Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
pokerman

Re: 2016 US Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread

Post by pokerman »

froze wrote:
pokerman wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:Rosberg's engine to go bang.

Please don't post like this. It's not cool.

I have a bad feeling about this race for Nico already :(

Please let them decide it on the track with no reliability issues in the next 4 races

Yes because up to now it's been an 100% fair fight, or maybe it hasn't?

You're right. Abu Dhabi 2014 wasn't an 100% fair fight so let's hope that now it is.

Lest you forget Hamilton only needed to finish 7th? because of his lead, yeah let's give Rosberg a 40 point? engine related start and then call it a fair fight to the finish.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

SDLRob

Post by SDLRob »

A few grumpy radio calls today....
[Space for rent]

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

Everyone needs a bit of luck to win a championship, but Hamilton fans praying for bad things to happen to Nico is terrible. Let them fight it out on the track and see who is the best man.

F1_Ernie

Post by F1_Ernie »

MasterRacer wrote:
pokerman wrote:
MasterRacer wrote:
GingerFurball wrote:Rosberg's engine to go bang.

Please don't post like this. It's not cool.

I have a bad feeling about this race for Nico already :(

Please let them decide it on the track with no reliability issues in the next 4 races

Yes because up to now it's been an 100% fair fight, or maybe it hasn't?

Past is the past now everyone should hope for everything to be decided on the track with exciting races to the finish. Then we will see who is the best at the end.

You have to be the worst poster on here. Past is past, same attitude if Rosberg has suffered the same reliability?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

F1_Ernie

Post by F1_Ernie »

MasterRacer wrote:Everyone needs a bit of luck to win a championship, but Hamilton fans praying for bad things to happen to Nico is terrible. Let them fight it out on the track and see who is the best man.

Who was it praying for Hamilton to get a DNF? Hypocrite
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

Warheart01

Post by Warheart01 »

@Masterracer

Lol, wtf man. Wasn't it you who wrote at the Malaysian GP than you were hoping for a Hanilton dnf and celebrated when it happens. Yeah, you Rosberg fans are soo much better than Hamilton fans.

Rosberg can't win the title without Hamilton having reliabilityissues. Everyone knows that. Hamilton beeing this close with all the issues and bad luck he has had is proof of how poor Rosbeg has been this season.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

lamo wrote:Why was everyone expecting a Hamilton white-wash? Nico is strong here.

Nico took pole here the last two seasons by 0.4 in 2014 and 0.1 last season.

I feel that some of Lewis' greatest victories have happened at COTA. The kinda victories Nico doesn't have
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

That's a sad state of affairs for JB. Really unimpressive
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

SDLRob

Post by SDLRob »

Palmer's engineer looks to have cost Button Q2....
[Space for rent]

GingerFurball

Post by GingerFurball »

Should be a penalty for Palmer there.

Absolute idiocy from Button to do his first run on softs though.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

I don't agree with a Palmer penalty. I think he can easily defend the fact he got out of the way. It wasn't ideal for Button but Palmer did make conscious effort to get off the line
Last edited by mcdo on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

F1_Ernie wrote:
You have to be the worst poster on here. Past is past, same attitude if Rosberg has suffered the same reliability?

Of course, same attitude. I just said luck always plays a part, and Nico has had a fair share of bad luck down the years. This year he's had more luck for sure but has still done the job capitalising on it.

Mod Grey

Post by Mod Grey »

If you aren't here to discuss FP3 and/or Qualy, then I suggest you step back and not clogg up the pages with the Mercedes reliability conspiracy. Thank you.

F1_Ernie

Post by F1_Ernie »

Merc matching there nearest rivals on the soft tyre lol it's good this f1.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Hulk very impressive!
Feel The Fourth

GingerFurball

Post by GingerFurball »

mcdo wrote:I don't agree with a Palmer penalty. I think he can easily defend the fact he got out of the way. It wasn't ideal for Button but Palmer did make conscious effort to get off the line

No he didn't. He was parked on the racing line.

Nosebuckle

Post by Nosebuckle »

Gotta admire Alonso's commitment - whines about losing .15s on the straights but still shoves that car around and nearly makes Q3.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Man Hulkenberg is in another league to his teammate today.
The Redbulls are very quick.
Alonso complainng of losing a tenth on the straight alone. Well...a tenth wouldn't have helped you make Q3 Fernando.

Laz_T800

Post by Laz_T800 »

Not sure why Ricciardo allowed that to happen. He could have easily been up in the top 10 with softs and now he has the compromised strategy.

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

Hamilton has won the 1st battle.

2 battles left to conquer - clean start & reach the chequered flag first!
Feel The Fourth

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Lewis did the damage in the first sector. He was 3 tenths up in S1 alone, lost out a little bit in the final 2 sectors but still got pole comfortably. Amazing pace in that first sector.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Laz_T800 wrote:Not sure why Ricciardo allowed that to happen. He could have easily been up in the top 10 with softs and now he has the compromised strategy.

yeah...let's see how it pans out. I understand Redbull wanted to split the strategies, but let's see how it unfolds. Very interesting actually.

Zblogger

Post by Zblogger »

MasterRacer wrote:Everyone needs a bit of luck to win a championship, but Hamilton fans praying for bad things to happen to Nico is terrible. Let them fight it out on the track and see who is the best man.

