Post by UnlikeUday »

Congratulations on a first Nico!

Welcome to an elite group.
Feel The Fourth

AFCTUJacko

Re: Nico Rosberg - 2016 World Champion

Post by AFCTUJacko »

Well Deserved.

Whatever luck he's had, he's driven better than ever before.
Leave me alone.....I know what I'm doing

GingerFurball

Post by GingerFurball »

AFCTUJacko wrote:Well Deserved.

Whatever luck he's had, he's driven better than ever before.
I don't agree. I think Rosberg's had quite a scruffy year.

Laz_T800

Post by Laz_T800 »

Big congrats for Nico. Did everything he needed.
Gutted for Lewis.

Ocon

Post by Ocon »

Not at all deserved imo. We still know who is better out of the two Mercedes drivers. In normal circumstances Nico would have no chance.

Rockie

Post by Rockie »

Ocon wrote:Not at all deserved imo. We still know who is better out of the two Mercedes drivers. In normal circumstances Nico would have no chance.
Lol, sense a winter of discontent!

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Big well done Nico, in particular the move on Max. Very gutsy performance and did what he needed to do.
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

Crumpet

Post by Crumpet »

Laz_T800 wrote:Big congrats for Nico. Did everything he needed.
Gutted for Lewis.
This.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Huge congrats to Nico. Did brilliantly to day and it's great to see a new world champion.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Yes, congratulations Nico. Drove very well today and tackling Max must have presented a trouser-changing moment. Great job under such pressure.

Quite nice to see him so emotional and choking up on the podium

Randine

Post by Randine »

Well done to Nico.

I think Ham is taking it well. It looks like he is relaxed now that the pressure is off.

I think the tension between these 2 will go next seasion.
I think they will get on pretty well from now on and Hamilton will convincingly beat Nico in 2017.

However take nothing away from Nico. He will forever be a World Champion.
Dan the man!

froze

Post by froze »

I am glad Nico finally did it. This title is a reward for all the hard work, sweat, tears and stress Nico has gone through during his decade in F1. Always in the face of defeat he dug even deeper and kept believing in himself only to return stronger the next year, and finally this is the reward. I think this is a well deserved championship, if not only for this year, but of all of his dedication especially for the Mercedes team. You can argue to ad nauseam that this year Lewis had generally more pace and only lost it because of worse reliability, but you'd have to look further than just these last few races or even this season to see exactly why Nico deserves this title. It's a culmination of much longer perspective, and that's why I think he deserves it. So congratulations.
“I'm happy, but there's nothing to jump around about.”

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

Ocon wrote:Not at all deserved imo. We still know who is better out of the two Mercedes drivers. In normal circumstances Nico would have no chance.
Beat the better driver over a season.

There cant be any higher praise for Rosberg :D

babararacucudada

Post by babararacucudada »

Turned out they don't have a procedure for getting off this forum. :!:

Congratulations to Nico - well earned.

This has been a good year for him.
He and his wife have their first child.
He rescued a child from the sea.
He followed team orders and went against his own interests to allow Hamilton past him at Monaco.
He's World Champion.

AnRs

Post by AnRs »

Congrats Nico Rosberg - well deserved!

Colesy917

Post by Colesy917 »

Pumped!! Well done Nico, very happy with the result!
Raikkonen Bottas Ricciardo

Thanks for the memories Nico

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

I'm very happy to share in Rosberg's success today. It's been a long time coming and for once I'm a fan of someone who hasn't ultimately disappointed me (Dani, Nick, Jean, Everton).

stevey

Post by stevey »

Lol the reason everyone keeps saying well deserved is because they know the more undeserving driver won the wdc.

If this were different teams you can almost swallow the engine failures as being unlucky but being in the same team means some shoddy work on one side.

Hamilton drove with so much skill today in comparison to rosberg who had to wait until Maxs tyres had completely gone before attempting an overtake and he almost screwed that up.

Dark day for f1

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

stevey wrote:Lol the reason everyone keeps saying well deserved is because they know the more undeserving driver won the wdc.

If this were different teams you can almost swallow the engine failures as being unlucky but being in the same team means some shoddy work on one side.

Hamilton drove with so much skill today in comparison to rosberg who had to wait until Maxs tyres had completely gone before attempting an overtake and he almost screwed that up.

Dark day for f1
No, people are saying well deserved because we know there will be whiny Hamilton WORDIAMNOTSUPPOSETOSAY saying he didnt deserve it. :lol:

McPrancingBull

Post by McPrancingBull »

Big congratulations to Nico. Very well deserved champion.
McLaren

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

stevey wrote:Lol the reason everyone keeps saying well deserved is because they know the more undeserving driver won the wdc.

Dark day for f1
If you're saying the failures were due to the team then Rosberg's side of the garage beat Hamilton's side to the WDC. Win as a team and lose as a team.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Dark day for f1
I think perhaps you need to bin those grapes? Looks like they've gone off

stevey

Post by stevey »

Love all commentators including nicos win stats from 2015 because this year the stats don't equate to a champion worthy driver.

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Congratulations to Nico Rosberg, he is an example of perseverance and hard work that finally pays off for him.
Well deserved championship fighting against a very, very tough opponent, that fought for it until the last lap of the last race, using every trick in the book.

froze wrote:I am glad Nico finally did it. This title is a reward for all the hard work, sweat, tears and stress Nico has gone through during his decade in F1. Always in the face of defeat he dug even deeper and kept believing in himself only to return stronger the next year, and finally this is the reward. I think this is a well deserved championship, if not only for this year, but of all of his dedication especially for the Mercedes team. You can argue to ad nauseam that this year Lewis had generally more pace and only lost it because of worse reliability, but you'd have to look further than just these last few races or even this season to see exactly why Nico deserves this title. It's a culmination of much longer perspective, and that's why I think he deserves it. So congratulations.
Could not have put it better myself.

