Toro Rosso vs Renault

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Alienturnedhuman

Toro Rosso vs Renault

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Sky are reporting that Renault are threatening to withhold engines from Toro Rosso as a result of the team public accusing Renault of deliberately supplying them with substandard parts that will fail so that Renault can overtake them in the WCC.

Blinky McSquinty

Re: Toro Rosso vs Renault

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

Here's more meat to this story.

https://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/360 ... -failures/

Yes, it has gone public, Toro Rosso and Renault are throwing monkey poo at each other. And I personally believe Toro Rosso have valid points. In the last race, 4 of the 6 engines failed. Remember how nervous Horner was?

And the fact that the factory Renault team is within five points with Toro Rosso in the WCC chase makes one wonder ........

It's rather ugly and not necessary, but Renault and Toro Rosso/Red Bull part ways at season's end, and this is like a couple breaking up.
Only dogs, mothers, and quality undergarments give unconditional support.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Yay, nothing like a bit of controversy :o

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A674E11
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

j man

Post by j man »

These silly sabotage allegations seem come up every year and there's never any substance behind any of them.

Toro Rosso would do well to note that Nico Hulkenberg has retired from the past two races because of engine problems. The Renault engine has had poor reliability all year.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

j man wrote:These silly sabotage allegations seem come up every year and there's never any substance behind any of them.

Toro Rosso would do well to note that Nico Hulkenberg has retired from the past two races because of engine problems. The Renault engine has had poor reliability all year.

Wonder if this will become more uglier than the McLaren-Honda spat! 1 common factor is that they stop being democratic & remove all the bitterness that's been in their hearts once it's clear that they're parting ways.

On C4, I think Karun Chandhok said that Renault were blaming Toro Rosso for the way in which they housed the engine in the car.
Feel The Fourth

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Good interview with Prost calming the situation down, Cyril Abiteboul is quite a abrasive person and didn't help the situation, he is someone that falls out with people but apparently has good connections within Renault.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

Would pay good money to watch Tost and Abiteboul go at it, both of them are about as fiery as they come.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Herb Tarlik

Post by Herb Tarlik »

I thought engines were randomized and then distributed to all the users, or is that a future rule?

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

Flash2k11 wrote:Would pay good money to watch Tost and Abiteboul go at it, both of them are about as fiery as they come.
Tost might be fiery but he's about twice as small and twice as old.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

pokerman wrote:
Flash2k11 wrote:Would pay good money to watch Tost and Abiteboul go at it, both of them are about as fiery as they come.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Warheart01

Post by Warheart01 »

mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.
Yeah, but only small dogs say that.

mds

Post by mds »

j man wrote: Toro Rosso would do well to note that Nico Hulkenberg has retired from the past two races because of engine problems. The Renault engine has had poor reliability all year.
I think Renault would have done well to note that, it would have prevented this mess in the first place: they're the ones that implied STR doing something wrong with the units caused the failures. STR only responded to those claims.
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

slide

Post by slide »

Alonso took another swipe at Honda telling toro rosso honda will slow again next year after a Brazilian race where he was left behind on the straights

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

slide wrote:Alonso took another swipe at Honda telling toro rosso honda will slow again next year after a Brazilian race where he was left behind on the straights
I think he's right; I have real fears that STR will have a Manor-like season next year.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion