Feel The Fourth

JN23

Re: 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thr

Post by JN23 »

Anyone got any race pace numbers?

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

JN23 wrote:Anyone got any race pace numbers?
Kindly wait for 6-9 hours & I'll post them here.
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Horner being cheeky:
Feel The Fourth

stevey

Post by stevey »

Toto is probably the only person in F1 I would not mess with.

I expect him to pick up Horner and plant him 3ft into the ground.

:lol:

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Here are the lap times of the top 6 drivers:

Source - www.imgur.com

Source - www.imgur.com

Source - www.imgur.com

Source - www.imgur.com

Source - www.imgur.com
Feel The Fourth

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Thanks Uday :thumbup:

j man

Post by j man »

UnlikeUday wrote:A lot of paint & concrete was coming off the kerb on turn 20. Literally, all drivers drove over it & had concerns.

Source - http://www.imgur.com
Here's a novel idea... how about they don't drive over it then?

I'm sure if there was a wall there then they'd all avoid it without much trouble.

jiminwatford

Post by jiminwatford »

UnlikeUday wrote:A lot of paint & concrete was coming off the kerb on turn 20. Literally, all drivers drove over it & had concerns.

Not sure if true

jiminwatford

Post by jiminwatford »

tootsie323 wrote:I generally find that it's not so much the location / circuit, more what is at stake, or what pokayes out. Hamilton desperately trying to back Rosberg into the following cars back in 2016 is one that springs to mind.
Six or seven times i've read this

What does pokayes mean?

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

jiminwatford wrote:
tootsie323 wrote:I generally find that it's not so much the location / circuit, more what is at stake, or what pokayes out. Hamilton desperately trying to back Rosberg into the following cars back in 2016 is one that springs to mind.

What does pokayes mean?
plays?
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 96 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 166 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

As per Formula 1's official website, here is the classification based on long run pace:

Source - www.imgur.com
Feel The Fourth

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

pokerman wrote:
jiminwatford wrote:

What does pokayes mean?
plays?
Thanks! It means that I have ten thumbs at a keyboard. 'Plays' is it - that is one impressive typo, if I say so myself.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

UnlikeUday wrote:As per Formula 1's official website, here is the classification based on long run pace:

Somehow, I don't believe these at all! :lol:
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Exediron wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:As per Formula 1's official website, here is the classification based on long run pace:

Somehow, I don't believe these at all! :lol:
I'd love to know how they work that out. I imagine come Sunday it's going to be pretty even again between the front three.

lucifers

Post by lucifers »

Ferrari and Mercedes now showing what they've got

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Yep, expect that if everyone puts a decent lap in then Merc and Ferrari will have the front two rows with Red Bull 5th and 6th.

Although in possibly the least unsurprising news of the weekend, Ricciardo has broken down.

lucifers

Post by lucifers »

Problems for Ricardo again

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Grosjean lacking situational awareness again!
Feel The Fourth

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Feel The Fourth

purchville

Post by purchville »

lucifers wrote:Problems for Ricardo again
Kind of vindicates his decision, regardless of the pace of Renault at Melbourne 2019 (thinking longer term). If you have more mechanical retirements in one year than Lewis Hamilton has had in the last 5 years...and more than half of those are NOT engine issues...and that's not counting issues in practice that have seen him take grid penalties...Sure he'll be sad to say goodbye to some of the people in the team. But. overall I'd say good riddance. I no longer think that it's coincidental that most of this has occurred since he said he was leaving the team. It is clear that since he announced his move that the reliability of his car has become a secondary thought at RBR. The worst reliability of a Red Bull car since about 2008 I'd guess.

Crossing fingers that they fix the issue for qualy and he pips Max again, for a last hurrah. My hopes for him actually finishing the race, however, have diminished.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition:
- 6 victories (Germany '20, Italy '19, Mexico '18, Singapore '18, USA '17, USA '16, Mexico '16),
- 7 podiums
- 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 2014 Championship 6th position
- 2016 Championship 9th position

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

purchville wrote:
Kind of vindicates his decision, regardless of the pace of Renault at Melbourne 2019 (thinking longer term). If you have more mechanical retirements in one year than Lewis Hamilton has had in the last 5 years...and more than half of those are NOT engine issues...and that's not counting issues in practice that have seen him take grid penalties...Sure he'll be sad to say goodbye to some of the people in the team. But. overall I'd say good riddance. I no longer think that it's coincidental that most of this has occurred since he said he was leaving the team. It is clear that since he announced his move that the reliability of his car has become a secondary thought at RBR. The worst reliability of a Red Bull car since about 2008 I'd guess.

Crossing fingers that they fix the issue for qualy and he pips Max again, for a last hurrah. My hopes for him actually finishing the race, however, have diminished.
Max is not suffering any issues at all. Either it's not a coincidence Danny is suffering more since he decided to part ways or he's just a car breaker!!!!!!
Feel The Fourth

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

UnlikeUday wrote:
purchville wrote:

Max is not suffering any issues at all. Either it's not a coincidence Danny is suffering more since he decided to part ways or he's just a car breaker!!!!!!
Is it just me or have RB seemed to regularly have issues keep both cars on track on a regular basis over the years?