Pest44

Post by Pest44 »

Congrats to Nico. Over the whole season drove to his best level and never cracked under the pressure towards the end. Well done 👍

Pole2Win

Post by Pole2Win »

stevey wrote:Love all commentators including nicos win stats from 2015 because this year the stats don't equate to a champion worthy driver.
Nico Rosberg 385 points
Lewis Hamilton 380 points

That's the only stat that matters. ;)

"Ask any racer, any real racer... It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning is winning." (Dominic Toretto, "The Fast and The Furious")

AFCTUJacko

Post by AFCTUJacko »

stevey wrote:Love all commentators including nicos win stats from 2015 because this year the stats don't equate to a champion worthy driver.
9 wins, 16 podiums and 20/21 races in the points.

There have bee plenty of champions with worse records than that. Lewis included
Leave me alone.....I know what I'm doing

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Cut the bashing, guys. There are cases for both drivers deserving or not deserving the title this year. Some will say Lewis should have ignored the orders, some will say he shouldn't. Some might cite Monaco where the orders were reversed, probably both sides will use elements of that. Fair enough, we all have our opinions.

That doesn't mean we'll sit back and let things get personal or out of hand, though.

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

So, what stats do you have for number of races won or points scored this season?

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

Pest44 wrote:Congrats to Nico. Over the whole season drove to his best level and never cracked under the pressure towards the end. Well done 👍
Is 44 in your username a nod to Lewis? If so, I'm touched by your magnanimity.

Amon

Post by Amon »

Congratulations to Nico, 34 years after his dad took his single title . A new world champion since 2010.
Vivian what beautiful woman :nod:
Lovely moment when she got on the radio with him.

Oh and second time we get a son WDC after Damon and Graham Hill.
Last edited by Amon on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F1 fan since 1989

McPrancingBull

Post by McPrancingBull »

P-F1 Mod wrote:Cut the bashing, guys. There are cases for both drivers deserving or not deserving the title this year. Some will say Lewis should have ignored the orders, some will say he shouldn't. Some might cite Monaco where the orders were reversed, probably both sides will use elements of that. Fair enough, we all have our opinions.

That doesn't mean we'll sit back and let things get personal or out of hand, though.
Unfortunately as we've seeen so many times in here Haters are as bad as the Lovers and visa versa.
Last edited by McPrancingBull on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McLaren

stevey

Post by stevey »

You guys trying to claim no favouritism for nico when you all heard the radio calls telling Lewis to hurry because nicos p2 was in danger. That equates to the same as "please give nico the wdc". If hamilton was going so slow any great driver would have overtaken him.

You try to say it's best for the team but the wcc had gone and it was time for the drivers to matter. When other teams catch up there will only be one driver at merc that can get the results and everyone knows that is not Nico.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

stevey wrote:You guys trying to claim no favouritism for nico when you all heard the radio calls telling Lewis to hurry because nicos p2 was in danger. That equates to the same as "please give nico the wdc". If hamilton was going so slow any great driver would have overtaken him.

You try to say it's best for the team but the wcc had gone and it was time for the drivers to matter. When other teams catch up there will only be one driver at merc that can get the results and everyone knows that is not Nico.
it doesn't equate to favouritism, just paranoia

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

froze wrote:I am glad Nico finally did it. This title is a reward for all the hard work, sweat, tears and stress Nico has gone through during his decade in F1. Always in the face of defeat he dug even deeper and kept believing in himself only to return stronger the next year, and finally this is the reward. I think this is a well deserved championship, if not only for this year, but of all of his dedication especially for the Mercedes team. You can argue to ad nauseam that this year Lewis had generally more pace and only lost it because of worse reliability, but you'd have to look further than just these last few races or even this season to see exactly why Nico deserves this title. It's a culmination of much longer perspective, and that's why I think he deserves it. So congratulations.
The bad starts also were a reason for Hamilton's demise, not just the reliability. If he had managed to reduce his amount of bad starts by a half he would be world champion today.

Amon

Post by Amon »

stevey wrote:You guys trying to claim no favouritism for nico when you all heard the radio calls telling Lewis to hurry because nicos p2 was in danger. That equates to the same as "please give nico the wdc". If hamilton was going so slow any great driver would have overtaken him.

Uhm Merc wanted a 1-2 in the first place like every race.
F1 fan since 1989

chetan_rao

Post by chetan_rao »

A lot of people seem to think the 'lesser' talented ones of the world should just stay home and never try to compete.

It takes guts of steel to know you aren't the best, refuse to capitulate, pick yourself up after each loss and keep going.

Nico has everything in the world one can hope for, and nobody could've blamed him if he'd acknowledged the obvious after Lewis' two titles and walked away or accepted second best.

Lewis deserves kudos for not giving up in adversity, but so does Nico, esp. because it's much harder for him being second best talent wise.
Last edited by chetan_rao on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j man

Post by j man »

Congratulations Nico! Yes things have gone his way this year but many titles in the past have been decided by external factors outside of the drivers' control.

If it was all about being the best driver we'd all be thoroughly fed up of 12 time world champion Fernando Alonso by now.

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

Surely that can't be the fist time a reigning WDC has had the crown taken off him by a team-mate?

stevey

Post by stevey »

Toto just states in interview "Lewis had two choices today. Drive off into the distance or back the pack up like Christian horner said. He chose the latter so should go drive for him" and you saying there was no favouritism.