WEC: 6 hours of Fuji

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Toby.

WEC: 6 hours of Fuji

Post by Toby. »

Anybody else watching this? Pretty treacherous conditions to start the morning have made for a pretty entertaining race early on. I've really taken to WEC this year, it's genuinely a regularly entertaining and exciting series.

Toby.

Re: WEC: 6 hours of Fuji

Post by Toby. »

I think this race may be more entertaining than any F1 race I've seen in many years.

Jayman

Post by Jayman »

I've been buying the races on the App to watch but didn't today cause it was on the same day as Bathurst. Next year I think I'll do the season pass for sure. Have to say I've been loving it. 3 Wins in a row for Webber's crew and now leading the Championship? I had the live timing open looks like they won doing 1 less stop as they were behind most of the day?

NetWorKzz

Post by NetWorKzz »

Where do you guys watch it? I'm in Canada and TSN doesn't show it :(

Jayman

Post by Jayman »

NetWorKzz wrote:Where do you guys watch it? I'm in Canada and TSN doesn't show it :(

You can buy an online subscription. Watch it on your PC / Mobile device. I normally stream it from my iPhone to Apple TV. I'm sure you could do the same with a Chromecast from the browser / Android. I wish F1 had something similar.

NetWorKzz

Post by NetWorKzz »

Jayman wrote:
NetWorKzz wrote:Where do you guys watch it? I'm in Canada and TSN doesn't show it :(

You can buy an online subscription. Watch it on your PC / Mobile device. I normally stream it from my iPhone to Apple TV. I'm sure you could do the same with a Chromecast from the browser / Android. I wish F1 had something similar.

Thanks. How much is the online season subscription?

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

I think I saw today somewhere that said the remaining races (three at the time) is about 15 pounds.

After watching the race at Sochi, the WEC just blew F1 out of the water today. Consistently entertaining and exciting racing for six hours verses another fairly dull, predictable 90-minute race.

HS Thompson

Post by HS Thompson »

Toby. wrote:I think I saw today somewhere that said the remaining races (three at the time) is about 15 pounds.

After watching the race at Sochi, the WEC just blew F1 out of the water today. Consistently entertaining and exciting racing for six hours verses another fairly dull, predictable 90-minute race.

I love sports car racing but I just cant watch a race for 6 hours. Too long.

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

HS Thompson wrote:
Toby. wrote:I think I saw today somewhere that said the remaining races (three at the time) is about 15 pounds.

I love sports car racing but I just cant watch a race for 6 hours. Too long.

That's fair enough. Truth be told I took a few breaks here and there. Seemed like yesterday no matter what time you'd tuned in (or for how long) there was something happening, or building to happen, on-track during the six-hour. In the F1 it was the same old case of Crofty talking out of his rear about things which could happen, which very often don't happen.

ShaneM

Post by ShaneM »

Between the deluge of the 6 hours of Fuji & almost 10 hours of Petit Le Mans, how
much Carbon Fiber do you think was destroyed. I bet the tyre engineers got a lot of wet weather data from it.

rawsushi

Post by rawsushi »

What's amazing is that the top 3 manufacturers in LMP1 all used different engine and hybrid concepts:

Toyota: Normally aspirated petrol, super capacitor hybrid

Audi: Turbo-diesel, flywheel hybrid

Porsche: Turbo-petrol, battery hybrid

And then all of them chose different levels of energy recovery.

And all of them support 4 wheel drive with energy recover and deployment on front wheels