Driver(s) of the Day - 2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by UnlikeUday »

For me,

Hamilton, Ricciardo & Perez.
Feel The Fourth

Flash2k11

Re: Driver(s) of the Day - 2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by Flash2k11 »

Gone for Alonso, Ricciardo and Hamilton...

...was close for going for Perez over Alonso, tough call for me.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Ricciardo, Alonso, Perez.

Hamilton very close to the final spot but I just give it to Perez.

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

Ricciardo, Perez & Alonso for me.
Only took 7 yrs, 5 mths & 21 days.

Cooper, Arrows, Brabham, Ligier, Lotus, Tyrrell, Minardi, McLaren, Sauber, Williams,

Remember the garagista's. The heart & soul of F1. They raced to race.

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)

TheBlackFlag

Post by TheBlackFlag »

Black_Flag_11 wrote:Ricciardo, Alonso, Perez.

Hamilton very close to the final spot but I just give it to Perez.
Ditto

TheBlackFlag

Post by TheBlackFlag »

Better not leave Ricciardo alone with anything sharp...He's gutted.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Perez, Ricciardo and Alonso. Hamilton did well, but was lucky enough not to need DoD.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

TheBlackFlag wrote:Better not leave Ricciardo alone with anything sharp...He's gutted.
Hope he doesn't call Sutil for pointers!
Feel The Fourth

Gonzales

Post by Gonzales »

"Screwed for the second weekend in a row"

Paolo_Lasardi

Post by Paolo_Lasardi »

Ricciardo! Perez! Alonso!

Disappointing
Räikkönen
Bottas
Palmer
Verstappen
Vettel (or rather Ferrari?)
Kvyat

RaisinChips

Post by RaisinChips »

Hamilton was certainly the luckiest, such a shame.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Riccardo and Perez.
eeee

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Perez, Ricciardo, Alonso

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Perez, Alonso and Guttierez.

McPrancingBull

Post by McPrancingBull »

Very easy for me.... The 3 guys on the podium made the most of the hands the were dealt.
McLaren

Mercedes-Benz

Post by Mercedes-Benz »

I voted for 3 guys in the podium. Hulk was also good but Perez had good strategy to be ahead of Vettel. Hamilton and Ricciardo were great in the race. Hamilton helped by the team to swap places with Rosberg. I thought it would have been too late as Ricciardo was running away. But good driving and strategy in the end. Ricciardo was equally good but his team messed it up in the pits.
Last edited by Mercedes-Benz on Sun May 29, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Stirling Moss "Quite frankly, Kimi Raikkonen is the fastest driver in the world"

v@sh

Post by v@sh »

3 guys on the podium. Honourable mention to Alonso too.

Mr-E

Post by Mr-E »

Ricciardo, Perez and Alonso.

hk77

Post by hk77 »

Ric
Perez
Alonso

j man

Post by j man »

I vote for Ricciardo. On pace alone he should have had it in the bag.

Lots of credit to Hamilton though. He did superbly well keeping the wets in decent shape on a drying track and then making the ultra softs last. He definitely had a slice of luck with Red Bull's pit stop calamity but I feel some people are being a little harsh.

Randine

Post by Randine »

Ham did 47 laps on those ultra softs.
I think Pirelli have a bit to answer for. They didn't think they would last.
Just like last race when they said the Mediums would only last 20, and Max easily did 32 laps.

Rosberg looked like Rosberg of old.

I am gutted for Ric. He drove flawlessly all weekend. His 2nd pit was 13 seconds long. 10 seconds longer than it needed to be...
Had he come out in front of Ham, he would have easily cruised to victory.
Dan the man!

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

A nice image showing the tyres & pit stops for each driver:
Source - Facebook
Feel The Fourth

Amon

Post by Amon »

nixxxon wrote:Perez, Ricciardo, Alonso
Same here
F1 fan since 1989

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Ricciardo,Alonso and Perez/Hamilton. Hard to separate the last two but I voted for Perez because it was more unexpected.

Daft reason I know but I had to vote for someone.
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

IDrinkYourMilkshake

Post by IDrinkYourMilkshake »

People are voting for Raikkonen.. This forum is unbelievable. On another thread a poster is telling me how Raikkonen destroyed Alonso in 2005, like they were in the same cars. Can we even take this forum seriously?!

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

Ric.

ToniWolf

Post by ToniWolf »

IDrinkYourMilkshake wrote:People are voting for Raikkonen.. This forum is unbelievable. On another thread a poster is telling me how Raikkonen destroyed Alonso in 2005, like they were in the same cars. Can we even take this forum seriously?!

Did you ever think that you could/should ? lol

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Voted for Lewis, Ricciardo and Perez.

All three of these guys did stuff today that was way above ordinary. But if there was a single vote I would have picked Lewis. The work he did on his first stint combined with dealing with those fragile ultra softs with Ricciardo all over himfor what was an eternity was to me top class stuff. Yes I know he got helped by the Redbull mistake and he did overshoot the chicane, but it is just an occasion where the great stuff was too good to not overshadow the bad stuff.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

j man wrote:I vote for Ricciardo. On pace alone he should have had it in the bag.

