly which ellimitates the purpose of it IMO. The cheap ones the crews wear do their job far better and stay in place!