You know you watch / play too much F1 when.....

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
2stinky

Re: You know you watch / play too much F1 when.....

Post by 2stinky »

My three year old knows the difference between Practice, qualy and race. My 6 year wants to know if Red Bull will be good again this year or if Force India will move up the grid. I love my girls.

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan »

You pretend a drive through is a pitstop
Winter is Coming

Khazrak134

Post by Khazrak134 »

... When ur girlfriend says shes at the Spa and u picture her in a Ferrari flooring it through Eau Rouge.

... When your friends can guess who won the last race just by your expression the next day. (happens all the time)

... When you tell everyone to not make any contact with you during a Race weekend. (happens every race weekend)

... When you verbally tell your teacher to F off in the middle of class when he dissed F1. (happened to me)

... When you yell at your passenger in the car because he or she is ruining the balance of the car

... When you literally feel like going into hibernation after the last race of the season ended.

... When You plan your life around F1 weekends

... When Any BMW or Merecedes on the highway MUST be overtaken.

... When passengers call you "Schumacher" in admiration of your driving skills,you point out to them that this sort of driving was more like Alonso or Kimi. (Happened to me)

... When you're willing to watch replays of a grandprix even if it is Valencia 2009.

SebastianBieber

Re: You know you watch / play to much F1 when.....

Post by SebastianBieber »

neilf1 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:my girlfriend told me that F1 sucks

she is single now

just kidding

she is dead

:lol: :lol: Love it!!!

Me too !!!
Does this taste funny to you?

orbthef1fan

Post by orbthef1fan »

When you watch the season review DVDs about twenty times.
#LH44 Hammer time!

Gintynm

Post by Gintynm »

When you have this website as your homepage... :-P
HAMMY AND ALONSO AND BIANCHI WHAT YA GOT?

SnakeSVT2003

Post by SnakeSVT2003 »

RunningMan wrote:You pretend a drive through is a pitstop

I'm so guilty. :lol:
"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."
Jean-Pierre Sarti

SnakeSVT2003

Post by SnakeSVT2003 »

she is single now

just kidding

she is dead

Oh sh*t! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."
Jean-Pierre Sarti

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

When it's recently stopped raining and you deliberately drive on the drying line on the road.

infi24r

Post by infi24r »

she is single now

just kidding

she is dead

I actually broke up with a girlfriend because of my F1 addiction. She always complained we couldn't do anything on Saturday and Sunday nights (when Quali and Race are in Australia). It causes REAL issues. Eventually we split. I still blame F1.

I'm also not bothered :lol:

f1_is_awsom0

Post by f1_is_awsom0 »

When you call your wife Fernando during those loving moments :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lunatic

Post by lunatic »

When you start designing tracks with rubber bands at work.

ImageImageImage

nike2die4

Post by nike2die4 »

you know you are watching too much F1 when your daughter asks you to buy a Mclaren and drive her around.

CasperBirk

Post by CasperBirk »

Khazrak134 wrote:... When ur girlfriend says shes at the Spa and u picture her in a Ferrari flooring it through Eau Rouge.

... When your friends can guess who won the last race just by your expression the next day. (happens all the time)

... When you tell everyone to not make any contact with you during a Race weekend. (happens every race weekend)

... When you verbally tell your teacher to F off in the middle of class when he dissed F1. (happened to me)

... When you yell at your passenger in the car because he or she is ruining the balance of the car

... When you literally feel like going into hibernation after the last race of the season ended.

... When passengers call you "Schumacher" in admiration of your driving skills,you point out to them that this sort of driving was more like Alonso or Kimi. (Happened to me)

... When you're willing to watch replays of a grandprix even if it is Valencia 2009.

i can relate to all of them...

neilf1

Post by neilf1 »

when you stop trusting all small grey haired men with glasses

ManojHS

Post by ManojHS »

Khazrak134 wrote:... When ur girlfriend says shes at the Spa and u picture her in a Ferrari flooring it through Eau Rouge.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Happened to me as well, driving through winding roads on a hill when the car started drifting, my friend shouted, "You think you're Schumacher?". I had to correct him!

ManojHS

Post by ManojHS »

• You explain the cause of your accident with terms like "The backend gave out" or "The tires were not wet weather compatible" or "The brake balance was not quite right"

• You weave so that the guy ahead can see you in his mirrors and gets intimidated (Hamilton style)

• You try to drift behind a car and fake one move and go the other way to overtake.

• When riding a bike, you streamline yourself for better aerodynamics.