There always seems to be one car constantly having reliability issues and as much as RB want to try to blame Renault for their woes, the fact that that the factory team & McLaren have'nt had the PU problems RB have had screams to me it's a RB issue and not a Renault one.

I was hopeful Ricciardo would leave RB and go to Renault if Merc & Ferrari weren't options and the last few months have re-enforced to me that he made the right decision.

RB, rightly or wrongly, is and was always going to be Verstappens team & Ricciardo was never going to realise his dream of a WC if he'd stayed.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Jezza13 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
purchville wrote:

Is it just me or have RB seemed to regularly have issues keep both cars on track on a regular basis over the years?

There always seems to be one car constantly having reliability issues and as much as RB want to try to blame Renault for their woes, the fact that that the factory team & McLaren have'nt had the PU problems RB have had screams to me it's a RB issue and not a Renault one.

I was hopeful Ricciardo would leave RB and go to Renault if Merc & Ferrari weren't options and the last few months have re-enforced to me that he made the right decision.

RB, rightly or wrongly, is and was always going to be Verstappens team & Ricciardo was never going to realise his dream of a WC if he'd stayed.
I posted on here a few races ago that Renault have had far fewer mechanical retirements than Red Bull. Red Bull have moaned about Renault for a few years so that isn't going to change but I think Red Bull should be looking closer to home.

Regarding BIB: last year Red Bull only got both cars to the finish in seven races out of 20. 10/20 so far this year. So they've had at least one retirement in more than half the races in the last two seasons. (I've not accounted for whether retirements are down to reliability, collisions, driver mistakes but either way that's a pretty awful record for a team who wants to challenge for the WDC).

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

UnlikeUday wrote:Grosjean lacking situational awareness again!
He was somewhat asleep but in terms of the actual contact I think blame can be put on both drivers?
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

pokerman wrote:
He was somewhat asleep but in terms of the actual contact I think blame can be put on both drivers?
Could be Poker but the stewards are looking into the matter for Grosjean causing a collision.
Feel The Fourth

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

UnlikeUday wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Could be Poker but the stewards are looking into the matter for Grosjean causing a collision.
I think perhaps more for being a road block then perhaps the collision?

Gasly seemed more concerned with waving his arm than turning for the corner.
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

JN23 wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
purchville wrote:

I posted on here a few races ago that Renault have had far fewer mechanical retirements than Red Bull. Red Bull have moaned about Renault for a few years so that isn't going to change but I think Red Bull should be looking closer to home.

Regarding BIB: last year Red Bull only got both cars to the finish in seven races out of 20. 10/20 so far this year. So they've had at least one retirement in more than half the races in the last two seasons. (I've not accounted for whether retirements are down to reliability, collisions, driver mistakes but either way that's a pretty awful record for a team who wants to challenge for the WDC).
Well they've pretty much whinged & moaned about Renault for the duration of their partnership. even when they were winning championships.

RB maybe run closer to the edge of component failure than most teams and they may argue they need to if they want to be as competitive as they are, though why there seems to be an uneven distribution of reliability issues between its 2 drivers, both now & historically, is anybody's guess.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Such a good thing to see & a real contrast to last race's collision fracas (see till the end):
Feel The Fourth

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

UnlikeUday wrote:Such a good thing to see & a real contrast to last race's collision fracas (see till the end):
I am one of those firmly in the Max-has-no-excuses camp, however the emotions after having a touch in P3 is several orders of magnitude different to a collision that deprives you of a race win.

lucifers

Post by lucifers »

Impressive lap from Lewis on ultras

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

Heck of a lap by Lewis. Whose going to step up to challenge him?

Max is in the danger zone. has to step up to make q3.
Mission WinLater

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Red Bull told Ricciardo to abort his last lap during the lap so he didn't have to start on hypers!

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

Q3 This will be interesting.

Would love to see Daniel outqualify Max in his last RBR drive!!! :nod:
Last edited by Mort Canard on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mission WinLater

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Hamilton quickest but messed up his first lap.
Lewis Hamilton #44

PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Mort Canard

Post by Mort Canard »

Max can only manage "last of the best"! :D
Mission WinLater

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Would like to see Hamilton's sector three time compared to Vettel's, sure I saw Vettel as being up on the graphic after S2.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

JN23 wrote:Would like to see Hamilton's sector three time compared to Vettel's, sure I saw Vettel as being up on the graphic after S2.
True

Ham s3: 37.356
Seb s3: 37.858

Good to see Lewis did not go on vacation early this year. He is still on it even with he title clinched. :thumbup:

lucifers

Post by lucifers »

Mort Canard wrote:Max can only manage "last of the best"! :D
No record for max still vettel still keeps his record

JN23

Post by JN23 »

kleefton wrote:
JN23 wrote:Would like to see Hamilton's sector three time compared to Vettel's, sure I saw Vettel as being up on the graphic after S2.
True

Ham s3: 37.356
Seb s3: 37.858

Good to see Lewis did not go on vacation early this year. He is still on it even with he title clinched. :thumbup: