2015 F1 Spanish GP Race Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Need4Naiim

2015 F1 Spanish GP Race Thread

Post by Need4Naiim »

So, we have a race now after 3 weeks. My opinions for this round:

#i am curious what Ferrari will be able to achieve with so many upgrades
#I do not tip Rosberg for the win (sorry), it will be another "one of those races" for him.
#My prediction for Barcelona is; the current championship leader will get too close to win this race, but eventually Sebastian Vettel will win the 2015 Spanish Grand Prix.
#I will be surprised if Mclaren gets first points on pure pace here.
#I expect Bottas to have a good race AGAIN after Bahrain GP.
#Perhaps Hulkenberg will not get on to podium. (Maybe a 6th like his WEC debut)
#When the season ends in November, this race will be remembered.
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®

Quark

Re: 2015 F1 Spanish GP Race Thread

Post by Quark »

Seb for the win. FTW!

I hope your prediction comes true.

KingVoid

Post by KingVoid »

Rosberg needs to position himself for the Schumacher-chop at Turn 1 tomorrow. Lewis has been better at starts for quite a while now.

Raikkonen will probably recover to 4th, and Massa to 6th. I'm also expecting surprisingly good race pace from McLaren-Honda.

w1Y!

Post by w1Y! »

I had layed Hamilton at 1.7 for this race as odds where too good to miss. This just isn't a track I ever feel lewis is comfortable at.

If he wins I'm happy and if he loses then I win a bit of money.

I don't even think lewis will have pace tomorrow.

F1Tyrant

Post by F1Tyrant »

w1Y! wrote:This just isn't a track I ever feel lewis is comfortable at.
Lewis had it hooked up sweetly in 2012 it would have been an easy win. Instead he went from 24th to 8th and Jenson finished 9th.
w1Y! wrote:I don't even think lewis will have pace tomorrow.
Lewis has an edge on Nico on the hard tyre and Nico will be quite low on confidence considering his pole-to-win conversion rate.
OVERRATED LEGENDS RACING

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

Hamilton could take Rosberg into turn one has his starts are generally much better.

Schumacher forever#1

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Clarky wrote:Hamilton could take Rosberg into turn one has his starts are generally much better.
It's the longest run down into turn 1 as well. I think if Rosberg can say ahead on the first lap, he will most likely win the race. He seems full of confidence this weekend while Hamilton's struggling with setup and pace. If Hamilton does catch Rosberg at some point, I expect Rosberg to get feisty and stop repeats of USA and Japan.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Need4Naiim wrote:#Perhaps Hulkenberg will not get on to podium. (Maybe a 6th like his WEC debut)
Uh, 'perhaps'? Do you see something in the Force India package to suggest it has the faintest whiff at a podium? Perhaps Hulkenberg will get points, although probably not. I think he'd be ecstatic with 6th place.

Anyway, I suppose I may as well make a fool of myself with some predictions for the race:
  • Ferrari unable to challenge Mercedes, although Kimi does fight his way back up to 4th
  • McLaren into the points, although helped by...
  • At least 2 of the 4 Renault engined cars DNF
  • Nico Rosberg wins
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Exediron [et al], no point arguing with a troll who isn't here any more, you'll just wind yourself up for no reason.

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Maldonado is ready!

Source: Twitter
Last edited by nixxxon on Sun May 10, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shoot999

Post by shoot999 »

Falling out between Paddy Lowe and Rosberg after yesterdays comments by Rosberg. 8O

https://www.facebook.com/MercedesAMGF1/ ... =3&theater

:lol:

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

shoot999 wrote:Falling out between Paddy Lowe and Rosberg after yesterdays comments by Rosberg. 8O

Gotta say Lowe is wrong. An F1 car is really the driver's office, they're not really driving them for fun/pleasure, but for work, and have nothing to do with a personal sports car, a yacht, a jet or whatever they have in their private life.
That hour and a half sitting in there driving a race distance must be far more tiring and exhausting than an average officer working 8 hours.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

nixxxon wrote:
shoot999 wrote:Falling out between Paddy Lowe and Rosberg after yesterdays comments by Rosberg. 8O

Gotta say Lowe is wrong. An F1 car is really the driver's office, they're not really driving them for fun/pleasure, but for work, and have nothing to do with a personal sports car, a yacht, a jet or whatever they have in their private life.
That hour and a half sitting in there driving a race distance must be far more tiring and exhausting than an average officer working 8 hours.
I get what you are saying that racing in F1 is their work, but equally I think these guys are having the time of their lives doing it. They're getting paid to play, basically. It can't really be described as work in the traditional sense, so I understand where Lowe is coming from.