• You try to better your racing line everyday through corners on your street. (If you don't do well, you find a good excuse)

• You divide your commute into sectors (Or is it just me?)

domino

Post by domino »

When I was 8 I recreated almost all the 1998 tracks in my backyard out of anything I could find and FORCED my parents and younger sister to ride around the tracks on their bikes with me for the designated number of laps. I think that was a summer my mother wanted to forget... She went mad after 70 odd laps around the A1-Ring.

Eva09

Post by Eva09 »

domino wrote:When I was 8 I recreated almost all the 1998 tracks in my backyard out of anything I could find and FORCED my parents and younger sister to ride around the tracks on their bikes with me for the designated number of laps. I think that was a summer my mother wanted to forget... She went mad after 70 odd laps around the A1-Ring.

That's sweet :)

I play a lot of GP4 on the PC. During the off-season particularly I feel empty inside... if I don't play enough GP4 (or another F1 game).

MistaVega23

Post by MistaVega23 »

When I get home from work I deliberately reverse up my driveway so that when I have to leave I imagine myself leaving the pit garage to go for my final run in Q3.

In my Toyota Aygo.
#KeepFightingMichael

DJKIMI

Post by DJKIMI »

Eva09 wrote:
domino wrote:When I was 8 I recreated almost all the 1998 tracks in my backyard out of anything I could find and FORCED my parents and younger sister to ride around the tracks on their bikes with me for the designated number of laps. I think that was a summer my mother wanted to forget... She went mad after 70 odd laps around the A1-Ring.

That's sweet :)

I play a lot of GP4 on the PC. During the off-season particularly I feel empty inside... if I don't play enough GP4 (or another F1 game).

you want to check out grandprixgames.org if you arent there already :-P

LITE992

Post by LITE992 »

You unironically do the Vettel Finger
Supporter of:

Fernando Alonso
Pastor Maldonado
Sergio Perez
Michael Schumacher
Lewis Hamilton

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

LITE992 wrote:You unironically do the Vettel Finger

All the time ;)

Khazrak134

Post by Khazrak134 »

...You can never watch too much Formula 1 ;)

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan »

ManojHS wrote:• You explain the cause of your accident with terms like "The backend gave out" or "The tires were not wet weather compatible" or "The brake balance was not quite right"

• You weave so that the guy ahead can see you in his mirrors and gets intimidated (Hamilton style)

• You try to drift behind a car and fake one move and go the other way to overtake.

• When riding a bike, you streamline yourself for better aerodynamics.

• You try to better your racing line everyday through corners on your street. (If you don't do well, you find a good excuse)

• You divide your commute into sectors (Or is it just me?)

Oh God I am so guilty. Tucking my knees and elbows in for better aero :lol:
Winter is Coming

garagetinkerer

Post by garagetinkerer »

- i didn't mind, infact was happy if i didn't have a date on weekends :P
- told a couple of my gf's (one is now my wife btw) that i'm going to be busy on the weekend and "can we talk after the race ?"
- never worked on a race weekend (so far...)
- the first time i rode a motor-bike, i was searching for gaps in (New Delhi, India) traffic (was natural to me), and with my friend (who is admittedly a very good driver) almost wetting his pants (he was riding pillion :D) as the road was varying degrees of slippery with drizzle and the slush.
- spend time setting a lap record in F1 game before you have to go for a client presentation. shave, bath and dress in new record time and hurry it up to their office.
- i get annoyed when people are not paying attention on track, erm road
- i have a collection of F1 racing of over a decade and some other automotive magazines for even longer... i touch them and go, "my precious!"
My Top 5 drivers of all times:
1) Prost/ Schumacher
3) Fangio
4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

Sonic4liv3

Post by Sonic4liv3 »

- i have a collection of F1 racing of over a decade and some other automotive magazines for even longer... i touch them and go, "my precious!"

I had the same thing, i just moved from my parents, and when i was packing my stuff, i found some old F1 magazines from 1998. The schumacher <-> hakkinen battle after monza. "My Precious" :]

GoOnJenson

Post by GoOnJenson »

You know you watch too much F1 when you can hum the entire Italian national anthem.

When it starts to rain on the way to the supermarket, you sense a real opportunity as the wet conditions equalise other, potentially faster cars.

You absolutely pin your front engined, front wheel drive car into a corner and rely on throttle control to reduce understeer.

When you approach a roundabout, you always take the racing line. Wide in, clip the late apex on the inside, and then keep it nice and straight for the exit.

I think I started one of these threads back on the old forum, it had some really funny replies.

king of spa

Post by king of spa »

i was thinking of getting a tatoo...one of my friends suggested a Iceman tatoo on my arm...another suggested a tatoo of F1 tracks...

XploZiV

Post by XploZiV »

when you start dreaming about being at F1 races talking to drivers in the pits long before you were even born...

hmm, am I a reincarnation? :lol:
-Ayrton Senna fan-

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

sgt.hartman

Post by sgt.hartman »

king of spa wrote:i was thinking of getting a tatoo...one of my friends suggested a Iceman tatoo on my arm...another suggested a tatoo of F1 tracks...

I hope to god someone talked you out of it...?
PLAY A RECORD KARL COS I'M GUNNA KNOCK YOU OUT!!!

Angel De La Muerte

Post by Angel De La Muerte »

GoOnJenson wrote:You know you watch too much F1 when you can hum the entire Italian national anthem.

I never knew the Italian national anthem before I watched F1, now I know it just as much as my countries national anthem, well I do not know the words, just the tune.. and that it is very long...

For a long long time, when I were ignorant and younger, I thought the Italian and German anthems where one big anthem........ guess who's fault that is?

Tumppi57

Post by Tumppi57 »

Angel De La Muerte wrote:
GoOnJenson wrote:You know you watch too much F1 when you can hum the entire Italian national anthem.

I never knew the Italian national anthem before I watched F1, now I know it just as much as my countries national anthem, well I do not know the words, just the tune.. and that it is very long...

For a long long time, when I were ignorant and younger, I thought the Italian and German anthems where one big anthem........ guess who's fault that is?

Some german driver i suppose ... But i thought so too when i was younger. :blush:
Last edited by Tumppi57 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WDC 2007
19 Wins, 16 Poles, 69 Podiums, 37 Fastest laps, 786 Points

Jules_b

Post by Jules_b »

I slipstream other cyclists on my cycle to work. Oh and if I am driving on an empty motorway I take the racing line to get there quicker and save fuel!!!

sgt.hartman

Post by sgt.hartman »

Jules_b wrote:I slipstream other cyclists on my cycle to work. Oh and if I am driving on an empty motorway I take the racing line to get there quicker and save fuel!!!

Eh? This is the norm, empty or no. :-P

missb

Post by missb »

When you dream about f1 more than twice a week. Last night it was the turn of Force India on podium.

Heating tyres.

Racing Lines.

Slip streams.

Realising you get far too animated when you talk about F1 and everyone is staring at you like this :uhoh:

w1Y!

Post by w1Y! »

I have a double roundabout near me which I can take at speed if no other cars are about . In my head I picture it as that non existent chicane in Singapore

Wi also mentally race other cars in single file traffic and when they turn off they are pitting lol

chilli_boy3

Post by chilli_boy3 »

thinking the steering wheel on your toyota camry 2001 has too big of a diameter and should be much more compact..

wishing the big hill near you had more of a curve at the top like eau rouge..

closely watching the traffic lights and to get the best reaction time when it goes off

'slipstreaming' through crowds
Supporting Webber, Alonso, Ricciardo, Kobayashi

sgt.hartman

Post by sgt.hartman »

chilli_boy3 wrote:thinking the steering wheel on your toyota camry 2001 has too big of a diameter and should be much more compact..

closely watching the traffic lights and to get the best reaction time when it goes off

Ha, you just reminded me about this awfully sad thing I do at traffic lights sometimes... I pretend to be holding two clutch paddles at the bottom end of the steering wheel, foot on the brake with some revs, and then I gun it when the lights go green, releasing the first clutch and then the second a couple seconds later. I also, on occasion, reach down to the side of the steering wheel (between the door and the wheel) and pretend to adjust brake balance.

Crikey, can't believe I'm admitting this.

chilli_boy3

Post by chilli_boy3 »

sgt.hartman wrote:
chilli_boy3 wrote:thinking the steering wheel on your toyota camry 2001 has too big of a diameter and should be much more compact..

Ha, you just reminded me about this awfully sad thing I do at traffic lights sometimes... I pretend to be holding two clutch paddles at the bottom end of the steering wheel, foot on the brake with some revs, and then I gun it when the lights go green, releasing the first clutch and then the second a couple seconds later. I also, on occasion, reach down to the side of the steering wheel (between the door and the wheel) and pretend to adjust brake balance.

Crikey, can't believe I'm admitting this.

HAHAHAHA that brake balance adjusting really cracked me up!

and i only got my licence 2 days ago, only have an automatic so i don't get how double clutch works and releasing both of them :S
Supporting Webber, Alonso, Ricciardo, Kobayashi