Engine penalties

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
JN23

Engine penalties

Post by JN23 »

It has been proposed to replace grid penalties for exceeding the engine allowance with ballast penalties. Safe to say the team principal's were not impressed.

https://www.racefans.net/2019/09/20/it- ... ess-teams/

There is probably no perfect answer to this conundrum of how to penalise the team/driver/both for using extra engines but I'm interested to hear what others think to Cyril Abiteboul's idea of giving drivers time penalties to be served at pitstops/added to their time at the end of the race. Personally, I think that might be a better idea than grid penalties.

Covalent

Re: Engine penalties

Post by Covalent »

Hmm how about letting the team choose which of the three penalties proposed they'll take?
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Covalent wrote:Hmm how about letting the team choose which of the three penalties proposed they'll take?

Interesting idea... I reckon eventually they'd all agree which of the penalties is the best option and all choose that one, whichever one it is.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

JN23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:Hmm how about letting the team choose which of the three penalties proposed they'll take?

Interesting idea... I reckon eventually they'd all agree which of the penalties is the best option and all choose that one, whichever one it is.

Would probably vary from track to track if they managed to balance the penalties well.
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)