Post by UnlikeUday »

For me,

Albon....

Hamilton & Verstappen
Feel The Fourth

Zoue

Re: Driver(s) of the Day - 2019 Chinese Grand Prix

Post by Zoue »

Yeah I went for Albon, too. Shout out to Kimi for some good moves but I think he gave up at the end so will mark him down for that

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Albon.

With honorable mention of Raikkonen.
The end is near

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Albon, Kimi and Perez. I don't think that Force India had any business being in 8th and hassling Ricciardo for 7th
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

TheGiantHogweed

Post by TheGiantHogweed »

mcdo wrote:Albon, Kimi and Perez. I don't think that Force India had any business being in 8th and hassling Ricciardo for 7th

So perez has taken his car where it shouldn't be? Well that's not good of him! ;)

I think he just made the most of his strategy and did better than most others that did that.

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

Albon, Hamilton and Raikkonen, though Perez wasn't far from this discussion either.

Big drive for Albon, especially with Gasly's very obvious struggles in the big team. Hamilton rectified his recent crappy starts and then never looked under any threat from Bottas therafter, which was a bit surprising after how Qualy went. Kimi still looks like he has the speed of the top guys, was a shame he couldn't get the Renault at the end.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:
mcdo wrote:Albon, Kimi and Perez. I don't think that Force India had any business being in 8th and hassling Ricciardo for 7th

So perez has taken his car where it shouldn't be? Well that's not good of him! ;)

I think he just made the most of his strategy and did better than most others that did that.

Factor in his unreal start and you've got one of the drives of the day
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

BMWSauber84

Post by BMWSauber84 »

Hamilton, Verstappen and Albon with honorable mentions for Perez, Raikkonen, and Ricciardo.

MV had no right to split the Ferrari's in that Red Bull. The best I can say for Gasly after a tough race is that he at least managed to do the "bare minimum" result of 6th place. He was also (just about) quick enough to take a fastest lap point away from Vettel. It's faint praise but I think he's worth persevering with.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

mcdo wrote:
TheGiantHogweed wrote:

Factor in his unreal start and you've got one of the drives of the day

And considering RP is still behind the likes of Renault, Haas, Alfa Romeo & even Sauber. It's Checo's driving that earned him 8th. He shoved his car in front a few cars between turns 1 to 3 on 1st lap.
Feel The Fourth

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

TheGiantHogweed wrote:

Didn't Stroll get a shed load of votes in Melbourne for a good start and a good strategy?

purchville

Post by purchville »

Verstappen spun on the parade lap...luckily it didn't cost him anything but takes him out of contention for DOTD for me, when many other drivers had faultless days.

Albon, Kimi, Perez
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 6 victories (Italy '19, Mexico '18, Singapore '18, USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 6 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Albon, Hamilton and Ricciardo for me.

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

Flash2k11 wrote:Albon, Hamilton and Raikkonen, though Perez wasn't far from this discussion either.

Big drive for Albon, especially with Gasly's very obvious struggles in the big team. Hamilton rectified his recent crappy starts and then never looked under any threat from Bottas therafter, which was a bit surprising after how Qualy went. Kimi still looks like he has the speed of the top guys, was a shame he couldn't get the Renault at the end.

What we have seen in two plus years of Hamilton/Bottas is that Valteri can sometimes give Lewis a run for his money on Saturdays but that Lewis is almost always faster on Sundays.

Paolo_Lasardi

Post by Paolo_Lasardi »

Albon

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

I've already voted unfortunately but the more I think about it the more I think Verstappen should get more plaudits. He really had no business beating one Ferrari and very nearly got Vettel, too. Gasly looks like he's driving a Toro Rosso by comparison. Still think Albon just edges it but Max is keeping that Red Bull in the hunt by sheer willpower it seems

j man

Post by j man »

Zoue wrote:I've already voted unfortunately but the more I think about it the more I think Verstappen should get more plaudits. He really had no business beating one Ferrari and very nearly got Vettel, too. Gasly looks like he's driving a Toro Rosso by comparison. Still think Albon just edges it but Max is keeping that Red Bull in the hunt by sheer willpower it seems

:thumbup:

Verstappen has been the standout performer so far this season for me. I don't think that Red Bull is as good as he's making it look.

paulsf1fix

Post by paulsf1fix »

For me Albon, I hope he continues this type of form as he's proving to be a good driver...

Also Hamilton, Perez, Kimi and Danny Ric get my :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Raikkonen.

Honorable mention to Valtteri Bottas whose only real misstep today was a bad start. Would have been tough for Lewis to pass him.

