planetf1.com
https://forum.planetf1.com/

FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)
https://forum.planetf1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14536
Page 2 of 2

Author:  Prema [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

Herb Tarlik wrote:
]So RoGro demolished his car on track in Japan, leaving it in an undrivable condition. A crane would be needed to lift it onto a flat bed for removal from the track, yet hestill replaced the steering wheel.

Well, good for him.

Author:  Black_Flag_11 [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)



Charlie Whiting on the incident and reason for no penalty/investigation.

Who was he referring to when he said we've seen drivers dispose of the wheel "unceremoniously" and not put it back in the past?

Author:  Prema [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

Black_Flag_11 wrote:

Who was he referring to when he said we've seen drivers dispose of the wheel "unceremoniously" and not put it back in the past?

maybe this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Wcch5nR-g
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCzkaX2DL7w

Though, one doesn't see if he didn't pick it up and place it back.

Author:  j man [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

I think people are missing the point here. My concern is not so much that Vettel didn't adhere to the rule about leaving the steering wheel in place - I agree that common sense dictates that there was no benefit to leaving it in place when the car was not manoeuvrable - it's more about why he felt the need to return to car, remove the steering wheel that he had already replaced and then take it with him. To me that is a little suspicious and suggests that there is something to hide, and I don't quite buy the 'official' line that he didn't want it being stolen; fans have no access to cars that have been removed from the circuit and I have never heard of a single incidence of a steering wheel being stolen. In fact the only incident of this nature that I can recall is the diamond theft from the Red Bull in Monaco, probably only made possible by the item being easily accessible on the very front of the nosecone and the unique circuit layout meaning someone can reach through the barrier.

Author:  RaggedMan [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

j man wrote:
I think people are missing the point here. My concern is not so much that Vettel didn't adhere to the rule about leaving the steering wheel in place - I agree that common sense dictates that there was no benefit to leaving it in place when the car was not manoeuvrable - it's more about why he felt the need to return to car, remove the steering wheel that he had already replaced and then take it with him. To me that is a little suspicious and suggests that there is something to hide, and I don't quite buy the 'official' line that he didn't want it being stolen; fans have no access to cars that have been removed from the circuit and I have never heard of a single incidence of a steering wheel being stolen. In fact the only incident of this nature that I can recall is the diamond theft from the Red Bull in Monaco, probably only made possible by the item being easily accessible on the very front of the nosecone and the unique circuit layout meaning someone can reach through the barrier.

He didn't replace it and then go back. He tried a couple of times to re-fit it and when he couldn't get it back on he set it down in the cockpit of his car. Then had a second thought, for whatever reason, and went back for it.

Author:  Covalent [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

Herb Tarlik wrote:
]So RoGro demolished his car on track in Japan, leaving it in an undrivable condition. A crane would be needed to lift it onto a flat bed for removal from the track, yet hestill replaced the steering wheel.

Oh you poor thing :(

Author:  Prema [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

RaggedMan wrote:
j man wrote:
I think people are missing the point here. My concern is not so much that Vettel didn't adhere to the rule about leaving the steering wheel in place - I agree that common sense dictates that there was no benefit to leaving it in place when the car was not manoeuvrable - it's more about why he felt the need to return to car, remove the steering wheel that he had already replaced and then take it with him. To me that is a little suspicious and suggests that there is something to hide, and I don't quite buy the 'official' line that he didn't want it being stolen; fans have no access to cars that have been removed from the circuit and I have never heard of a single incidence of a steering wheel being stolen. In fact the only incident of this nature that I can recall is the diamond theft from the Red Bull in Monaco, probably only made possible by the item being easily accessible on the very front of the nosecone and the unique circuit layout meaning someone can reach through the barrier.

He didn't replace it and then go back. He tried a couple of times to re-fit it and when he couldn't get it back on he set it down in the cockpit of his car. Then had a second thought, for whatever reason, and went back for it.


And that reason is being mentioned in this FIA letter in the OP.

Author:  Herb Tarlik [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

Covalent wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
]So RoGro demolished his car on track in Japan, leaving it in an undrivable condition. A crane would be needed to lift it onto a flat bed for removal from the track, yet hestill replaced the steering wheel.

Oh you poor thing :(


Says the snowflake.

Author:  Mod Aqua [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

Herb Tarlik wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Herb Tarlik wrote:
]So RoGro demolished his car on track in Japan, leaving it in an undrivable condition. A crane would be needed to lift it onto a flat bed for removal from the track, yet hestill replaced the steering wheel.

Oh you poor thing :(


Says the snowflake.

Quit it.

Author:  robins13 [ Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIA answer to Vettel breaking 22.5 Rule (steering wheel)

RaggedMan wrote:
j man wrote:
I think people are missing the point here. My concern is not so much that Vettel didn't adhere to the rule about leaving the steering wheel in place - I agree that common sense dictates that there was no benefit to leaving it in place when the car was not manoeuvrable - it's more about why he felt the need to return to car, remove the steering wheel that he had already replaced and then take it with him. To me that is a little suspicious and suggests that there is something to hide, and I don't quite buy the 'official' line that he didn't want it being stolen; fans have no access to cars that have been removed from the circuit and I have never heard of a single incidence of a steering wheel being stolen. In fact the only incident of this nature that I can recall is the diamond theft from the Red Bull in Monaco, probably only made possible by the item being easily accessible on the very front of the nosecone and the unique circuit layout meaning someone can reach through the barrier.

He didn't replace it and then go back. He tried a couple of times to re-fit it and when he couldn't get it back on he set it down in the cockpit of his car. Then had a second thought, for whatever reason, and went back for it.

Yes that's what happened. He removed the steering wheel and got out, then tried to place it on the column few times, then left it on the footwell. Again went back and tried to place it back couldn't succeed, again kept it there on footwell, and on afterthought went back and collect it.
https://youtu.be/Xs3LBxxpkfI

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/