2019 Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread

pokerman

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Threa

Post by pokerman »

Ferrari used a lot of softs and no run on the mediums, unusual?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Maybe this updated part of the bargeboard made Haas as competitive as Red Bull:

Source - www.imgur.com
Feel The Fourth

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

UnlikeUday wrote:Maybe this updated part of the bargeboard made Haas as competitive as Red Bull:

Source - http://www.imgur.com

that looks insanely complicated!

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

According to one report Mercedes are gaining up to 4 tenths in the final sector alone. That's monstrous!

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

Zoue wrote:According to one report Mercedes are gaining up to 4 tenths in the final sector alone. That's monstrous!

Hamilton quickest lap was 5/10's is S3.

Seems Mercedes are dominate in the cooler temps there as well.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Zoue wrote:According to one report Mercedes are gaining up to 4 tenths in the final sector alone. That's monstrous!

Looks good for them in Monaco in two weeks.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Few drops of rain in the pit lane!

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Renault should hang their heads in shame at the way they've started this season.

Gone from 4th best to maybe 7th or 8th.
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Britain - 20) - 142 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 372 trophies available, 27 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Jezza13 wrote:Renault should hang their heads in shame at the way they've started this season.

yeah they should at least be beating their customer but they're some 6 tenths behind

TheGiantHogweed

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

Kubica looking very poor. 1.2 seconds behind Russle. we say Stroll is poor and he isn't even 2 tenths behind Perez. I really don't know if williams will keep him the whole season. I know Williams is bad, but I don't think there has been a weaker driver in F1 for quite some years. Given what he has been through, that does make me change my view a bit, but ignoring that and looking at his performance, it just doesn't look good enough.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:Kubica looking very poor. 1.2 seconds behind Russle. we say Stroll is poor and he isn't even 2 tenths behind Perez. I really don't know if williams will keep him the whole season. I know Williams is bad, but I don't think there has been a weaker driver in F1 for quite some years. Given what he has been through, that does make me change my view a bit, but ignoring that and looking at his performance, it just doesn't look good enough.

I'd have to agree he doesn't look like he belongs at the moment

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

So Ric just did a 1:17.3 so what on earth were Renault playing at coasting in Q1? That's a full second faster than either Renault's Q1 time?

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:Kubica looking very poor. 1.2 seconds behind Russle. we say Stroll is poor and he isn't even 2 tenths behind Perez. I really don't know if williams will keep him the whole season. I know Williams is bad, but I don't think there has been a weaker driver in F1 for quite some years. Given what he has been through, that does make me change my view a bit, but ignoring that and looking at his performance, it just doesn't look good enough.

I believe they switched their chassis as he was complaining about them not being equal. But He’s even further behind. Nowhere to hide now. Ocon in the car by the summer is a possibility.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Damn, both McLaren's out

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Zoue wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:Renault should hang their heads in shame at the way they've started this season.

yeah they should at least be beating their customer but they're some 6 tenths behind

Well in the end Ricciardo ended up 3/10's quicker than the quickest McLaren but it's still not good enough from a factory team with the resources they have at their disposal.
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Britain - 20) - 142 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 372 trophies available, 27 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

kleefton wrote:

I believe they switched their chassis as he was complaining about them not being equal. But He’s even further behind. Nowhere to hide now. Ocon in the car by the summer is a possibility.

There was a supposed rumour Kubica would be replaced by Latifi before the season ends. Kubica is sadly struggling.
Feel The Fourth

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Jezza13 wrote:
Zoue wrote:

Well in the end Ricciardo ended up 3/10's quicker than the quickest McLaren but it's still not good enough from a factory team with the resources they have at their disposal.

Agreed. They look to have really messed up in Q1 too because clearly they'd turned things down too much and nearly had both cars out

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

kleefton wrote:

I read that somewhere too. If they keep him it's looking like the reasons must be financial

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

UnlikeUday wrote:
kleefton wrote:

There was a supposed rumour Kubica would be replaced by Latifi before the season ends. Kubica is sadly struggling.

