Ferrari SF 90

Jezza13

Ferrari SF 90

Post by Jezza13 »

Last edited by Jezza13 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Only took 7 yrs, 5 mths & 21 days.

Cooper, Arrows, Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell, Minardi, McLaren, Sauber, Williams,

Remember the garagista's. The heart & soul of F1. They raced to race.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

ManicOversteer

Re: Ferrari SF 90

Post by ManicOversteer »

Livery-wise that is stunning. :thumbup:
This and the Mclaren are my favourites so far.
Vettel Perez Ricciardo Sainz Leclerc

PF1s Pick 10 Competition
Wins: 2 (Malaysia and Singapore 2012)
2011 Rubens Barrichello Trophy Winner (17th)
2012 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)
2013 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)

Sutton

Post by Sutton »

I like the black

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

Bit too much branding stickers for my liking & the fluorescent lighting probably made it look more Orange during launch event. But I do like matte finish.
Clear evolution of last year with lot of similarities.

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Yeah, very orange-y isn't it?

I do like it. I also kind of like the big lettered MM!

Jenson's Understeer

Post by Jenson's Understeer »

Apparently I'm going against the grain here but... I really don't like the black (which in some of the photos appears to be more of a slate grey) on the Mission Winnow logos, and it just kills the livery for me.
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x8
2020: 9th | 2019: 11th | 2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th

Option or Prime

Post by Option or Prime »

Bit boring for me....it just a red car. For a less cosmetic opinion those side pods are huge!

Mayox

Post by Mayox »

Siao7 wrote:Yeah, very orange-y isn't it?

This is the foto without the lights - no ornage, bloody red :)

jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

Much better in proper lighting.

TedStriker

Post by TedStriker »

You mean the cigarette advertisement? :nod:

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

Mayox wrote:

This is the foto without the lights - no ornage, bloody red :)

Thanks, I know it was the lights, it was a similar case last year or the year before I think, the car looked orange in the presentation

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

TedStriker wrote:

Haha, touche.

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

The dark colour of the title sponsor, compared to last years white, is to represent how lungs change colour after a year of smoking.

Clever stuff!
Instagram @simply_italian_cars

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

I hate to say that I really love this livery. The car itself is also very impressive though a bit more conservative than I was expecting. Front wing looks completely focused on maximizing outwash rather than maximizing downforce. The one area where they seem to be extremely aggressive is with the barge boards. Very far forward and very developed. Very tight rear as well. Also, I thought shark fins were banned lol.

wolfticket

Post by wolfticket »

Asphalt_World wrote:The dark colour of the title sponsor, compared to last years white, is to represent how lungs change colour after a year of smoking.

Clever stuff!
:)

As vehement as their denials were that the white Wishywashy Minnow branding in any way reflected the Marlboro chevron, one has to wonder whether the switch to black was a fairly last minute thing...
===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶===

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Don't like the, for Ferrari, unusual big and somewhat cumbersome inscription behind the drivers, but as long as Vettel wins, I will forgive them :)
The end is near

Option or Prime

Post by Option or Prime »

sandman1347 wrote:I hate to say that I really love this livery. The car itself is also very impressive though a bit more conservative than I was expecting. Front wing looks completely focused on maximizing outwash rather than maximizing downforce. The one area where they seem to be extremely aggressive is with the barge boards. Very far forward and very developed. Very tight rear as well. Also, I thought shark fins were banned lol.
At least someone has commented on the cars potential rather than how red it is. It is a different design to the others but a development of last years car. Ferrari had good years in 2017 and 2018 with significant progress. Can you still make a big step forward without a full revamp?

Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

I like the black in the livery (although I think the Halo looked better red), although I'm not sold on the matte paint. It'll probably look better on track. For now, I think the matte makes it harder to discern the shape of the car in the pictures, which makes it more difficult to speculate on exactly what's changed. It definitely looks like an evolution of last year's car to me, though; hopefully that's a good thing, since last year's car was pretty good.
Qualifying Prediction Game 2019 Champion [8 wins]
Pick 10: 2016: 22nd | 2017: 21st | 2018: 3rd | 2019: 20th
Top Three: 2016: 9th [6th] | 2017: 16th [6th] | 2018: 4th [4th] | 2019: 3rd [1st]

BMWSauber84

Post by BMWSauber84 »

The talk of this being an evolution of last years car is maybe a little worrying. Obviously that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure it talkies with what the former team principal was saying, basically that last years car wasn't quite good enough and it was causing Vettel to overdrive and make mistakes.

