Best hamilton Win And Why

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
cmax

Best hamilton Win And Why

Post by cmax »

Hey PF1 guys or hami fanatics which is your best win for Lewis. For me it has to be Nurburgring 2011.
The reason is simply stopping Webber from going on the outside and doing the same to Alonso in the next round, sealing the victiry for him.

Absolutely brilliant!!

Ysmalari

Re: Best hamilton Win And Why

Post by Ysmalari »

For me I think it was the Japanese win in 2007, the conditions were ridiculous but he held it together even though more experienced heads had crashed out.

Balibari
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Post by Balibari »

Spa or Silverstone '08
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

bailey.

Post by bailey. »

Silverstone 08 was epic.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Balibari wrote:Spa or Silverstone '08

He didn't win there.
eeee

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

The victory was wrongly stripped from him.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

Oh good god no :uhoh:

On topic, Canada 2007. A chaotic race, 4 safety car periods (a record at the time) and successfully holding Alonso off, all in his debut season.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Britain 08. He was in a different class that day.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

On topic, Canada 2007. A chaotic race, 4 safety car periods (a record at the time) and successfully holding Alonso off, all in his debut season.

Blame Balibari :uhoh:
eeee

benmc

Post by benmc »

dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

The stewards not only completely acted against their own precedent in giving the win to Massa, they effectively lied to McLaren.
Spa 2008 was a huge, massive injustice.

As for Hamilton's best win, Silverstone 2008. He was just dominant. But China 2011 is a close second.
I don't follow F1 so I don't know what I'm talking about

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

Well yes, both of you!

Although the end of Spa 2008 were the best laps of Formula One that I have ever watched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FzNZSaKOsQ

I remember being on my knees, roaring at the TV in disbelief at what I was seeing
(I may let me emotions get the better of me when watching exciting F1 races)
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Balibari
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Post by Balibari »

dizlexik wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

Moi?

:-P
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

DJKIMI

Post by DJKIMI »

Fuji 2007. First wet race in his first year and drove quite well (except under the safety car).

Would say Silverstone 08 but competition really wasnt there with the Ferrari having such a poor car in wet conditions.

Centauri

Post by Centauri »

I'm not what you would call a Hamilton fan, but I, like many others, personally consider Spa '08 to be his victory, and there aren't many (if any) races where I've shouted or been as much on the edge of my seat.

That said, I think Monaco '08 was a good one, but China '11 was a beauty as well. Hamilton has had a few thrillers in his time.

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

Britain 2008 i'd say, he lapped his team-mate through pure pace, and before that race had been taking so much hate from everyone as per usual, which just makes it that much better.

chinki

Post by chinki »

I know this wasnt a win but if there was a race that had me losing my voice due to extreme shouting and going from despair to unparalleled ecstasy.... it gotta be Brazil 08 :nod:

Of his wins, China 11 stands out in recent times and Germany 08 coz his team forced an extra stop on him and he still delivered!

Swaf13

Post by Swaf13 »

Canada 2010. He proved he could control rapidly degrading tyres and was still quick enough to win! I had a knot in my back from tensing the whole way through the race. It was exciting! ;)
Formula Flap - My work in progress F1 blog.

McLaren
Hamilton - Victory is good for the soul.

paulsf1fix

Post by paulsf1fix »

Japan 2007 and Monaco 2008 after he clipped barrier.

Yellowbin74

Post by Yellowbin74 »

Silverstone 2008 was amazing.

I was watching the 2008 review over the weekend, and (Hockenheim? the one where Piquet was 2nd) was a great race.

Didn't pit at the safety car, and came through to win. (Some may argue that Kovalainen let him through too easily, but to be fair Lewis was so much faster that day).
Should I grow a beard?

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

The back to back wins in 2008 at Silverstone and Hockenheim marked him out as a star driver. China 2011 was also great.

SnakeSVT2003

Post by SnakeSVT2003 »

SteveC84 wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

The victory was wrongly stripped from him.

That doesn't matter. Lewis is not the official winner, therefore it can't be counted as a win. One of his best drives, sure, but not best win.

I vote for Silverstone 2008. He was Carracciola, Rodriguez, Ickx, Senna, and Schumacher all rolled up into one that day. Epic drive. :thumbup:
"No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning."
Jean-Pierre Sarti

ToughGuy

Post by ToughGuy »

Some of his wins in GP2 were outstanding.
One race he fell back to 19th and he came through the field and took the flag.

cmax

Post by cmax »

Swaf13 wrote:Canada 2010. He proved he could control rapidly degrading tyres and was still quick enough to win! I had a knot in my back from tensing the whole way through the race. It was exciting! ;)

That was an epic race. Watching him driving from the back and overtaking right left and centre. Truly amazing race.

bbobeckyj

Post by bbobeckyj »

Not at all controversial :lol:

Spa was as much as I hate to admit it, a good drive. I'm struggling to remenber any of his wins right now, maybe his first, Canada, had the biggest time gap to the second place driver?

lamo

Post by lamo »

mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

Holding off Alonso? Hamilton led the whole distance and the only time Alonso was P2 was up until the first corner, Alonso was nowhere in that race, he went off track 4 times.