Latifi doesn't have the licence points so that's a non starter. I don't see Williams replacing Kubica unless there is a financial incentive to. Him being a second behind Russell costs them nothing whilst they are miles off the pace.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Oops looks like an issue with Leclerc's car

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Holy...?

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Zoue wrote:Holy...?

Not Hamilton's best lap but I think Bottas has the pace on him here, again.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Damn bottas!

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

JN23 wrote:

Hamilton has a penchant for fighting back in qualifying to be fair. He's pretty reliable in that regard

The time they gain in the final sector is unreal.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

wow Leclerc no higher than P5...

Badgeronimous

Post by Badgeronimous »

Not really sure why Ferrari have sent Leclerc out so early here?

JN23

Post by JN23 »

I'm actually starting to find Hamilton's struggles* compared to Bottas quite bizzare.

*I know they aren't really struggles in the grand scheme of things.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Zoue wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Hamilton has a penchant for fighting back in qualifying to be fair. He's pretty reliable in that regard

The time they gain in the final sector is unreal.

I stand corrected! Bottas can be pretty proud of that one I think. 6 tenths on Hamilton is no mean feat

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Wow, incredible from Bottas and Verstappen.

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Hamilton beaten easily by Bottas
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Mayox

Post by Mayox »

Over 0,6 sec.... it's a KO tbh and it's 3 in a row now...

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Verstappen is an animal of a driver. The driver of 2019 so far and the fastest out there right now IMO.

In other news is Leclerc being a bit overblown? All the hype but he's only really beaten Vettel once so far. He's good but certainly no Ricciardo.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

pokerman wrote:Hamilton beaten easily by Bottas

he didn't manage to string a lap together, to be fair. I don't think it's reflective of ultimate pace.

It's rare for Hamilton to mess up in qualifying. I think he's allowed one poor Saturday! :twisted:

Steve_muzzy

Post by Steve_muzzy »

Wow. Did not expect that. 6 tenths is forever...

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

mikeyg123 wrote:Verstappen is an animal of a driver. The driver of 2019 so far and the fastest out there right now IMO.

In other news is Leclerc being a bit overblown? All the hype but he's only really beaten Vettel once so far. He's good but certainly no Ricciardo.

I think Russel deserves a shout, too. It's the closest any Williams has been to another car and he completely trounced his team mate

Leclerc messed up my two by two prediction :evil: . To be fair to him he's this is the first time Vettel looks to have outclassed him I think?

Rockie

Post by Rockie »

The quicker Pirelli get out of F1 the better, just a 2 degree temperature drop.

Rockie

Post by Rockie »

mikeyg123 wrote:Verstappen is an animal of a driver. The driver of 2019 so far and the fastest out there right now IMO.

This is due to Gasly and nothing else, if Ricciardo was still in the other car it wont look abnormal the Redbull car is exactly where it is supposed to be!

Where would you put Bottas then?

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Rockie wrote:The quicker Pirelli get out of F1 the better, just a 2 degree temperature drop.

Yeah. No one improved on their last runs. All were about 1/2 second slower, mainly through the 3rd sector.
Feel The Fourth

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Bottas really smashed Hamilton here. He’s been so impressive so far. Looks like Lewis may have a real battle on his hands. Ferrari is no longer a contender for the title in my book. I think Rosberg was right when he said their concept lacks downforce. It’s doubtful they will be able to find enough downforce throughout the yea while merc won’t be standing still. Disappointing for the sport but you’ve gotta give it up for Merc as they have produced another phenomenal car again after yet another regulation change. Unbelievable. Kudos to Max who continues to punch above his weight, and Vettel for outclassing Leclerc here. That race has all the ingredients to be an absolute borefest but I hope Lewis finds a way past, although I must say it’s going to be impossible if he doesn’t do it at the start.
Last edited by kleefton on Sat May 11, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Why do I feel tomorrow's race might be the most boring race of the season.
Feel The Fourth