Where are the Hamilton fans you say are praying forl bad things to happen to.nico. Where are they?
You posting absolute drivel I swear you post negative things about Hamilton on virtually every other post you make but nobody says anything

Some one measly predicted hos engine to go this weekend. I don't think so as they have r e set various parameters since Hamilton's went. The same race you were wishing his engine go bang!

Zblogger

Post by Zblogger »

Zblogger wrote:

Where are the Hamilton fans you say are praying forl bad things to happen to.nico. Where are they?
You posting absolute drivel I swear you post negative things about Hamilton on virtually every other post you make but nobody says anything

Some one measly predicted hos engine to go this weekend. I don't think so as they have r e set various parameters since Hamilton's went. The same race you were wishing his engine go bang!

Excuse the typos.

Zblogger

Post by Zblogger »

Great Lap by Hammy. I think the race will not go smoothly. still think he has not mastered race starts. Been a weakness of his this year.

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

Very close between the two Merc drivers. Nico won't be too unhappy starting second.

GingerFurball

Post by GingerFurball »

Curious to see how the tyres play out. Surely starting on the softs gets negated by Ricciardo's first pitstop?

spiritone

Post by spiritone »

Lewis just finds out in interview that they worked late on his car friday. Curious. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... em-841622/

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Kimi out-qualifies Seb again. He's certainly on fire since the summer break

robins13

Post by robins13 »

kleefton wrote:
Laz_T800 wrote:Not sure why Ricciardo allowed that to happen. He could have easily been up in the top 10 with softs and now he has the compromised strategy.

yeah...let's see how it pans out. I understand Redbull wanted to split the strategies, but let's see how it unfolds. Very interesting actually.

That's their only chance. Going with same tyre strategy as Merc may not give them a chance,so they split it.

lamo

Post by lamo »

Where will Lewis be after the first corners, I doubting 1st and doubt even more Mercedes to be 1-2 (unless Nico is in p1)

scouseknight

Post by scouseknight »

The only way Hamilton can win it this year is for Rosberg to have bad things happen to him - it's just fans being fans - aside from Hamilton having had things happen to him (as has been wished by many Rosberg fans during the course of the season - fans being fans) - has given Rosberg this fantastic chance to win it.

Don't take it too literally!
Forza Ferrari

rivf1

Post by rivf1 »

spiritone wrote:Lewis just finds out in interview that they worked late on his car friday. Curious. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... em-841622/

Those sneaky merc mechanics sabotaging his car into pole position.

F1_Ernie

Post by F1_Ernie »

scouseknight wrote:

The only way Hamilton can win it this year is for Rosberg to have bad things happen to him - it's just fans being fans - aside from Hamilton having had things happen to him (as has been wished by many Rosberg fans during the course of the season - fans being fans) - has given Rosberg this fantastic chance to win it.

Don't take it too literally!

You do realise MasterRacer prayed for Hamilton to get a DNF at Malaysia and then celebrated when it happened?
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

We just what things to be evened up, even an engine failure for Rosberg tomorrow would not do this.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

F1_Ernie wrote:You do realise MasterRacer prayed for Hamilton to get a DNF at Malaysia and then celebrated when it happened?

Not really true but I admit I was happy it happened but I wasn't cheering for it all race weekend or praying for divine intervention. It is a bit hypercritical of course to have celebrated, but really I want the title to be decided on the track with both drivers completing all the laps to the end now.

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

pokerman wrote:

We just what things to be evened up, even an engine failure for Rosberg tomorrow would not do this.

I understand the frustration I really do, but it is racing. All drivers experience bad years with mechanical failures. Nico is having a luckier year with reliability for sure, but he has been so focused and determined I think he deserves it. He had bad luck in previous years when Hamilton won. It would be better for both drivers to complete all laps to the end and see who is the winner. Hamilton can still do it, there's no need to want bad things to happen to Nico.

_Rogue_

Post by _Rogue_ »

MasterRacer wrote:
pokerman wrote:

I understand the frustration I really do, but it is racing. All drivers experience bad years with mechanical failures. Nico is having a luckier year with reliability for sure, but he has been so focused and determined I think he deserves it. He had bad luck in previous years when Hamilton won. It would be better for both drivers to complete all laps to the end and see who is the winner. Hamilton can still do it, there's no need to want bad things to happen to Nico.

Yet you will wish Hamilton ill in a race then whine when someone says much the same about Nico and i quote

Let's go Nico! Win here and you're back in the title game big time.
I wouldn't mind one of Hami's new engines going bang here too, and both Ferrari's on the podium.....

Hypocrisy at its finest!

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

GingerFurball wrote:
mcdo wrote:I don't agree with a Palmer penalty. I think he can easily defend the fact he got out of the way. It wasn't ideal for Button but Palmer did make conscious effort to get off the line

No he didn't. He was parked on the racing line.

Well the stewards don't agree
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

MasterRacer

Post by MasterRacer »

_Rogue_ wrote:[
Hypocrisy at its finest!

I admitted as much in the one post directly above the one you chose to quote.

Lets just hope for an exciting clean race on Sunday and the best man wins on the day in a fair fight to the chequered flag.

Qualifying is almost meaningless with the lottery of the getaway. But I'm hopeful Sunday will be a fun race.