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

BMWSauber84 wrote:The talk of this being an evolution of last years car is maybe a little worrying. Obviously that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure it talkies with what the former team principal was saying, basically that last years car wasn't quite good enough and it was causing Vettel to overdrive and make mistakes.
That's nonsense. The car was the strongest in the field at more races than any other. Vettel's mistakes can't be blamed on the car.

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

sandman1347 wrote:
BMWSauber84 wrote:The talk of this being an evolution of last years car is maybe a little worrying. Obviously that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not sure it talkies with what the former team principal was saying, basically that last years car wasn't quite good enough and it was causing Vettel to overdrive and make mistakes.
That's nonsense. The car was the strongest in the field at more races than any other. Vettel's mistakes can't be blamed on the car.
Yeah, agreed. If the car is simply as good as it was last year (relative to Mercedes/RBR), it's good enough to win. Considering that Merc seem to just be evolving their car every year, I think playing it safe and doubling down on what they've already got is a good play by Ferrari.

And of course the most important factor in the Ferrari v. Mercedes war is the bit that's hidden under the cover, so we'll find out in testing how that part of the development war has gone over the winter...
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

Exediron wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:
Yeah, agreed. If the car is simply as good as it was last year (relative to Mercedes/RBR), it's good enough to win. Considering that Merc seem to just be evolving their car every year, I think playing it safe and doubling down on what they've already got is a good play by Ferrari.

And of course the most important factor in the Ferrari v. Mercedes war is the bit that's hidden under the cover, so we'll find out in testing how that part of the development war has gone over the winter...
True, though I'd argue the most important factor in the Ferrari v. Mercedes war has been the guy behind the wheel. Perhaps that's where Ferrari will make a step forward this year...

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

TedStriker wrote:

Couldn't be a sneaky reference to Marlboro now could it????
Mission WinLater

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

wolfticket wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:The dark colour of the title sponsor, compared to last years white, is to represent how lungs change colour after a year of smoking.

Clever stuff!
:)

As vehement as their denials were that the white Wishywashy Minnow branding in any way reflected the Marlboro chevron, one has to wonder whether the switch to black was a fairly last minute thing...
:thumbup: :nod:
Mission WinLater

Invade

Post by Invade »

8/10

Looks terrific and I especially like the front wing. I wonder who has the best concept? The regulations have made for several interesting front wing concepts.

F1 MERCENARY

Post by F1 MERCENARY »

Part of the front wing is very borrowed from McLaren. 😉
HAMILTON :: VERSTAPPEN :: LECLERC :: BOTTAS :: VETTEL :: SAINZ :: NORRIS
KVYAT :: RAIKKONEN :: RUSSEL :: ALBON :: RICCIARDO :: HULKENBURG :: PEREZ
STROLL :: MAGNUSSEN :: GROSJEAN :: GASLY :: GIOVANAZZI :: KUBICA

Rockie

Post by Rockie »

Exediron wrote:
sandman1347 wrote:

A car that was beaten by a full second in Catalunya or a car that could not stretch its legs against RBR in quite a number of races asides mexico I cant remember races where the Mercedes struggled against RBR, yes Vettel made his mistakes but Ferrari will want to lead from the front and not have to struggle no one wins a championship coming from behind.

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

F1 MERCENARY wrote:Part of the front wing is very borrowed from McLaren. 😉
Interesting observation, which part? I haven't noticed it. It would be nice to have a comparison of all the cars

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

yeah, but I think he was only talking about minor differences. Overall, the car was very competitive so it was a pretty good baseline to have, regardless of whether you think the car was the best or 2nd best.

minchy

Post by minchy »

Just an observation from all the cars so far, all the front wings are MASSIVE! It's amazing how much bigger they all look, even if they are simpler aero wise.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

jimmyj

Post by jimmyj »

minchy wrote:Just an observation from all the cars so far, all the front wings are MASSIVE! It's amazing how much bigger they all look, even if they are simpler aero wise.
Let's see how many times they trip over them and break them off.

AstoriaisBACK

Post by AstoriaisBACK »

SF90 looks strong. leads laps both days and time sheets regardless of fuel loads, tires, the teams know the true speed and everyone is saying they look fast. Need to keep the development up to high levels, so far so good.
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi

BeOnEdge

Post by BeOnEdge »

jimmyj wrote:
minchy wrote:Just an observation from all the cars so far, all the front wings are MASSIVE! It's amazing how much bigger they all look, even if they are simpler aero wise.
Let's see how many times they trip over them and break them off.
First few races could certainly be intersting... Especially with the amount of rookies this year who will no doubt be pushing themselves to the limits trying to prove themselves
Alfa Romeo Racing

PF1 Autosport GP 2017: 3rd Place