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Zoue wrote:
nixxxon wrote:

I get what you are saying that racing in F1 is their work, but equally I think these guys are having the time of their lives doing it. They're getting paid to play, basically. It can't really be described as work in the traditional sense, so I understand where Lowe is coming from.
Playing = for fun, elite sport is very hard work and far from fun in the most traditional sense.
They're paid so high because they are the best in the world in the matter, it works the same for almost every important job or sport.

neek

Post by neek »

Hoping Hammy will attack, but not sure he has the pace to match...should be fun whatever though :D

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

nixxxon wrote:
Zoue wrote:
nixxxon wrote:

Playing = for fun, elite sport is very hard work and far from fun in the most traditional sense.
They're paid so high because they are the best in the world in the matter, it works the same for almost every important job or sport.
I disagree. I think they are having tremendous fun and what they do is far from work in the traditional sense. I agree they are paid highly because they are the best, but I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't get paid. But show me one other job that "normal" people pay money to emulate in their free time. They are having fun: they are just lucky enough that they are paid (very well) to do it, too.

skyform

Post by skyform »

I knew that Hamilton would start bad because many people were loud how he will get Rosberg easily at the start, the same comments at autosport, always when his fans predict stuff like this and make him look like a god it goes the other way and they get a punch in their face.
Last edited by skyform on Sun May 10, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyform

Post by skyform »

Hamilton doesnt have the pace, Rosberg a beast, easy win for him, about time, Hamilton can't win them all as most of his fans think!

Beschy

Post by Beschy »

The cars look slow
Schumacher was better than Senna.

neek

Post by neek »

not looking very promising for hamilton just yet :/

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Hamilton's question to the pits about closing the gap, plus the fact he was told to save his Q2 tyres yesterday suggest Mercedes are attempting a two stop, or are extremely tyre limited for a three stop.

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Zoue wrote:I disagree. I think they are having tremendous fun and what they do is far from work in the traditional sense. I agree they are paid highly because they are the best, but I wasn't arguing that they shouldn't get paid. But show me one other job that "normal" people pay money to emulate in their free time. They are having fun: they are just lucky enough that they are paid (very well) to do it, too.
If you ask drivers they would say they rarely ever get fun, as they always need to work very hard. Maybe they have fun if their car is faster than the rest and they can beat their team mate easily...
Being a sport maybe it can not be labelled as "traditional work" but they still need to put in a lot of effort.
Last edited by nixxxon on Sun May 10, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyform

Post by skyform »

Hamilton sucks today and he has to suck on a track where overtaking is one of the hardest, that's because he films zoolander in the break instead of focus on F1 and oversleeps on Friday and stuff like this, he is full of him self so he got what he deserves! He gets distracted if he is doiminant and if he is beaten, really confusing guy!

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Hamilton very poor so far for his standards! You'd think he'd manage to despatch Vettel rather easy given the advantage Merc had yesterday, clearly he's having balance issues and possibly tyre wear will get bad in the dirty air.

Rosberg romping away.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Mr-E

Post by Mr-E »

Maldonado's rear wing (right side) caved in after he closed DRS.. Looks like it could be dangerous..

neek

Post by neek »

Darn it ... *Cringe* *looks away* *holds face in hands* :D

Aspar

Post by Aspar »

Are Merc serious? Second race in a row they f*** up LH's pit stop.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Maldanado is by far the least lucky driver in F1. Hit 4 times when not at fault in the first four races and now has a rear wing failure. Guy can't catch a break.

dogboy

Post by dogboy »

Where is Button ?? DNF ?

phazblade

Post by phazblade »

Toto deploys the old German wheel gun trick .......... Again
I'm not slowing down for Nico ........

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Hamilton sounds like a well beaten man. He has no answers
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

mcdo wrote:Hamilton sounds like a well beaten man. He has no answers
He has told the team they have to come up with something

Who is the race driver paid to drive here ?

PRFAN

Post by PRFAN »

mikeyg123 wrote:Maldanado is by far the least lucky driver in F1. Hit 4 times when not at fault in the first four races and now has a rear wing failure. Guy can't catch a break.
Did Grosjean caused that damage?

Aspar

Post by Aspar »

beanchimp wrote:

Do you expect him to change his tires as well? When the team loses him around 3 seconds in the pit and thus wasting the ability to take second place, they better have something up their sleeves to compensate for that huge, in terms of F1, error and delay.

neek

Post by neek »

Come on Hamilton, you fricken can take Vettel on track! grr :)

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

PRFAN wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:Maldanado is by far the least lucky driver in F1. Hit 4 times when not at fault in the first four races and now has a rear wing failure. Guy can't catch a break.
Did Grosjean caused that damage?
No, they hit tyre to tyre.

G926

Post by G926 »

That horrible whining noise has reappeared in Hamilton's car.

The team needs to disable his radio button. :D :D

VDV23

Post by VDV23 »

So the Hard tyre is definitely not a race tyre (Sainz' words, not mine). And it is most definitely not a qualy tyre either.

What kind of tyre it is then? :lol:

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Aspar wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

Do you expect him to change his tires as well? When the team loses him around 3 seconds in the pit and thus wasting the ability to take second place, they better have something up their sleeves to compensate for that huge, in terms of F1, error and delay.
He couldn't get past him before the pit stops

He made a poor start and is paying for it, he can't blame the team for that

VDV23

Post by VDV23 »

Button stopped more than 10 laps before Alonso and didn't manage to undercut him? Erm...what!?