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Most of his wins were epic, and this is not coming from Hamilton's fan. Think of USA 2007 where he just stormed away from Alonso who was not able to match him, a true rookie at that time, in a very same machinery, Japan 2007, Monaco 2008, Silverstone 2008 - you name it. And the list goes on...
The end is near

Megamoss

Post by Megamoss »

You now, i'm struggling to recall a race win of his that really stands out. I missed Silverstone 2008 and only watched highlights so it's probably lost on me. China last year was a great performance but hardly spectacular.

His most memorable races where he's given fantastic performances, for me, are the ones he's struggled in. Adversity just seems to bring out the best in him. Although it can go either way.

JonA

Post by JonA »

He's had some rather spectacular wins but I am going to actually go with USA 07. It was particularly special as far as a victory goes but he did lay down a marker that he wouldn't yield to anyone on track, not even his double world champion team mate!

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Silverstone 2008

benmc

Post by benmc »

Megamoss wrote:You now, i'm struggling to recall a race win of his that really stands out. I missed Silverstone 2008 and only watched highlights so it's probably lost on me. China last year was a great performance but hardly spectacular.

His most memorable races where he's given fantastic performances, for me, are the ones he's struggled in. Adversity just seems to bring out the best in him. Although it can go either way.

Hardly spectacular?
You want to tell me how many drivers won a race when running 5th with 20 laps to go? And passing all four cars on track?
I don't follow F1 so I don't know what I'm talking about

minchy

Post by minchy »

I'm no fan of Lewis, but there's 3 contenders in my eyes:

Canada '07 - just because it was pure madness, he kept getting an advantage, safety car kept bringing the field back together and taking a win in your first season of F1 is epic by anyones standards
Great Britain '08 - was an epic win, more than a minute ahead of 2nd place
Hungary '09 - as he showed what he can do with a car that was by no means near the top of the grid that year.
Last edited by minchy on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

lamo wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

He didn't win there.

Holding off Alonso? Hamilton led the whole distance and the only time Alonso was P2 was up until the first corner, Alonso was nowhere in that race, he went off track 4 times.

OK let me rephrase:

A chaotic race, 4 safety car periods (a record at the time) and successfully holding Alonso off into turn 1, all in his debut season.
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

j man

Post by j man »

Surely Silverstone 2008 is a no-brainer. He was utterly peerless that day, and as far as I'm concerned it's up there with any of the great wet-weather performances in history. Martin Brundle is not one to sensationalise things but even he described it as one of the top three drives he has ever commentated on. There was one spell where he was 5 or 6 seconds a lap faster than any of the others on the same tyres and ended up winning by over a minute, lapping his team mate and all his championship rivals. It was the race that convinced me that Lewis is more than just a very good driver plonked into a top car - he is a special talent.

No competition for me.

pyratheon141

Post by pyratheon141 »

minchy wrote:I'm no fan of Lewis, but there's 3 contenders in my eyes:

Canada '07 - just because it was pure madness, he kept getting an advantage, safety car kept bringing the field back together and taking a win in your first season of F1 is epic by anyones standards
Canada '09 - as he showed what he can do with a car that was by no means near the top of the grid that year.

There was no Canadian GP in 2009

minchy

Post by minchy »

pyratheon141 wrote:
minchy wrote:I'm no fan of Lewis, but there's 3 contenders in my eyes:

Canada '09 - as he showed what he can do with a car that was by no means near the top of the grid that year.

There was no Canadian GP in 2009

oops! My bad, fixed!
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

orbthef1fan

Post by orbthef1fan »

Britain 2008, Monaco 2008, or Abu Dhabi 2008.

He dominated them all wich is what I love. :D
#LH44 Hammer time!

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

benmc wrote:
Megamoss wrote:You now, i'm struggling to recall a race win of his that really stands out. I missed Silverstone 2008 and only watched highlights so it's probably lost on me. China last year was a great performance but hardly spectacular.

Hardly spectacular?
You want to tell me how many drivers won a race when running 5th with 20 laps to go? And passing all four cars on track?

Yep There's not many drivers with a more spectacular win than that. Schumachers got a few and Button in Canada 2011 obviously. Raikkonen in Suzuka would be another. Theres not a whole lot more though.

number_two

Post by number_two »

silverstone 2008 was great, but kimi was as fast as him until first pit stop where ferrari screwed him up.

but Germany 2008....oh man, Lewis was more than 1 second faster than anyone that day...even kovalainen in same car (so it was not car being faster)

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

orbthef1fan wrote:Britain 2008, Monaco 2008, or Abu Dhabi 2008.

He dominated them all wich is what I love. :D

He finished 12 months before anyone else did - I think that has to be record.

sinstorm

Post by sinstorm »

Silverstone 2008 is my favourite win of Lewis's! Epic drive. Hope he can produce similar races this season. Lapping Vettel? That would be pure gold, especially if he raised the finger whilst doing so :)
"Go forth a conqueror and win great victories"
-Virgil.