The Official Kimi Räikkonen thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Covalent

Re: The Official Kimi Räikkonen thread

Post by Covalent »

Bravo Kimi, glad you could pull it off once more.

He now holds the record for longest span between first and last victory, a record previously held by Schumacher.

AnRs

Post by AnRs »

SISU Kimi, congratulations!

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

mas wrote:Still Ferrari's last WDC and today was a hint of how he done it. Will Vettel ever do it for the Prancing Horse ?
Yes by basically giving Kimi the fastest car and not having someone like Vettel has his teammate.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:Ferrari should hold on to Kimi. Tell Leclerc to wait another year
For what purpose? I like Kimi, but I'm pretty sure Leclerc could have won that race as well, and he has a possibility of being the future of Ferrari - Kimi does not.
It's good to see Kimi finally win a race again but there's nothing like trying to over egg it.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Mercedes-Benz

Post by Mercedes-Benz »

Zoue wrote:
Mercedes-Benz wrote:It seems Kimi to Sauber was his wish. I thought Ferrari did that for him as I am pretty sure a small team like Sauber cannot afford him. Ferrari should have informed Kimi earlier. I think he should have tried going to RBR Honda instead. Not sure what he is going to achieve in Sauber but it will be great to see if team can get more competitive so he can fight with Ricciardo next few years in the midfield :?
you know if Ferrari had informed Kimi earlier there's a chance he may have gone to McLaren as rumour has it they had hoped to sign him. Pity that didn't happen IMO
Yes I agree Mcalren is much bigger team and should beat Sauber. I am so glad he got the win. Just 3 more races left for a good result of his career. Next 2yrs is going to be a struggle :?
Sir Stirling Moss "Quite frankly, Kimi Raikkonen is the fastest driver in the world"

greatestF1mindever

Post by greatestF1mindever »

Well done Kimi...It was worth the wait!

Teddy007

Post by Teddy007 »

pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
trento wrote:Ferrari should hold on to Kimi. Tell Leclerc to wait another year
For what purpose? I like Kimi, but I'm pretty sure Leclerc could have won that race as well, and he has a possibility of being the future of Ferrari - Kimi does not.
It's good to see Kimi finally win a race again but there's nothing like trying to over egg it.
Yep.

A brilliant performance by Kimi but we know how much quicker Sebastian is. It is why Vettel is challenging for the title and not Kimi.

I love him as a character but this performance is very late. Makes you wonder how easy Vettel could have made it if he didn't make two costly mistakes in Austin. Also appears that Ferrari are back to being the car to beat now they've reverted their car. Should make the last few races very interesting and entertaining. One thing I didn't want is for Lewis to go ahead and win them with ease. Now every race is anyone's race - even better with RBR having that pace too.

Such a shame RBR are like Ferrari but with major reliability issues and mistakes made by the team/drivers. We could really see a 3 team competition in the last few races. And they say F1 is predictable!!. Ha I love it.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Well this is doing the rounds in the social media :twisted:

https://formula1news.co.uk/kimi-raikkon ... gram-post/

Couldn't insert the images because of the forum's image size limitations.

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

that’s funny. we are going to miss him whenever he retires

BMWSauber84

Post by BMWSauber84 »

Obviously Kimi is just having a bit of fun with it, but the original comparison people are making between Hunt and Hamilton is so silly. I could show you several photos of Hunt wearing silly looking clothing. I'm not convinced romanticising alcoholism is ideal.

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Could always counter with that rather cringy pic of Hamilton grinding up against a Rihanna at that festival a couple of years back... But please don't.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

BMWSauber84 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 am
Obviously Kimi is just having a bit of fun with it, but the original comparison people are making between Hunt and Hamilton is so silly. I could show you several photos of Hunt wearing silly looking clothing. I'm not convinced romanticising alcoholism is ideal.
i'm not going to over analyze it, chuckled and moved on with my day

BMWSauber84

Post by BMWSauber84 »

DOLOMITE wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:54 am
Could always counter with that rather cringy pic of Hamilton grinding up against a Rihanna at that festival a couple of years back... But please don't.
:lol: I won't doubt that Hamilton has a fashion sense that I find baffling and bewildering. But I don't think most F1 fans, whether Hamilton fans or not would suggest he is typical of a modern F1 driver.

Siao7

Post by Siao7 »

I found this somewhere, never seen it before and didn't know where else to post it.

Just love Kimi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjdYTzl ... nel=DasdDa

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

I'm a flying Finn. I don't need to give a flying f***.
Where I'm going, I don't need roads