Feel sorry for Charles Leclerc who even according to Mattia Binotto was made vulnerable to the undercut from Verstappen.
Mission WinLater

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Same three for me. :thumbup:
PICK 10 COMPETITION (5 wins, 17 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

A few standout performers in this race. Albon, Kimi, Hamilton, Verstappen, Perez and Ricciardo all deserving of recognition.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

As per Karun Chandhok, if Gasly will be replaced by any driver, it won't be Kvyat but Albon. I agree as Albon is completely overshadowing Kvyat.
Feel The Fourth

JN23

Post by JN23 »

UnlikeUday wrote:As per Karun Chandhok, if Gasly will be replaced by any driver, it won't be Kvyat but Albon. I agree as Albon is completely overshadowing Kvyat.

Probably a bit early to be talking about putting Albon in the Red Bull but if it becomes more of a possibility I really hope they don't rush him in there.

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

sandman1347 wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:Albon, Hamilton and Raikkonen, though Perez wasn't far from this discussion either.

What we have seen in two plus years of Hamilton/Bottas is that Valteri can sometimes give Lewis a run for his money on Saturdays but that Lewis is almost always faster on Sundays.

Totally agree, Bottas' main strength is in his qualifying.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

sandman1347 wrote:A few standout performers in this race. Albon, Kimi, Hamilton, Verstappen, Perez and Ricciardo all deserving of recognition.

Yeah too many too vote for, I normally like to stick with just the one but have gone for Hamilton and Albon, pit lane into the points and with no SC helping, impressive.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

JN23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:As per Karun Chandhok, if Gasly will be replaced by any driver, it won't be Kvyat but Albon. I agree as Albon is completely overshadowing Kvyat.

Probably a bit early to be talking about putting Albon in the Red Bull but if it becomes more of a possibility I really hope they don't rush him in there.

It would be totally crazy to do that, Albon is still learning F1.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

JN23

Post by JN23 »

pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Yep, they should give him two years in the Toro Rosso first and if he proves good enough promote him then.

I wonder if Red Bull decide Gasly wasn't up to it and get rid at the end of the season, maybe they'd have to look outside their driver programme if they judge it too soon for Albon and Kvyat not up to it. Was Webber the last driver they got from another team that isn't Toro Rosso in 2007?

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Hamilton managed it. Leclerc only had one year before joining Ferrari. If you're good, you shouldn't need a long apprenticeship

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Hamilton managed it. Leclerc only had one year before joining Ferrari. If you're good, you shouldn't need a long apprenticeship

Leclerc still had a full season, Hamilton is an all time great, you're looking to compare Albon with Hamilton, every driver has to be an all time great to get a top drive not just merely very good?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

Leclerc still had a full season, Hamilton is an all time great, you're looking to compare Albon with Hamilton, every driver has to be an all time great to get a top drive not just merely very good?

I'm simply saying that if a driver is top drawer then he won't need an apprenticeship. And if he's not top drawer then I don't see Red Bull being interested anyway. Verstappen had just over one season; Kimi had a single season and famously only 23 single seater races before that when McLaren snapped him up. The best drivers will shine and if he can't survive then he's probably not Red Bull material. Maybe harsh but true

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:Probably a bit early to be talking about putting Albon in the Red Bull but if it becomes more of a possibility I really hope they don't rush him in there.

I'm simply saying that if a driver is top drawer then he won't need an apprenticeship. And if he's not top drawer then I don't see Red Bull being interested anyway. Verstappen had just over one season; Kimi had a single season and famously only 23 single seater races before that when McLaren snapped him up. The best drivers will shine and if he can't survive then he's probably not Red Bull material. Maybe harsh but true

Kimi and Verstappen still had a full season in F1 before joining top teams, such early season culling of drivers would see drivers like Button and Rosberg out of F1 after their rookie seasons.

Gasly has 3 races then he's out, Albon has 3 races he doean't perform then he's out as well, also there's nothing to determine that Albon is better than Gasly anyway?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

pokerman wrote:
Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:Leclerc still had a full season, Hamilton is an all time great, you're looking to compare Albon with Hamilton, every driver has to be an all time great to get a top drive not just merely very good?

Kimi and Verstappen still had a full season in F1 before joining top teams, such early season culling of drivers would see drivers like Button and Rosberg out of F1 after their rookie seasons.

Gasly has 3 races then he's out, Albon has 3 races he doean't perform then he's out as well, also there's nothing to determine that Albon is better than Gasly anyway?

Well I don't believe I suggested Gasly be replaced immediately. My comment was purely on whether promoting Albon would be too early for him.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Zoue wrote:
pokerman wrote:
JN23 wrote:

For me it's more that I don't rate Albon to be that level, more of a level where he could have a decent F1 career and he therefore might need a little bit of time to develop. Going up against Verstappen after one season could destroy him.