Lots of credit to Hamilton though. He did superbly well keeping the wets in decent shape on a drying track and then making the ultra softs last. He definitely had a slice of luck with Red Bull's pit stop calamity but I feel some people are being a little harsh.
Even if Ricciardo had won the race, Hamilton would have been driver of the day to me.

You look at both of their races and who had to put in the most skill to get the job done and that was Hamilton.

The Redbull was the faster car today in dry conditions. I hope people realize that.

Randine

Post by Randine »

kleefton wrote:
j man wrote:I vote for Ricciardo. On pace alone he should have had it in the bag.

Even if Ricciardo had won the race, Hamilton would have been driver of the day to me.

You look at both of their races and who had to put in the most skill to get the job done and that was Hamilton.

The Redbull was the faster car today in dry conditions. I hope people realize that.
How was the Red Bull car faster today in dry conditions?
Merc has been the car to beat for 3 years now.
I think Ric's driving made the difference in qualifying. Hamilton had the faster tyres in the race when they were in the dry.
Dan the man!

j man

Post by j man »

kleefton wrote:

That's reasonable, it is close between the two of them. It's also worth pointing out that Hamilton was faster in the wet once he was clear of Rosberg.

But was the Red Bull really the fastest in the dry? Or was that only in Ricciardo's hands? Max didn't seem capable of achieving the same level of performance without stuffing it in the wall.

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Randine wrote:
kleefton wrote:

I think Ric's driving made the difference in qualifying. Hamilton had the faster tyres in the race when they were in the dry.
Yeah Hamilton had the faster tires so he should have been able to pull away easily but Ricciardo stayed right with him and was arguably faster still.
If Ricciardo had been on Ultra softs don't you think he would have been even faster?
The guy did get pole position in the dry.
And the fact Mercedes has been the car to beat 3 years in a row mean nothing in this discussion. Singapore 2015 is proof of that when both Redbull and Ferrari were quicker than Mercedes that weekend.

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

j man wrote:
kleefton wrote:

That's reasonable, it is close between the two of them. It's also worth pointing out that Hamilton was faster in the wet once he was clear of Rosberg.

But was the Red Bull really the fastest in the dry? Or was that only in Ricciardo's hands? Max didn't seem capable of achieving the same level of performance without stuffing it in the wall.
I know, its so odd that the majority of posters rate Dan over Lewis in this race - it makes no sense :-P

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

IDrinkYourMilkshake wrote:People are voting for Raikkonen.. This forum is unbelievable. On another thread a poster is telling me how Raikkonen destroyed Alonso in 2005, like they were in the same cars. Can we even take this forum seriously?!
This forum is one of the most serious that I am member of. Sometimes its even too serious. But in general people tend to be knowledgeable and you dont see much rubbish posts.

F1_Ernie

Post by F1_Ernie »

kleefton wrote:
Randine wrote:
kleefton wrote:

Yeah Hamilton had the faster tires so he should have been able to pull away easily but Ricciardo stayed right with him and was arguably faster still.
If Ricciardo had been on Ultra softs don't you think he would have been even faster?
The guy did get pole position in the dry.
And the fact Mercedes has been the car to beat 3 years in a row mean nothing in this discussion. Singapore 2015 is proof of that when both Redbull and Ferrari were quicker than Mercedes that weekend.
Hamilton was managing his tyres and just had to get them to the end on a track which is near impossible to overtake. He put in faster laps when needed. To say Hamilton should of pulled away easily is abit silly when you look at the circuit involved and how many laps Hamilton had to manage his tyres for. Why go off for a 20 second gap for no reason? Sure he has learnt from last year.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2016: 24th place
2017: 4th place
2018: 12th place

Wins: Spain 2016, Canada 2017, Malaysia 2017
Podiums: 2nd Germany 2016, 3rd Mexico 2016, 3rd China 2018, 3rd Japan 2018, 2nd Mexico 2018

Laz_T800

Post by Laz_T800 »

j man wrote:
kleefton wrote:

To be fair Daniel also had an engine advantage this weekend, as well of the spacial awareness advantage he seems to enjoy over Max.

stevey

Post by stevey »

People saying ham was lucky are deluded. Because of the nature of Monaco and his team mates pace he had to catch a 13 second gap and then overtake where overtaking is nearly impossible so his only option was strategy. He chose to ignore the inters as this gave him track position and as everyone always says track position is king at Monaco. He then kept Riccardo with 2 seconds back for the majority of laps left and put in a flier when he got closer. Red bull had the same opportunity to keep Daniel out and skip the inters, they blinked and lost the race. the second pit was not unlucky, it's a team sport and the human component of the team made a mistake, it happens. I'm not taking anything away from Daniels amazing ability and pace meerly pointing out those that diminsh Hamiltons victory are playing it down way too much.

HS Thompson

Post by HS Thompson »

Rosberg has 2 votes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laz_T800

Post by Laz_T800 »

HS Thompson wrote:Rosberg has 2 votes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be fair, Nico is the team player of the weekend.
There are a few on the grid who wouldn't have moved over for a much better team result.

McPrancingBull

Post by McPrancingBull »

Laz_T800 wrote:
HS Thompson wrote:Rosberg has 2 votes!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To be fair, Nico is the team player of the weekend.
There are a few on the grid who wouldn't have moved over for a much better team result.
For a man in the middle of contract negotiations I don't think he really had much of a choice.
McLaren